@#%$!#^ Fees# #$%#$^%

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
Just a rant here...

If you use a bank to deposit to your account via a debit card, expect something like a 3% fee from MA that's taken off of your Pedcard - which is normal transaction fee there, AND a 3% fee from your bank that is added as an additional transaction to your bank account statment. This was my first and last time trying to deposit using a debit card...

Apparently the bank can hit you with an "international fee" or "currency exchange fee" without any notice, and make it look like it's a fee coming from Mindark.

From now on I'll stick with those blasted prepaid visa cards that I used to use to deposit. At least on the higher dollar ones the fees on that end up being less than 6% that's paid up front.. I think.

You must use the iban nr's
Else the bank punishes you for no reason.. sorry to hear that you had to experiance it the hard way. I understand your frustration

my bank never charged me for making a purchase/deposit into MA

i think i would look for anouther bank with less restrictive billing

my bank never charged me for making a purchase/deposit into MA

i think i would look for anouther bank with less restrictive billing

But why? Shouldn't we be helping the economy by paying off the banks with more money?!

J/K, of course. I've seen the fee a few times on my account, but it's a mere $1-2 charge for each deposit, so nothing to make a big deal out of. However, if you're getting charged a %, and you make a large deposit, I can imagine the frustration.

Like Draggger said, go to another bank that is least restrictive, or just do what you said, get a Pre-Paid CC :).

Honestly its like $1.11 I think.

Your missing out on a McChicken on the dollar menu from McDonalds.

I do most of my business online. shopping around the world - So a bank that allows you to use your debit card as a means to pay for items from companies outside of USA with a low fee should be your ideal bank.:cool:
If your Bank does not support this then you need to look for one that has so restrictions. Otherwise go for a Prepaid Visa. ;)

What's just one small tip proofing HOW MA is greedy. They should take all fees on their side. Because we buy their currency.
The statement MA put to front page: 100 peds = $10 is false
for me 100 peds is min $11

I depo via PayByCash and pay around 10% over.
:yay: bravo MA - you're really #1

Just a rant here...

If you use a bank to deposit to your account via a debit card, expect something like a 3% fee from MA that's taken off of your Pedcard - which is normal transaction fee there, AND a 3% fee from your bank that is added as an additional transaction to your bank account statment. This was my first and last time trying to deposit using a debit card...

So you were depositing with the Credit Card option, in a different currency to your local one?

In that case VISA hacks off their %, and the bank would charge you a currency conversion fee - which is usually a %, whilst at the same time giving you a relatively poor exchange rate.

This is standard for international transactions. MA may make a little bit off the VISA fee (depending on what VISA's actual fee is to them), but that's it.

If you are using a wire transfer the bank will just slug you a fee (sometimes %, sometimes fixed value, depending on the bank) and give you the crappy exchange rate.

Now if your account is in USD and the bank is slugging you currency conversion fees, go have a chat to them - they may have stuffed something up.

Bye,
Deathifier

I do Int CC transactions....

I have my bank do ALL the currency conversions and pay the cc fee so i am depositing in US $, .............. MA still take there percentage .....

I couldnt understand why either but, i am an EU junkie and just needed the ped..

maybe the fee is for US$ to PED conversion :scratch2:

To those saying use a bank with low a fee i suggest you check the exchange rate you are getting because you can bet its worse than those that charge a fee. No bank will do something for you for free they are a business after all. They either charge you a fee to transfer money internationally or they take the fee from offering you a poorer exchange rate. There is no getting out of it.

Of course you could take the option to move to Sweden and take the cash directly to MA's bank and deposit the hard cash direct to their account. Then you will have no fee.

MA should put some small print in the $1 = 10PED statement to include subject to exchange rates and banking fee.

Just another one of those 'creative' phrases MA uses.

If I deposited $100, I get 965 PED.

If I withdrew 1000 PED, I would get $90 USD.

Essentially depositing and withdrawing $100, you will get:
$100 -> 965 PED -> $86.50
(This figure of course, neglecting bank fees--My bank would charge a $20-40 fee for an international incoming wire, I don't recall how much it is)

Losing roughly 1/6 of your initial deposit--Simply from depositing and withdrawing money.

