Let's tell to Mindark what to do for saving EU economy

As far it goes for (L) items its pure profit for MA, because those items will be reduced to decay and they gain money of it, because, in the end L item is going to be used (if not TT-ed)
so it is purely in MA-s interest that L-s drop. I was against L items way back when they were introduced, and now i must say they make a this game a better place.

Guys from MA know exactly how to get thier cash up, it just actually is really slow, i personally think CND, appartments, LA-s and other "Estate Deed" stuff is nothing more but the profit injections MA creates in order to patch up their budget, since those items have 0.01 tt value, they have a few year expirience and they are doing well.

But the price drop is tied to global economic crysis i think, it just shows people are scared to pay, so the demand is lower, so the prices drop, many uber and rich players are trying to get rid of the value in items and are looking forward to $ growth and probably getting some decent amount of cash out of the game. I mean, just look at it, adjfap dropped more than 10k in value, tangos about 13k, ml 35 at least 10k, ml 45 at least 15k, more than half, adjstark 10k at least. And people are confused, there is chaos on the market.

For example i sold my AS-98 a month ago for tt+ 800 and i saw someone few days later not being able to sell it for tt+500, same for Adj.97, people buff up prices desperatly up to tt+13k, but noone bids on the active auction that is only tt+10k.

These are weird times, and i recommend, keep your cash steady, use (L) because it is great and it costs less than you may loose with buying something high end and loosing on markup value, prices will settle down and once they do, get your cash going and buy yourself something nice in half the price. :yay:

Oh and, dont worry about MA, they know what to do ;)

All i can think off right now is where is the balancemanager ???
Or did they kick him a vew months ago for mismanagement :D

greetings,

bigdeal

we need more players so there's more demand

There hasn't been a large influx of players since CND was introduced.

we need more players so there's more demand

There hasn't been a large influx of players since CND was introduced.

I second that.. More players.. But how? Sure they can attract 160.000 new accounts by resleasing a huge thing that costs 2M ped...but we all know only 100 of those people will stay 2 years from that point.. MA's gotta do something about the game for the bucks..

I think Ingame economy reflects the real world economy.
With the world on the brink of a depression that will dwarf the
one in the 30's, it will take some time for things to recover.
It's just the way things are when you have a RCE.

But what can MA do to soften the blow and help retain
the stored assets and values ingame?
Well, first off, and most important, get out of the US$.
When the dollar finally goes over the edge tnx to Mr Bernake
and friends, your Mod fap won't buy you a pack of bubblegum.

Secondly, MA has to make the "game" more affordable to
the average person.
This means less revenue for MA ofcorse.
That's why it's so important to get the CE2 boat in the
water and stop stalling.
We need lots of new players to counteract for falling
revenues for MA, or they might be in for a realy rough ride too.

Just to add to my previous post;
Today Mr Bernanke and his happy tree friends decided to crank up
the speed on their printing presses and cough up a
staggering $1 Trillion, With a T! That's 1.000 Billion dollar.
What do you guys think THAT will do to the Dollar?
I'll tell you.
It starts with "H" and ends with "yperinflation"

Geeezz......This is going to go south realy fast.

I think i'll go and kill some troxes now.

Last edited:
As far it goes for (L) items its pure profit for MA, because those items will be reduced to decay and they gain money of it, because, in the end L item is going to be used (if not TT-ed)
so it is purely in MA-s interest that L-s drop. I was against L items way back when they were introduced, and now i must say they make a this game a better place.

Guys from MA know exactly how to get thier cash up, it just actually is really slow, i personally think CND, appartments, LA-s and other "Estate Deed" stuff is nothing more but the profit injections MA creates in order to patch up their budget, since those items have 0.01 tt value, they have a few year expirience and they are doing well.

But the price drop is tied to global economic crysis i think, it just shows people are scared to pay, so the demand is lower, so the prices drop, many uber and rich players are trying to get rid of the value in items and are looking forward to $ growth and probably getting some decent amount of cash out of the game. I mean, just look at it, adjfap dropped more than 10k in value, tangos about 13k, ml 35 at least 10k, ml 45 at least 15k, more than half, adjstark 10k at least. And people are confused, there is chaos on the market.

For example i sold my AS-98 a month ago for tt+ 800 and i saw someone few days later not being able to sell it for tt+500, same for Adj.97, people buff up prices desperatly up to tt+13k, but noone bids on the active auction that is only tt+10k.

