Judges Thread for WoF 2009

Another reminder to the Judges:

DON'T LET HURRIKANE do the GRAVEYARD SLOT ON HIS OWN!!!!

:)
(He falls asleep if no-one's there to talk to.... ask the Netherlands!)

Hurrikane

:laugh: Sorry, Boss.. that is just WAY too late / early for me after a 16 hour session ingame. (If you could let me know Netherlands score, I can rank all the teams).

Here are my two sheets. 2009-03-07 Australia and Scotland

Beautiful, Jamira... my hero ;) Thanks!

:(If you could let me know Netherlands score, I can rank all the teams)

113 for Netherlands I think it was, as detailed in the globals thread.

:laugh: Sorry, Boss.. that is just WAY too late / early for me after a 16 hour session ingame. (If you could let me know Netherlands score, I can rank all the teams).

Beautiful, Jamira... my hero ;) Thanks!

Thanks for all the hard work RJ, Netherland's score stands at 113 ( a susan lol) which I have checked and can see no problem with.

I'll send you over all data I have tonight.

Hurrikane

Thanks for all the hard work RJ, Netherland's score stands at 113 ( a susan lol) which I have checked and can see no problem with.

My pleasure! And thanks to the teams - very non-drama and we appreciate it.

I'll send you over all data I have tonight.

Hurrikane

Thanks again! Not sure if all these belong to you... but I am missing the following:

EUDORIA
IRELAND
NORWAY
POLAND
ROMANIA
SCOTLAND
WALES

That is actually awesome... thanks to all the judges. Having the data for 17 of the 24 teams is very good :laugh: I am still missing data from WoF 08.

Thanks again to all... see ya in 2 weeks (I hope).

Thanks again! Not sure if all these belong to you... but I am missing the following:

EUDORIA
IRELAND
NORWAY
POLAND
ROMANIA
SCOTLAND
WALES

Jamira has Scotland included in her post above RJ.

And I have the Wales one - but only because RC was keeping notes as we were at revive :laugh:

Jamira has Scotland included in her post above RJ.

And oooops!

I made a mistake by accident: I put a "1" at the MIA wich brings a -10 to Scotland's score. This is not correct. The whole team was back within 10 minutes after end of the match.

Scotland's score is 80!

I apologize for that

And oooops!

I made a mistake by accident: I put a "1" at the MIA wich brings a -10 to Scotland's score. This is not correct. The whole team was back within 10 minutes after end of the match.

Scotland's score is 80!

I apologize for that

And that will eliminate one of my PMs to Hurrikane ;) I ran the numbers and came up with 80... asked him to take a look lol

No worries and thanks!

And I was right with the "dreamed" global from Australia! 62 PED Thorio Raider. Take a look at Australia's screenshots:

So Australia's score is 149 instead of 147.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I might be able to help out with some judging, but can't seem to find anything about the process. I get the general idea, take screenshots of all globals, make sure main team is back within time limit, but is there more detailed info anywhere? Is there a copy of an excel spreadsheet template available somewhere? USA is hunting in the Sunday 00:00 slot during the next qualifier, so I won't be available during that time, but I can probably help out the Saturday 20:00, or Sunday 04:00 slots.

-Mack

Hi all,

I might be able to help out with some judging, but can't seem to find anything about the process. I get the general idea, take screenshots of all globals, make sure main team is back within time limit, but is there more detailed info anywhere? Is there a copy of an excel spreadsheet template available somewhere? USA is hunting in the Sunday 00:00 slot during the next qualifier, so I won't be available during that time, but I can probably help out the Saturday 20:00, or Sunday 04:00 slots.

-Mack

Screenshots not required... pen & paper to record the globals for the team(s) you are judging. Attention to detail needed, making sure the correct team scored on the correct mob. Lot's of standing around looking at Hurrikane... other than that it is pretty simple. During the match, we occasionally verify scores to make sure no one missed anything and give the teams time check (1 hour remaining..) It is certainly not rocket science ;)

All assistance is welcome! Thanks :thumbup:

(Sorry I crashed the other night...)

