Land Grab 2009

Status
"Category One consists of societies ranked 1-10. Category One societies cannot claim the red-coded land areas 1, 10 and 15, but can claim all the green-coded areas.

Category Two consists of societies ranked 11-50. Category Two societies can claim any land area."

My interpretation of this is that a soc NOT ranked in the top 50 is excluded from claiming anything. Am I wrong?

My interpretation of this is that a soc NOT ranked in the top 50 is excluded from claiming anything. Am I wrong?

That would certainly save them time. The chances of a soc outside the top 50 claiming anything are zero.

well if only i had a society which had a chance at this... guess ill have to wait till next time, and get my skills up in the process.

"Category One consists of societies ranked 1-10. Category One societies cannot claim the red-coded land areas 1, 10 and 15, but can claim all the green-coded areas.

Category Two consists of societies ranked 11-50. Category Two societies can claim any land area."

Think your interpretation is right, Phil.
That is what it says...

doesnt it take long term committment to get to the level to be able to compete in a LG?
Yes, mostly. But what we have is 10-50 UBER gamers that will always remain top50 and a playerbase that is close to ridicoulus (sorry for spelling) in terms of numbers. MA needs to take a few more steps down the advertising road.

Newcomers can always go out with a TT finder and loot a unique armor or just a tower?

You make it sound so easy..Infact, it sounds like heaven to me.. :silly2:

a lot of the people that whine including myself wouldnt stand a chance if we competed, but knowing that we are not even able to participate to try and get a social LA is the problem. If I was able to participate but outskilled as I am, I am happy with that.

Sounds annoying indeed but I guess there was probably no way to avoid that? Are the heats every weekend?

Wistrel

No, WoF is every two weeks (apart from the next round which is a bit weird).

That weekend will be the quarter-finals, so only the best teams are left at that point. Which means a very large proportion of main team members will have a conflict between LG and WoF, on the Saturday, as both events will be happening at the same time.

Looking at the England main 12, I would expect at least 10 of them to be involved in landgrab.

only open to top 50... didn't see that coming :scratch2:

a lot of the people that whine including myself wouldnt stand a chance if we competed, but knowing that we are not even able to participate to try and get a social LA is the problem. If I was able to participate but outskilled as I am, I am happy with that.

You don't have to be in a top soc, there are other ways to participate.

Last year I was a spectator, just watching how things went as I had never experienced a landgrab before.

This year I think I will be offering my services to one of the socs who will be genuinely competing for land. I probably won't be much help but it'll be good experience for me to see how it works from the inside, as it were.

Yeah, "Smaller Socs"

It turns out that "Smaller Socs" means Socs in the top 50, but not the top 10.

That's not smaller socs in my book.

But at least those 40 have a shot now.

Not whinging, just helping you be aware :thumbup:

Ya i read what MA had written.. But thanks.. Soc outside the top 10 are what i consider smaller soc.. They didn't have much of a chance in last landgrab so im sure you understand now. Maybe in landgrab after this one MA will make it for every and all soc but i think this is a good step up from what it was.

Last year I was a spectator, just watching how things went as I had never experienced a landgrab before.

This year I think I will be offering my services to one of the socs who will be genuinely competing for land. I probably won't be much help but it'll be good experience for me to see how it works from the inside, as it were.

Also as Oleg has said it is a blast to just run around in the chaos and get blown up.. Taking screens is also a blast. I have taken screens from every single landgrab so far, i cherish them all dearly :D

Services can be helpful to many societies as well.. Think about hiring a mercenary army to help you out, just paying for their ammo from bravo-foxtrot shots..

yes you can give support, but if not in a top 50 social you cant even attempt at a LA for your own social. but maybe there will be a LA event for all non top 50 socials never know!

Its not the idea if you will succeed, its the idea you are excluded.

Well atleast its not based on the number of members and instead uses the skill level.

I'm not that worried by the rules it just means more ped being spend on ammo with no prospect of loot (except the chance of a LA they can't sell), so more in the loot pool for the rest of us not competing :yay:

Since MindArk fails at communication again, I guess I'LL announce landgrab. :rolleyes:

wait, how has MA failed in communication? :confused:

If there is a tie, the tied societies will have to fight to claim land area 7 at a date announced later.

now THAT might be a fun fight :D

Its not the idea if you will succeed, its the idea you are excluded.

That's my point, you're not excluded.

Your whole soc could offer to help AoW for the day, I bet you'd have great fun :)

You make it sound so easy..Infact, it sounds like heaven to me.. :silly2:

Trick is to be a newcomer...

Since I am neither newcomer or top 10 (or even 100 most likely) I guess it is keep on grinding.

Spectating is of course an option :)

Top 50 soc only?

This is stupid.

I think any Soc can participate in the LA.
The first rule under RULES in their website

Rules

Any designated land grab area can be claimed by any functioning, non- pending, society, except for special category allocated Lands.
(Note that it takes seven days to get a society into a qualified state).

