FYI: LAG

Evey

Elite
Society
Hardcore
Eve Everglades
I'd like to report LAG!
Lag spikes occur very often. Things were a bit better just before the removal of the iron missions. After the update those terrible lag spikes are back. Find someone who can remove them!!

Edit:
If you experience lag spikes please reply to this thread as apparently MA doesn't understand the kind of lag we have. Please try to describe, maybe someone can be clear enough for them. Maybe in Swedish? Would it be allowed? :D

Last edited:
+1 lagzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Been this way for months and reported by many. I never really noticed any overall improvement, just some times are better than others. Really annoying. This should be their #1 issue.

Yep too much lag they must fix it quickly! I had never seen this before my 8 year break...

they didn't even acknowledge that there's a problem ... not for their crap servers, and also not for their broken instances.

no login, no lag, no problem. :sneaky:

I think someone at MA commented about the lag before I think it was Dennis. He said something about basically they aware of it and can't be bothered to truly fix it in order words, live with it.

I hate this lag and it's really annoying that the lag is so unfair. At least change so the mobs cannot attack you while you're lagging. You get a shit ton of hits all at once making it basically instant death. My lag spikes ranges usually for 5-30s sometimes 1 minute (usually get kicked after 1 min though).

I think someone at MA commented about the lag before I think it was Dennis. He said something about basically they aware of it and can't be bothered to truly fix it in order words, live with it.

Can you confirm this, @Dennis|MindArk ? Is there nothing you can do about this?

Here is what Dennis said about this issue:

Due to higher activity, players can now experience some inconvenience. In short, there isn't a bug to fix to get rid of the lag. There are several areas that could be improved and we are working to continuously release optimization in order to improve client and server performance. This is important for us and we hope to improve the experience for players in the upcoming patches.

The Evil Lag Monster is level 9999. So as long as you're a little low in skills there is no way you can kill that lag :) In fact nobody can... :(

We have been complaining about this since the VU 17.1.0 update was rolled out on March 3rd exactly when the Failed messages and freezing issues started.

We have been complaining about this since the VU 17.1.0 update was rolled out on March 3rd exactly when the Failed messages and freezing issues started.
Then in a semi-recent VU they removed those messages to make it seem like we not having lag anymore. :laugh:

Then in a semi-recent VU they removed those messages to make it seem like we not having lag anymore. :laugh:
Right... Just remove the notifications and the player base will forget the lag is still there.

For a period of time they were gone for me. But back after last VU and it's terrible.

For a period of time they were gone for me. But back after last VU and it's terrible.
For me the lag been back for aprox 2 VUs ago.

Due to higher activity, players can now experience some inconvenience. In short, there isn't a bug to fix to get rid of the lag. There are several areas that could be improved and we are working to continuously release optimization in order to improve client and server performance. This is important for us and we hope to improve the experience for players in the upcoming patches.

There are specific areas that are problems like extreme lag in the caves. That is not the same problem. I get lag every 5-10 minutes for a duration of 3-30 seconds approximately. Can't do anything during this time. When the lag stops the mob has attacked you throughout the entire lag period. This costs players money, and it costs MA money as players are slowed down, and probably play less out of frustration. This is a very fundamental issue and should be a top priority.

There are specific areas that are problems like extreme lag in the caves. That is not the same problem. I get lag every 5-10 minutes for a duration of 3-30 seconds approximately. Can't do anything during this time. When the lag stops the mob has attacked you throughout the entire lag period. This costs players money, and it costs MA money as players are slowed down, and probably play less out of frustration. This is a very fundamental issue and should be a top priority.
Those spikes during a survival/assault run are the end of it and loss of a lot of time and resources. I think the devs can't understand this and they need some videos as the game gets unplayable under these circumstances. And yes, the effects in Cyclops also are a separate thing that was never addressed. The effects there slow everything and cause some rubebrbanding liek it was at Proteron spawn where they fixed, once an Official was called in that spot to ....forward it... so I believe the forum is our only hope, support doesnt seem to forward things anymore

As it has been said dozens of times already, the lag/freeze we're talking about appeared for all those who experience it, on March 3rd, with VU 17.1.0 (happy anniversary, soon 6 months).

It is not possible that all these people to go from ZERO of these lag/freeze to "alot" of them all at once, in one day, just because there would suddenly be more traffic.
And again, as if by chance, right after the implementation of a VU...

That's right that there is more of these lag when more people are ingame, for example on week-end.
But it was already like that before, more people sometimes, and this lag was not here anyway before 3rd March.

So it's obvious that it's due to something you did that day.
Either the VU itself, or some change you would have made in the server infrastructure.

So indeed Denis said that..
Then, isn't it possible Dennis was wrong ?..

Again, nobody were complaining about these lag/freeze before 3rd March. (for good reason, it did not exist...)
Alot people start complaining right after this very day.
Please think twice about this fact.

As it has been said dozens of times already, the lag/freeze we're talking about appeared for all those who experience it, on March 3rd, with VU 17.1.0 (happy anniversary, soon 6 months).

