How much TT loss for each destroyed vehicle?

Mack

Old Alpha
Society
Dark Knights - Squires
Armak Mack Zardacon
Looked around, but can't seem to find the answers to this. How much TT value do each of the vehicles lose when they are PK destroyed? Especially interested in Quad Fighter (L)...

1.) Quad Interceptor (L)
2.) Slep MK1 (L)
3.) Slep MK2 (L)
4.) others if you want, but mostly interested in flying ones atm

Thanks, Mack

all deends on number of hits a 450 crit will not decay a vtol as much as 9 50dmg hits

atleast i'm quite sure it works this way

Depends on how many hits you take. It's best to die in single blast - death by a thousand cuts can take it down quite a bit. It works just like armor.

:beerchug:

Miles

Okay, right...forgot about the tie to armor.

So I get it depends on weapon/damage type versus protection and all, but any example numbers per hit for say a Quad on Quad fight, or Quad getting hit by mothership gun? Just looking for ball park numbers is fine if you don't have exact.

Saw something in a Stargazing vid that looked like Quad lost 7 pec, but might have been two hits.

Just trying to figure out how much an average "death" is gonna cost me before I invest in a Quad (but would like to know for my VTOL too) :)

Thanks, Mack

1 pec per hit should be a reasonable estimate, probably less than that in reality.

My calculations with bashing my valkyrie show about 0,8 pec TT los per hit, no matter how much damage is caused. Think it applies to all vehicles.

977 Quad-Wing Interceptor (L) 1 41.39 PED CARRIED

I have only been shot down once.

narfi

narfi

So if that kill happened with a somewhat "average" ammount of shots. Then you can only be shot down 40 times. Not quite much I think. However is it possible that you also took some hits along the way without getting destroyed? Those would decay the "armor" of your vehicle too. Basicaly if a vehicle had no protection it wouldn´t decay in tt if I understand the system correctly.

So if that kill happened with a somewhat "average" ammount of shots. Then you can only be shot down 40 times. Not quite much I think. However is it possible that you also took some hits along the way without getting destroyed? Those would decay the "armor" of your vehicle too. Basicaly if a vehicle had no protection it wouldn´t decay in tt if I understand the system correctly.

To clarify, I haven't been shot at except for that one battle. (one sided since I didn't shot back)
I took approximately 50dmg per hit so would estimate I was hit 20-25 times. (I have a new computer since then so don't have the chat logs anymore)

Being hit with a larger weapon would probably reduce the amount of tt dmg you take if your destroyed. Also not fully repairing your fighter beyond what is necessary to fly would prevent alot of decay. (but you sacrifice that extra few seconds that a fully repaired vehicle could potentially provide)

narfi

should be fairly easy to guess, but i dont know the space stats of the stuff, so just the theory:

find lowest damage weapon possible for space (as i said, no idea there, pvp guns and guns not working on normal mobs i have no idea about)
check the stats matching the guns damage on the quad wing (prolly burn plus something else)
then calc the damage you actually get, read the damage, not the decay
see how many hits it takes to destroy it (SI removed)

-->that many hits it will take

considering it works like armor probably, you should be able to get a decent estimate if you find a roughly comparable armor set and check its decay out per hit
but if my quad wing interceptor research (wiki stats) is right and it follows armor decay, its -minimal-decay is 1.65 pec
SI is 1200
now, no idea of guns there, what damage do they do, 200 ?
for the sake of it,say 200, you need 6 shots*1,65=9.9 pec decay (at least, as min decay)

at least i think thats how it could work

Decays works like armor
That means what counts is:
minimum decay due to total protection
damage absorbed
durability(to a much lesser extent

Therefore if your vehicle takes critical of 300 damage burn

will decay the same as if it had taken 1 hit of 1 damage burn
wil decay more if the damage taken is of 2 or more types and the protection granted (absorbed) is higher

For example, on a Quad-Wing Interceptor (L), damage by Kismet Light Laser (L) will be pure burn and will decay what 18 damage that were protected requires ~1.4 PEC
Assuming 8 shots that will cost 11,2 PEC

On the other hand if what used to shoot at it an VTOL MMB AS-35 (L)
Not only the number of shots required to fully damage the vehicle would be higher
So it would be the decay per shot
For an estimate I lets say the damage protected would be the maximum 48, which in this case requires ~5 PEC
Assuming 15 shoots that will cost 75 PEC

narfi

Which as you see is compatible with real cases (48 damage would be an overestimate of protection per shoot in case you didn't notice I make it clear now)

Valkyrie Mk1 (C,L)
Total damage protection: 81
Minimum decay per hit: 0.81 PEC
Minimum damage absorbed to do more than minimum decay: ~12
Burn protection: 8 so if tested against a gun that does only burn it will have minimun decay per shoot.
Against large I+C+S mob protection: 34 so about 3,2 PEC decay per hit

Also not fully repairing your fighter beyond what is necessary to fly would prevent alot of decay. (but you sacrifice that extra few seconds that a fully repaired vehicle could potentially provide)

narfi

I have sort of tested this, Narfi. It seems the TT decay is the same, whatever type of repair you do, maybe I'm missing something?
After being PKed twice now, in my Quad-wing, I'm guessing the bottom line is, it could take 60 to 80 PKs before being beyond use. (for OP)

Back