How long have you gone without food?

Mega

Chaotic Good
Society
Kaos
MegaVolt
This is an interesting topic to me personally. At the time of posting it is 24 hours.

Feel free to post whether it was sponsored or not and well, whatever. :)

oh no...

our avatars have gone for years without food... eek... please don't give MA ideas on how to add even more costs to the game...

Depends on what you consider "food". I foolishly attended the SERE (Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape) training during my service in the Army and let me tell ya... I can only laugh when people mention something like "WOW, I am STARVING!!!" Until you are hungry enough to eat bugs and worms you are not hungry. Until you are ready to catch a rat and eat it raw, you are not hungry.

To answer your question: 6 days until I ate the rat.

And no... it did not taste like chicken. It tasted like RAT.

Suppose I'd better this is RL, as never seen an in-game avatar eating Papplon.

If you did go without for an extended time, please add why and whether it achieved your goal.

Rayne, So many questions....

I'd kill human before eating rat....

foodpack.gif

Depends on what you consider "food". I foolishly attended the SERE (Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape) training during my service in the Army and let me tell ya... I can only laugh when people mention something like "WOW, I am STARVING!!!" Until you are hungry enough to eat bugs and worms you are not hungry. Until you are ready to catch a rat and eat it raw, you are not hungry.

U know, Cambodia's fried crickets are good.

I would have eaten the general or captain for trying to starve me to death :D

I fast yearly for 21 days, starting January 1 through the 21st. I find it to be very healthy.

Did you run out or just not fond of it?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sp-VFBbjpE[/YOUTUBE]

Did you run out or just not fond of it?

Very fond of food, but although of muscular build, need to reduce somewhat.

just to be in ;)
my cig has a link to food advices ;)

A bit over two days. I was kept going by numerous cups of coffee though, so dunno if that really counts.

Dude, a bunch of small healthy meals will help you lose more, and faster, than going without. When you don't eat, your body tries to conserve resources by storing fat. Eat a lot of small healthy meals and your metabolism rockets up and burns your fat away.

Been doing this myself and it works great. Advice came from my housemate who is a Registered Dietician.

I carried a brown snake in my Flight gear lower right leg pocket for 4 days before I ate that.

You should eat.

As long as you drink plenty of water, and select the proper vitamins, you will only lose fat during a fast. I lose no muscle mass, and am actually able to continue working out during my fasts.

3 hours, I am rather over weight

Its because my avatar cant talk anymore so he is not able to buy some food.

Multiple 40 hour famine participant. I have gone a couple days with out food being sick before and one day during a exam/assignment nightmare of a saturday didn't eat from friday night until sunday at lunch....

Only about 8hrs.
Not eating will probably make you sick and not lose much weight .

If your really overweight you could do use this:

http://www.cabbage-soup-diet.com/recipe.htm

and then do this

http://www.cabbage-soup-diet.com/eating-plan.html

Once the week is over you will have lost weight .

Then change your lifestyle. Because you will put the lost weight back on if you go back to doing what you did before after this diet.

PS. This is a smelly fart inducing diet . Beware.

dunno, over 24hrs easy.

Liquids can keep me going for an insane amount of time without solid food.

For a couple weeks, all my solid intake was a little toast for breakfast, a smallish steak for dinner. Everything else was liquid. I don't manage to lose or gain weight no matter what I do though, all of it unintentional mind you.

..around 108 hours, just living on water....after that limited amount of food for the rest of the course. Back in my younger days in the army....your body starts to smell of decomposing after a few days.....weird and disturbing....I lost 11,5 kg during the survival course that lasted for 14 days.

Funny thing was that you were dreaming about all the food you were going to eat when you finished.....but in the end I was totally stuffed after eating half a bun....

a couple of days i guess , however its no problem for a normal healthy human beeing to be without food for 20 or more days.

rule of thumb is 3-3-3 ( when talking survival )

3 minutes without air
3 days without water
3 weeks without food

cheers

ermik

I don't like to eat in the morning, at/around 11am to 1pm ish ill get something to eat and again around 9pm ish.

most I have gone is maybe a day without food, but I tend to drink lots of stuff water, juice, coffee, pop, ice-tea, so I really never feel hungry. I love my water cooler so much its just great, as far as shopping for groceries around half the money I spend is on fluids.

its all kinda odd but works for me just fine =) though I'm sure there is a doctor out there who will tell me I am a idiot.

I would answer in detail but I'm too busy eating. :silly2:

Fuck that.

I did one of those BS "starve for donations" things when I was 15 and was delirious and fever-ridden within 24hrs. Depends what is meant by food, i guess. I might drink a lot of caffeine and just forget to eat ( i used to do that a lot actually).

Hence I have a completely ruined metabolism.

Back