Hi all,

-Mack

Seems you got the general line.
Simply pop up ... we will teach you if necessary ;)

And Jamira and Rayne are much nicer to look at than Hurri :wise:

Reactions: Lee
Seems you got the general line.
Simply pop up ... we will teach you if necessary ;)

Bring Beer :thumbup:

Still waiting to hear where the Start/Finish line for Qualifier 2 will be, might be the same spot, might not... all will be revealed well before the Off, problee ;)

That's for sure hon!

Edit:

Or at least this nice one:

Rayne! Your part! Check your screenshots for some proofs :laugh:

Last edited:
I thought I would be available for more slots this weekend, but something came up so only slot I will be around for judging is the last one. I'll be hunting with USA support team in the 00:00 slot.

-Mack

You see. Proof.

When I saw Hurrikane in the same gear with his swords, it was just not the same.

Took half a bottle of Malt to get over it :eek:

You see. Proof.

When I saw Hurrikane in the same gear with his swords, it was just not the same.

Took half a bottle of Malt to get over it :eek:

ROFL! Spiky! ... half a bottle only?????? :beerchug:

But serious: I love tall men :D
(... at least a few centimeters taller than me ...)

Excerpt from "The Diary of a Narcist"

Last edited:

Um, and Lee is chopped liver? Does that mean I need my avi to wear only undies to not be invisible when judging? :laugh: I miss Fluffy :(

Anyway, no excel sheet, just plain old pen and paper (clam's old score sheet) and some hours to spare and I will be there if I can help as usual when not with my team, if not needed this time as there are enough other judges I may just go enjoy the sunshine this time ;)

Um, and Lee is chopped liver? Does that mean I need my avi to wear only undies to not be invisible when judging? :laugh: I miss Fluffy :(

Heehee - Sorry hon - I will promise to look at your bottom for at least 17 minutes at the next judging slot :ahh:

I will see if I can find my whip....

We have received word from on high about Qualifier 2's Start/Finish line:

It's in all the Team threads but I thought I'd reproduce it here for the Judges :

Originally Posted by Hurrikane

The Start/Finish Point for this Stage is NOT on TI,
it is to the north.....

Amethera
15351, 33533, 511

With TI's regular customers there too it made sense to keep with the WoF tradition of highlighting remote locations.

See you there and Good Luck

Hurrikane

:thumbup:

is it possible to know who's on what slot yet or too many left to confirm?

just to get an idea who we're gonna be up with and what slot might need more judges

Heehee - Sorry hon - I will promise to look at your bottom for at least 17 minutes at the next judging slot :ahh:

I will see if I can find my whip....

NP Spike, just me feeling a bit over sensitive lately about just being 'one of the guys' to some of the folks I hang out with, when I'm not :girl:

Now, pardon the silliness, back on topic. Guess I better get ingame and check out the meet up coords before Saturday.

Amethera
15351, 33533, 511

Hurri are you crazy?
This is a higland marsh! I don't want to stand in this mud all the time when judging!

Either you change the location or I have to rethink this job! :laugh:

Well, serious! Great choice as usual, Hurri. Really a very interesting place! Including everything wich delights someones heart: Brown mud up to the knees, green sky above and ... ehhrm ... and ... nothing else :laugh:

Here is my version of the scoring spreadsheet. I tried to test it pretty thoroughly, but easy to miss some stuff, so let me know if you find any bugs. It doesn't have any support for the Loot or Winning Bonuses yet as they don't apply in the Qualifier Round.

The one quirky area is in the support global list. Because support can keep hunting after the cap is reached to try to get missing scoring categories for the variety/sweep/bonus mob, but those ped don't count toward the support ped total there is a separate location to enter those additional globals at the bottom of the support global list. You'll see once you get in the spreadsheet...

There are just 3 additional spots, as that is the most you should need to enter to fulfill any missing scoring categories/bonus mob.

Regardless of what the total support score shows at the top of the support global list, their score gets capped at 100 when it is recorded up in the summary at the top. The only way it goes above that is if main or support teams score an ATH.

All bonuses, HOFs, Susans, ATH scoring and doubling should happen automatically as long as you indicate with "H", "S" or "A" next to the ped amount when you enter the global.

