Question: Hunting drones on a budget?

Alot of helpful advice there. One thing I once again have to point out tho, the Gremlin isn't mine. That's why I want to get something that is.

You keep praising the Rascal, so I guess I'll have to have another look at that, even though I'm not a fan of limited stuff. I'll also skip the M4a's from now on and go for UL3's again. Switched from the UL3 due to the fact that they were impossible to get your hands on, but that probably changes over time.

As for the amps. I'd love to get myself a 104 or a 105, but the prices have changed over the years, so they're tt+100-150. That's a bit much for my taste (esp since you it was around 10-15 a few years back) but it might be a good investment.

I do my bot-hunting north of Jason Centre so it's mainly gen 01-03, but I've seen the occasional 05 there. (As Thorns Rose wrote.)

Not sure who Stry-something is so I doubt that I'm his brother. Might be some kind of long lost relative, but I doubt that aswell.

And to end the post; What's so special about the herb box?

Well it kind of was up untill June of this year the price started to rise rapidly. Otherwise TT+20 is usually the max one would pay for shogun but not anymore :(. Sad.

Your obviously not in a very happy mood, so I'll say thank you for the tip as I know how to interpret maps & I wasn't ingame to check out your co-ordinates but it definately sounds like what I said it to be. Thanks again will check it out later after I've had some Zzz's :).

thank you for deciphering what mood i happen to be in, apparently not only do u know the best combo of armor w weapon to hunt drones are, u also can tell how others are feeling and have an answer for that too. great oracle while ur at it might u be able to tell us the winning lotto for upcoming drawings and perhaps the future up and downs of world indexes???

ps love ur response of "I wasn't ingame to check out your co-ordinates but it definately sounds like what I said it to be." seriously even when you're obviously completely wrong you need to add that in??? {removed}

Last edited by a moderator:
Rascal is unlimited and limited, if you get an L set for 110% its better than UL any higher like 115% your better of buying unlimited. In anycase get unlimited with 3B plates & yes Riker guns are awesome UL2 or UL3 is enough to take down drone gen 01 but you need the right amps A103 for UL2 and A105 for UL3 & A104 for P4a, that might be a lot of amps but I have all of them & they are worth it longterm. The guns are subject to availability so markup can change from month to month but the amps are a worthwhile investment even if they are more expensive than when you first played. Take for example A204 :).

Alot of helpful advice there. One thing I once again have to point out tho, the Gremlin isn't mine. That's why I want to get something that is.

You keep praising the Rascal, so I guess I'll have to have another look at that, even though I'm not a fan of limited stuff. I'll also skip the M4a's from now on and go for UL3's again. Switched from the UL3 due to the fact that they were impossible to get your hands on, but that probably changes over time.

As for the amps. I'd love to get myself a 104 or a 105, but the prices have changed over the years, so they're tt+100-150. That's a bit much for my taste (esp since you it was around 10-15 a few years back) but it might be a good investment.

I do my bot-hunting north of Jason Centre so it's mainly gen 01-03, but I've seen the occasional 05 there. (As Thorns Rose wrote.)

Not sure who Stry-something is so I doubt that I'm his brother. Might be some kind of long lost relative, but I doubt that aswell.

And to end the post; What's so special about the herb box?

Herb box is more and and faster then Vivo T1 from trade terminal. My advice is get one. ;)

Good choice for riker ul3, use it until you can use LR32 ( I hope mark up on lr32 will stay low in that time ).
As for the amp, its worth investment - trust me.

Regarding M Rufen Power`s advice about shogun, you don`t need to buy full shogun and pay 100+ for it. Face guard is arround TT+40 nowadays. You can buy paladin face guard instead, its just TT+1-2 and it provides EVEN better protection ;)
I sold my shogun face for TT+50 few days ago and again using paladin face ;)

It's not my advice, I don't controll demand. Plus I recommended Rascal not Shogun. I prefer being a Rascal anyways, :cool: oh yeah. Whatever works as long as op'er can hunt on a budget, paladin replacement is good.

It is not my advice as I do not controll supply & demand. Plus I recommended Rascal not Shogun. I prefer being a Rascal anyways, :cool: oh yeah. But whatever works really as long as op'er can hunt ona budget, paladin replacement is gd.

The reason I prefer shogun is because you can use it on other mobs as well. And its great for miners who cannot afford gremlin or something else :)

Last edited:
Yeah its still a decent chunk, but you may want to investigate the armors/plating eco.

Vigi unplated has damage/pec of about 12.39 and on Gen 03s averages 9-15 damage a hit.
Vigi plated (3b) has an damage/pec of about 11.83 and Gen 03s averages 2-6 damage a hit.
Trooper plated (3b) has damage/pec 13.57 and Gen 03s average 5-12 damage a hit.

And the rest of the setups mentioned are downhill from there.

I would say Trooper + 3B is a decent option.

You are quoting the armor adviser tool wrong and quoting average - max values instead of min - max values for hits. Gen 03 will average 5.35 hp hits against trooper + 3b with the maximum non-critical hit of 12 and minimum hits of 1.0

Trooper is a fantastic armor against bots, however its availability, especially for foot guards, is the worst for any crafted armor in game.

Gremlin + Mark.3B gives you 7 hp average hits from gen 02 with eco of 14.7. This is actaully quite good. Near Jason, gen01-gen03 is largely what you will kill, and the average maturity is what you need good protection against, especially if you have low evade/dodge. Yes, you will die more if you get jumped by multiple ones and you need to look out how you tag, but this is an important skill on its own.

