How big of a ped cycle is needed before you would typically see ~95% Returns stated by MA.

@ Glenden

What 500 mobs theory ? U can have complete run in less than 100 mobs usualy. Check this out :

Thanks for the link shoti. I will try what you had mentioned in that post "If you hunting and not geting multiplied loot during first 30 kills switch mob to some low ped/kill one and kill cheap ones till you get any multi. Then back to previous expensive activity. That seems saving money.".

p.s As for the 500 mobs theory is that I read somewhere that you need to kill atleast 500 of a mob type to get the better overall loot return rate.

As for the 500 mobs, the theory is that I read somewhere that you need to kill at least 500 of a mob type to get the better overall loot return rate.
Hi Glenden,

500 kills are no longer relevant in EU now, maybe it was a long time ago, but now it's more like 5000 kills.

They stated that the Eff% factor of the weapons contributes to 7% in the total loot calculation , but did they ever mention of the % in loot calculations for the Looter lvls factor ?

They stated that the Eff% factor of the weapons contributes to 7% in the total loot calculation , but did they ever mention of the % in loot calculations for the Looter lvls factor ?
They said the Eff counts for UP TO 7%. So it can be .7% for every 10 points.
Playerbase determined looter acts the same, 7% so .07% for every level.

Unknown how these two influence each other or if it's linear or not.

They said the Eff counts for UP TO 7%. So it can be .7% for every 10 points.
Playerbase determined looter acts the same, 7% so .07% for every level.
Unknown how these two influence each other or if it's linear or not.
We also do not know if MA replaced Weapon efficiency with Looter profs. We can only assume that they are both actively working together, however, nobody has been able to achieve 109-114% TT returns long term with the above facts, 107% isn't far off, Girts obtained 2 huge multipliers last 2 months.

Last edited:
We also do not know if MA replaced Weapon efficiency with Looter profs. We can only assume that they are both actively working together, however, nobody has been able to achieve 109-114% TT returns long term with the above facts, 107% isn't far off, see Girts latest entries for the last few months.

Are u insane ? even 102% is a lot lol, think at this some can shoot 35-50k peds in a single day lol

Are u insane? Even 102% is a lot lol, think at this some can shoot 35-50k peds in a single day lol
Remember that loot is a sine wave? So seeing 102% isn't uncommon if you also reach 98% at other points. 98-102% TT returns were achievable in Loot 1:0. So it shouldn't be any different now with the new parameters. 2% above TT is nothing lol I am sure ubers were milking the system for more before Loot 2:0.

Remember that loot is a sine wave? So seeing 102% isn't uncommon if you also reach 98% at other points. 98-102% TT returns were achievable in Loot 1:0. So it shouldn't be any different now with the new parameters. 2% above TT is nothing lol I am sure ubers were milking the system for more before Loot 2:0.

Yap but look those with imk2 used dmg enhs (on a 72 base dps gun), others used acc enhs so the turnover was not that high compared with the cost potential now full dmg - thats why i said those numbers in my last post.

Last edited:
My own personal opinion on this question is that hopefully after about 10k loot events, you would have experienced both the lows and the highs and find your overal returns to be somewhere around the mean average, i.e. what others are experiencing as well in the long term.

BUT, some multipliers I estimate to have an approximate 1 in 20k chance of occuring and so it is quite possible that you won't see the true mean until you have had more than 20k loot events. If you can kill 1k mobs a day, that translates to hunting 20 days.

In contrast, if you are crafting, I believe the cycle is about 780 clicks/hour. So if this were true, then 26 hours of continuous crafting should even out your returns, unfortunately it doesn't necessarily work that way.

I think the key is to continue an activity long enough. I'm not sure what 'long enough' would be but anything less than 2 weeks is not long enough, I know that.

My own personal opinion on this question is that hopefully after about 10k loot events, you would have experienced both the lows and the highs and find your overal returns to be somewhere around the mean average, i.e. what others are experiencing as well in the long term.

from my experience, it may take up to 400k loot events to experience both and get to the average...

BUT, some multipliers I estimate to have an approximate 1 in 20k chance of occuring and so it is quite possible that you won't see the true mean until you have had more than 20k loot events. If you can kill 1k mobs a day, that translates to hunting 20 days.

In contrast, if you are crafting, I believe the cycle is about 780 clicks/hour. So if this were true, then 26 hours of continuous crafting should even out your returns, unfortunately it doesn't necessarily work that way.

I think the key is to continue an activity long enough. I'm not sure what 'long enough' would be but anything less than 2 weeks is not long enough, I know that.
I've Had two 1000x, after maybe 200k kills. So my rule of thumb is 100k loot events to catch a few 250x, 500x and the illusional 1000x

I've Had two 1000x, after maybe 200k kills. So my rule of thumb is 100k loot events to catch a few 250x, 500x and the illusional 1000x
I've had some millions of peds between 1Ks and I was still having a decent % so it's not a set or even close, setting of loot events per 1k multi.

A very important factor that people are missing is the 'over time' factor. If you have 400k clicks in 10 year is very different than having the same number of clicks in a month (assuming you can) and as per developer's statement, 200k kills should be enough to see stable results.
Here's the most relevant quote from the devs:

The amount of turnover isn't very relevant to the average return or volatility in return for any individual player. To reach a stable average return it's really the amount of loot instances or creatures killed that matters. As an example, if a player kills 2 Sand Kings spending about 5000 PED to do so the expected loot returned on those 2 kills can vary greatly. If instead killing 200,000 Punies also about 5000 PED the expected loot return is going to be very close to the expected average of 96%+ seen in the 2017 group. A more realistic example of this is perhaps spending 300 PED hunting Proterons vs spending 300 PED hunting small Argonauts where the Argonaut hunt will usually yield similar results and the Proteron hunt results can be all over the place since the loot events are so few.
The reason turnover is chosen as the metric to present these statistics is because number of kills doesn't really say much about which level of players are in which category since anyone can kill a large number of mobs if they are small enough.

Turnover or PED "Cycled" is all PED decayed/destroyed/spent on killing a creature, this means decay for weapons, armor, ammo, healing, attachments etc. It has nothing to do with deposits, trade terminals or repair terminals etc.

Remember, it's an average and people would be either above or below that number....

A good idea would be to read the full statement in this thread: Developer Notes #14 - Loot 2.0 Update

For crafting I advise you to ask a real crafter. Numbers will greatly vary from Alukat's numbers.

Back