Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
Press release from Companies

Published: 2023-08-15 08:00:00

Mindark PE Aktiebolag: Letter from MindArk's CEO, Q3 2023​

Dear valued shareholders,

It is a great pleasure to continue with the CEO letters, a platform allowing me to share the latest developments at MindArk and Entropia Universe. I trust that each of you has returned (or will shortly return) refreshed from your summer vacation, hopefully, undeterred by the occasional downpour we have experienced in many parts of Sweden. I'm eager for the rest of the year, and I hope you are too!

For those who have been keeping an attentive eye on MindArk and our recent series of press releases, you are already aware of the transformation that is ongoing. Our strategic vision has led us to execute a comprehensive reorganization, with a pivotal focus on harnessing the power of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and utilizing it in the development of Entropia Universe. Using AI will help the teams tackle development in the most effective and time-efficient way possible. This resolute step forward has not been without its challenges, including the difficult but necessary decision to part ways with a part of our dedicated workforce. The restructuring has the added benefit of facilitating the MindArk Board's decision to resume payments of dividends to the shareholders in addition to steering MindArk towards sustained innovation and growth in the digital landscape. The reorganization was completed during the summer, and as we move into the last month of the summer, the remaining dedicated team will continue to provide value for our users and shareholders, expanding on the vision for Entropia Universe to create an even more versatile virtual universe than what we have continuously developed for the past 20 years. While one part of our team is focused on the development of Entropia Universe in Unreal Engine, we remain committed to enriching the ongoing experience of our current live Entropia Universe, ensuring our users are continually captivated with fresh content and immersive entertainment.

Turning our attention to matters of visibility and engagement, our work to improve the exposure of MindArk's share continues. The equity research firm Kalqyl released their initial report of MindArk during the summer (source: https://kalqyl.se/initial-take-mindark), and we feel that Pareto as a liquidity provider has been a positive added benefit. As we head toward autumn, our ambition is to increase the participation of meet-ups for both gaming and investor communities.

We have an exciting time ahead of us, and we hope you will all be a part of our journey. Thank you for taking the time to read this letter, and until next time, I wish you all the best!

Best regards,
Henrik Nel Jerkrot, CEO
hennel@mindark.com
Tel: 031 607 260
About MindArk
MindArk PE AB (publ) (“the Company” or “MindArk”) develops and operates Entropia Universe, the world's first MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role-playing Game) with a “Real-Cash-Economy”, and Entropia Platform. Entropia Universe is a virtual universe consisting of a number of planets with different themes and activities. The software is provided globally and free of charge with the possibility to spend money in the virtual universe for anyone with access to PC and the internet. Entropia Universe consists of a digital economy where resources, materials, land, and buildings are represented as digital assets with an underlying base value. Entropia Platform is the technology platform that powers Entropia Universe. The platform is shared with partners who develop their own unique game content for their planets in Entropia Universe.

copy pasted from here:
https://spotlightstockmarket.com/en/market-overview/news//news-article?id=97151

you has returned (or will shortly return) refreshed from your summer vacation,
As someone who gets off all summer. I feel offended.

EDIT: That's it? Another communication to say that they are going to communicate?

Last edited:
As someone who gets off all summer. I feel offended.

EDIT: That's it? Another communication to say that they are going to communicate?
Yea. It was a hollow press statement that was near copy of what was already stated and was largely a giant word salad. There's no substance here except for perhaps the liquidity provider remark, which is not meaningful to users (not that this PR was meant for us).

These releases are always a striking display where the company's greatest savings potential is. And the most interesting parts are always those which are not said. Like, in light of the workforce having been enlarged not too long ago, what caused the change.

Commenting on the earlier announcement of the same content, I also said it would be interesting to learn more about what exactly they do with AI. The default assumption is a more sophisticated copy&paste, and a more advanced one that it's already good enough to replace the now dismissed workforce. To note, I don't mean this as a moral issue, it's a simple reality if we're there already. I retired from this years ago, just curious. (And if the answer is yes, we know who it's going to replace next... who's gonna feed the lonely dog?)

