Is there a strategy to gettting eye oil?

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
Is there a strategy to getting eye oil (other then hitting auction house)? I loot it sometimes, but not too often. I sometimes craft Simple I Conductors, and get tons of musle oil for it, but not a lot of eye oil... is there a mob out there that gives it up most often, or is it just another hit and miss type of thing?

Try hunting molisk they loot eye oil a lot. I think merps also

Merps indeed drop it in crazy amounts. Also, Argonauts drop it, but with iron and other drops mixed in, maybe not at the rate merps do.

Try hunting molisk they loot eye oil a lot. I think merps also

Molisks drop mainly muscle and thyroid, not so much eye (at the least the ones I hunt do, maturity is a factor of course).

Small Merps are definitely good for eye oil though, as are small Argos. If I remember correctly it's the only oil they drop until you get to Gatherer/Provider level and beyond.

Thanks. I'll have to give merps a try one of these days. ;)

i am busy with the argonauts mission and did get lot of eye oil.
i am almost finished with the 1k mission and got about 4k eye oil of them.
i hunt mostly young to adult around twin.

Bristles also drop Eye Oil I have about 6k of the stuff in my storage :p. I would say you have less than 20% chance of looting some, not to bad in my opinion. Make that 8.88k :p

Last edited:
Maturity is a big factor - Where Young to Old might drop Muscle Oil, Providers to Dominant might drop Eye Oil, while Alpha to Stalker will drop Thyroid Oil. There seems to be a relation between HP and the Type of Oil dropped. The higher TT value Oils come from mobs with more HP.

Of course they have made it more complicated than that, but as a general principle, a bigger maturities of a mob that drop Muscle Oil should drop Eye oil.

:beerchug:

Miles

i hunt atrox and i get loads of eye oil :/ too much in fact. usually after a 200 ped hunt about 20-30% of my loot is eye oil

though i dont get muscle oil off them, so i guess troxies have dry muscle meat lol

I'm doing the merp mission right now and I can say that the young and mature ones drop a lot of it.

i am busy with the argonauts mission and did get lot of eye oil.
i am almost finished with the 1k mission and got about 4k eye oil of them.
i hunt mostly young to adult around twin.

yeah that's one of the best places to get it and the iron is good to even if u don't need it the iron sells good.

Molisks drop mainly muscle and thyroid, not so much eye (at the least the ones I hunt do, maturity is a factor of course).

Small Merps are definitely good for eye oil though, as are small Argos. If I remember correctly it's the only oil they drop until you get to Gatherer/Provider level and beyond.

Argonaut Gatherer and Guardian both drop eye oil, cant comment past that maturity level as I dont like Hunter and beyond. :)

BTw dont think u can beat the auction prices if u need eye oil for crafting or any other stuff :dunce:

The mu on all looted stuff is really to low to try to lot it your self with any sence of economy.

the returns sucks right now and only if u global u get an decent amount to craft with ,

or turn some 100 peds around a while, but the mixed stuffs in loot makes one crazy saving everything for a long time to earn a ped on mu : P

BTw dont think u can beat the auction prices if u need eye oil for crafting or any other stuff :dunce:

The mu on all looted stuff is really to low to try to lot it your self with any sence of economy.

the returns sucks right now and only if u global u get an decent amount to craft with ,

or turn some 100 peds around a while, but the mixed stuffs in loot makes one crazy saving everything for a long time to earn a ped on mu : P

Another option would be to buy directly from hunters, maybe saving a percentage point on MU since there is no auction fee. I always have stuff like that in storage if you wanted.

Another option would be to buy directly from hunters, maybe saving a percentage point on MU since there is no auction fee. I always have stuff like that in storage if you wanted.
You know I never did really understand why people sell for less out of auction, I mean the auction fee goes to lootpool. If I sold my "stuff" out of auction I'll sell it at the same MU that it states it sells for. As in anycase that ped will end up in the lootpool thats coming from me. Sorry for being off-topic this is probably for another thread :/ but just wondered.

You know I never did really understand why people sell for less out of auction, I mean the auction fee goes to lootpool. If I sold my "stuff" out of auction I'll sell it at the same MU that it states it sells for. As in anycase that ped will end up in the lootpool thats coming from me. Sorry for being off-topic this is probably for another thread :/ but just wondered.

The reason why people would sell for less is because of time. If you only have about 5 ped worth of an item and want to hunt again as soon as possible it is easier to just sell to a reseller. It normally takes a more time to get enough to sell on auction and to have someone buy it than to just sell to someone in twins.

kreltin drop tons of eye oil... as well as muscle oil. CP is a great place to craft simple I conductors and simple I plastic springs.

I sometimes craft Simple I Conductors, and get tons of musle oil for it, but not a lot of eye oil...

Keep hunting for muscle oil. Sell it for let's say 108-109% and then buy eye oil at 103-104%. Much smarter than hunting for eye oil yourself ;)

all oils drop related to HP :)

Back