Help: i got hacked :(

xuxa

Provider
Society
Yadokai
i went to the beach for the last week with friends and family i come back and
the first thing i try to do is log onto eu and it saysyou entered a unidentified login/password i think???
so i think nothing much of it go ahead change password and try to log in again then it says avatar is already loged in i thought m.a was having problems with server again so i wait 30mins try still loged in wait 1hour try still loged in think wtf now im getting a bit worried ...waited about 30mins tried again then i got mad and went and took a nap when i woke up i was able to access my avtar with new password and when i loged on
i seen i didnt have nothing on then i look in inven all is gone i run to storage and look for items its all gone i panic and pm my friend he said he seen me
online i was like wtf i was on vocation then i try reloging like 5tiems then finaly i came to accept the fate that i have gotten hacked never thought it would have happened to me
considering i dont go on any unknown sites or download random shit
now im fucked out of all my items they cleaned it out completely
im missing over 13k worth of items armor and skills so fucking mad
now idk wtf to do i was suppose to give that armor back in a few weaks now i dont got nothing idk wtf ima do im realy loosing hope at this point
please if anyone seen my avatar trading with poeple or selling items
please tell me names any info is well eneded :(

xuxa out:(

Nooooooooo :(

Have you submitted a support case to MA? Did you have a gold card? This worries me as well even tho i have a gold card I still think accounts can or may be cracked

Nooooooooo :(

Have you submitted a support case to MA? Did you have a gold card? This worries me as well even tho i have a gold card I still think accounts can or may be cracked

yeah i sent support cases
no i was on the verge of getting a goldcard
i have good security on my pc(least i thought:( )
this is the worst way to come back from a vocation :mad:

im rly sorry to hear that man i hope somehow it all works out for u

there is no such thing like GOOD SECURITY...please understand every security can be broken, its veeery easy to create a keylogger or something that will not be found by whatever security program, but GoldCard is safest way here, I still dont understand why ppl keep depositing etc without an gold card...its like:

"hey hey come all over here I am going to show ya my PIN so you can use my visa !! "

:( sad story :(

GOLD CARD IS A MUST !!!

What kind of armor did you have on loan? You're gonna have a time proving you didn't sell it and then come with the hacked story. NOT saying you did that, but you'll have a tough time with it. How many ppl gotta' get hacked before ppl get the, now FREE, GC??? GL man.

...in think wtf now im getting a bit worried ...waited about 30mins tried again then i got mad and went and took a nap...

... i was suppose to give that armor back in a few weaks now i dont got nothing...

:popcorn: anyone?

How long did it take to change your password? I've never done it. Is it an automated e-mail process, or does support have to flick a switch?

Another set of borrowed armor stolen. What a shame. Could have been worse, at least nobody got shot in the knee.

How long did it take to change your password? I've never done it. Is it an automated e-mail process, or does support have to flick a switch?

I did it when I thought my account had been hacked. It is an automated e-mail deal. It was a fairly quick process. I don't remember waiting very long, like having to miss out on playing EU or anything.

I really hope MA does their job and solves this problem for you whatever the answer may be.

:hug:

Another set of borrowed armor stolen. What a shame. Could have been worse, at least nobody got shot in the knee.

LOL I remember reading that thread by some fluke. :laugh:

Not over yet. Maybe just a baseball bat in the knee. I see he is still a little new to the forums. He may be ligit but then again. Like you said more loaned armor gone. I hate it for him if he did get hacked. Gl to you and hope you get your problem resolved. And the person you borrowed the armor from is understanding.

One thing I have learned from these posts is never loan something with out a deposit for the item.

lolz0rs, i read that story too, thanks to people like cent bringin up entropia history on forums for n00bs like me to find out about.

I did it when I thought my account had been hacked. It is an automated e-mail deal. It was a fairly quick process. I don't remember waiting very long, like having to miss out on playing EU or anything.

Okay, so, the "hacker" changed the password, but not the linked e-mail account, because it still worked when the OP reset. Perhaps he was trying to cover his tracks, and changed it back after hijacking the password.

That sounds like the kind of activity which could be found on a log somewhere.

This stuff makes me mad. I think I need a nap.

13k PED? Support case & call the cops.

