Handicapping WoF

Centech

Elite
Society
BAHQ4LIFE!!!
Jason Centech Tanner
Had a little fun.. Using a secret formula of my own derivation I set the opening day odds on winning WoF. Although I think there is some merit in my numbers please don't anyone take anything personal, it's all in fun.

Team Sweden: 3 to 1
Team America: 5 to 1
Team Tibet: 11 to 1
Team France: 11 to 1
Team England: 11 to 1
Team Romania: 17 to 1
Team Belgium: 20 to 1
Team Finland: 20 to 1
Team Denmark: 25 to 1
Team NL: 25 to 1
Team Cuba: 30 to 1
Team Norway: 33 to 1
Team Germany: 33 to 1
Team Scotland: 50 to 1
Team Turkey: 50 to 1
Team Australia: 50 to 1
Team Ireland: 50 to 1
Team Wales: 50 to 1
Team Swz: 75 to 1
Team Canada: 75 to 1
Team Amethera: 75 to 1
Team Estonia: 75 to 1
Team Portugal: 75 to 1
Team Eudoria: 100 to 1
Team Serbia: 100 to 1
Team Austria: 100 to 1
Team SAfrca: 100 to 1
Team CZ: 100 to 1
Team Greece: 100 to 1
Team Italy: 100 to 1
Team Poland: 100 to 1
Team Brazil: 100 to 1

Last edited:
Interesting...How did you come to 3:1 for Sweden and 5:1 for the US?

Interesting...How did you come to 3:1 for Sweden and 5:1 for the US?

Well my formula was very simple. Gear gave bonus points so to speak. I think at least 10 of sweden's 12 have MM or imk2 + mod or imp fap. This skewed the results highly in their favor.

Ill put 100 EFD on Team America..... ;)

1k EFD on sweden :wtg:

I think you're underestimating Team England :)

I can't bet against England but if I was going for a punt, on those odds I'd be looking at Denmark and Norway for an each way bet. You've given long odds on two strong teams there. It's so hard to judge though, there are so many good squads in the WoF this year.

Did you consider this when calculating the odds?

- Unique Terminator
- AMM
- AIMK2
- Foeripper
- Mod Teg
- Ability to go places we aren't welcome and kill things (Thanks GWB!)

Team America has all of these!

Love to be the underdog :laugh:

Good thing this is all for fun though... some might consider posting odds on the teams the first step to placing bets which might be against the gambling clause in the eula :rolleyes:

Why isn't Canada part of Team America? :scratch2:

Why isn't Canada part of Team America? :scratch2:

Because its a different country? :scratch2:

I think the odds are about right for England - we may not be favourites, but i think we are if for a shot.

The one thing i dont think you took into account is the support teams that are actually scoring this year. 10 MM on the sweden team is great, but a 60+ size support team is gonna get an arse load of points!!!

Reactions: Eps
also you should have taken global spam ability into account

some teams have ppl who global ALL the time regardless of MMs or IMK2 in team ;)

Are you going to use that Braveheart trick and show the mobs your big hairy arses?

lol yea that would work better than a decoy on mobs ;)

Are you going to use that Braveheart trick and show the mobs your big hairy arses?

I can just see team Ireland and team Scotland crossing paths...

Ireland: "God tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he's pretty sure you're fooked!"

(taken from Braveheart :))

ok I will take 50 to 1 on Australia......

We may not be the biggest we may not be the BEST but dont underestimate us we are dedicated...

We come from the lucky country and we wont give up without a fight EVER!!

Team Amethera is better than Team Eudoria! :yay:

:nana:

Europe is a continent, like America.

Last time I checked America was a continent, not a country.

Check again. Here are all of the continents in the world:
North America
Europe
South America
Antarctica
Asia
Australia
Africa

"America" is another way to say "The United States of America". That is why we are called "Americans", and Canadians and Mexicans are not (they are the other two countries located on the continent of North America). The name comes from when Christopher Columbus sailed across the ocean looking for India. He actually landed in America, which is why people still refer to Native Americans as "Indians". So, before they declared independence from England, the USA was just "America". After the Revolutionary War is when the name fully became "The United States of America".

Here is an excerpt from a website that details this:

"How America finally came to be considered a New and Distinct Continent. But even after America was named, the idea that it was a distinct and separate division of the globe was not generally accepted. Some thought that South America was a great island or southern continent (like Australia); but the majority believed, with Columbus, that it was simply an immense peninsula projecting from southeastern Asia. People, indeed, spoke of the "New World," but all that they usually meant by that expression was newly discovered lands."

Leading Facts of American History

Indeed. When saying 'Im american' I've never found anyone surprised I speak english, or asking if I like living in bolivia. o_0

Indeed. When saying 'Im american' I've never found anyone surprised I speak english, or asking if I like living in bolivia. o_0

I was shocked that there are people that consider anything other than the USA "America", but I guess it is understandable because I once didn't know the difference between "England" and "Great Britain".

Why would Iraqi's hold up signs that say "Death to America!" if Canada and Mexico never did anything to them? :scratch2:

*beats dead horse*

Hm... so we, Team Austria, are with a odd of 1:100 clearly underdogs... but don't forget, last year we were able to beat up USA (during the group round), and this year, we even look best ! ;)

Europe is a continent, like America.

Last time I checked America was a continent, not a country.

Its a fair point, technically America is a continent. Yes, some of us assume it means the USA, but not all of us.

I insist that America is now disqualified from the competition for submitting a continent rather than a country.

*see odds for England win drop to 3-1* :evilking:

Scotland's going for Boorum ATH..?!

Interesting points!

But I have to agree with Pinky, I insist Team America be disqualified and none of it's players allowed to enter in another team...

...ever again! :D

...now, did you know Sweden is actually a planet, not a country?

Its a fair point, technically America is a continent.

Yes, first they have to prove that they're not a continent, but in fact an in-continent. Else they can piss off.

Back