The bonus mob points always automatically shows up in the Main Team section regardless of where it gets recorded. It just made it easier for handling doubling, etc.

The thing kept spreading out, so it may be best viewed at 75%. I liked the way Jamira did the freeze panes to keep the upper portion of the scoring chart always in view, but it does make getting screenshots at the end of the event more difficult. The easiest way to do it is to unfreeze the panes. First you will have to "unprotect" the document under the "review" tab. Password is "wofusa". Then under the "View" tab, select "Unfreeze Panes". Then you can scroll down and grab a couple of screenshots that cover the entire document and cut and paste them together. Someone know a better way to do this?

Holler if you have any questions or suggestions to improve it. I'm definitely not an Excel guru, so I'm sure there might be better ways to do some of this stuff.

Thanks to Jamira for the initial layout.

Judges Spreadsheet for WOF Qualifier 2

-Mack

Just noticed the spreadsheet doesn't handle the case where a global is both Susan and a HOF....I'll try to get that fixed tonight and updated. You'll have to enter "X" for that special case instead of "S" for Susan or "H" for HOF.

I'll post again when it's updated...

Okay, updated version for you to try if you are so inclined. Paper and pen still work too ;)

Susan/HOF combo now supported. If this happens, you need to enter an "X" in the column next to the ped amount. It adds 2 to the count of hofs/susans/aths, and quadruples the points for that global.

Judges Spreadsheet for WOF Qualifier 2

-Mack

is it possible to know who's on what slot yet or too many left to confirm?

just to get an idea who we're gonna be up with and what slot might need more judges

Was wondering the same for myself, out of curosity who my team would be sharing the (rather limited space) field with, as well as which slots need the most judges. Hurrikane only posted yesterday in the team threads confirming slots, but I can't find anywhere he posted the total info otherwise, so I did a bit of homework on his team thread posts and came up with this for now (he will no doubt correct the unconfirmed ones later for us).

Slot A: Saturday 21st March: 12:00
Sweden, China, Italy

Slot B: Saturday 21st March: 16:00
Eudoria, France, Finland, England, Norway

Slot C: Saturday 21st March: 20:00
Netherlands, Amethera, Poland, Wales, Estonia, Romania, Greece, Scotland

Slot D: Sunday 22nd March: 00:00
Canada, Portugal, Australia, Ireland, USA

Slot E: Sunday 22nd March: 04:00
none yet

unconfirmed Slovenia, Czech Republic, Denmark

I'm bummed...looks like no one will be competing in the only slot I am available for judging. :(

Oh well, maybe get a chance the next round.

BTW, new version of my scoring spreadsheet available. Fixed a bug where MIA penalty was getting multiplied if the team got an ATH. Also cleaned up the header info a lot and added scoring summary table so all the important bits are easy to find at the top. I'll try hard not to mess with it anymore unless someone finds a bug...

Scoring Spreadsheet for Qualifier Round 2

-Mack

For anyone using the scoring spreadsheet I published...

Jade hit upon a issue that I forgot to mention, so just posting now for heads up in future rounds. This version of the spreadsheet is very specific to the 2nd Qualifier round. Not only is the vertical text for the mob/maturity scoring categories unique, but so is the logic behind the scenes that calculates the Variety Bonuses. In this stage, the bonus logic looks at globals by the 10 point mob and the 5 point mob (both Hogglo) and treats them as one unique mob. Last stage the 10 point mob and 5 point mobs were completely different mobs. Confused?

It's okay, the important thing to know is that I will be publishing a new version of the spreadsheet for each stage. Stage 3 has three rounds of hunting, so that spreadsheet will be good for 6 weeks, then I'll publish a new version for Stage 4 and whatever mobs Hurrikane selects for that stage.

Don't try to just change the text in the mob/maturity scoring categories for the next stage unless you change the bonus logic as well. Easier to just grab my new version as I will always publish one for the new stage and that way you will be sure to get any bug fixes I fold in as well.

-Mack

I changed the file name to reflect that it is Stage 2 specific.

Stage 2 Scoring Spreadsheet

Back