Is MA doing illegal stuff?

conclussion of never going to happend?

atm we are consumers and consumers are protected by laws in any nation, as someone allready stated here, MA is a small organization,. Organization doing illegal business can get sued.

I write consumers now as people concluded Entropia is not gambling.

conclussion of never going to happend?

atm we are consumers and consumers are protected by laws in any nation, as someone allready stated here, MA is a small organization,. Organization doing illegal business can get sued.

What exactly are they doing that's illegal? so far i have not seen you give any valid law's that people can look up and see for themselves that this game is illegal(matter of fact, the united states congress wont even touch on the subject of real cash economy games, at least that's the last i heard on it)

I never understand why some people write something here first before sending support to MA.
Support is an official way to ask something, EF is a free place to speak about the game.

I write consumers now as people concluded Entropia is not gambling.

You are protected, in that your purchase values are guaranteed by MA in the form of 10 PED = 1 USD.

Beyond that its all a matter of chance, and how well things work out for you. Don't blame MA for you victimizing yourself. Do your research before you purchase something, or accept the consequences that you might lose your entire investment if you choose to play the game in an ignorant fashion.

Just say no to NANNYtropia.

You really dont get the point which makes me sad.

They are not doing anything illegal at all. It is not gambling.

They provide you with the option to BUY money. You buy the ingame money. As of there you have spent your money since that money works just fine. The item you have bought works and cannot be traded back.

What you do with that money is your problem - it is like that in the real world too. Dont compare this with buying a car.

If you bought the enhancers directly from MA yes then its another matter. But you dont.

You buy money which you are ALLOWED to use on whatever you want. You spent your money on enhancers - in the end its just too bad.

But the ONLY thing you can complain about is if the MONEY you bought didnt work. But they did so your rights as a consumer ends right there. That is why MA make other people craft the items and sell them. They are not legally bound by any laws that way.

I really think you will be surprised if you read what you accept the next time you log into entropia.

You accept that you cannot point your finger at MA at all and you accept that things are as they are. If they got an error - well tough luck. And end the end - you never owned the items you bought ingame at all. You are just allowed to use them. Nothing else.

THAT is like BORROWING a car that is broke - you never bought the rights to own that car as you very well put it yourself.

What exactly are they doing that's illegal? so far i have not seen you give any valid law's that people can look up and see for themselves that this game is illegal(matter of fact, the united states congress wont even touch on the subject of real cash economy games, at least that's the last i heard on it)

You buy washing powder that guarantee you white clothes and when you use it your white shirt is now dirty,. you can ask for money back from producer.

I used a finder promissing me average search depth of 1000/1000metres. I find 5metres claims two times, used 2 x ma109 attached on my finder because I experienced good enmatter deep in ground at spot.

I would be pissed too if it was shown there was a bug which meant when attaching an enhancers to something that it actually made the findings worse and not better. I think this is the general jist of what tomkat is trying to say here so dont get on to tomkat too much atm, sounds like they are just really peed at the situation and is venting on the forum.

Thats why i say wait and see what support says about the matter. But if thats the case then i dont see anything different here than the hill climbing bug that miners were facing in the first few weeks of VU10. Except its not claims that arent able to be reached physically its claims that arent able to be reached (by depth finder) dynamically. Oh no its that word again.

You buy washing powder that guarantee you white clothes and when you use it your white shirt is now dirty,. you can ask for money back from producer.

I used a finder promissing me average search depth of 1000/1000metres. I find 5metres claims two times, used 2 x ma109 attached on my finder because I experienced good enmatter deep in ground at spot.

Did you miss the part about planet calypso being in beta? beta means we are beta testers, and it is our job to report bugs, so do your job and send the support case already!

Did you miss the part about planet calypso being in beta? beta means we are beta testers, and it is our job to report bugs, so do your job and send the support case already!

We're in Beta?? Source please.:eek:

Honestly at this point I'd just stop replying to this guy.

Hes upset he lost money, and he wants someone else to blame besides himself. It's a shame some folks on this planet take their personal pride so seriously. Ignorance is the essence of humor. If you cant laugh at your own foibles, you probably dont deserve to laugh at the foibles of others.

Hmm, I guess what we learn from this is when testing something new you better not use the most expansible possible setup you can imagine.

The EULA states that MA owns all items in the universe.
Correct! I'm from sweden and I can just say that MA isn't breaking any of our laws. When you "signed" the EULA, that means when you logged in, you agreed to everything ingame. That means MA owns everything and you successfully gave away all the rights to the money you deposited.

Will you be able to get your money back by suing MA? Nope it doesn't work that way in Sweden although you are free to try.

Show the warranty for that enhancer. The EULA states there are no guarantees.

We're in Beta?? Source please.:eek:

lookin for it right now, but i am fairly certain we are in beta till VU11!

