Question: Has tiering of UL items slowed a LOT?

Tiers

Since LT migration came.. i went from 5.7-6.0 on my gun in tier. I have 79 in tier rate and slow reload on that gun and specific tier.

I have gotten 3-4 tiers on armor, 3.x on these parts.. So very amazing i can get tier every week and u guys cant.

It has been like this for me last 9 months i have been playing.. Keep playing and may the tiers be with you! :wise::lolup:

Since LT migration came.. i went from 5.7-6.0 on my gun in tier. I have 79 in tier rate and slow reload on that gun and specific tier.

I have gotten 3-4 tiers on armor, 3.x on these parts.. So very amazing i can get tier every week and u guys cant.

It has been like this for me last 9 months i have been playing.. Keep playing and may the tiers be with you! :wise::lolup:

that is weird,cause i cycle around 5k ped daily and no new tiers since months on my cb24 (tier 5.8 now),and not on my ml35(tier 3.2)

btw xployd..do you use enhancers on your guns ?
cause i do last months so maybe using enhancers halts it

Last edited:
well over 65k cycled not a single move since 4.7... terrible... totally wrecked my will power to keep going ;)

How tiering used to work

This is how I think tiering worked when it first came out. I had tiered some guns under that system so have some experience of it and this idea is based on my results.

I'll explain this with an example. Say you had a gun with tier rates all at 100.
Say it cost 300 peds in ammo to tier it to one.
To tier this weapon to level 2 would then cost 2 times what it cost to tier level 1. 2x300 = 600. Hence would cost 600 peds of ammo usage to tier to level 2.
To tier this weapon to level 3 would cost 3 times what it cost the previous tier. 3x600 = 1800. Hence would cost 1800peds of ammo usage to get to tier 3.

So tier to next level was basically tier level multiplied by what it cost to tier in previous level.

Relationship between individual tier movements and total for a tier level
The movement between individual tier increments within a tier level is random but the total is predictable as mentioned above with example. So for example to tier a weapon from 0.0 to 0.9 individual tier increments e.g. movement from 0.0 to 0.1 is random. However since the total is predetermined and can be calculated you will find if one tier increment took considerably longer then the remaining tier increments would be faster. This has to be the case to meet the total requirement.

How tiering works now

The above about relationship between individual tier increments and total for a tier level I think still applies.

What seems to have changed is the formula for tiering up it is considerably harder now.

I tiered up a new weapon. These are my rough findings from it. Since I was changing setups and doing other experiments it's not very scientific i.e. a consistent set up was not used throughout hence that would have an effect on tiering. However I think it still gives us some measure of how it has changed.

This weapon had tier rate of 106 for tier one and 92 for tier 2. So similar tier rates with a 14 point difference.
To get to tier 1 took around 300 peds of ammo.
To get to tier 2 took around 2k peds of ammo. Hence considerably slower and more difficult now. However, someone would need to do more precise tests and using a more consistent setup to show the exact amount. Perhaps then we can work out the formula for total effort required at each tier level.

Why the difference? and changes
Simple before MA wanted us to risk items and loose them. Now since there is no risk it has to be adjusted to make it so that it would take years to get to tier 10.

well over 65k cycled not a single move since 4.7... terrible... totally wrecked my will power to keep going ;)

I feel you, my gun stuck at 4.5 for several months now, cycled ~30k and nothing...

How tiering used to work

This is how I think tiering worked when it first came out. I had tiered some guns under that system so have some experience of it and this idea is based on my results.

I'll explain this with an example. Say you had a gun with tier rates all at 100.
Say it cost 300 peds in ammo to tier it to one.
To tier this weapon to level 2 would then cost 2 times what it cost to tier level 1. 2x300 = 600. Hence would cost 600 peds of ammo usage to tier to level 2.
To tier this weapon to level 3 would cost 3 times what it cost the previous tier. 3x600 = 1800. Hence would cost 1800peds of ammo usage to get to tier 3.

So tier to next level was basically tier level multiplied by what it cost to tier in previous level.

Relationship between individual tier movements and total for a tier level
The movement between individual tier increments within a tier level is random but the total is predictable as mentioned above with example. So for example to tier a weapon from 0.0 to 0.9 individual tier increments e.g. movement from 0.0 to 0.1 is random. However since the total is predetermined and can be calculated you will find if one tier increment took considerably longer then the remaining tier increments would be faster. This has to be the case to meet the total requirement.

How tiering works now

The above about relationship between individual tier increments and total for a tier level I think still applies.

What seems to have changed is the formula for tiering up it is considerably harder now.

I tiered up a new weapon. These are my rough findings from it. Since I was changing setups and doing other experiments it's not very scientific i.e. a consistent set up was not used throughout hence that would have an effect on tiering. However I think it still gives us some measure of how it has changed.

