Finaly Space is how it should be.

llmythll

Mature
Society
NBK Army
mitera ra merter
Hello,

I love space just the way it is. It actually is calm and quiet, making the pvp seem more real, it can come from nowhere if your not careful which makes it more exciting. I have spent my time in space taking many travelers to CP/FOMA as well as all the other planets. First I bought one of those "Thruster Lights" I like to think of them as diet thrusters, same great travel with only half the cost. Thats right the "Lights" cost only .05 PEC decay where as the 5 PED ones have .10. Anyway I bought the Diet one and took a SOC mate of mine into space.

Now I have a VTOL and was ready to get the first thruster with a BO I saw, yeah I know I should have seen that on the first day there wouldn't be a BO for a while but the excitement had blinded me. Loaded up with ammo for my pilot weapon and my SOC mate was ready to go on in the gunner chair. SPACE PIRATES YAY! Up we went. A message pops up "do you want to enter space?" I click yes, it was the reason I flew strait up isn't it? I'm in space! I look around at the newest addition to our beloved universe, space wow! "Oh look the Motherships!" I look down at my screen, "SOC mate has died" I get a message from my SOC mate, "I'm still falling." He had forgot to download space.

A bit later:

"Yay space! Lets go kill us some ships! After flying around for 10 mins or so without seeing another person, we flew back to Calypso, no space pirating for us. After a few mins I decided I was going to try to make my PEDs back shuttling people to places they wanted to go. Heading to twins I decided on the only suitable price for travel and spammed my add 2 times or so, got my first passenger. Entered into space shuttled him to FOMA, returned to Calypso and immediately picked up my second passenger, this was a trip to another planet. Safe flight there as well, now I am on my second thruster, full flavor, paid for by my new shuttling job. Space is lootable, some areas are not, yes it is a risk, and yes again to a good profit. My passengers do not carry stackable with them much but I do offer an insurance up to 50 PED. I never have stackable, but my reputation as a safe transporter keeps me on constant look out and defense, an attack can come from anywhere and at anytime, it's so fun!!

Definitely refreshing to read a positive post about space, as opposed to the typical whining about it that's been happening lately. Though I'm sure someone will post after me, continuing the bitch-fest.

Good luck with your future business!

Great post, certainly different and uplifting in contrast to the many other threads and posts.

Good luck in your business as a Shuttling Entrepreneur! :thumbup:

best of luck mate :)

Nice and entertaining post :cool:

UPDATE:

From day 2 of space I have been shuttling people all over the universe, here is a small list of things to remember when being a passenger in space.

1). Most important, make sure you have space downloaded. You will fall to your death if space is not downloaded and many pilots will not come back to pick you up, it is a loss of an entire trip for us to come back and pick you up and thrusters are a bit pricey.

2). Even if you have space downloaded you might not have the area you want to go downloaded, again you die but this time you will rez at the closest revive.

3). Yes the stations do TP you to the closest planet, I charge half up front and half at landing which means no matter what I am cheaper than the 25 ped it costs to TP down to the planet by the time you get to that TP. Yes people have thought to get out of paying by doing this however in the end they will pay more to get to the planet. :laugh:

Moving on:

Space is great and I am loving shuttling people, I have made several trips to all but one planet so far and have checked on some prices while on these other planets. Yes there is already a difference in even sweat prices, 3 PED per 1k on Calypso and 5 PED per 1k on Rock. Some BPs use sweat, welding wires being one that most have probably seen sweat prices will continue to be different prices on different planets, this is just my thoughts on that.

Another fun story:

Made my first trip to Rock with a SOC mate of mine, we got there and he didn't have a TP I thought he might want so I offer to fly him there. Once we arrive and get the TP I offer to take him to where the zombies are. We hop back into my VTOL and up we go, just as we pass over the Rocktropia sign BANG!! we are dead!! Turns out we need a cell phone to leave the city now. Both of us feeling a bit noobish now decide we can just TP somewhere else so thats what we did, BANG!! we are dead again. :confused: Can't TP out of the city either. Defeated we do some quests and get the friggin phone.