Maybe you won't get anywhere with the cops or MA, but you certainly won't if you don't try.

Keep us posted.

AG

I've changed my password and got notification within seconds to my assigned email.

This seems to be hard to believe since the person who did the hacking would have know the assigned name at the first log in screen as well as the password THEN they'd have to know the password for the email address to get access to it so they could get the changed password - seems all a bit too much to take in - maybe I should have a nap! :ahh:

What kind of armor did you have on loan? You're gonna have a time proving you didn't sell it and then come with the hacked story. NOT saying you did that, but you'll have a tough time with it. How many ppl gotta' get hacked before ppl get the, now FREE, GC??? GL man.

the armor i had wasnt a loan today get hacked tommarrow
i had it over several months for a pay monthly plan
that doesnt matter now its gone :mad:

i sent support case to change password it was like a 3min process
its a automatic email

1. Changing password takes seconds (somebody asked about it above).
2. Gold Card is a must have item, one of the first you should buy. Even if it's not 100% secure, at least you have a ticket to demand anything from MA, without it... Well, you're screwed.
3. I suppose you will have to buy that armor back. GL completing a set, whatever it was.
4. Sorry to hear that you were hacked, but you kinda asked for it yourself without GC. I'm feeling more sorry for armor owner actually. And you, not having GC, shouldn't borrow any items. Now only thing you can do is writing support case to MA (don't think they will do anything about this though), changing your e-mail and password on EU web site, getting GC on the first login, buying back stuff you allowed to be stolen.

for the post above im not gonna hack myself after a year+ of playing
i dont wanna
this isnt the first time i couldnt log in
before i went on vocation i had got into a argument with my soc and
was a freelancer i used msn to talk to lots of them accepted pics etc
maybe thats how i got hacked maybe a pic contained a keyloggeR?
i dont know much about hacking
and my password was the same as my email before i changed them

1. Changing password takes seconds (somebody asked about it above).
2. Gold Card is a must have item, one of the first you should buy. Even if it's not 100% secure, at least you have a ticket to demand anything from MA, without it... Well, you're screwed.
3. I suppose you will have to buy that armor back. GL completing a set, whatever it was.
4. Sorry to hear that you were hacked, but you kinda asked for it yourself without GC. I'm feeling more sorry for armor owner actually. And you, not having GC, shouldn't borrow any items. Now only thing you can do is writing support case to MA (don't think they will do anything about this though), changing your e-mail and password on EU web site, getting GC on the first login, buying back stuff you allowed to be stolen.

i guess it could be my fault cuz i didnt have a GC i will talk with thee armor
owner and see allt hat i can do to repay her the armor like i said was burrowed for a series of months on a pay and save the armor was boar
im missing voer 60k skills including 36xx first aid skills tons of combat and mining :(

I'm not sure if I understand you clearly. I'm not telling you to hack your ava, but change password and e-mail you use for EU.
1. Set up special e-mail box, used only for Entropia, nothing else. Do not give this e-mail to anyone, do not forward any other mail to it, do not give it as secondary e-mail during registration of any e-mail addresses. You can also make sure this address contains small letters and capitals, number and so on.
2. Set up new password, containing at least 8 various signs (small and bigg letters, numbers).

I'm not a hacker myself, so can't tell you how your account was hacked. But I've heard about phishing attacks on accounts. If you gave your e-mail to anyone, maybe some e-mail was send to you and you clicked link encouraging you to reactivation of your Entropia account? This is popular method to steal login and password as I've heard. Still, if you have good e-mail address, used for EU only, strong password AND Gold Card, you will be probably a bit safer. And with Gold Card you will be able to demand some actions from MA in the future. Never heard about GC account being hacked so far. It doesn't mean that it's impossible, but I suppose MA would be more willing to help you if you could inform community that GC is a crap and doesn't secure your account as they say it does.