This weapon had tier rate of 106 for tier one and 92 for tier 2. So similar tier rates with a 14 point difference.
To get to tier 1 took around 300 peds of ammo.
To get to tier 2 took around 2k peds of ammo. Hence considerably slower and more difficult now. However, someone would need to do more precise tests and using a more consistent setup to show the exact amount. Perhaps then we can work out the formula for total effort required at each tier level.
Why the difference? and changes
Simple before MA wanted us to risk items and loose them. Now since there is no risk it has to be adjusted to make it so that it would take years to get to tier 10.

well then in my eyes since its much harder to get to higher levels MA made higher tier stuff now worth more no?
consider time = money?
considering hunting sometimes isnt profitable = more cost?

problem is no one will pay more atm eh?

I wonder if the mob you're hunting has an impact on the tiering likelihood.

My two tier ups came whilst shooting Eomons, nothing since I've been shooting Longtooth. Prior to the migration and my mining spell before that, the last tier up was on Araneatrox and nothing on easier Iron mobs after that. So it seems to me possible that tougher mobs result in faster tiering.

My two tier ups came whilst shooting Eomons, nothing since I've been shooting Longtooth. Prior to the migration and my mining spell before that, the last tier up was on Araneatrox and nothing on easier Iron mobs after that. So it seems to me possible that tougher mobs result in faster tiering.

I have done a few sessions with the ADJM2722 I mentioned before on Neconu Youngs and Matures, basically some evade-fap testing thingy, dropped about 1,5k ammo into them. didn't move a point. Back to small Argos two points short after another moved after a few days, after about 1k ammo.

Short after the change I was up on CP with my SH and went through 2 full dante with no movement, on small Aurlis. Haven't used it then anymore up to now for some lil Longtooth hunting with Beast and it moved 1 point when shooting Dominant Elite.

Can say at least for those mobs I wouldn't agree that the moblevel has a definite impact on the tiering frequency.

last months ive done sumimas stalkers/big scips/eomons young to prowler..and for a LOT of ammo..not 1 point moved
i think i have started and completed trox bronze and sumima iron mission also in that time without a single move in points

OK, scratch that theory then :laugh:

I CAN HAZ PROGRESS BAR?

Like this?

progress_bar.gif

or maybe this..

images

still no move for me .....

I would like that too..

It would be nice to at least have a progress bar so that I could watch it not move :laugh:
Good one Mac..my shin guard tiered up last night on my armor..I would love to have seen a bar to tell me it moved. :laugh:

My little pea shooter imp ep-21 took seemingly forever to go from 3.2 to 3.3. It hit 3.4 just after starting the LT mission, I mostly only killed Exo elite to get the numbers for the missions, and it hit 3.5 just before I finished the 1k mission and was surprised that it did that.

I usually don't shoot stuff with this that require the added dps of the amp and enhancers, because without all that its cheap as hell to repair, but I was curious how much I could get it tiered up, so for those mobs I was using 105 amp and all three damage enhancers which gave me 42.7 dps or 3.042 dmg/pec according to the entropedia chart. I don't know if the enhancers and amp decay helped or just sheer number of rounds through it made it go what seemed faster between 3.4 and 3.5 but it leads me to believe it does matter.

My unl cb19 has moved only .2 running 3k ped of decay thru it, no idea how much amo that is, I've tried amp, no amp, enhancers, no enhancers, even with scopes and lasers. No diference that I noticed

:((

over 96k peds in decay cycled now no imrpovement...
this is getting silly

1400 peds moving from tier 2.6 to not 2.7 on tango.. seems to be stuck yes..

You guys think you have a problem! My Vivo T1 won't go from tier 1.1 to tier 1.2 through 5 repairs! Its insane!! :laugh::laugh:

j/k ofc, but it is getting very tiring. Do something MA!

im happy to report my ml35 went from 3.2 to 3.4 in 1 day after a month of no movement at all

Just an FYI for people, time is irrelevant in tiering. Someone may shoot for 30 mins a day, where as another shoots for 10 hours per day.

After a month, that is a massive difference.

The amount decayed is the only thing that matters

As for me, my OM105 has been stuck at 1.8 for what feels like a million repairs....stopped looking at it now

Rgds

Ace

put 3k peds more to the total reaching 100k and no movement :(

For me it finally broke loose (the last 3 +0.1 points a week apart on longtooth grinding), so now I just wait for an opportunity for the major step.

I got an SGA Extractor /ME5, T1.6 that hasn't been moving from tier 1.6 ever since I bought it. I think I pulled out some 20kped tt worth of ore with it.

still no move at all for me...
I bielive there is a bug for some item...

got this from suport today :

Thank you for your report. The Item Enhancement system is very complex and the time it takes to reach a new tier is dynamic. This means that the amount of uses between x.2 and x.3 do not have to be the same as between x.1 and x.2.

We have, however, forwarded your report to the design team for further investigation and we kindly ask you to keep an eye on the news section of our homepage for future information regarding this.

notice the dynamic word...

My armour tiers just fine.

This means that the amount of uses between x.2 and x.3 do not have to be the same as between x.1 and x.2 :silly2:

seems the tiering is fixed... back to tiering ur shit :)

Back