So far space is nothing but fun for me, PVP and all I wouldn't change a thing.

UPDATE:

Another great day of shuttling passengers around in space! Happy to let you know there are still things I am learning out there, I know space has been around for days right! Why shouldn't I know everything about it already!! Guess I'm a bit of a slow learner... Anyway.... Lets talk about locations for a bit, I saw a thread while looking at the new posts in forums asking about pilot locations on different planets, here is a list of the locations I and some other pilots go to when looking for our next passenger.

Calypso: Twins, sometimes PA.

Arcadia: Sanctuary Cove.

Rocktropia: City of Dreams and Lagoon.

Next Island: ???? None of my passengers have ever asked to go there so I have no clue.

FOMA: Control Room 2, asteroid CND Telliporter.

Crystal Palace: Same room you land in.

MYSTERY STORY:

Space is a quiet place most the time, sometimes the only indication you are moving is the sound of the ship's engines running. Just finished a shuttle to FOMA, seems to be some good mining there today. Pulling out of FOMA's bay I turn my VTOL toward Arkadia, looking around for other ships before leaving the safe zone. "Good deal, no ships around." I say my empty gunner chair. "Glad we got a call for a pick up." If you spend enough time up here the sound of your own voice is sometimes comforting.

The hum of the ships engines calm my nerves, quiet space there is nothing more refreshing, clears your head. Reaching over to my old school cooler, earth style, I grab a beer kick back and relax. "Long trip this one is, think we will see trouble this run?." Again talking to my empty gunner chair. "You worry too much, here have a beer." Reaching back into my cooler I hand my passenger a beer. "I know it isn't that cold, ran out of ice shortly after I dropped you off on FOMA." Turning back to the screen I see nothing but empty space, good beer.

DEEPBEEP! The noise from the screen announcing entrance into the safe zone surrounding Arkadia. "Finlay, another safe trip, time to pick em up." Landing smoothly on the planet's surface, Sanctuary Cove is the name of the place he wanted me to meet him. Sure enough there he is waiting on me. "Hey, good to see you again. Let me know when ru ready." I knew he was ready he had been waiting on me for days now, I just like to piss him off. "About time you showed up." He says to me. "Almost went with another pilot." Guess he likes to piss me off as well. "Hop in, I gotta get some ice before we go, pointing at the passenger in my gunner chair, "He ate it all, and still owes me fare for that trip to FOMA!" Walking toward a command post I notice my next passenger is eying my empty gunners chair. "What's up, you ok?" I ask him. "Looking for that passenger you said owed you money." Now he is looking at me funny. "What passenger? I dropped my last one off at FOMA safe and sound, gave me a good tip too." This planet seems to have made this guy a bit nuts, imagining people that arn't there, ok act like he said something a normal person would. Smiling at him I turn and walk into get my ice, cold beer is the only way to go.

"We just left the safe zone." Looking back I eye my nutty passenger, he is sane enough for this trip isn't he? "Have a cold beer buddy this is a long trip." Accepting the beer he seems a bit more relaxed now.

"Good he is sleeping." Careful to speak in a whisper so as not to wake him. Space nice and quiet, the sound of the ships engine calm my nerves. wawawa... wawaWAWAwawa.... Whats this? A feeling enters my gut that I just don't like. Looking out my ship windows I scan my eyes around space... nothing there. wawawaWAWAWAAAwawa... It's a mechanical sound, like something is being passed over my ship. I look up scanning above my ship, the screen shows me nothing, there is nothing out there! Down? Ship can see anyone below us either. wawaWAWAwawa.... My engines almost cove the sound but I hear it, can't see anything but I know something is out there. I have never heard this sound in all my days as as a transporter. Remembering my passenger I decide to check on him. "Still asleep, good." The sound came and went the rest of the trip to Calypso, like something was chasing me and passing over my ship.