Edit: cant find it right now, news on planet calypso website doesnt seem to go back as far as vu10, or maybe i just wasnt looking in the right news section? anyways it should be in thier, and im fairly certain that i read on the front page here on ef as well,

Last edited:
next time get some skills instead of enhancer so you can have 1000/1000 finding depths

you had a theory and it didnt work thats your fault not MA's

You will not find rare ore/enmatter with big amp much

next time get some skills instead of enhancer so you can have 1000/1000 finding depths

you had a theory and it didnt work thats your fault not MA's

You will not find rare ore/enmatter with big amp much

kk, I was not trying to find rare ore or enmatter,

1000/1000 average search depth my finder said, it is an unacceptable bug as it should of said average search depth 5metres,. never would of mined with this setup if my finder told me average was 5metres.

never would of mined with this setup if my finder told me average was 5metres.

Thats awesome. A hamburger doesnt come with a warning saying "Eat this and youll probably have a heart attack before 50." Did you enjoy the last hamburger you ate?

Going to sue the Rancher because he didnt tell you beef is full of cholesterol?

Dude. Get a grip.

what finder you did use then ?

and the normal stats on it then

Democracy have spoken, I should continue playing and I have nothing to complain about.

This thread can be closed, thanks to all. :ahh: :rolleyes:

what finder you did use then ?

and the normal stats on it then

about to run, not much time, I used mt1000 with range enhancer 1 range enhancer 3 range enhancer 9,.
it went from unenhanced normal stats to 1000metres average putting them on,. actually it got above 1000metres, thats reason it went to 5average, it reseted when went over 1000 from 0 and up, but the finder not telling, that what I complain about.

reported allready .

lookin for it right now, but i am fairly certain we are in beta till VU11!

Edit: cant find it right now, new on planet calypso website doesnt seem to go back as far as vu10, or maybe i just wasnt looking in the right news section? anyways it should be in thier, and im fairly certain that i read on the front page here on ef as well,

Would be intresting to see it....

Last I saw was Davids post:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/2094919-post8.html

btw, this topic is not general about enhancers, it is about if it is possible to get all money I depositted back somehow? many people says gambling is illegal in sweden etc.

lmao

but yes you're partly right, MA does allow gambling due to events like "first one to get a glob worth 56 peds gets a price". Since no one knows how return is calculated it's impossible to use any skill whatsoever and so this can be qualified as pure roulette. So untill such events are nerfed this game should be banned in sweden or any other country that has issues with online gambling.

*Puts on his wizard robe and hat...wait, tinfoil hat*

They provide you with the option to BUY PED. You buy the ingame money (PED). As of there you have spent your money since that PED works just fine. The item you have bought works and cannot be traded back.

I took the liberty of tweaking your post a bit Doomie, in the hopes it may help the OP understand. Your point here pretty much draws the precise line of RL recourse, which is NIL. Good post.

@ OP :
Now, as for the rest, namely the "defective" enhancer. That VIRTUAL ITEM was purchased BY YOUR AVATAR (not by you) from ANOTHER VIRTUAL AVATAR (not MA or FPC).

The only claim that exists is, like all the elements in it, a purely virtual claim. So, your virtual avatar can apply to the virtual courts of Calypso for an action against the virtual avatar seller.

Since no such Court exists, you are SoL.

Hm, maybe i did something wrong when crafting the enhancers.
Well, buggs do happen in all games no strange thing. Why did you use it when you saw it was bugged?
But i agree, they should at least give the % chance for the enhancers to break.

(the lawer IS hot ;) )

That VIRTUAL ITEM was purchased BY YOUR AVATAR

you do not get full ownership and rights to do whatever you please, check the eula. so you don't really buy but it's more like renting/leasing virtual objects. Everything will always remain property of MA.

giving up looking for where i saw that we were in beta till vu11, maybe someone else can find it, but for now i dont have much more time to look, will try again later though. Maybe im getting this confused with the next island beta? Either way, with as many bugs that are in the game, seems being in beta stage is the only explanation for them!

It sucks that you spent money on an untested item, when you didn't know exactly how it worked and are now pissed about it; because it worked in a manner that you didn't expect.. :laugh: :duh: :dunno:

It does sound like a bug that you got a couple of 5m claim depths; kinda like the y2k bug. It's like you were actually searching at 1005 meters, but it couldn't show you the 1000, because it doesn't normally go higher.

As for the Ferrari references - they're not even a legitimate way to compare the situation. Mindark did NOT tell you that the enhancer was going to last for 100 bombs, they did NOT say that you wouldn't find claims lower than 1k depth.
So in essence, they didn't tell you 'the ferrari goes 200mph when it only goes 20mph.' :confused:

But, honestly - you've been "selling out" to leave game - just about every time I've seen you ... for the last three years now. :laugh: :dunno:

If you feel like "It's a gamble, shit - pyramid scheme," then it could be time for you to actually cut the cord, to walk away, and really do what you've been talking about doing for years. :rolleyes:

Good luck figuring out whatever it is that you're going to be doing - but my suggestion is to wait until there's a lot more testing done on these enhancers; before you buy them again and have another freak out. :wise:

you do not get full ownership and rights to do whatever you please, check the eula. so you don't really buy but it's more like renting/leasing virtual objects. Everything will always remain property of MA.

I understand that... you missed my point, which is that the virtual ownership is vested in the avatar, not the player, and as you rightly point out, all the virtual objects, including avatars, are actually owned by MA/FPC in terms of their eula.

Back