Question: genesis alpha station?

alexhoho

Young
Society
Freelancer
Swee Wax Droid
I went into a televator-like thing in port atlantis and i dropped into a snowy place called genesis alpha station. The mission is to get something killed but it didn't give me a weapon?
I want to go back now but how???:confused::confused::confused:

The place you entered is the new newbie experience (the newbies going there are given weapons in a place they visit earlier but that we do not get to go to) which can be visited by older players for a limited time since it is new.

If possible (and you want to), borrow a newbie weapon from some friend (or passerby) to finish the first mission and then to all the missions after it, you'll get a (L) buggy and some other things while doing it :)

The only way to exit (afaik) is to go to the end of the quest chain in that place either bypassing the quests or doing them. Good luck!

(I'd come help myself but busy atm, sry!)

I went into a televator-like thing in port atlantis and i dropped into a snowy place called genesis alpha station. The mission is to get something killed but it didn't give me a weapon?

What's the name of your avatar?

Avatar name would be handy as i was there looking for him to.

there's a tt terminal in the building at the lower right side of the map... about two tp jumps over if you are using level I chip... buy an opalo there.

I manually activated the quest that gives you the weapon for you, you were logged out in the process so please log back in.

Thank you

I manually activated the quest that gives you the weapon for you, you were logged out in the process so please log back in.

I just thought it was a connection problem. But thank you

I entered the newbie area today, was surprised not to get any weapon before having to kill those baby chompers. Thankfully I'm not a newb and got tons of weapons in inventory. The area looks pretty cool and was fun! :cool:

Hi Kim, Is there a way for older players to go back to the newcomer area and help out newcomers ?
The gateway area ? Or is this only for newcomers ?

Thanks,
Viper

I entered the newbie area today, was surprised not to get any weapon before having to kill those baby chompers. Thankfully I'm not a newb and got tons of weapons in inventory. The area looks pretty cool and was fun! :cool:

Kim has said:
2) The new players receive a handgun in a cave that is placed between the startroom and the gateway, this cave is only accessible to new players.

Hi Kim, Is there a way for older players to go back to the newcomer area and help out newcomers ?
The gateway area ? Or is this only for newcomers ?

Thanks,
Viper

Kim has said:
If you want to get to Thule with an old avatar you need to click the televator I placed in the PA marina called "Calypso Gateway"...

Thanks Serica, missed that :)

+repaz0rz.

I vote Serica for presi .... forum moderator, she knows her stuff :)

That televator is badly placed; it looks like something you should interact with. At the other end of the journey there's a sleipnir with an NPC who asks you to confirm that you want to go to PA. Would be good if they had it going the other way; I've Gateway twice on foot having investigated the funky blue thing on the quay and been dumped back at Gen Alpha.

And my valk was sitting in storage on Calypso both times, as well. *Sigh*.

Just to be 100% certain, if I go back to PA can I return to the newcomer area a second time to complete all the quests?

When will the area be closed to non-newcomers?

Any detailed info on quest order/description as there was on the old Gateway?

Just to be 100% certain, if I go back to PA can I return to the newcomer area a second time to complete all the quests?

You can return (you may possible have to relog for the getaway televator to work again for you) but can't repeat the quests. All quests have good descriptions, and the order you'll hardly mess up - it's just a one big chain :)

you can return as many times as you want until the "preview" period ends and they remove that ability.
after completing the quests i explored the area extensively and even got my first ever mining hof via several return trips.
sometimes i went and realized i forgot needed equipment on calypso and had to go back and get them.

You can return (you may possible have to relog for the getaway televator to work again for you) but can't repeat the quests. All quests have good descriptions, and the order you'll hardly mess up - it's just a one big chain :)

Thanks, just to be sure, does this mean...

A) You can return to the Gateway a second (or third, etc.) time, but cannot do any quests on your second trip, even if you did not complete them the first time.

or

B) You can return to the Gateway a second (or third, etc.) time and complete the quests then, but simply cannot start an individual quest a second time if you have already completed it.

? Pretty sure it's B) just making sure cause I have an event on Calypso I need to host when I next log in. :)

Finally, when Kim says "I manually activated the quest that gives you the weapon for you, you were logged out in the process so please log back in," is this a separate mission that non-newcomers can only add to the mission log via Kim's intervention, or part of the main, non-newcomer chain?

Thanks in advance. :)

you can return as many times as you want until the "preview" period ends and they remove that ability.
after completing the quests i explored the area extensively and even got my first ever mining hof via several return trips.
sometimes i went and realized i forgot needed equipment on calypso and had to go back and get them.

:yay: Big gratz on the HOF. Sounds like there's lots of exploring to do.

B) You can return to the Gateway a second (or third, etc.) time and complete the quests then, but simply cannot start an individual quest a second time if you have already completed it.

? Pretty sure it's B) just making sure cause I have an event on Calypso I need to host when I next log in. :)
yep, it's B) :).
Those aren't individual quests, it's a storyline where you have to finish the previous quest to get the next one.