These are weird times, and i recommend, keep your cash steady, use (L) because it is great and it costs less than you may loose with buying something high end and loosing on markup value, prices will settle down and once they do, get your cash going and buy yourself something nice in half the price. :yay:

Oh and, dont worry about MA, they know what to do ;)

Thats concrete point of wiev. I am also think that MA realy beter know what is best for ingame economy as they are creator of this universe anyway. PPL was complaining and will be complaining no mater what MA do. I am here for over 6 years now and i must say that most things MA do to economy serving players well, even if they do not notice that directly. Everyone can have diferent complains due to his particular interest, but only MA not any participant has even necessary data to look at things like prices, items drops, ore MU etc and their influence on overall game economy. More over, if they make that world and keep it runing for few years so far they for sure got beter knowledge about making customers hapier than some 18 years old player who even dont run own bussines and id just pissed that his super unL item lost value or he lost some peds during last hunt.

I agree mate, just see many friends miners not so happy to TT all their ores, if it's good that prices go a bit down it's a damn shit to see that many that had a markup atm are TT food, that's not a good economy if most of items have no value more than TT...

We tted many ores and enmatter back in 2003 and also 2004 because they had no real use and therefor no one wanted them. E.g. gold, durulium and so on.

Did we / EU survive anyhow ?Well, seems so, since you apparently joined after that and are still here.

Did we back then had similar threads / complaints like this ? Heck yeah and since 2003 its darn annoying and also kind of amazing how people think they can do a better job of maintaining the economy of EU than the creator itself who has a way better insight of how things are connected to each other and how even a slight change in loot behavior will affect everyone and everything in EU.

Did MA listen to all this ? Well, hopefully not, because I trust them more than a bunch of players who always seek for their own advantage, e.g. the miners will always be in favor of a better mark-up on ores or enmatter, the crafter is quite the opposite for obvious reasons and the then hunter is most effected of what both get since his hunting costs are related to that.

All MA staff should try to put 100 $ of their own property and seeing how long thay can play with these...

It's too easy to manage the changes without paying for that, I'm sure that atm this game costs too much to everyone so MA should try it with their own wallet and then maybe something will be fixed

MA should implement the CE2 and make it solid. Rock solid! Than they should have one or two development technicians and one support guy.. This is beside the management group... Don't employ shitloads of people, we have to pay for it!

Sorry - this is one of the biggest reasons companies do poorly. Scrimping on IT is bad business... and I don't say that just because that's my profession.

[BUT - since I said it, I got hit by the lay-offs - FPC hire me!!]

Just to add to my previous post;
Today Mr Bernanke and his happy tree friends decided to crank up
the speed on their printing presses and cough up a
staggering $1 Trillion, With a T! That's 1.000 Billion dollar.
What do you guys think THAT will do to the Dollar?
I'll tell you.
It starts with "H" and ends with "yperinflation"

Geeezz......This is going to go south realy fast.

I think i'll go and kill some troxes now.

Yep - we certainly voted in the "right" politicians didn't we? /end sarcasm

Sorry, I read only the starting post, not all 5 pages answer, so my apologies if already said but...

IMHO, any action ingame will have poor effect, except fixing the loot balance (less 40K ATH and more "regular" loot"), but it seems hardcoded now, so lets forget it. :rolleyes:

What I hope to help the EU economy is only people to deposit a little more. Why should they deposit when we all have a RL crisis? I think MA should take the opportunity of the crisis and low mood, and organize funny and exctiting stuff down there, where the people would be willing to participate to forget their RL unemployment and other issues. :ahh:

The prices going silly was one of the reasons i left.

With current price trend decreasing, i am actually thinking about coming back, so IMO its a good thing :D

Pinky is back! WB!! :yay:

You don't know me and I don't expect you to remember me after this, but I created my PE/EU (don't remember) account a long time ago and read one of your posts discussing the decline in profits for sweating and making money back then.

I found your reasoning impressive. Frankly, your comparison with how things used to be almost caused me to not give EU a chance. I spent a long time in that other 3D/VR universe after that.

However, I got to thinking that despite your assessment of the economic conditions you were still in-game. That other universe is at the same time interesting, frustrating and not very stable and was becoming ever-more focused on gambling/sex/drugs so I decided to give EU that chance based on your writing.