"We are here pal." Waking up my passenger realizes he slept much of the trip. "Thanks buddy, guess nothing happened then?" Smiling I shake my head, "Calm and quiet as usual." He hands me some PEDs, "Thanks for the safe trip then and good luck out there." As I watched him leave I thought to myself, "not a chance I'm going to tell a crazy man I thought something followed us back."

hmmh I don´t like space the way it is now... but I do like your stories! ;)

For Next Island the common hang out is Crystal Centre.

Like your stories, have fun out there and watch out for pirates. Oh FYI, the Interceptor is a great investment for space travel, takes about 60% of the time as a MK2 so you can shuttle more passengers. And the added speed mean that if a pirate is out of weapons range they can't close the distance.

Based on your VTOL craft, can you give some indication of the distance between planets/destinations in terms of time taken to travel. These info may be helpful. Thanks again for the good read.

UPDATE:

To answer a previous post about the time it takes to travel in space I have begun timing my flights, I know and yes your right, this is probably something I should have done when I started piloting:yup: So far I have only two locations timed, the reason for this will be explained later.

Calypso to FOMA: 13 minutes

Calypso to Arkadia: 23 minutes

WHY ONLY TWO SO FAR:

My day started out great, picked up my first shuttle of the day soon as I landed on Calypso. She wanted to go to FOMA, I did too there were some nice HOFs happening at the time. "Sure thing, hop in." checked the time and headed to my first passengers destination. The trip went well didn't see a single person that run, passenger arrives on FOMA safe and sound. I write my time down check Control room 2 for another passenger. Leaving FOMA I see a few ships, say hi to one that I know and head back to Calypso.

Before I go on let me talk about what makes a good Entropia business person.

Having a lot of PED means nothing if you don't know what to do with it, yeah owning a shop, booth, land area and any other estate can make you some money. But the single most important thing when dealing with people in our great universe is REPUTATION! No I don't mean pirates, I like the thought of them terrorizing space makes it more gritty. The reputation of an avatar can make or break a player and sometimes it is best in the long run to lose a bit every once in a while, how a person conducts their chosen job will build the players reputation, if the players think your good at what you do then you will get more business.

ONLY TWO continued:

Arriving at Twins I get my next passenger after about 20 mins, he wants to go to Arkadia. Fairly safe flight, had to lose one trying to tail us but other than that smooth trip. I then head to Sanctuary Cove to pick up my next passenger, waited a good hour before I finaly got one, he wants to go back to Calypso. Easy flight, we see nobody and we are about to land on the planet. MY POWER GOES OUT!! Bad storm hit where I live in RL and we lose power for hours.

Now this passenger paid for a flight to Calypso but ended up on Calypso Space Station, thats a 7 PED TP down to the planet that he should not have had to make. Things like this can help mess with a players reputation and I highly value mine.

If anyone knows the player named II eye II please let him know that I understand the troubles he had to go through and if he finds me at Twins I will gladly hand his PEDs back over to him, I carge half upfront and half on landing meaning that I owe him 20 PED.

Dude, don't you know that you are supposed to hate everything and blame MA for it? What are you doing enjoying yourself?

Get with the program.

Now this passenger paid for a flight to Calypso but ended up on Calypso Space Station, thats a 7 PED TP down to the planet that he should not have had to make. Things like this can help mess with a players reputation and I highly value mine.

i was under the impression it was cheaper to take the TP back down since the markup on a thruster is so high?

UPDATE:

Thank you readers for all your help, I have talked with II eye II and we are all good now, my rep is still intact:smoke:

So far the price of thrusters is holding at around 500 PED, good for me because that is exactly the price I want it to stay at. I know space has only been around for about a week or so but as long as thrusters are at 500 PED I have a great job, if it falls too much below that then everyone will have a thruster and I'll be out of a job and I do enjoy my job :yay:

SIDE NOTE:

I don't know about other pilots but I have yet to get a single passenger that wants to go to NI, personally I have only been there once but it might be fun to wander around there for a bit so to the first person that comes to me in game and asks for a ride to NI I will let you ride for half price.

