Question: Is tiering up unl. armor usefull?

Is tiering up unl. armor usefull?

• Total voters
seems tiering armor is a bit like tiering weapon , it worth it on hight end gear , for medium and low end , it seems to not make sence.
Looks like most point of armor tiering is , to protect more so you fap less , making you somehow more eco...

or did i miss something ?

seems tiering armor is a bit like tiering weapon , it worth it on hight end gear , for medium and low end , it seems to not make sence.
Looks like most point of armor tiering is , to protect more so you fap less , making you somehow more eco...

or did i miss something ?

For UL armours, yes, tier on high-end stuff and stick on protection enhancers. No point tiering the medium or low stuff.

For L armours, use durability enhancers on high/medium/low end stuff. You could still use protection enhancers on the high-end stuff I guess but you're just going to break your armour quicker.

lol. Thanks for the info! I have never thought of calcing the advantage of having T1 dura on my bear set but it's really costing more than it saves at current MU if the break rate is like you are saying ^^

Uhh... you can now just add the enhancers in the armor vs mob tool on entropedia, add in the cost of enhancer per pec (what you paid / how many hits you think the enhancer will survive) and you will immediately see if you got a benefit or not.

For UL armours, yes, tier on high-end stuff and stick on protection enhancers. No point tiering the medium or low stuff.

Any protection number about where start what we call hight-end ?
Is jaguar/tiger in that range , angel , shadow ???

Any protection number about where start what we call hight-end ?
Is jaguar/tiger in that range , angel , shadow ???

Depends a bit on skills I guess. If you need the extra protection and it makes a difference, it's probably worth it.

Personally I don't think UL armours below Angel have much point existing anymore, you can do better with carefully chosen L stuff as long as you're not bothered by non-matching sets. I'm tempted to include Angel in that too, but it is a bit better than anything L you can consistently rely on getting at a viable markup on auction.

So protection enhancers, Angel maybe, anything bigger yes. But only if you need the extra protection.

People who have better than Angel often have Adj/Imp/Mod fap too. Then you're better off fapping.

Voted yes, it rocks on Sentinel and enhancers last "forever"

I personally think tiering low-mid level armor is worth it. My tier1 nemi is already providing the same protection as untiered Phantom/Boar/bear armor (in the dmg types that matter to my hunting imp/pen/stb/cut) and tiering it did not cost too much. When I have it at tier 2 I will surpass the protection offered by the more expensive armor's.

I personally think tiering low-mid level armor is worth it. My tier1 nemi is already providing the same protection as untiered Phantom/Boar/bear armor (in the dmg types that matter to my hunting imp/pen/stb/cut) and tiering it did not cost too much. When I have it at tier 2 I will surpass the protection offered by the more expensive armor's.

That's true, but you could just buy L Bear/Boar/Jag/Tiger combo of auction. With the much higher durability for the same protection their decay+markup will be less than the decay of your Nemi. And that's before you put durability enhancers on them...

That said, it is a bit of a hassle so I appreciate why UL sets are still popular. I wouldn't be without my Warrior set.

That's true, but you could just buy L Bear/Boar/Jag/Tiger combo of auction. With the much higher durability for the same protection their decay+markup will be less than the decay of your Nemi. And that's before you put durability enhancers on them...

That said, it is a bit of a hassle so I appreciate why UL sets are still popular. I wouldn't be without my Warrior set.