I'm glad I did! So again, WB!! [Hopefully ;)]

1) The average loot drop thing....needs to be balanced to the way it was -when I first started I had much better average loots, less major losses, didn't mind decay repairs much then.

2) Drop more useful shit!! If I loot one more kitchen table, I am gonna fucking scream....what am I suppose to do, throw it at the Estophyls?
Hunters should get hunting loot, Miners get mining loot....Interior Decorators get the Furniture and Draperies....

about the only thing id like to see changed what i think is hurting the game is the daily ubers at noobmobs

i dont think in the past 2 years ive seen an uber at trox old aplha/stalker..yet i see daily troxubers around 20k ped at young/mature

thta is just silly..not only that to get an uber you better hunt he lowest maturity..but also..why so freaking high ?

lower the uberhofs and up the average loot....i see a lot of players complaining about the average loot..whereas a couple years ago before the daily uberhofs there was much less whining..cause average was higher and no stupid uberhofs

Agreed, I've been here 5 plus years, have decent skills, gear, and HP. Hunting frigging baby mobs sucks, it's uninteresting and I'd sure be alot more happy if I could get some decent returns (just decent avg returns) from hunting higher end mobs. Anyone who hunts higher end mobs will tell ya, they loot like shit! The lower maturity equivilent pay much better on avg and uber much more frequently.

WHERE IS MY INCENTIVE! Please don't make me chip out and withdrawl so I can hunt baby mobs all the time and be self sustaining......... :rolleyes:

Well

Seems everyone's in for their two pecs, so heres mine.

I Agree with most of the posters in this (so far 5 pages) long thread, saying that the uberloots of some 50-100k should be less frequent, but I Would also like to add that instead of having 50 ped "globals" now and then, or some higher ones of 100-3000 ped including no usefull stuff (perhaps a heap of atrox bones, or as in my only uber, a few thousand bottles of useless animal oil) I would like to see, as again many others stated before me, some ITEMS.

Fine, perhaps the economy around armor sets would take a bad hit if there were more usefull armor sets available, but to be completely honest, there is a HUGE gap between Ghost which is affordable by anyone and usable against allmost all mobs given the right combination of evade/dodge, plates and weapon, to the uberarmors that you can hunt everything with (supremacy, carramone, etc).

Even the ones only slightly better than Ghost right now cost WAY too much, because there just arent enough of them ingame to satisfy the population, and some miniuber armors like Salamander have the exact same problem, Sal being basically a SEG hunting EQ (has really no defence against say trox), there are too few on the market to justify people purchasing it for the occasional SEG hunt (unless you have rediculous ammounts of money).

So my tip for the balance is, drop more UL ITEMS, be it armor sets or weapons, to fill the gap between common everyday items and uber items, this will motivate the midlevel players aswell as keep people struggling to become better when they know there is "that set" available after a certain skill level to take on that particular mob.

Dam what a rant.. did anyone read this?

PS. If I Would loot big, i would invest in gear for sure, i really want those pricy items i cant even afford in my dreams! Imp fap, Shadow set/Supremacy set/Chronicle set, Imp MK2, Mod Merc, what have you! :D I Love this game! (as i stated in another thread)
// Exo

A lower economy will help encourage new players to join. If PE had the economy it had 3-4 years ago, with the exposure it has today - I believe the player base would be a whole large larger.

Drop more UL items, encourage the prices to drop a bit - encourage new players to join and stay. The economy will rise again and probably become mroe stable.

we had stupid and hilarious price on almost everything, now this is getting real again, whats the problem ?

I think its no use to tell MA anything they has there way whatever we say its theres company not ours. :wise: or :lam:

Better :beerchug:

I've said it before:

Basic EU economy is that we earn from each other and MA takes decay and some fees like auction fees. So if we can do/find/loot stuff that other demand the economy should work.

I think one thing that would help would be to give all a basic estate.

If all had a basic estate the demand for crafted and looted stuff could grove. And if there was a big set of unique or non common blps that people could use to craft estate items. MA could throw in ad items in loot. Like 200 cans of Coke totally ingame or movie posters in limited numbers etc. People who loot them could sell with markup or keep to decorate estates. The ad message will come to the community via EF and other forums since everyone who loots it will probably tell on forums.