Bam,
That means that the landareas that are marked are for top 50 only.
You think there will be more LA's up for grab that i just didnt see?

i just like tp spectate lol....it's fun as hell (literaly hell with all the pking going on :D)

But i still don't think MA would make LG's for top 50 socs only, that would take away the fun part of LG's :)

so we just have to wait and see.

Pink

"Any society claiming a land area not in their category will be disqualified.
Any society in the Top 50-list per April 8th that increases their membership count by more than 3 will be disqualified."

Am I reading this correctly, that a society can only increase their society by 3 people and not be disqualified? Or is that suppose to read a multiplier of 3 (i.e. 20 member society can have up to 60 members)?

I think that's a bitch move for MA to give absolutely no time for a freelancer, like myself, to join a society in the top 50 and not be penalized. If in fact a society can only add 3 additional members, from the post on FP's website, then First Planet needs to revise that and at least give societies til the end of the Weekend or something to do what they need to do, personnel wise, to get ready for the LG.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not against this rule addition, but you have to agree that we should have more than 0 days, from the announcement of the LG, before this rule takes effect.

I wonder, since they are exluding it to top 50 if maybe, just maybe MA will be nice to those not in top 50 and will exclude everyone in the top 50 from landgrabs on the new planets? That'd be nice.

Storyline could be that the corrupt government forced colonist off the planet to look for a new home to call their own.

what r u talking about??
MA will neither be owner nor administrator of new planets
there's been so much written about the topic:duh:

What idiot decided to put this on a WoF weekend? :banghead:

and your shocked at this? I think it happened last time too? lol

and your shocked at this? I think it happened last time too? lol

I don't think so, wasn't it before WoF started last year?

But yeah, I'm not shocked. Just because MA are officially supporting the WoF, I wouldn't expect them to know when it is :D

"Any society claiming a land area not in their category will be disqualified.
Any society in the Top 50-list per April 8th that increases their membership count by more than 3 will be disqualified."

Am I reading this correctly, that a society can only increase their society by 3 people and not be disqualified? Or is that suppose to read a multiplier of 3 (i.e. 20 member society can have up to 60 members)?

I think that's a bitch move for MA to give absolutely no time for a freelancer, like myself, to join a society in the top 50 and not be penalized. If in fact a society can only add 3 additional members, from the post on FP's website, then First Planet needs to revise that and at least give societies til the end of the Weekend or something to do what they need to do, personnel wise, to get ready for the LG.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not against this rule addition, but you have to agree that we should have more than 0 days, from the announcement of the LG, before this rule takes effect.

I think this +3 member rules only applies to top50 socs. Should be better for non top50 socs tbh...

ok I am confused

First part talks about top 50 socs only

Green areas are open for all societies ranked 1 to 50.

Red areas are exclusive for Category Two societies ranked 11 to 50. The red areas are number 1, 10 and 15, all in contest in phase 3. See Societies-Categories for how societies are divided into categories.

The yellow area, number 7, is a special prize for the society that has claimed the most areas when all other areas have been claimed.

Any society claiming a land area not in their category (i.e. if any society in Category One tries to claim a red-coded land area), will be disqualified. Members of societies that are not qualified for a land area may still assist other societies by fighting in the area, as long as they do not claim the marker.

Societies
Members

The top 50 societies (based on their ranking on Wednesday April 8th) may only increase their member count with 3 as per membership count on Wednesday April 8th.

A society that exceeds this limit may not claim any land. They may still assist other societies.

Categories

Societies are divided into 2 categories depending on their ranking on Wednesday May 27th.

Category One consists of societies ranked 1-10. Category One societies cannot claim the red-coded land areas 1, 10 and 15, but can claim all the green-coded areas.

Category Two consists of societies ranked 11-50. Category Two societies can claim any land area.

The categories will be finalized, set and published on Wednesday May 27th before phase 1 begins. This will be your ranking and category allocation for the duration of the Land Grab event.

But the RULES state

Any designated land grab area can be claimed by any functioning, non- pending, society, except for special category allocated Lands.
(Note that it takes seven days to get a society into a qualified state).

Can someone make a stab at that seeming contradiction.

Regards

Phase 2: Firday May 29th. Land Areas 2, 4, 11, 13, 16, 18 and 19

Phase 3: Saturday May 30th. Land Areas 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 14 and 15.

Not sure that 24h between phase 2 and 3 is one of the best choices. A few days in between the two phases could be a more interesting and productive strategy.

Any society in the Top 50-list per April 8th that increases their membership count by more than 3 will be disqualified.

Argh that blows. So much for LG recruitment. I think MA put too many limitations on this one, it's best to try and get ALL societies to compete, including non-top 50 societies. More peds for MA = less ped that has to be taken out of our loot.

whats with the crying about excluding top 50 socs, its supposed to be a fight amongst the best not a fluffy carebear outreach for all.

I think this +3 member rules only applies to top50 socs. Should be better for non top50 socs tbh...

Well, this it a top 50 soc only LG, at least the way I read it. I'm going to be joining a top 50 soc anyways so it does apply. But my point is more that First Planet just made the official announcement today and isn't giving people who want to join a top 50 soc for the LG time to do so and not be limited to the 3 person rule.

Status
Back