How active is this game? Returning player

Fawkes

Old
Edward Fawkes Blake
Hello!

I played Project Entropia back in 2003-2004 (I think), way back anywhoo. I'm thinking of returning since I loved the feel of PE. It's probably the most unique MMORPG i've played.

What I'm basically asking is, is it worth comming back to the game? Alot of MMORPG's seem dying these days, how is the population in PE? Been bigger, or better then ever?

Just want to check out things before I start to invest time in a game. At least there seem to be some very good guides here on the forum, ALOT have change since I last entered PE. :)

Is it worth coming back? This is still the best MMORPG there is!

How active? Depends who you ask. MA/FPC will say something like 800k accounts. Regulars on this forum have debated numbers for ages so I will guess at something like 25k active players. Lots of ppl have quit due to to rl financial woes but lots of new players have joined. Don’t know how many have stayed but I’ve noticed that my people on FL have been a lot more active over the last 3 months or so which is really encouraging.

And yes, lots has changed since you here. We have lots of shiny new toys to play with, new planets and new mobs.

So...welcome back :yay:

Welcome back!

We've been seeing a bit of a spike in new players due to all the recent publicity. Existing player attrition is probably around what it has always been.

Lots of interesting things happening, what with the Harbinger attacks, The Medusa Islands, and the like.

Grab your gun and let's get started. It's robot clobberin' time!

Great timing we have a new planet coming online today! as for activity, its hard to tell. X number of players are in calypso, X numbers at at the new island, X number at Formerly CND, X number on rocktopia. yes they have 800k accounts, but i agree saying probably 20-40k regular players. which is quite alot for one server when you think about it. about a midsized World of Warcraft server, being the top of the midsized category.

Welcome back mate!

I strongly suggest you to make the conclusion of the activity or the game envroiment by yourself trying it out. As this being "free game, with no monthly fee" it wont cost you a bit to try it out, and for example check the new Port Atlantis or ask someone to give you ride to Medusa wich came yesterday. This is imho the best way to see if the game envroiment suits your "demands"/"needs" still 5 years laters.

Welcome back,
first you should know since back then many things changed. So clear your mind from all experience back then. I don't have exact numbers but Calypso is far from being abandoned so you will find enough players around ( my guess is more than in 2003/2004, but back then i didn't play so it's just a guess ).

Also clear your mind about all gear which used to be good back then. ( And hope you didn't leave any adjusted/improved/modified stuff when you left the last time lol ). Beside those uber gear the weapons you might have used back then are still around, but not a good choice for a fresh unskilled avatar. You will find a lot of Limited (L) stuff around, which can't be reapaired, but offers a huge advantage: Maxed on low levels.

Many things were introduced: Vehicles ( land sea air ), Mindforce ( did it exist back then ? ), Tons of new gear, New places to explore ( The shape of the lands might be different then what it used to be anyway ), .... and maybe a lot more. So have fun exploring the new EU.

Happy Hoffing

I see a lot of spam with globals and HoF's in game so there must be a lot of ppl playing EU, right? :scratch2:

Thank you all for the input!

At least the community seems active, which is very important too me. I'll give it a shoot. Now if i could only use my old account that be awesome, however 4-5 years old account might been deleted, I've emailed support too retrive my account details.

See you all ingame!

Thank you all for the input!

At least the community seems active, which is very important too me. I'll give it a shoot. Now if i could only use my old account that be awesome, however 4-5 years old account might been deleted, I've emailed support too retrive my account details.

See you all ingame!

I hope you didn't have anything valuable on your avatar, this might hurt.

I hope you didn't have anything valuable on your avatar, this might hurt.

I believe I sold off my of my assets before withdrawing, however the skills would been nice too have. Well, well...

Lots of things happening atm and I for sure see more people out in nature as I drive around in my new vehicles :wtg:

I have the feeling that the ND things don't drive many depositing players into the game. RT is frustrating for noobs, NI I don't know yet.

I personally hope for Cyrene, currently I strongly believe we get a ton more active depositing players and then this will make EU a whole different thing.

