hmm my make-up mask is tarded :(

mackbrich

Old Alpha
Society
PE Addicts
asshole scavangus
I bought a make-up mask because I wanted to get that hot shemale look u know.. I applied some lipstick and eyeshadow and when I pressed the "accept" button to put the mask on or finish it or whatever happens, it just kept loading. I waited 15-20 mins :) Couldnt exit PE the normal way cuz the "Loading.. Please wait" window was covering the exit pop up.

So I had to exit the ctrl+alt+del way. Now I can't do anything with the mask. I can't put it on. I cant put it in the make-up window, it says "only unused masks can be placed here". Hmm I cant do shit with this mask now. TT is still full.

Edit: I should add. My lipstick & eyeshadow is gone and the mask looks like its done but when I try to put it on it says its empty..

Anyone had this problem?

Last edited:
this just sounds like supportcase no one is going to fix it here m8..

From the beauty guide Beauty Guide

Other Important Notes about Make Up
In order to avoid problems when uploading your completed make up mask, it is very important that your security settings allow the procedure and that port 30583 (TCP Outbound) is opened in your firewall/router. If the upload fails, no upload costs will be charged, but the materials will be consumed i.e. the Materials Value will be transferred to your account and the materials cannot be retrieved.

i heard there is a bug where, if you alt-tab.. or in this case alt-ctrl-del.. the make-up mask will fuck up..
dont think it's fixable yet.. just sit tight and wait for next mini update

From the beauty guide Beauty Guide

Other Important Notes about Make Up
In order to avoid problems when uploading your completed make up mask, it is very important that your security settings allow the procedure and that port 30583 (TCP Outbound) is opened in your firewall/router. If the upload fails, no upload costs will be charged, but the materials will be consumed i.e. the Materials Value will be transferred to your account and the materials cannot be retrieved.

ah k interesting, thx

another interesting thing...

I had the same problem, also after adding the IP to the DMZ in the router, opening the ports in firewall etc.
I found I had to turn off firewall before opening EU to make make-up uploading work.

HOWEVER what makes this a support case matter is that you have had your mask ruined. If it was just your port beeing the problem then the upload shouldnt have happened at all. The make-up would be gone (the TT of the make-up transferred to your account) but the mask would still have been able to be used.

Lorkciee said:
i heard there is a bug where, if you alt-tab.. or in this case alt-ctrl-del.. the make-up mask will fuck up..
dont think it's fixable yet.. just sit tight and wait for next mini update

This is true, do NOT alt-tab while doing make-up. If you see that you have gotten a "metal-face" or black face while beeing done make-up on, restart the process.

However when me and Kitten experienced this bug the uploading process didnt get stuck on ´please wait´. So I think this is another bug of some sorts...

another interesting thing...

I had the same problem, also after adding the IP to the DMZ in the router, opening the ports in firewall etc.
I found I had to turn off firewall before opening EU to make make-up uploading work.

HOWEVER what makes this a support case matter is that you have had your mask ruined. If it was just your port beeing the problem then the upload shouldnt have happened at all. The make-up would be gone (the TT of the make-up transferred to your account) but the mask would still have been able to be used.

Ok was this recently? or have u tried with firewall on & port opened again after this?

Ofc I sent supportcase yday, just wanted to see if there was a quicker solution to be found here :)

Last edited:
Ok was this recently? or have u tried with firewall on & port opened again after this?

Ofc I sent supportcase yday, just wanted to see if there was a quicker solution to be found here :)

Yes this was recently, a couple of weeks ago at most?

I have tried and succeeded, I opened the ports in router (added ip to dmz) and turned off windows firewall before launching EU. (opening ports in windows firewall didnt seem to be enough for some reason, had to turn it off all together :scratch: ) Today I dont have any problems uploading, I just had to figure out (with good help) how to connect properly.

After I found my solution Ive had nothing but successful opploads, exept for one upload where we got struck by the alt-tabbing bug mentioned earlier.

However when I used to have this problem, and the problem was 100% on my side, the masks wasnt ruined. In your case the masks seems to be ruined and that seems to me like its a problem from MA´s side aswell.

:hug: gotta luv ya:silly2:

Best of luck Mack!! Can't wait to see the new "Modified" Papa ;)

Opened port 30583 (TCP Outbound) and disabled the firewall but it didnt work. Waited 20 mins or something. How long is it supposed to take?

While I was waiting people came by and they could see my mask. Does this means its kinda semi-uploaded?

Had to exit by pressing ctrl+alt+del again... Cant do anything with the mask except tt it.

Got a response from support btw.

"Hi,

Thank you for reporting. There is a risk when using the make up system. If the upload fails due to technical reasons, there is unfortunately nothing the Entropia Support Dept. can do to help you. The reason for this is that we cannot verify the cause of the failure. It can be client related; connected to your security settings (firewall/router) or the Internet connection. Please note that you will not have to pay the costs for a failed upload. However, the material is consumed and cannot be refunded.

Kind Regards,
Entropia Support
"

Mack!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hug: Sorry to see that you are still having issues with your mask:(
Hopefully things can be resloved in a timely manner...

Opened port 30583 (TCP Outbound) and disabled the firewall but it didnt work. Waited 20 mins or something. How long is it supposed to take?

While I was waiting people came by and they could see my mask. Does this means its kinda semi-uploaded?

Had to exit by pressing ctrl+alt+del again... Cant do anything with the mask except tt it.

Got a response from support btw.

"Hi,

Thank you for reporting. There is a risk when using the make up system. If the upload fails due to technical reasons, there is unfortunately nothing the Entropia Support Dept. can do to help you. The reason for this is that we cannot verify the cause of the failure. It can be client related; connected to your security settings (firewall/router) or the Internet connection. Please note that you will not have to pay the costs for a failed upload. However, the material is consumed and cannot be refunded.

Kind Regards,
Entropia Support
"

haha.. i'm sure this post, this support reply and this thread do much to help the community embrace the new make-up system..

lol

thats a bit like saying: "Yeah our system might break. it might fuck up. it might go haywire. you might loose hundreds of ped in make-up. but we're not even going to look into it if it fails.. sorry.. best of luck... we figure if it breaks we'll just blame it on the client and wash our hands of it".

Last edited:
Yes I agree. I was very surprised. They could give some advice and I think its fair that they replace the mask with a useable one...

i'll not be spending any of my ped on masks anytime soon if thats the type of support you get for testing them out... lol

me and zunami have same problem whit the mask.

i made suportcase , and MA told me to make that thing whit the port adress.

i was happy to get 2 new mask back from MA, and they got me 2 medium mask back. so we hade the los of markup of the make up colors back. Our mask was smale befor.;)

mackbrich, I think they should at least replace your mask so you have a usable mask again!

Especially when Trance got her masks replaced! It is ridiculous that some people get help and some dont :eek:

ImHo even lost markup due to uploading problems should be returned, no matter WHY it failed they can see in their logs what makeup you had and could give it back to you, that would be a piece of cake for them to do!

me and zunami have same problem whit the mask.

i made suportcase , and MA told me to make that thing whit the port adress.

i was happy to get 2 new mask back from MA, and they got me 2 medium mask back. so we hade the los of markup of the make up colors back. Our mask was smale befor.;)

When did u make your supportcase?

That bug ... again a bug that MA didn't assume .... :mad:

Maybe its a difference of depositing value :(
some persons are most "important" than other who depo less :laugh:

Wait and see if MA change this "politic"

i think first supportcase i was doing at 12. january, last today, about the mask.

and.... i be a no depositer since aug.2007. ;)

Back