Question: Hunting drones on a budget?

Jokkocze

Young
So I'm going to try to get back into the game and since I've had luck with the drones so far, I thought that I'd go for those for a while. But I'm not sure about what equipment I should use for them.

My older brother (Not mentioning any names, but he's running around, looking smug in his supremacy set) keeps saying that the Gremlin armor that he's loaned me is excellent for everything small, without exception, but the drones still hit me for about 10-25 damage (Gen 01-03) when I'm wearing it (100% condition), so I'm sure that there's something better.

I've heard that Shogun and Trooper are great for drones, but which is the best choice? (I have no idea about the prices)

Also, I've been using a Breer M4a (L), but afaik, drones are weaker against penetration damage, which isn't the M4a's strong side.

So that's the best/economical equipment to go for if you're planning on hunting drones?
I kinda feel a bit as if I lost track of what I were writing somewhere in the middle there, so if you're not sure what I'm rambling about, just go ahead and ask.

shogun + 3b
rascal + 3b

So I'm going to try to get back into the game and since I've had luck with the drones so far, I thought that I'd go for those for a while. But I'm not sure about what equipment I should use for them.

My older brother (Not mentioning any names, but he's running around, looking smug in his supremacy set) keeps saying that the Gremlin armor that he's loaned me is excellent for everything small, without exception, but the drones still hit me for about 10-25 damage (Gen 01-03) when I'm wearing it (100% condition), so I'm sure that there's something better.

Gremlin is not bad, there are armor plates that gives protection against drones, so you should try to find a solution that works for you. (entropedia: armor platings)

I've heard that Shogun and Trooper are great for drones, but which is the best choice? (I have no idea about the prices)

there are several armors that works on drones, try this tool to find what might be working for you
What is true for most armors is that the more protection it provides the more ti decays, so experiment in the list untill you find something that provide you with enough protection at a good price.

Also, I've been using a Breer M4a (L), but afaik, drones are weaker against penetration damage, which isn't the M4a's strong side.

This is no longer valid, at the moment all mobs react the same way to all types of dmg, as in, they do not have any protection against certain types of dmg

So that's the best/economical equipment to go for if you're planning on hunting drones?
I kinda feel a bit as if I lost track of what I were writing somewhere in the middle there, so if you're not sure what I'm rambling about, just go ahead and ask.

I use, nemesis+2b armor and a breer p5a+a104 or a105 when I hunt them, it may not be the best setup, but it works for me.

vigi no plates necessary, my armor decay is around 3ped+/- 30pec with 180ped of ammo through a p5a w/a104 amp, and i've never had to use my fap once during any of the 18 hunts i've done so far. gen 1 to gen 3

Gremlin is not bad, there are armor plates that gives protection against drones, so you should try to find a solution that works for you. (entropedia: armor platings)
Not bad, sure. Hunting argon in it is awesome. I guess I could smack some 3b plates on it for now, since they're not really that expensive, but I'd like to get myself something a bit more fitting later on. (Esp since the gremlin is borrowed)

there are several armors that works on drones, try this tool to find what might be working for you
What is true for most armors is that the more protection it provides the more ti decays, so experiment in the list untill you find something that provide you with enough protection at a good price.
I'll poke around a bit more with that. Shogun + 3B seems to be great if I look at that, gremlin+3B doesnt protect quite as good but has less decay. Rascal + 3B seems to be a good pick aswell.

This is no longer valid, at the moment all mobs react the same way to all types of dmg, as in, they do not have any protection against certain types of dmg
Good to have that cleared up. Keeping track of how things change over 7 years is hard when you just play on and off, I guess.

I use, nemesis+2b armor and a breer p5a+a104 or a105 when I hunt them, it may not be the best setup, but it works for me.
When I get myself a 19k hof, I might get something like that ;)

vigi no plates necessary, my armor decay is around 3ped+/- 30pec with 180ped of ammo through a p5a w/a104 amp, and i've never had to use my fap once during any of the 18 hunts i've done so far. gen 1 to gen 3
Vigi's great, yeah. It's slightly out of my priceclass tho :p

Just try Grem+3B, should do the trick if you got a herb box.

Have to agree unplated Gremlin is useless against bots, it has no burn protection and is only marginally better than no armor at all.

Adding plates is probably your easiest and mostly likely cheapest option, it all depends on how much your willing to spend on buying them and on decay.

Vigi's great, yeah. It's slightly out of my priceclass tho :p

Vigi these days is only somewhere around +240, much cheaper than in previous years. And you don't need plates. Getting a cheaper armor set and then pates will cost you around the same I'm sure, and will probably decay more.

It may be worth the investment.

Have to agree unplated Gremlin is useless against bots, it has no burn protection and is only marginally better than no armor at all.

Adding plates is probably your easiest and mostly likely cheapest option, it all depends on how much your willing to spend on buying them and on decay.
3B aren't that expensive, so that's a good pick for me. (For now.) Cant really find alot of them to buy tho, saw a single plate on the auction, so it'll take some work getting some for the entire armor..