I'm not a hacker myself, so can't tell you how your account was hacked. But I've heard about phishing attacks on accounts. If you gave your e-mail to anyone, maybe some e-mail was send to you and you clicked link encouraging you to reactivation of your Entropia account? This is popular method to steal login and password as I've heard. Still, if you have good e-mail address, used for EU only, strong password AND Gold Card, you will be probably a bit safer. And with Gold Card you will be able to demand some actions from MA in the future. Never heard about GC account being hacked so far. It doesn't mean that it's impossible, but I suppose MA would be more willing to help you if you could inform community that GC is a crap and doesn't secure your account as they say it does.

agreed as of now im trying to get in contact with the armor owner let her know the situation and see what i can do to repay her for the lost set
she wont be happy but il do my best

well so u all know ive known xuxa awhile and she borrowed my 5b+fox ME before not long ago, i dont think shes the scammer type

Sorry but WTF really? Another one with 10k ped+ worth on avatar, and playing for one year and no gold card?

Xuxa...

When the game tells you that your Avatar is logged in.. That's not a server issue lol.

You should have tried logging in, literally as soon as you could open the game up again.

Because when you try to sign in while a person is on your account, they become disconnected. Which would then enable you to log on while that person is disconnected.

( I really think MA need's to enable passwords people can set on their storage containers. That way if someone does catch another person hacking their account. They can log in and safely store their items in their storage.)

( I really think MA need's to enable passwords people can set on their storage containers. That way if someone does catch another person hacking their account. They can log in and safely store their items in their storage.)

agreed but thats not the way it is
the way it will be is im screwed and everyone is gonna keep hounding me down on here instead of helping me:(
i thought bringing this to the comunity attention would maybe solve some questions
and hopefully lead back to finding who took my items and maybe getting them back but so far its been a on going argument:(

lemme ask again
please if anyone has any info of seeing my avatar online within the last week somewhere please tell me
tell me if yall seen her trading and who please i realy need this information to just maybe be able to get my items back or get the person who hacked/dealed my ava get banned

You should have tried logging in, literally as soon as you could open the game up again.

Because when you try to sign in while a person is on your account, they become disconnected. Which would then enable you to log on while that person is disconnected.

Are you sure about this? :scratch2: I have never heard of this happening this way, but then again, I don't have problems like this. It just sounds strange to me.

agreed but thats not the way it is
the way it will be is im screwed and everyone is gonna keep hounding me down on here instead of helping me:(
i thought bringing this to the comunity attention would maybe solve some questions
and hopefully lead back to finding who took my items and maybe getting them back but so far its been a on going argument:(

lemme ask again
please if anyone has any info of seeing my avatar online within the last week somewhere please tell me
tell me if yall seen her trading and who please i realy need this information to just maybe be able to get my items back or get the person who hacked/dealed my ava get banned

First of all, no I havent seen "you" online, and that is as much of help I can give you.

Second: Your account was worth a fair bit it seems, and you don't need me to tell you that you where stupid not to have a goldcard.

Third: Why is it that every f#%¤# account that is hacked has borrowed some armour/high end item? Not saying that you are hiding something, but I see a tendencies to theese things. Not much postings, resently borrowed items (or in your case for a long while) and suddently get hacked? What is it? Do you guys borrow items and publically announce it or what? Sorry dude, for the best of me I cannot belive this is the full story. If I am wrong, feel free to negrep me or whatever but it is the same old story over and over again.

I bought my goldcard as soon as my disciple period was over and I decidede to stay here. Sorry if I come down hard on you but this is like a lot of other post claiming to be hacked.

First of all, no I havent seen "you" online, and that is as much of help I can give you.

Second: Your account was worth a fair bit it seems, and you don't need me to tell you that you where stupid not to have a goldcard.

Third: Why is it that every f#%¤# account that is hacked has borrowed some armour/high end item? Not saying that you are hiding something, but I see a tendencies to theese things. Not much postings, resently borrowed items (or in your case for a long while) and suddently get hacked? What is it? Do you guys borrow items and publically announce it or what? Sorry dude, for the best of me I cannot belive this is the full story. If I am wrong, feel free to negrep me or whatever but it is the same old story over and over again.

I bought my goldcard as soon as my disciple period was over and I decidede to stay here. Sorry if I come down hard on you but this is like a lot of other post claiming to be hacked.

i dont got nothing to hide everyone who knows me knows im honest and a good person ask my ex soc mates in deja vu
what i said was the full story and if yall keep doubting me this thread mine as well get closed im looking for info not arguments

Back