News: Genesis introduces new Mining Gear!

ROFL !! hehe thats indeed kinda look alike ....similiar to Miner Armor :D

Sorry still not impressed with the location of Genesis Star HQ. Should have been at Genesis HQ TP. Looks completely out of place at Twin :rolleyes:

yeah and they killed one of my favourite spawns with that damn building :(

oh well, we get special miner armor, which is pretty cool :D

Now here is a list of up and coming (yeah right) armors:
1) Special Sweater Armor (with protection stats fixed to be effective against daikiba, exarosaur, combibo, snablesnot and ambu).
2) Special Crafter Armor (without protection).
3) Special Chirpy Hunter Armor (same as above, but decays when you hit a chirpy).
4) Special Colorers/Texturers armor (also without protection, but with a cool mix of paint stains on)

:D

Wow! This looks so awesome! Can't wait to get one of those. Wonder why there was no announcement about the opening... :scratch2:

i aint read through all the posts but the armour for a limited time? this means if a miner wants the armour they will haveto pay through the skin of thier teeth to get it...

gl miners on getting this nice looking armour at a decent mu

Wow! This looks so awesome! Can't wait to get one of those. Wonder why there was no announcement about the opening... :scratch2:

They did announce the opening of the building they said they would hand out the log collection rewards on the opening of the new genesis building on the 4th it was on the login screen at 1 point.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
EBN: CDF looking for files - UPDATED

In a press release, CDF announced that they are looking for Dr Almon Duchev’s files. In order to make a proper analysis, they need both the known 14 files and the five new one CDF believes are circulating. In return for the files, CDF will give away some test samples from the exobiological research division.

Anyone that turns in a complete file set of the old Duchev file (files #1 to #14, covering log entries 10328 to 10356) will be awarded an Ach-O Torment’s Tainted Whip (Limited).

In addition, those that turn in a complete set of all Duchev files, both old and new ones (i.e. files #1 to #19), will get a special prize - a set of Jaguar foot guards (Unlimited) as well as an Ach-O Torment’s Tainted Whip (Limited).

These rewards will be given away in a special ceremony in the Genesis Star Tower in Twin Peaks, on Wednesday March 4th, 18:00 UTC. After the ceremony, this offer is closed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Good job, i think i like where this is going.

Last edited:
hmm...

has anyone tried mining inside of the new building yet? Wonder if maybe they didn't hide something under the ground there?

Honestly if your making a miner armor why not make it PVP4 camouflaged, maybe mountain terrain textures? And who needs all that protection? I would like to see a unlimited armor that is horrible decay say 50 pecs a shot or a ped a shot breaks in 3 to 5 shots but has crazy amounts of burn, penetration, shrapnel protection etc. An armor that would let you get out of pvp4 safely, but would suck really badly for general hunting. Oh and it should weigh next to nothing. Also you could say it has all that protection cause of some sort of energy field that surrounds it that is why it decays so fast, but also then you could say that any weapon fired from within the energy field disrupts its protection instantly so it would make the armor horrible if you want to use it for killing players.

That would truly be a miners armor.

One more note: with the energy field idea, instead of camoflauge texture why not go a cloaking tech route as well. And for decay you can make it so it slowly decays while being worn as well so just wearing it decays it.

The reason why I think they call it a mining armor, is really simple.

In hunting, you often either have several types of armor sets with different types of protection, or you use plates with a certain type of protection.. or both. And then you go hunt in a specific area which you armored up for beforehand and you usually stay there.

In mining you run around at a large area, running into lots of different damage type mobs. And with the set you're protected against all of them. You dont need to stop and change armor. And you certainly dont need to invest in different armor sets if mining is what you're really into doing.

Concidering it being a miners armor and not used in combat unless defending the claim and clearing away mobs in the path, then it will probably last a while too, even for (L) armor.

That being said Ive seen some people complain about the price of the armor before its even released :dunno: Some (L) armor is really cheap for very nice protection, so dont jump to conclutions folks :)

Bah I said simple and yet I wrote so much text.
Ignore me. Im really sleepy. I might be talking gibberish. I dont dare to read through it to check if thats the case.

But yea, I really think they should lower the weight of it :scratch2:

I appreciate there is something for minners. Good for start.
But, this armor is ...ehm...bad idea. Its Weight and its colors make it useless. I cant imagine minner running with this in pvp :laugh:, fine shiny target :D

I awaited some special amps(ok, not uL for finders), maybe drilling amps whatever. MA crew should realize if someone decide to be minner he/she probably dont see in missing "miner" armor the biggest problem here.

EDIT:
My idea of miner armor is some light armor, with neutral colors (this is really hard to tell what is neutral here) offering basic(but low) protection against shrapnel and penetration, which can be plated with plates miners want or what he can afford and with this parametres should be good to use in PvP.
I dont see any reason to make some overall protection for wide use of miners armor, because there is lot of armors on the market and everyone can easy choose what he/she needs.

