FYI: Formal protest against Motherships in auction

BlackHawk

Elite
Society
ROUA
Black Hawk Hawk
Again I am disappointed by this decision. MA claimed they make money from decay. They could have implemented a complex system of craft to make the motherships, and make them consume lots of components, resources, involve the entire economy in building the future space. Instead they decided to do it like this. The easy way for them. A missed chance for all participants in this universe.

I had high hopes that space will fuel the entire game at all levels. Looks like it will not be the case. Sad.

One things i was hoping for until yesterday was spacecrafts ( all kinds ), weypons, shields and everything else spacerelated could be done in a very complex crafting process and would bring heaps of new bps, give use for a lot of not used ( or not much used ) components. Give a boost to the demand of all kind of resources and so a lot of opportunities for participants on all levels and in all professions.

Seems our ideas how space could boost the economy were quite similiar - until the announcment yesterday.

Well i'm o.k. with giving a couple of UL ships out as event prize, but beside that i'm kinda disappointed they will be the new cashcows for MA since Landarea market start to see saturation to a certain degree.

Personally i belief the effects for the economy would be better when player can create them, AND gives better opportunities also for more participants in space.

Well to drain quick cash out of the system seems to be more important to MA :(

But they have come up with a fantastically, innovative and creative way of deciding how to hand out the first 3 motherships……

MA have also become land owners again….…

Space for sale at Christmas?

Mothership characteristics:
Engineering for various upgrades.
Gunner positions: 6 + 1 pilot.
Passenger Teleport: Planet to Mothership.
Passengers: Max 50 including crew.
Initial weapon type: Plasma cannons.
Revival faculties.

I don't see why the Motherships have to be crafted when they are more like a mobile customizable LAs in space :)
Their ability to be customized by engineering for various upgrades, weapons for them or tools to repair, is a way to involve entire economy.

Actually investing in the effort and time required to integrate the possibility to craft using the current crafting system and taking care of any balancing issues for an item which is in such a low quantity(this involves all 3 professions) would be a total waste of time imo. Better hand them over by the game developer and create an economy around them, which seems to be the model MA has chosen.

I don't see why the Motherships have to be crafted when they are more like a mobile customizable LAs in space :)
Their ability to be customized by engineering for various upgrades, weapons for them or tools to repair, is a way to involve entire economy.

Actually investing in the effort and time required to integrate the possibility to craft using the current crafting system and taking care of any balancing issues for an item which is in such a low quantity(this involves all 3 professions) would be a total waste of time imo. Better hand them over by the game developer and create an economy around them, which seems to be the model MA has chosen.

Yes balancing would not have been easier the other way, but is that a reason to go the easy route ?

:popcorn:

Also, wouldn't it be possible that MS can be crafted later? And all the other space components like weapons, shields, cloaks and zero-g toilets, too?

Yes balancing would not have been easier the other way, but is that a reason to go the easy route ?

It's not about easy or hard route here, but the effort vs reward required to craft a handful of objects.

The new Motherships are integrated in the economy by their customization possibility.

Who knows, maybe some L versions will also be crafted.

:popcorn:

Also, wouldn't it be possible that MS can be crafted later? And all the other space components like weapons, shields, cloaks and zero-g toilets, too?

OMG :drool: I would soooooooo love to have zero-g toilets, considering how much dung I have piled up in storage :eyecrazy:

Sign, i am not for this, the price will be huge. Most players will not be able to get to space, me being one. I just do not have the ped, well i am guessing the costs will be huge.

I have not even experience flying yet as the VTOL are to large of a cost right now.

Motherships may just be the start ;) Space HQ, Factories, etc

Who says that motherships at the beginning will be the start and end.

Maybe a bigger picture is planned for the future ;)
Who knows :) Maybe we can build ships in the future in space itself from crafted components. :wtg:

All your X-Wing Viper MK.II's belong to me :D

Cheers,
Viper

Again I am disappointed by this decision. MA claimed they make money from decay. They could have implemented a complex system of craft to make the motherships, and make them consume lots of components, resources, involve the entire economy in building the future space.

Well, other space vehicles will be crafted, as will be mothership upgrades. Its not as if it all will be just "buy from MA/PP".

I totally agree with the OP!

I think the number of such ships will not be small.
Engineering for various upgrades.
Gunner positions: 6 + 1 pilot.
Passenger Teleport: Planet to Mothership.
Passengers: Max 50 including crew.
Initial weapon type: Plasma cannons.
Revival faculties.