Underarmoring a bit gives you paramedic skills, overarmoring just wastes peds.

Good suggestions so far! I went one smaller than the popular 3B plates for baby drones, putting 2B's on my Thunderbird(L) that I had already. Ooh, aah, 15.96 dmg/pec. ;)

For a super-eco armor setup tailored to grinding a particular mob, my rule of thumb is, small armor, really small plates, and let maybe a quarter of the damage through to fap afterwards.

Tool suggestion: if you load all the armors and plates you own into the Armor Adviser, and save them for later, it'll quickly tell you what setup to use for a given mob. I like to sort its list by decreasing dmg/pec and scan down for acceptable average damage, rather than trusting the tool to optimize for me. http://www.entropiawiki.com/ArmorAdviser.aspx

Cheers,
Professor Latha Serevi

You are quoting the armor adviser tool wrong and quoting average - max values instead of min - max values for hits. Gen 03 will average 5.35 hp hits against trooper + 3b with the maximum non-critical hit of 12 and minimum hits of 1.0

Trooper is a fantastic armor against bots, however its availability, especially for foot guards, is the worst for any crafted armor in game.

Gremlin + Mark.3B gives you 7 hp average hits from gen 02 with eco of 14.7. This is actaully quite good. Near Jason, gen01-gen03 is largely what you will kill, and the average maturity is what you need good protection against, especially if you have low evade/dodge. Yes, you will die more if you get jumped by multiple ones and you need to look out how you tag, but this is an important skill on its own.

Underarmoring a bit gives you paramedic skills, overarmoring just wastes peds.

I understand the value, but I look at those listed damages as an average, since its dynamic. If I say 9-15 just assume 12 per hit. It helps me to figure if I can handle a mob 100%. What if you get hit for a critical multiple times in a row, which can happen? If I can outfap that average of those damages, its a done deal. Its worked for me for years, I'll stick to my theory :dunce:

EDIT: I saw a few mentions of trooper being super rare. I could have sworn a few years back it was common enough, I had a set and no one was interested in it when I threw it up to sell. I think I ended up giving it for damn near TT to someone.

Hrmm..

I've been looking around, calculating economy and so on for two days now and I've discovered that I'd get the most (droid-)bang for my bucks by getting a (UL) Rascal set and switch to pistols.
However, that switch would also mean that I've got to skill up my pistoleer-rank with some smaller guns, before going for the P4a. (Really underskilled for that)

So since I've maxed the P2a, I guess I should be looking at a P3a, right? (8.4-8.5/10 on hit rating etc with it)

And what would be the best target for my little peashooter?
Droids are a bit too hard and I'm guessing that the same goes for Atrax. Argon would be a fitting target, but I'm having the worst luck with the loot from them, so I usually just end up loosing 90% of what I spend on ammo there.

So since I've maxed the P2a, I guess I should be looking at a P3a, right? (8.4-8.5/10 on hit rating etc with it)

Better to stick with maxed P2a (and it stands for all SIB weapons), until your P3a will state 10/10 in all and will be fully maxed.

Then switch to next (P3a in that case) weapon. Best ECO.

Of course, you can go with 8.4-8.5/10, loose a bit more, but take advantage on SIB and skill faster. Your choice.

PS: You can calculate what you want, but right now you can't even imagine learning curve. For now you will get from gun to gun in no time, compared to higher levels. SIB is like a carrot, which hangin' in front of your nose.

Last edited:
Better to stick with maxed P2a (and it stands for all SIB weapons), until your P3a will state 10/10 in all and will be fully maxed.

Then switch to next (P3a in that case) weapon. Best ECO.

Of course, you can go with 8.4-8.5/10, loose a bit more, but take advantage on SIB and skill faster. Your choice.

PS: You can calculate what you want, but right now you can't even imagine learning curve. For now you will get from gun to gun in no time, compared to higher levels. SIB is like a carrot, which hangin' in front of your nose.
Right, get a P2a until the P3a is maxed, got it. That'll save me some money aswell..

What I've been calculating is what's the best thing to go for right now, protection-wise and damage-wise. Didn't look at any specific gun, but the pistols and carbines that I currently can use, for drones specifically.

back then i skilled up hg on Tantillion with amped p2a / p3a until i had the p4a maxed. I guess Merp or something in that range will do the job also quite well. Shoulld not be more than a couple of runs.

Enjoy & gl

Jen

Right, get a P2a until the P3a is maxed, got it. That'll save me some money aswell..

What I've been calculating is what's the best thing to go for right now, protection-wise and damage-wise. Didn't look at any specific gun, but the pistols and carbines that I currently can use, for drones specifically.

You know armor adviser?

Well, if you don't, now you do. Select right armor (better being hit, than to be overprotected and get max 1 dmg) for particular mob, etc. About damage-wise - get amp for your gun, if you can afford it. Better dmg, better eco, etc.

Trooper is a decent option but it doesn't exist mate. I only one person has a nearly full set - foot guards & to craft it now costs way to much ped for a small budget.

There are only two complete trooper sets that I am aware of. It took me two years to track down and get the only known BP for feet. The crafter who made my feet got the discovery and since then I have lent the BP to one other person.

The armor takes rugaritz to craft so is a bit costly. My offer still stands for anyone trying to complete their own set, I will give the BP to a trusted crafter to click for you. I only want the cost per click the BP cost me which was 2 or 3 ped it i recall correctly.

Back