I never rraly was a fan of L armor simply for yhe fact that it wore out too quickly and often times was a hassle to replace due to the shortages on the otjer planets...i def prefer UL because of this even tjough I might pay more in decay, thats nothing a little loot + crafting enhancers womt fix though :)

~Danimal

I never rraly was a fan of L armor simply for yhe fact that it wore out too quickly and often times was a hassle to replace due to the shortages on the otjer planets...i def prefer UL because of this even tjough I might pay more in decay, thats nothing a little loot + crafting enhancers womt fix though :)

~Danimal

Yeah, if I was willing to acknowledge that other planets exist I guess I'd be able to see your point :D

IMO when they "fixed" the tier system to not need a second item, they broke the ped making potential of tier upgrading low-mid lvl items. Before that, yeah it was good, because when it broke you got residue :tongue2: now, you cant sell the item for anywhere near what it took you to get it ready to tier, usually cant even sell for the cost of mats to upgrade it, however if its ready to tier, I find it sells faster/easier (I would assume to upgrade skillers)

i have the highest tiered EMine M armor in EU - all parts tier 2 (first parts at tier 3 gonna come soon)

when i bought it, it was tier 1 besides one part. It grows with me, its perfect for my level, it keeps me away from too big mob and when i hunt small with it, its still eco enough to justify wearing it.

I made the Araneatrox quest in it and tiered it all to tier 2 in the process. I use to use defence enhancers in it, and they are cheap and seem to have a very low break-chance. Meaning: In 15k spiders i burned ~5 defence enhancer per part and tier. I tried it unenhanced once for like 15 minutes and quickly added the defence enhancers again. Way less faping (no more in between faping), way easier to stand a chance at old+ spiders. With big enough faper i can kill a spider dominant in it, we just tried that a few days ago.

This armor grows with me, its perfect for my level and it will stay perfect for a long time. I am level 40 evader now and i guess i will grow out of this armor at level 55. But then again at level 55 i might also dismount the defence enhancers and put on durability enhancers making it more and more eco. For more defence i can still start to build a shadow or something in that ligue. But for now i feel 100% settled! I love it :)

i have the highest tiered EMine M armor in EU - all parts tier 2 (first parts at tier 3 gonna come soon)

when i bought it, it was tier 1 besides one part. It grows with me, its perfect for my level, it keeps me away from too big mob and when i hunt small with it, its still eco enough to justify wearing it.

I made the Araneatrox quest in it and tiered it all to tier 2 in the process. I use to use defence enhancers in it, and they are cheap and seem to have a very low break-chance. Meaning: In 15k spiders i burned ~5 defence enhancer per part and tier. I tried it unenhanced once for like 15 minutes and quickly added the defence enhancers again. Way less faping (no more in between faping), way easier to stand a chance at old+ spiders. With big enough faper i can kill a spider dominant in it, we just tried that a few days ago.

This armor grows with me, its perfect for my level and it will stay perfect for a long time. I am level 40 evader now and i guess i will grow out of this armor at level 55. But then again at level 55 i might also dismount the defence enhancers and put on durability enhancers making it more and more eco. For more defence i can still start to build a shadow or something in that ligue. But for now i feel 100% settled! I love it :)

you pretty much hit it on the nose with this post, I couldnt have said it better :)

To Jimmy, you mean to tell me you dont like Arkadia? :( well...okay I USED to like it too till they nerfed the mobs..but before then it was hard to upkeep armor there that was Limited in nature due to lack of similar armor there being looted amd what not..

~Danimal

Parlog beautiful post man beautiful just perfectly said. Thanks :).
Now I need to find a set to grow old with me, hm which one? :)

To Jimmy, you mean to tell me you dont like Arkadia?

What is this Arkadia you speak of? :scratch2:

But anyway, I've made my opinion of the whole planet partner thing quite clear in other threads where it's more relevant. Sorry for setting off an off-topic.

gremlin seems like more eco wen tier 3 durability
+I tier up everything what can. :) skills and for fun

IMO when they "fixed" the tier system to not need a second item, they broke the ped making potential of tier upgrading low-mid lvl items. Before that, yeah it was good, because when it broke you got residue :tongue2: now, you cant sell the item for anywhere near what it took you to get it ready to tier, usually cant even sell for the cost of mats to upgrade it, however if its ready to tier, I find it sells faster/easier (I would assume to upgrade skillers)
That's why the fix was a good thing. It encourages use of the items and not just a lot of reselling.