Finally, when Kim says "I manually activated the quest that gives you the weapon for you, you were logged out in the process so please log back in," is this a separate mission that non-newcomers can only add to the mission log via Kim's intervention, or part of the main, non-newcomer chain?

Thanks in advance. :)

There is some cave that isn't accessible for us, old players, we spawn in the gateway at the point past it. But newcomers start in that cave and get their weapons there. That guy is a newcomers but somehow he didn't get the weapon in the cave so Kim activated it manually. You don't need it, just take a gun with you to the gateway (there are trade terminals but not at the first areas).

All are on Entropedia. Filter for mission chain = 'Tutorial Chain'.

The reward values remain unknown until we have a brand new player reporting the change in skill value - possibly only a few points as none made any discernable difference to my skill-bars.

I've managed to get stuck here too.... can someone lend me a gun?? :)

Dave (Yording Tellik)

I've managed to get stuck here too.... can someone lend me a gun?? :)

Dave (Yording Tellik)

Hike down the road til you get to Camp Amundsen (its not far). There's a TT there where you can buy a gun, then go back to the start point and start the missions.

for now, yes... I'm on my third trip there.

Eventually, MA will make it so you can't go back...Hopefully they will have solution for the storage issue when they do that.

Honestly, I HOPE THEY NEVER TURN IT OFF TO OLD-TIMERS! I love this place!

It's the best place in game to skill low end stuff like the viper whips except the puny missions and the puny missions get very old very fast. If they'd add these baby mobs to normal Calypso around PA and add iron missions that are repeatable for all of them, it'd be awesome... but honestly, I love the artic look of the environment up here vs PA and swamp camp... those get old after a few thousand puny kills.

Most of the missions are actually on the roads except the one involving the falls... Most of the mobs in Thule are further south so the old timers going there to hunt like me actually don't see many green dots even though they are there in some places.

If you come up, stay on the road. It leads you to the Twins eventually, which is a big gap in the circle of mountains on the southern side of map. If you don't go that path and didn't bring something to heal yourself with, expect to die a time or three due to falling off of cliffs.

I get a kick out of these highland ambulimax and longtooth, lol.

Distance from the entry point to the place you go back to PA is probably about distance from marina tp at PA to north swamp camp roughly.

You can see last city since it has big tp line going to sky that you can see from long ways away. Be careful if you hit T since there's at least 3 or 4 or more revives... and it can put you where you don't want to be if you are not careful... not much trouble, just a pain to have to hike back around the mountains since some of them are difficult (but not impossible) to climb.

There's a cave that MA put in near the twins on accident I think. no mobs in there.

Be careful with tp chips too... otherwise you might end up in endless ocean under the map that you can't get out of without hitting t

The guns you get in the crafting mission have some weird stats, but you don't get to keep them if you finish the mission. Kind of wish I'd kept one. I might be willing to buy one or a few from someone at tt+1 each just to have them around for the apartments or something.

One thing I find kind of odd... it seems like the kiwio isn't in the tt up here, but isn't that suppossed to be the starter gun? Same goes for the ammo the mobs carry... it's the type that opalo uses.

On my last trip up I brought my herb box, opalos (one has a101 and the other uses the amps I loot up here), and my trusty labrys axe. Basically plan to camp here for now.

Last edited:
One thing I find kind of odd... it seems like the kiwio isn't in the tt up here, but isn't that suppossed to be the starter gun? Same goes for the ammo the mobs carry... it's the type that opalo uses.

I think the idea is that either older players who hunt there for a while, or beginners who manage to get more ammo, eventually will loot some Rubio/Azuro which uses normal ammo.

Maybe it would simplify things a bit if the kiwio used normal ammo instead of rookie ammo. (A problem with the implementation of kiwio & co is that it's not sold in all trade terminals on Calypso.)

eventually will loot some Rubio/Azuro which uses normal ammo.

Talking of which, did anyone ever looted any of those using non-tt weapons? I killed thousands of punies (I'm determined to finish that puny challenge :D) using opalo-sga and nanochips and haven't looted any azuro/rubio/proton/lancehead/etc, but after I've got myself a cap-99r (arkadian tt pistol, has more dps and eco with A101 than both opalos and most of other noob guns) I loot those in great amounts.

Talking of which, did anyone ever looted any of those using non-tt weapons? I killed thousands of punies (I'm determined to finish that puny challenge :D) using opalo-sga and nanochips and haven't looted any azuro/rubio/proton/lancehead/etc, but after I've got myself a cap-99r (arkadian tt pistol, has more dps and eco with A101 than both opalos and most of other noob guns) I loot those in great amounts.
My guess is they adjusted the loot somehow to make them loot more. I used to not see many of them in loot either, but now am seeing them quite a bit. I'm using the viper whip about 85% of the time, which is definintely not a TT weapon. For the most part I'll whip things til my health is down to 20% or less and then use the looted ammo to kill a few things til health goes back up if I don't feel like fapping.

Back