How does finder affect loot?

antball06

Dominant
Society
Pyrates of Calypso
Anthony Ant Ballentine
So I was just wandering... I used to do alot of mining on CND. I have tried many finders but my best luck has been with OF105 but only in certain domes ofc.

So.... Does anyone have any tips or hints as to what finder is good in what dome?

Hi.

I am not uber miner, perhaps you have more level than me. I must enter ingame for see levels but more or less i have level 15 or 16 Prospecting.

This thing i am going to say i cannot say for sure, eh?. You see in your info item button finder, deep you can work well with your finder. I think if you have skills, you can reach sometimes more deep, but working deep is written in your finder.

I think ores and emmaters are different deep, easy are less deep, difficult more deep.

Perhaps domes where you find nice claims are full with belkar, or lysterium, or copper, or something you can find easy with OF-105. Perhaps domes where you find nothing or a little only, have ores at very big deep and you need a finder more different for reach that deep. Or perhaps is a dome without ores.

I cannot say more. I never go to CND at the moment, so i can talk about planet only.

But perhaps other miners not want say wich are good domes for mining. ;)

Greetings, and good luck, mate.

Finder with most depth is the best. SImple due to that the more deeper you can search the bigger chance to get a rare hit. Ofcourse this also depends on what oretypes are in what dome.

For example lets say a dome has lyst, belk, blaus, then the blaus would be considered as the rare ore and lyst would be the common one and belk the uncommon. And the deeper you can search the bigger % it is to find the rarer ore type in that field.

Now the difference aint really that big so the question is if it's worth it.

thanks for the info on the mining.

I switched from of105 to tk320 on amped CND runs and diference was that when u hit nice claim MU on slightly beter ore can pay all MU on L finder. So i would say if u go unamped - of105 if u going amped over OA102 dont bother yourself with MU of L finder and buy one.

Does a finder search a Cylinder all the way from you down to the depth it can search and out 55m? or does it search a Sphere reaching out 55m in all 3d directions from the depth it can search?

This is something ive always wondered about,

narfi

Does a finder search a Cylinder all the way from you down to the depth it can search and out 55m? or does it search a Sphere reaching out 55m in all 3d directions from the depth it can search?

This is something ive always wondered about,

narfi

Me too...
:scratch2:

Legion are all your theories based on a

:cool: sphere :cool:

:eek: cone :eek:

Me too...
:scratch2:

Legion are all your theories based on a

:cool: sphere :cool:

:eek: cone :eek:

Neither i'd say. Depth is just a figure that is put into the calculation to see what you get. There is no real depth according to me. As i see it it's just a flat surface and when you hit something the depth get's put into the calculation and out comes the final result. That's all.

Thanks for all the replies guys!! The whole reason for the post is I could go with OF 105 and OA101 amp and HoF and global constantly.. And I could take a tk120 or 220 with 102 amps and not get anything at all. Was just curious of others experiences! Thanks!!

So I was just wandering... I used to do alot of mining on CND. I have tried many finders but my best luck has been with OF105 but only in certain domes ofc.

So.... Does anyone have any tips or hints as to what finder is good in what dome?

Depends on what im doing, I like to almost specialize in common ores because they are just that, common and there is really no way to insure certain rare finds. 105 is a great finder for up to about durelium, then it starts working like crap, though you can find other rare materials with it.

You should review a minerals chart for the CND domes. If the dome only has one common like lyst and the rest of the materials are considerable more rare, you can bet that with 105 in that dome, your gonna get a bunch of lyst or nothing.

Ppl love to believe in depth but I believe in cost per click. The only way to find more rares is with more expensive cost per click finders, oddly ppl forget that fact and are amazed when they find something rare at 1000meters with a more expensive finder, must be that depth....;)

how deep it goes and better markup average by what I mined

Thanks for all the replies guys!! The whole reason for the post is I could go with OF 105 and OA101 amp and HoF and global constantly.. And I could take a tk120 or 220 with 102 amps and not get anything at all. Was just curious of others experiences! Thanks!!

Again the cost per click thing. The more expensive finder you use and the more you amp it up, the more you are asking the game for a 'better' result with your find. The game compensates by less finds, so when you do find something its worth more then usual. Better set ups lead to higher loses in the bad times and bigger gains in the good.

One last thing on the specializing of the commons... game needs to put back tons of commons. Your chances of hitting 30k lyst is probably astronomically better than hitting 50 ped rugartz find but thats just IMO :)

Last edited:
Depends on what im doing, I like to almost specialize in common ores because they are just that, common and there is really no way to insure certain rare finds. 105 is a great finder for up to about durelium, then it starts working like crap, though you can find other rare materials with it.

You should review a minerals chart for the CND domes. If the dome only has one common like lyst and the rest of the materials are considerable more rare, you can bet that with 105 in that dome, your gonna get a bunch of lyst or nothing.

Ppl love to believe in depth but I believe in cost per click. The only way to find more rares is with more expensive cost per click finders, oddly ppl forget that fact and are amazed when they find something rare at 1000meters with a more expensive finder, must be that depth....;)

part right and part wrong. From research done by UPC each finder can find 4 types, common, uncommon, rare and very rare. Depending on finder the ores that goes into what category is different and also the %rate of the hitrate will be altered slightly. Ie the deeper the finder goes the bigger the chance for a rarer find. The % is darn small though so if it's worth it is a totally other thing.

Thanks for all the replies guys! Helped me out quiet a bit with my mining technique! I havent been to CND again yet, but I have done a little mining on Calypso and have had a few better turnouts! Greatly appreciated and anymore advice will be highly accepted :)

i use tt finder mostly, unamped. i get everything from VI to X. and then yesterday a 697 ped lyst :p

Congratz!! Remember chasin me through PvP4 the other day? Couldnt get me :p Ur other lil TC buddy got me LOL.. Stupid mistake by me to go in PvP4 unarmed hehe

Back