It grows with me, its perfect for my level, it keeps me away from too big mob and when i hunt small with it, its still eco enough to justify wearing it.

way easier to stand a chance at old+ spiders. With big enough faper i can kill a spider dominant in it, we just tried that a few days ago.

I am level 40 evader now and i guess i will grow out of this armor at level 55.

Oh Parlog, you made me soooo lol :laugh:

Oh Parlog, you made me soooo lol :laugh:

yeah laugh about that nib, i get there soon enough, you will see!:tongue2:

cant brag with that yet really, youre right. My plan is slightly different from most people here and its always worth a test here and there.

But you know what i am doing all day long, if not check my tracker!

For PvP armor its definitely worth it all the way. I have been involved with many instances (in PvP4 and non-lootables) where 0.5-2 HP protection (from armor) as well as 0.5-2 HP damage (for weapons) is the difference between living and dying. This is obviously fanatical PvPrs who spend 80k+ on the uber UL armor set (and for hunting of course), so why would the cost of tiering and enhancers affect their decision tree?

Also, just like weapons, the higher the level of the item the larger the delta when you put in enhancers, to Kimmi's point.

On the nib side like me, I want maximum Impact protection while using a UL armor (I'm a calypso hunter)...I ended up deciding to build a Phantom set (5 of 7 pieces!!), cause it is the least expensive to acquire with 25 imp protection. Since I only use Phantom against the biggest mobs I hunt (you should assume I'm under protected), this extra tiered protection is "worth it" because its it is surely not "not worth it." I blow through weapon enhancers at a far greater rate then armor enhancers. I am a performance oriented person, I am not going to stress over spending $2-3 in defense enhancers every 3 months.

Last edited:
On the nib side like me, I want maximum Impact protection while using a UL armor (I'm a calypso hunter)...I ended up deciding to build a Phantom set (5 of 7 pieces!!), cause it is the least expensive to acquire with 25 imp protection. Since I only use Phantom against the biggest mobs I hunt (you should assume I'm under protected), this extra tiered protection is "worth it" because its it is surely not "not worth it." I blow through weapon enhancers at a far greater rate then armor enhancers. I am a performance oriented person, I am not going to stress over spending $2-3 in durability enhancers every 3 months.

Phantom tier 4 with 4 tiers of defence (not durability!) enhancers would give you 30 points of impact protection. So certainly useful to tier it.

If you got it to tier 4 first lol... but yes certainly worth it provided you had enough enhancers.

If you got it to tier 4 first lol... but yes certainly worth it provided you had enough enhancers.

But that is the point Mark - you need to take the decision(s) it will be worth it and tier up at x.9 to get there. If you don't, it will be not just very slow, but impossible instead.

i think so u can make ur armor better into something that u can't afford

Even though I know that decay with my tier 2 nemi is more because of the enhancers I just never remove them anymore. I can also visibly see the extra protection when hunting bigger mobs.

I will however not go stand in a mob swarm and fap just to tier it, but if a piece is ready to get tiered I do it and slap some enhancers in there. Along with HP and main Prof lvl's gains getting a tier point on an armor part is a personal milestone for me. Almost like a record of how far I have come with this armor as Ive brought it with me from tier 0.

You mean UL tiering is still working?? None of my UL items has got to a x.9 in 13 months despite being at x.8 and having tier rates higher than 100 on all of them!!

OK, I'm not a player who spends a lot of time in-game, but 13 months!!!

To answer the original question - put very simply, yes, tiering is worth it - it's ok getting you CB26 (L) to tier 10 before it breaks, but then you've got to go find another one and start again. With a tiered UL piece, you never lose it.

Mark, you put enhancers on Settler? :eyecrazy:

Maybe if they offered enhancers (dehancers?) that decreased protection and therefore decay that would make them even better scaffolding for plates.

Did not read the whole thread but this post made me wanna say this:

There is already something kinda similar to that, it increases the durability tho so it decays less each hit.

Reducing the actual protection would be weird and really see no point to it...

increasing the durability makes sense to me at least :)

Back