I suspect SEE is where we'll see lots of new players. Tons of MJ fans out there.

Size of active playerbase seems to be rebuilding in dribbles as everyone's technology catches up with the game's requirements. At this point, PA is usually busy enough to lag, and anywhere else still has a bit of an underpopulated feel - except Neas Place whose population seems to have rotated rather than growing or shrinking. Same revolving door dynamic as before Cry. Same range of enthusiasts vs spectators vs whiners. Game has fewer features, the ones we still have work a little bit better than before, and FPC keeps adding awesome new content.

TL;DR: I'm having a blast here and there's a pretty decent sized crowd. Welcome back.

~Lefty Medb

Game has fewer features, the ones we still have work a little bit better than before, and FPC keeps adding awesome new content.

Might be noob question but who/what is FPC?

I believe I sold off my of my assets before withdrawing, however the skills would been nice too have. Well, well...

that will hurt too.. Because you probably owned a justifier mk-2 which would now be ANCIENT justifier mk-2, and maybe you owned some other gear, that would now be really valuable.
Because you probablt haven't logged in in a couple of years, Mindark took the liberty to take your skills away too. Your avatar is no longer alive..

Still.. welcome back

Plenty enjoy Fawkes.
Just login take a wander :)

This game is very addictive. You may be able to quit for some time but you will always be back... always be back :laugh:

This game is very addictive. You may be able to quit for some time but you will always be back... always be back :laugh:

I'm back! ;) But yes, as you suspected all my supervalueble items and skills are gone. I got the spare peds that was in my old account, whu-pi-do ... not.

Well it's great to be back in PE ... I mean EU..

I'm back! ;) But yes, as you suspected all my supervalueble items and skills are gone. I got the spare peds that was in my old account, whu-pi-do ... not.

Well it's great to be back in PE ... I mean EU..
You mean PC :laugh:

FPC First Planet Company was spawned by MA MindArk to do the "softer", closer to the public, farther from the game engine running of PC Planet Calypso, the original planet, while MA focuses on spreading the platform around to the other 31 new planets. In other terms, FPC runs an MMORPG on a virtual planet hosted on MindArk's RCE VR/game platform. MindArk gets the technical and banking stuff, FPC gets the game, its story, and public relations. NEVERDIE sold his asteroid, bought up one of the other planets, and is now directly competing with Calypso. Skam (now Hanne) quit the game to work for FPC. I wish I had that kind of luck :girl:

That's the news in a nutshell, from a viewpoint strongly biased towards the side of Average Joe Player :yup:

Hello!

I played Project Entropia back in 2003-2004 (I think), way back anywhoo. I'm thinking of returning since I loved the feel of PE. It's probably the most unique MMORPG i've played.

What I'm basically asking is, is it worth comming back to the game? Alot of MMORPG's seem dying these days, how is the population in PE? Been bigger, or better then ever?

Just want to check out things before I start to invest time in a game. At least there seem to be some very good guides here on the forum, ALOT have change since I last entered PE. :)

It's a new game, if you want the old feeling of PE it is long gone, I would sadly not recommend you to come back if that is what you are looking for... it is a totally new game, some like it some does not, but give it a try but u wont get the old PE feeling for sure :)

Welcome back !!

I also returned to the game after not playing for years. Actually there are both a lot of changes and a lot of basic things that have not changed. First thing you notice is the new Cryengine that seems like it took years for MA to implement. PA has had a complete face lift and a few places are gone. Hadesheim used to be a great place but now is gone replaced by a crater and a story line about how it was destroyed by a huge explosion. There are some new armor sets but if I were you I would bypass Dragon armor, even though it does look very impressive it really offers minimal protection. The actual interface has remained somewhat the same with some cosmetic changes like the radar, and timer bar for equipment currently being used. There are more hot keys displayed on the top of the client which is a nice addition. The chat window has pretty much remained the same though.

Things look much more vibrant in-game now as well. Mobs and Avatars no longer look like cartoons. The water really does look like water now as well.

I hope you enjoy your return to the game as much as I have.

:wtg:

Back