Last edited:
Well my PED card is all dusted off and waiting for the release of the Anti-NRF Finder. I intend to corner the market on these..

In addition, a former employee of the Ziplex company let it slip to the Hadesheim Herald that they were about to manufacture a new line of excavators and extractors. It is possible, though unlikely, this would jeopardize Genesis Star's Trade Terminal deal with the Federal Empire.
It seems like we could interpret this to mean that the removal of basic mining equipment from the Trade Terminal is coming. The new BPs will probably be for (L) mining equipment. I think I'll buy a few more TT mining tools as collector's items.

I mine a little, and wouldn't have much hope of getting anything out of it because of that, but it would be awfully cool to see a mining event where hunters and crafters had the same (low) chance as miners had in the other MA run events to date...fair it would seem.

Miners seem to always be left out of anything special but don't need to be. Finding items and BPs in claims has happened before and should do more often ..like now when the items are aimed at them in the main, otherwise all they win is the chance to pay MU on decent gear, they have that option already.

Good to see some thought going the miners way, hope the ice goodies do too. ;)

t

Armor for miners?
Come on.

In other, more interesting news: Just fix the crafting system instead. I am a dedicated crafter in every game I play - except this one. Why? Because the crafting system in this game is not a crafting system, it's a slot machine presented as a component of a virtual reality game. Give me a break, it even locks all activity for an arbitrary period of time each time we click the button. How does that discourage use of clickers?

If MindArk would offer a crafting system with appeal to the Builder psychology rather than the Gambler psychology, they could harvest a whole additional field of bounty from builder types like myself. Forget these clicker-loving online slot machines, give me recipes! components! formulas! tech trees! maybe even a challenge to the player's technical skill, maybe something along the lines of variables unique or semi-unique to each recipe, where quality of the product depends on the crafter's ability at choosing the parameters for the machine to work from? Or synthesis by approximation, where two different items can be fuzzy-mindedly mashed together with a chance of unexpectedly producing a cool mishmashed result? Give me a way to have fun and I will pump peds into it. But pumping peds into the existing generic crafting machines and pulling the handle is giving me a headache and sending me back to hunting, mining, even sweating just to break the monotony of this so called "crafting".

Mining? It's fine the way it is. Nothing wrong with selling glamorous apparel to us Miners, I do like to keep my avatar looking pretty, but... remind me again, what does armor have to do with mining?

Lefty's paltry :twocents:

The ores have a higher regeneration rate and therefor rocks will be flying all over the place. This armor gives excellent protection against it. The loot of the ores have also been adjusted to reflect the changes made :rolleyes:

The ores have a higher regeneration rate and therefor rocks will be flying all over the place. This armor gives excellent protection against it. The loot of the ores have also been adjusted to reflect the changes made :rolleyes:

aaaaah the orb....errr....egg :silly2:

Told you all, post 7 is a complainer...sigh.....thanks to noodles for reminding me :D

:) awesome article :) and GO MA GO

Armor for miners?
Come on.

Mining? It's fine the way it is. Nothing wrong with selling glamorous apparel to us Miners, I do like to keep my avatar looking pretty, but... remind me again, what does armor have to do with mining?

Lefty's paltry :twocents:

:wtg:

Great more armors.....

Dont take me wrong but....whit that stats, even if they cool....i can kill almost everything when i mine in pixie+5b.....ok ok ....not everything....but its way cheap and its NO L!
Also, for big stuff....i have my set of nemesis + 5b....ok ok .....most of you are not impressed....i accept that....

Oh, but the great thing, is, that i mine whitout armor on cnd :eek: :laugh:

So.....why do I need that? Im miner, and usualy, in my personaly experience, if u mine and hunt u will lose more then u already lose in one profession....killing for a dedicated miner is only made in last resource or for rich people that like to do both.

I dont find more depos whit a new armor, i dont get more globals whit a new armor, i dont ATH whit a new armor...or do (will) I?:scratch2:

But if i can use really, really, really efficient tools to find more stuff and maybe just maybe increase my chance of hiting more stuff that will be most welcomed....

Sorry all for my negative critic, but a armor "made" for miners is pure :bs:

Yeah it looks cool...still think supremacy or shadow is more cool....:silly2:

Btw, Skam, +rep for as always, a very good written journalist report.:thumbup:

Ok...now...let the flames and -reps rain. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Lol

Jay more armor that weighs a ton.....super...:wtg:

Nothing is for sale yet.

So, we can all reserve judgement till then.

It may be next week, it may be never.

Good work Skam:)

Jiihaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:)

MINING RULES:) Nice report master Skam:)

*its like the day before cristmas, waiting for the event*

zyyk

Anyone know when the new armour is going to be released into the loot pool??

Imho this armor will allow miners to glow like red-gray-yellow neon ads in lootable.. choice of colors is just screaming.. it could use 20-30 more burn/pene in stats as well:) Cant see it having any advantage over Jaguar(L) as its stats are now..

Anyone know when this event is supposed to start? Is there any info at all?

Thanks,

J

Back