Prowler
Stalker

Loots

Vu 8.11

Animal muscle oil
Animal oil residue
Animal thyroid gland oil

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a Hiryuu skull and Paladin Shins M yesterday.

PS : The Hiryuu skull can not be put into the enmatter refiner. Has anyone ever tried this with a fully repaired one ? Maybe it will work then.

Loted yesterday paladin shins f :D

maybe someone finds this info useful:

Hiryuu cannot be hit with melee weapons that have 4 or 5 m range.
i have not tested if i can whip it. :)
(whips have 6 to 11 m range)

maybe someone finds this info useful:

Hiryuu cannot be hit with melee weapons that have 4 or 5 m range.
i have not tested if i can whip it. :)
(whips have 6 to 11 m range)

Yes, they can. They can not be hit when you use a quickbutton for a sword. Your avatar will pretent to be in a merry-go-round and look up at the Hiryuu. Manually attacking, clicking with the mousebutton on the Hiryuu, will result in a hit. Jumping will also helps.
This goes for all flying mobs you try to attack with swords.
You can even notice it with all other mobs. But they normally run into the range of the quickbutton attack. Big mobs can be a problem when you use swords.

:ninja::vampire::ninja:

Do these guys even aggro?They seem quite laid back as you run past, unless that has to do with their height above you.

Yes they surely can aggro. I think because they are flying mobs, their distance from the ground (or more specifically the difference between your altitude and their altitude) also comes into play - you can stand directly underneath a hiryuu that is flying high and nothing will come of it, but as soon as it is closer to the ground (when you are climbing a mountain for instance) it will attack - I guess the aggro circle on the radar is more likely s sphere and the mob attacks when you enter that sphere.

Yes they surely can aggro. I think because they are flying mobs, their distance from the ground (or more specifically the difference between your altitude and their altitude) also comes into play - you can stand directly underneath a hiryuu that is flying high and nothing will come of it, but as soon as it is closer to the ground (when you are climbing a mountain for instance) it will attack - I guess the aggro circle on the radar is more likely s sphere and the mob attacks when you enter that sphere.

Yeah that's right. If you get close to one that's flying low they will attack you. They are quite aggressive, but they usually found well outside of the radar circle range (only vertically instead of horizontally). Normal-ranged rifles/carbines like Opalo won't usually reach them. You can find them nearer in hilly areas, or if one has come down to the ground (e.g. because of someone shooting at it and then dying).

Heard a rumour that these guys have a chance of dropping Marber Echo's. Can anyone confirm that?

Heard a rumour that these guys have a chance of dropping Marber Echo's. Can anyone confirm that?

someone updated entropedia to this VU that one looted but i wouldn't believe that without a pic....

that said, there's no reason why they wouldn't drop them. Feffoid still drop the foxtrot

Looking for a few high maturities. :sniper:

NW New Sweden area i believe i have seen up to alpha

Anyone know good location of (preferably) low maturity Hiryuu to complete the Troy Iron Man mission.

I killed a few around there, but there was a real mixed bunch of Foul, Atrox, Bery, Daik etc and so didnt get many nailed. Also they are quite hard to spot with all the tree cover.

TIA! :)

There are a good amount SE of billies, but they are mixed in with troxies, molisks and warriors. Or at least they were there the last time i was there.

Anyone know good location of (preferably) low maturity Hiryuu to complete the Troy Iron Man mission.

I killed a few around there, but there was a real mixed bunch of Foul, Atrox, Bery, Daik etc and so didnt get many nailed. Also they are quite hard to spot with all the tree cover.

TIA! :)

If you stay to the west of the outpost and stick around the mountain there are only Hiryuu. Too far south and you get Bery and Atrox. Too far north and you get Snarg. In between, only Hiryuu :)

PvP4 eastern edge!

If you stay to the west of the outpost and stick around the mountain there are only Hiryuu. Too far south and you get Bery and Atrox. Too far north and you get Snarg. In between, only Hiryuu :)

Thanks for everyone's replies, I decided to try once again around the mission broker guy, and following Oleg's advice sticking to the West, I found them.

It wasnt' a very thick spawn - certainly not enough for 3+ green dots but after an hour and a half I completed the 100 I needed for +1 agility.

Was getting a lot of 'no loots' but then:

and:

happened.

Oh one last thing, due to their altitude, some aren't even reachable with my A&P Brave ME (74.5m) so suggest buying or borrowing a Marber to speed hunting up on these. :)

+rep

Thanks for the helpful info :)

Oh one last thing, due to their altitude, some aren't even reachable with my A&P Brave ME (74.5m) so suggest buying or borrowing a Marber to speed hunting up on these. :)

I've been using the Rocket Launcher I got for the Merps/Molisks to tag the Hiryuu with ;)

I must have been at the wrong outpost or the wrong mountain. I could only find Hiryuu mixed with Tripudion and Allo. Further north i ran into the Proteron, currently having a look to the south. But i have the feeling i should check a different spot.

Do you have approximate coords for the area?

I must have been at the wrong outpost or the wrong mountain. I could only find Hiryuu mixed with Tripudion and Allo. Further north i ran into the Proteron, currently having a look to the south. But i have the feeling i should check a different spot.

I killed 16,600 Hiryuu in the red circle. :)

Yes that must be the wrong outpost, I meant the place Mega marked on his map.

Thanks for directions, i will head over there then ;)

I was West of another outpost. :D

I had to do it with a marber, which wasn't maxed....

Glad to have finished it.

Last edited:
Anyone know of an area with 90% young/mature without a lot of other crap mobs around yet? (if I hunt hiryuu I want to kill them not daikiba/exa or trox ffs)

and willing to let me know please, only have 15k left so pm me if you dont want everyone to know please

Nope, only place I know of that is hiryuu only has young to alpha, with mature, old and provider being the majority. It is not hard just to hunt the young and mature, but it would take a long time. The spawn is not dense.

I had such a spawn I'm asking about before but now that LA is full of neconus so it makes it impossible to hunt hiryuu. While it before the stupid neconu DNAs only had few exa/trilo and chompers except hiryuu young/mature, so was easy to hunt hiryuus and kill a few trilos you didn't notice while running between chompers each run.

I had such a spawn I'm asking about before but now that LA is full of neconus so it makes it impossible to hunt hiryuu. While it before the stupid neconu DNAs only had few exa/trilo and chompers except hiryuu young/mature, so was easy to hunt hiryuus and kill a few trilos you didn't notice while running between chompers each run.

It's all part of an ongoing project to fill every single LA on Amethera with Neconu. MA and land owners have been working on this for the last 3 years. You should be more grateful for their efforts :wise:

(Disclaimer for the inevitable idiots: this is a joke)

New, awesome look for Hiryuu :)

Status
Back