It is not possible that all these people to go from ZERO of these lag/freeze to "alot" of them all at once, in one day, just because there would suddenly be more traffic.

There needs to be some official response to this fact. No ignoring and then blaming COVID, or the old mission system (which is now gone) taking up too much server resources. Everything was fine before 17.1.0. and then immediately after implementation all the problems started.

We have all waited far too long for MindArk to fix the issue.

Everyone pointing out that VU on March while the Dev's look at the sky whistling. Looks like we are talking a different language. Or no one at the office log in into the game?

Even recently on Arkadia I was getting terrible lag and rubber banding sometimes. Resulting in dropping the next bomb too far from where I wanted or too soon.

It was NEVER related with COVID-19 and the increase of player activities, NEVER! But everyone believes in what they want.

The lag is completely frustrating, and mobs have killed me plenty during the spikes. I made a support case about it 2 weeks ago and received an entirely unconcerned response. I found the response to be very disheartening and troubling. Clearly it is time for server upgrades, and I believe the player base deserves them.

If MA would lose because of the lags it would be fixed by now. But hey, it's just them playaz :)

I'm pretty sure somebody at MA wrote down the bug on a post-it and put it on the scrum board with good intent. Then that post-it was lost. Or it fell off. Somehow. Ah, the wind...

BTW, is Dennis an "old guy" or a "new guy"?

Lol you guys are so spoiled! I remember the lag from 3 years ago where I couldn't even go anywhere because the rubber-banding was SO bad that I'd walk towards something and then 5-8 seconds later I'd re-appear where I was 5-8 seconds before. You couldn't go anywhere or do anything during certain times, period. Most people seeing that just logged off.

This went on for most of the summer. People speculated that the trans-atlantic line must be undergoing repairs or something, it seemed to be worse for people in America.

MindArk do log in to the game but they do so in Sweden so I don't think they know what the experience is like for others that are elsewhere on the globe.

But I know that this is something they do care about and are trying to improve.

Try to be helpful instead of just complaining and telling them "this costs us money". First of all it costs them money too, and 2nd, since loot 2.0, your armor and fap decay is (mostly) returned to you in the loot of the mob, so yes it's frustrating and adds to the cost to play but not as much as it used to prior to loot 2.0

Lol you guys are so spoiled! I remember the lag from 3 years ago where I couldn't even go anywhere because the rubber-banding was SO bad that I'd walk towards something and then 5-8 seconds later I'd re-appear where I was 5-8 seconds before. You couldn't go anywhere or do anything during certain times, period. Most people seeing that just logged off.

This went on for most of the summer. People speculated that the trans-atlantic line must be undergoing repairs or something, it seemed to be worse for people in America.

MindArk do log in to the game but they do so in Sweden so I don't think they know what the experience is like for others that are elsewhere on the globe.

But I know that this is something they do care about and are trying to improve.

Try to be helpful instead of just complaining and telling them "this costs us money". First of all it costs them money too, and 2nd, since loot 2.0, your armor and fap decay is (mostly) returned to you in the loot of the mob, so yes it's frustrating and adds to the cost to play but not as much as it used to prior to loot 2.0
You don't get it. This is how hunting is now. Frequent rubberbanding, freezing, making it impossible to hunt endgame because you get easily killed. And IT IS costing us money, them more than us... It's very frustrating, not just at end game, not being able to perform any action for 10-20 seconds in a game like this... Is this being spoiled? Asking to not have these 10-20 seconds lag spikes every 3-5 minutes? And how can we be helpful in this situation? Yeah, I'll suggest more query optimizations, db optimizations, code reviews on any change, an audit of the code.. btu who the fuck cares about my suggestions?
Isn't it sad to know that if the game would grow further, in terms of the playerbase it would simply break? Why? Because the focus is never on fixing this. Mainly because no one understands it there and is not curious to find out what exactly this rubberbanding is, what the lag spikes are. And with the installer being messed up, I'm not going to gamble and try a reinstall (I don't do gambling :D )

I logged in last night and it wasn't as described.

I'm not an IT guy or programmer but I know that MA has sought several optimizations over the years and settled on Amazon hosting for Entropia. I don't think the servers are the problem, I think something in the game is demanding too much resources to resolve and this overwhelms the servers, which normally should be perfectly adequate.

In order to figure out what it is, I think they should do what CCP did back about 10 years ago for EVE Online and analyze the processing carefully to see where the peak loads are at.

Anything short of that and they are just shooting in the dark.

Anyway, sorry if your experience is like that, mine isn't but I was in safe mode and was not hunting. But there has been times in the last 2-3 years re-stocking my shops was painful to do because I had to wait about 20 seconds for info panels and price settings to load and it was very aggravating to me because it slowed down this process to a crawl. Last night was not like that at all for me so that's why I believe it used to be a lot worse.

Maybe we should start a thread like the one from 3 years ago and ask people to share their builds, their lag experience and where they are connecting from. That was kind of what I was hinting at when I said "try to be helpful instead of just complain"

Last edited:
Back