This will be a small post today but I am working on a new story and will be posting it soon for any that care to read it, so far this posting thing is fun too and as long as people read it I'll keep writing it. Guess I should have thought of a better name for this thread...... anyway thanks for all the support!!

UPDATE:

Had a slow start today, at least for the first hour but after that business really picked up. Most the time I would just get off the TP and spam my fees once before I picked up my next passneger. I don't really know why people are posting threads about how space is killing the game, I can hardly keep up with the amounts of people I shuttle in a day let alone a week. I am sure other pilots are doing just as well, at least I know two others that are.

ANYWAY:

I have the start of another story for you readers, if ya like it I will post more of it if not I will move on. I still think I need a better name for this thread.

STORY:

Stepping from the room where I woke, I look down at my new body. Faded and tattered rags cover me as best they can, the only thing I can remember in my name, Mitera ra. “Ra”… the word congers an image in my mind, darkness, covered in shadows …… a man stands before me, his sword the only thing I can make out with clarity, blood beading at the tip before falling to the ground.…… “Welcome to Calypso!” So intense was the vision that I hadn’t notice there were people around. “Calypso” I repeat looking up at the man now in front of me, a plump little man wearing a brown brimmed hat cocked so far to the back of his head that I could see his balding top where it met a white crown of hair. “You another new comer? Saw you come off the shuttle, names Paul.” He says as he extends a chubby hand, “Looks like you could use a mentor.” A flowered blue shirt stretched so tightly over his enormous bulk that one of the buttons flew off and bounced a few times on the ground in a desperate attempt to get away from such an unsightly shirt. “What’s yer name lass?” He asks retracting the chubby hand as he bent down to pick up the escaping button. “Mitera” I replied, remembering the vision I decide not to speak the rest of my name for fear of what could happen if I did. Looking around I see a building behind some stalls in front of me and begin to head in their direction. “Hey, where ya goin lass!” Paul calls from behind me. “Don’t ya want a mentor?” Still walking towards the building I call back over my shoulder “No thanks, wouldn’t want to waste your time.” What’s a mentor anyway? I thought. Reaching the doorway I take a look inside before walking in.

Nice rack on that one. He thought as he eyed a dark haired woman leaving the building in front of the new comers area. Of course he would never say it out loud but in his mind he was free to say what he liked. He had just come back to Port Atlantis to sell the sweat he had gathered from a camp in the west. Myth Merter was a man of decent looks; at least he didn’t think he looked too bad, kept his hair shaved to keep him cool during the sometimes hot days of gathering sweat from the local wildlife. Unlike on Earth the sweat of this planet’s beasts were treated as a raw material used to make Mind Essence that other more wealthy people used to enhance their mental powers. Myth spent most of his days extracting the sweat with his own mental powers which he then took to the local market to sell. Picking a place where he could sell his collected sweat and watch the dark haired girl he began to announce his wares.

“Get your sweat from me; one thousand bottles for the low price of seven PED come see me by the boxes.” A shaven headed man yells while looking in my direction. “Why on Earth would a person want to buy sweat?” I say to no one in particular, PED must be the local currency. Deciding to see how this shaven headed man does I sit down and rest my back on a nearby wall. So many people standing around here, this must be a business district.

Hey guys, still piloting and yes still loving it.
I still find it very enjoyable to chat with my passengers, I have developed a decent size customer base now and get to continue to chat with people regularly while shuttling them around the universe. There are still long periods of waiting for a customer even after shuttling for a few months now, that’s ok though because chat at twins can be fairly entertaining at times.
Anyway just a small update to let everyone know I’m still enjoying space.

Back