That makes it around 60 people.
They want to put the accent on space. So they will want lots of people in space. At all levels of skills. On all planets.
That means that we can expect that they want most people that global on tracker - if not more - to be in space. That would be a minimum of 3-4k people.
That means a minimum of 60 ships, if they want the product to be rare. Up to maybe 10 times that if they want it to be relatively accessible for most people. I would count on the number of ships to be somewhere above 200. Released over time, ofc. So that would justify having that crafted.

Simple: PVP space, name your price to hold the deed, and dare/invite the participants to attend...

MA have also become land owners again….…

Exactly my thougts. Was'nt MA "Platform Development" only? Now, with space, they are running parts of the universe themselve again and competing with the Planet Partners, it looks like.

At least the preview featured (L) motherships:

mothership_l.jpg

So maybe they can be crafted or looted in the future…

maybe wait till you have facts :) all this jumping the gun crap in these forums is getting old.

MA claimed they make money from decay.

MA makes money from the difference between deposits and withdrawals each month. Marco CLAIMED they make money from decay, but I've pointed out in the past how this statement cannot be true. All decay does is reduce the amount of peds in circulation, which, provided players stick around to play, will create a need to deposit.

Introducing these ships on the auction and having the corresponding peds go to MA is a pure cash grab. People will likely need to deposit to buy these ships, and since the peds evaporate after the purchase, there is no chance those deposited peds will be withdrawn. Deposits go up, withdrawals go down, and MA makes a nice profit...

People will likely need to deposit to buy these ships, and since the peds evaporate after the purchase, there is no chance those deposited peds will be withdrawn. Deposits go up, withdrawals go down, and MA makes a nice profit...

Except they get returned into the lootpool and end up as the next ATH and that's all Marco's statement is about. Too bad we'll never know if it is true or not but you as a player ain't able to prove or disprove anything.

MA makes money from the difference between deposits and withdrawals each month. Marco CLAIMED they make money from decay, but I've pointed out in the past how this statement cannot be true. All decay does is reduce the amount of peds in circulation, which, provided players stick around to play, will create a need to deposit.

Introducing these ships on the auction and having the corresponding peds go to MA is a pure cash grab. People will likely need to deposit to buy these ships, and since the peds evaporate after the purchase, there is no chance those deposited peds will be withdrawn. Deposits go up, withdrawals go down, and MA makes a nice profit...

Going off topic...
You're right but unfortunatelly Marco once said they made cash from decay.
Which doesn't mean they take all decay, or a portion of it, and if they take cash from something else.
If Marco still exists and says 2 + 2 = 5, tons of people will argue it. The "Marco said..." syndrom.

Back on topic, I agree with the OP: Motheships should not be put in Auction as any LA, nor be crafter, but in Mob's LOOT! (Thats the opinion of a hunter vs a crafter :laugh:).

maybe wait till you have facts :) all this jumping the gun crap in these forums is getting old.

It's not about the motherships, it's about how they are implementing them. No jumping the gun here we know how it is happening.

I think the number of such ships will not be small.

That makes it around 60 people.
They want to put the accent on space. So they will want lots of people in space. At all levels of skills. On all planets.
That means that we can expect that they want most people that global on tracker - if not more - to be in space. That would be a minimum of 3-4k people.
That means a minimum of 60 ships, if they want the product to be rare. Up to maybe 10 times that if they want it to be relatively accessible for most people. I would count on the number of ships to be somewhere above 200. Released over time, ofc. So that would justify having that crafted.

Does this mean the crew members will get paid so the mothership can be operated?

Now that would be something I would certainly enjoy :evilking:

It's not about the motherships, it's about how they are implementing them. No jumping the gun here we know how it is happening.

So perhaps these ships are unlimited and given as prizes to launch space then down the road bp's and parts will needed to be crafted to make the rest of the ships that the everyday player will utilize? So you all know that already? Cause i sure dont.

They even stated in a note: that THESE ships are unlimited and 1 person has posted an image of another mothership that was (L).

Personally my only grievience is rewarding people who get a huge hof with another freakin reward :) just raffle the damn things off.

They even stated in a note: that THESE ships are unlimited and 1 person has posted an image of another mothership that was (L).

Yep, and there will be several different types of ships later, right?

So this may just be the "first implementation" :dunno: hoping for the best! ;)

Personally my only grievience is rewarding people who get a huge hof with another freakin reward :) just raffle the damn things off.

My grievance is that it is an inanely boring way to launch space. No thought or imagination. It is a game and it is supposed to be sci-fi ish

Back