Vigi these days is only somewhere around +240, much cheaper than in previous years. And you don't need plates. Getting a cheaper armor set and then pates will cost you around the same I'm sure, and will probably decay more.

It may be worth the investment.
It's down to +240 now? Thought it was alot higher than that..
Still though, 240+210 (tt value) is alot of money.

It's down to +240 now? Thought it was alot higher than that..
Still though, 240+210 (tt value) is alot of money.

Yeah its still a decent chunk, but you may want to investigate the armors/plating eco.

Vigi unplated has damage/pec of about 12.39 and on Gen 03s averages 9-15 damage a hit.
Vigi plated (3b) has an damage/pec of about 11.83 and Gen 03s averages 2-6 damage a hit.
Trooper plated (3b) has damage/pec 13.57 and Gen 03s average 5-12 damage a hit.

And the rest of the setups mentioned are downhill from there.

I would say Trooper + 3B is a decent option.

Bodyguard+6a is my choice for small drones. Using Vigi is a terrible idea.

I hunt them with shogun only. I like to get little bit more dodge and healing skills instead all that armor decay.

Also, I wouldn`t hunt them with breer m4 because of mark up on that gun. Better use breer p5 or hl6.
Or use isis LR32 if you like rifle and ofc if you are skilled enough.

I hunt them with shogun only. I like to get little bit more dodge and healing skills instead all that armor decay.

Also, I wouldn`t hunt them with breer m4 because of mark up on that gun. Better use breer p5 or hl6.
Or use isis LR32 if you like rifle and ofc if you are skilled enough.
Dodging is always better than being hit, yeah. Just standing still and healing yourself while being hit by a single mob is quite boring tho, so that'll have to raise as I hunt.

I've been looking at the LR32, but I've decided that I have to increase my ranged laser-level a bit more before I go for it. It's currently at 14, so two or three more levels.

If you already have gremlin why buy another armor, just buy and slap on 3B plates and thats it! Drones 01 will do 1.0 dmg. Buy a small healing tool incase some 02 or 03 aggro and gang bang.

Rascal and gremlin is the same in burn protection, you'll only have slightly better eco with gremlin since its 12 burn on 2950 durability instead of rascal that is 12 on 1700.

If you are on a budget, keep what you already have and dont spend for nothing on something that will do the same job, with shogun/rascal and other armors like that, you'll need to put 3B plates on them anyways.

and peeeleassse, dont buy 6A's for baby drones o_O. 3B is nuff!!!

Last edited:
Or go with a team mate or few team mates and you can just forget about armor and even smaller weapons will do the trick in that case.

Or go with bodyguard / 6A and p4a(L) / a103 or a104 ... if your brother has supremacy he may have the skills to craft you p4a(L) for cost? (if so i'd be happy to buy some from him, can't ever seem to find cheap p4a(L) on auction)

Yeah its still a decent chunk, but you may want to investigate the armors/plating eco.

Vigi unplated has damage/pec of about 12.39 and on Gen 03s averages 9-15 damage a hit.
Vigi plated (3b) has an damage/pec of about 11.83 and Gen 03s averages 2-6 damage a hit.

You didn't mention Hunter (3b) has 13,51 and Gen 03's average 6-16 damage a hit and can be used for other purpose then only drones not like trooper, and what's most important looks cool :lolup: Unfortunately still missing harness:scratch2:

I love Drone Bots!

I'm not eco friendly on my armor..but I am always hunting drones Gen01-03 (some times you might catch a Gen 05) at Jasons center and good armor comes in handy because alot of times they come in packs.Thats when I'm glad I have good armor on at time.But all the suggestions to armor are great on here and I am taking notes..If you want to hunt in team also helps..I'd be glad too. :)

using vigi with no plates the decay is 1.611 pec with avg dmg at 4
using body+6a the decay 1.646 pec with avg dmg at 3.3

these are both for gen 1 drone

at gene 2+ is where the decay on body+6a becomes better then vigi, but if ur hunting at north of eurus wthere 90%+ of the drones are gen1 i dont really see how vigi is a terrible idea.

Hmmmmm

using vigi with no plates the decay is 1.611 pec with avg dmg at 4
using body+6a the decay 1.646 pec with avg dmg at 3.3

these are both for gen 1 drone

at gene 2+ is where the decay on body+6a becomes better then vigi, but if ur hunting at north of eurus wthere 90%+ of the drones are gen1 i dont really see how vigi is a terrible idea.

What Generation drones are North of Eurus?.and aren't there some outside(where and what Gens) are outside of Twin Peaks? I like bots..:)

What Generation drones are North of Eurus?.and aren't there some outside(where and what Gens) are outside of Twin Peaks? I like bots..:)

around 730 778 there is a good spawn on small drones, the majority being gen 1, few gen 2 and the occasional gen 3 to 5 may pop up.

