First MSM "Who's Who Official" Interview - (Podcast)

MindStar9

Self-Requested Deactivation
MindStar9
Syer and I are pleased to present our first MSM "Who's Who Official" interview with John K. Bates, MindArk's Business Development & Platform Evangelist. There is a brief introduction in the article, and then the full interview on podcast.

Stay tuned to MindStar Media, because we have 3 more confirmed, as well as our first "Who's Who Player" and "Who's Who Society" interviews which will also follow the same format with a brief introduction, and then the full interview on podcast.

Go to the MindStar Media website. The JK Bates article is the first in rotation on the front page. If you click on the front page banner, it will take you to the article introduction and interview podcast.

Last edited:
"It's tough for Swedes to communicate in a way that Americans get right off the bat." - John Bates

:wise:

Niiice! looking forwards to it

Bla bla bla..... boooring!!! :smoke:

I wanna know whats going on behind the scenes.... who is sleeping with who, and who said Lisa from Support is a Bitch!

I want the real stories!!! :wise:

Yeah, we need drama and answers to the important questions.

Bla bla bla..... boooring!!! :smoke:

I wanna know whats going on behind the scenes.... who is sleeping with who, and who said Lisa from Support is a Bitch!

I want the real stories!!! :wise:
ROFL, EXACTLY, the real office politics from one who knows. Even, (heaven forfend!) the formula/method for loot distribution or returns versus TT spent.
Regards, Boo

I just spent an hour of my life listening to this "interview". I was glad I was shooting mobs simultaneously so I can say "spent" instead of "wasted".

Some observations:

There was a lot of classical American tap-dancing around the real topics, and the big herd of elephants in the room was carefully left in peace as usual.

Bates started out working for a company that provided gambling-style experience over browsers. He rushed to say it was not really gambling but it *was* the first thing he said when asked about his background. O, and he took 7 years to get his degree at UCLA, although I did not really understand if he actually got it eventually. Those were the days :)

Funny how Bates says that Swedes have communication problems, when a few minutes later, after a never-ending babble, he summarizes the answer to a totally non-critical question with "yes".
Pot, Kettle, black, blah blah.

At least Bates is aware and admit he's long winded, too bad the interviewers do nothing to channel him and get answers out to questions that really matter.

O, and Mindstar, next time you record an interview, make sure the construction workers close to your brandnew "studio" are on lunchbreak... the sawing noises on the background were extremely annoying and killed any sense of professionalism that was left.

Last edited:
So who is the player that is going to be interviewed? Really looking forward too it.

So who is the player that is going to be interviewed? Really looking forward too it.

The Who's Who individuals are never announced ahead of time, whether it's an "official" - a "player" - or a "society" ... I've always liked them to be a surprise, and in the 5 years that I've been doing them off and on, I've never let anyone know ahead of time.

However ... besides the specific "Who's Who" profiles ... the news staff at MSM will be doing a different type of player profile more frequently, which will be comprised of a short intro, and then everything else will be on podcast.

There are 3 more "Who's Who - Officials" interviews in the works as well. :)

lots of talk about 'virtual vegas' -- sure there's no gambling in EU, lol.

other topics...

Las Vegas Traffic...

'save the facebook app?'...

'people that can earn ped in other ways is really important to us...'

people are not ready to download stuff unless it's an app...

'Mindark is not clueless.." - nice little quote there, lol.

"I do not have anything concrete to say to you right now" about real world items in loot, but it's "something on my plate.."

"We are not the Los Angeles of Advertising..." -- another interesting little quote.

"With this thing with Sometrics - we are not making money on that..."

"something kinda lame - like the Mcdonald's ads..." -- Way to encourage former ad partners to come back, lol.

"lets come out of the closet with Entropia" .. another funny little quote.

"I don't think anybody is a dummy out there..."

"I don't think we have anything major to apologize for..."

"I think there's a really bright future for us..." -- where have we heard that before?

2008 expos only brought in a handful of players... uh, I think he's wrong on this one... It's just that they picked the 'wrong' expos to be at... and the wrong people to be there... There's at least one former society mate that I know of from my time before I was in the NBK that I think was a regular 'alt' user that was in some of that stuff, actually down in Vegas at the time... If they picked the right expos, I think they'd be having much better results since certain expos get HUGE amounts of coverage in the media. CES, the show for CONSUMER ELECTRONICS is NOT the right type of expo... something more like gamecon or comicon would be more suitable. A MMOPG is NOT a 'Consumer Electronic' device.

Would still like to request copies of these podcasts be in an itunes podcast format so it'll be easier to keep up with them in various handheld player type devices... then we can just 'subscribe' to the podcast instead of having to listen in browser.

Last edited:
Back