Ever tried to run ur own business guys ? And accept visa payments from international locations, and also send money to international locations ?

It doesn't come for free, as you should know ! Cos some of you posted up saying it costs you to recieve money into your bank account.... is that MA's fault ?

Nothing is free, only sweat, fruit stone and www.entropiaradio.com/atlashaven

Last edited:
I do Int CC transactions....

I have my bank do ALL the currency conversions and pay the cc fee so i am depositing in US $, .............. MA still take there percentage .....

I couldnt understand why either but, i am an EU junkie and just needed the ped..

maybe the fee is for US$ to PED conversion :scratch2:

If it is via credit card then the card provider will still take their cut from the merchant (MindArk) for the transaction.

I'm not aware of being able to 'pre-pay' the credit card transaction fee and if you can, it's probable that MA (and other companies) will charge it by default anyway so you'd need to go get reimbursed.

If your deposit is via wire transfer (no credit card's involved, goes straight from your account to theirs) then the only fees should be at your bank.

If there is a change in currency there is a conversion fee in addition to all that.

MindArk charges no fee that I'm aware of to convert between USD and PED.

- Deathifier

What's just one small tip proofing HOW MA is greedy. They should take all fees on their side. ...
I depo via PayByCash and pay around 10% over.
:yay: bravo MA - you're really #1

you pay 10% to PayByCash, do you pay any further fees?

MA cannot take the fee as that would have the effect of injecting money into the system from their pocket.

UKash for the world! :yay:

what are the fees for Ukash (asked before, not seen an answer though)

You will also see that ur exchange rate for your peds vs. different depositing methods change, and some are more beneficial than others.

Welcome to Capitalism :)

hmmm...

Honestly its like $1.11 I think.

Your missing out on a McChicken on the dollar menu from McDonalds.

3% of 1k USD = $30 USD.. Another 3% added to MA's side = $60.00. That's a lot more than something off the dollar menu! On deposits larger than that, that's even more...

UKash for the world!

It would be nice if UKash existed here in the States...

I do supposse the 6% is cheaper than prepay visa cards since they end up being roughly 5% prepaid to whoever you bought the card from around here.. so that added to MA's 3% = 8%...

so the 6% with 3% to bank and 3% to MA isn't as bad as I originally thought... but still an annoyance for the Bank to be sneaky and put the transaction in to account statement with Mindark on there making it look like MA took charges that were not authorized when it was really the bank.

If someone can get less than 6%, with 3% to MA and 3% to bank, here in the States, what bank are you using?

Question, Mastermesh:

Have you talked to your bank and confirmed those bank charges were in fact done by them and not from MA?

Yep.

Question, Mastermesh:

Have you talked to your bank and confirmed those bank charges were in fact done by them and not from MA?
Yep. I did question them about it and they said that the fees were from them. Pretty annoying.

Yeah, the fees suck... MA grabs a bite, and whatever payment service you use gets a bite as well... it all adds up.

IDeal ftw :D

bank transfers are no prob for me eitehr works fine no fees.

its just the fucked up american banking system that scrws u

IDeal ftw :D

bank transfers are no prob for me eitehr works fine no fees.

its just the fucked up american banking system that scrws u

too bad the EU has decided that the Netherlands need to reform their bank system as well, to make it more integrated with the rest of the EU. Too bad this means the highly efficient banking system of the Netherlands will lose efficiency in the process.

lmao, welcome to doing business in a capitialist society.

My bank however does charge a currency conversion fee of 2% to exchange my AUD to USD and then MA take their bit as well ..... plus the $2 fee for a international transaction lol. Including the the rate of 1aud = 0.72usd and the fact that my bank sells me usd at a lower rate of about .69 something to make their cut.

Now I don't have a problem with the bank making their cut outta it as otherwise I am going to need to fly to Sweden with a brief stopover in the US to exchange some cash over.

so you can pay the fee's or fly there and deposit it yourself. (i'll take the fee's)

Back