Gremlin+3B plates rules!! Don't use M4a carbine either due to high markup. Get an A105 or A106 amp too to fix unto any of your laser weapons :wise:. I think your brother is correct, gremlin is very versatile armour indeed.

shogun + 3b
rascal + 3b
Forget shogun with markup spiking to ridiculous prices TT140+160? Forget that if your on a budget stick with rascal TT60+10ped markup atm maybe. So 300ped vs under 100ped I know which I'd go for.

This guy obviously has trained at bot camp for a long time and has a lot of dodge, don't listen to him in that case. Plus vigilante at 450ped isnt good on a budget it's still more than markuped shogun :mad:.

Trooper is a decent option but it doesn't exist mate. I only one person has a nearly full set - foot guards & to craft it now costs way to much ped for a small budget.

Vigilante is bad idea, and imo so is using .6A plates :wise:. :).

Dodging is always better than being hit, yeah. Just standing still and healing yourself while being hit by a single mob is quite boring tho, so that'll have to raise as I hunt.

I've been looking at the LR32, but I've decided that I have to increase my ranged laser-level a bit more before I go for it. It's currently at 14, so two or three more levels.
SIB on LR32 starts at level 16 but your not maxed on it untill you are level 20 when sib ends & your at your most efficient with the weapon.

Or go with a team mate or few team mates and you can just forget about armor and even smaller weapons will do the trick in that case.

Or go with bodyguard / 6A and p4a(L) / a103 or a104 ... if your brother has supremacy he may have the skills to craft you p4a(L) for cost? (if so i'd be happy to buy some from him, can't ever seem to find cheap p4a(L) on auction)
P4a will never be cheap on auction because it is a gun that most crafters lose money on making for hunters. Just be grateful there are any on auction at all, besides since we don't know the decay of the UL P4a we cant make a comparison with the L version to see at which % to buy at, which means any markup paid for this gun is acceptable & considered eco, however in my opinion it should be no greater than 108% :wise:.

I'm not eco friendly on my armor..but I am always hunting drones Gen01-03 (some times you might catch a Gen 05) at Jasons center and good armor comes in handy because alot of times they come in packs.Thats when I'm glad I have good armor on at time.But all the suggestions to armor are great on here and I am taking notes..If you want to hunt in team also helps..I'd be glad too. :)
Learn well Rosey :). Take off that wire frame you call armour its decaying to much :wise: way to much darling.

Am I right in thinking that this is Stry***'* brother we are all trying to help here? You sure are noober than I :ahh:. Good luck then Bro. My lootious be with you more than your wealthier brother, & :smoke: some of this it will help ease the pain of seeing a 0.00ped balance in due time trust me. j/k :dunce:.

Last edited:
around 730 778 there is a good spawn on small drones, the majority being gen 1, few gen 2 and the occasional gen 3 to 5 may pop up.
Sounds exactly like NE of Jason Centre TP to me :laugh:.

I think I'm going shopping for armor....I found this handy link too https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?135547-Robots-Level-and-Location

So after I go to auction I'm off to Ithaca...(P.S.) hard to evade bots in heels too...Hahaha!! :D
Ahh that thread is like 2 years old Rose & I think it was for some sort of bot event, where people were asking for locations to those bots. Ah bit like with migration I guess. Just look on Entropedia and Creatures section and click on the mob you are interested in locating using that instead of forum & outdated posts :silly2:. Just tell me your favourite color and try finding an armour that suits before shopping for anything Rosey.

~Mark~

you know what on second thought dont listen to me or anyone else (cant believe i even took the fucken bait...newb for life). this here is all you need, make ur own decision and see what ur skill lvl with ur budget is suited for. what works for one might not work for another.

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?toolid=2

you sir need to chill
Anything above say 18 dps imo is ok for drones. I can usually hunt them using cb5 or opalo sometimes lol. So UL3+A105, P4a+A104 & anything above that is fine. LR32+A104, LR41+A105 etc HL6+A105 & so on. But with your low health mate & dodge I think your gonna have to try Rascal+3B best fit I think for you :). Again GL!

PS: buy a herb box

Forget shogun with markup spiking to ridiculous prices TT140+160? Forget that if your on a budget stick with rascal TT60+10ped markup atm maybe. So 300ped vs under 100ped I know which I'd go for.

are you sure shogun cost so much now...It always was somehow TTfood...

Sounds exactly like NE of Jason Centre TP to me :laugh:.

learn to use a map those coordinates are north of Eurus, and is southwest of Jason Centre, you sir need to learn to use these hard to understand entropia maps...dont know why u laughing :scratch2:

are you sure shogun cost so much now...It always was somehow TTfood...
Well it kind of was up untill June of this year the price started to rise rapidly.
Otherwise TT+20 is usually the max one would pay for shogun but not anymore :(.

learn to use a map those coordinates are north of Eurus, and is southwest of Jason Centre, you sir need to learn to use these hard to understand entropia maps...dont know why u laughing :scratch2:
Your obviously not in a very happy mood, so I'll say thank you for the tip as I know how to interpret maps & I wasn't ingame to check out your co-ordinates but it definately sounds like what I said it to be.
Thanks again will check it out later after I've had some Zzz's :).

Back