Same with clothes. Drop more bps, they could for example drop limited bps with once again the Coke logo. If there where only 100 coke T-shirts ingame the price would raice.

Buty, same here: MA pleace take a trip to Africa or google some haircuts and add at least 2-3 new per months so that the vain people can update there looks. The demand for hairgel/spray etc would raise since the butisians need to skill to get the new haircuts and with a low amount of people who can make these they can take higher prices and if they earn more they can pay better for things they use. (or just crash it with implementation of crafted wigs :D )

MA would need to add a lot of content all the time to keep the fire burning, but I'm pretty sure that it

Well, it's strange luck, but after my complaint of "kitchen tables" someone above had to be listening.....the next estophyl hunt gave my wife all the kitchen tables, and gave me something of actual value and usage!! Looted a Genisis Neflheim (L)!!!! maybe I should complain more often out loud???

Look at the people who stopped playing or are playing a lot less. Most of them do so because it has gotten way to expensive to play. A lot of uber >2k ped drops but average loot sucks. The few people who get one are happy for the moment but i have heared people that lost it again inside 2 weeks.

Uber loots > 2k need to be rare mayby once a week in each category the ones > 10k need to be mayby once a month. Doing this average loot can increase to normal acceptable levels. This will cause players to have a much better value for money experience while still maintaining the jackpot gambling feeling. Also players will play more hours again. The higher the total amount of active player hours is the more stable the in game economy is. MA needs to focus on a stable in game economy. Player retention is the first thing the second is getting more new players in. Most new players now come in due that a friend is playing.

MA events need to be balanced in order to avoid a skewed economy. At this moment the event is causing to many people to mine and craft but to few people hunt to be able to buy all the L armor/weapons crafted. I approve of events where miners and crafters also have opportunities but since hunting is the biggest engine of the economy it is unhealthy to have a to big of a slowdown in this one.

I still believe this game can be great but only if the player base gets a lot bigger so the game economy gets more stable. Economy learns that for a good economy consumer confidence is important so that there is a high sales turnover. Everyone is very carefull at this moment. And for the most part it has nothing to do with the wait for the cryengine release. Most people only hope for that one because the hope more people will start playing (again) and that is because everyone hopes/feels that the ingame will then improve again.

By the way look at the amount of hours i am playing atm in my sig. (normal is between 30 and 40) I think that says enough about my personal feelings.

Cheers
Siam

What the hell are you expecting from this company?

Remains of playerbase, is still blinded by some incoming "golden age". I see it as a form of slavery. Everything MA will do will not affect if u stay or not and MA know this.
Biggest problem is here not MA, because they are doing only what they are allowed to do, but players, who simply cannot quit for some time.

Maybe this is the right time to wake up and change the qusetion from "How can MA improve gameplay" to " What can I do to improve gameplay?".

Ignoring the fact that Im too weak to leave is ignoring the main problem here.

Im sure if you all hang in there long enough hell WILL freeze over and the game will give you what you want.

LOL.... it is good that everything is going so cheap! I dont event want that there was anything expensive as u want to be... I think MA is doing good thing for letting the prices go down but not enought they should do smthng whit those "rare" items like imp fap or smthng if i am right it cost like 30k USD~ so wtf? they should be cheaper... All i want to say is this is big shi* that in game where is like 800 000 register account and half of them playing or even less and that not a big number but items are so f*** expensive... again WTF? real cash economy? Ok cool real cash etc but if i wanted to do 50% of things u can do in EU i would needed to deposit 200k USD or smthng or sweat 40 years...

Now this has probably been said already but I missed it. Someone mentioned that the way loot is going EU may as well be gambling. Well this is a somewhat accurate statement. The three main activities in EU (Hunting, Mining, Crafting) are and always have been like gambling. However it is a modified form of gambling, one it which through skills, better items etc. you can increase your chances of winning. Now I am not saying I agree with it but it seems MA has found that the way the loot pool is set up right now increases their profit and through the history of the game it seems keeping people happy has always been secondary to money for MA.

Also as has been stated before a lot of people that get one big uber lose it again in a couple weeks. They lose it because they buy new equipment, hunt more frequently, waste there money in ways they wouldn't have before because it seems like it doesn't matter at the time. The same thing often happens in the real world when people win the lottery, people spend, spend, spend and end up right back where they were. When you give it a second look it is crazy how well EU mirrors the real world.

Back