CEO's always communicate this way... nothing special to say, say nothing. that is normal statement.

if you read the FULL analysis it is pretty clear that 2020 was a special year for COVID-Home-Detention of playerbase.
ebit was 20% and now it is back to 5..6%
analyst forecast a 2024 EBIT to 33%.... COME ON
this is only posible if the player base rises 7x at same conditions.
this analysis is totally biased froma perception of
a. delivery of unreal within 2023
b. EPIC game store success to attract a 10x playerbase

i can not back statement a. and hence statement b. is automagically denied.
sorry this is too optimistic, as well as a rise of 84% in the share.
MA can not be taken over so such a rise is not justified.

cannot RIG the stocks like Pyrite, sorry ... in stock market it is a criminal offense.
i dismiss this as "daydreaming"

"While one part of our team is focused on the development of Entropia Universe in Unreal Engine..."
Hope other Planet Partners are alsow working so hard :ROFLMAO: or soon will be disconnected from platform with need to buy "franchise" to hold dead planets.

Ahhhhh the AI (trademark) :) (unless someone else already used that one)

guess AI will now generate the cut and paste answer like "... will be forwarded to the development team..." or what ever the other 3 or 4 responses they give out that really says "your not important enough to assist"

i also like the part about a "resolute step" - translation - we fired people to pay ourselves more dividends and will now use AI to try and make good on what we said we were going to do.

what could possibly go wrong ?

Key phrase here is "... resume payments of dividends to the shareholders..."
The value of these equivalents of a politician's speech to shareholders is not one bit greater than the value of the typical canned messages or non-responses to the rest of us. Shareholders like competent players take the information they need from hard numbers.

For those who don't like deciphering "text walls."

Key Takeaways - by chatgpt

Sentiment : positive, optimistic​
  1. Positive Outlook: The CEO expresses pleasure in communicating with shareholders and conveys a positive outlook for the future of the company.
  2. Summer Activities: The letter acknowledges the summer vacation period and hopes that shareholders have returned refreshed, despite some rainy weather in Sweden.
  3. Strategic Transformation: MindArk has undergone a comprehensive reorganization driven by a strategic vision. The primary focus is on utilizing Artificial Intelligence (AI) for the development of Entropia Universe to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
  4. Workforce Changes: The reorganization involves making difficult decisions, including letting go of a part of the workforce. Despite the challenges, the goal is to achieve sustained innovation and growth.
  5. Dividends and Innovation: The reorganization enables the company to resume dividend payments to shareholders. The focus is on steering MindArk toward innovation and growth in the digital landscape.
  6. Development and Expansion: The remaining dedicated team is focused on expanding the vision for Entropia Universe, with ongoing development in Unreal Engine. The goal is to create a more versatile virtual universe.
  7. User Engagement: The company remains committed to providing fresh content and immersive entertainment to users of the live Entropia Universe, ensuring ongoing engagement.
  8. Visibility and Engagement: MindArk is working on improving the visibility of its shares. The company's equity research report has been released, and they aim to increase engagement with both gaming and investor communities through meet-ups.
  9. Exciting Future: The CEO emphasizes the exciting times ahead and invites shareholders to be part of the company's journey.

Last edited:
Can chatgpt calculate the probability that any text provided for analysis actually came from some other chatgpt answer?
Can it at least determine to what level a text is consistent with its own likely output, even if it doesn't know the parameters originally set?

For me, the letter appears to be of human origin, although not very humanly human in terms of empathy. It looks more like attempting empathy, but without understanding what that actually is. I can thus see why people think it may have come from an LLM.
Points awarded = 2/10 for a text of high linguistic quality, but (almost?) completely devoid of "what matters"...

I am not investing in any more Deeds, if that the motive of MA CEO as the advisor to MA has recommended more deeds releases.

Can chatgpt calculate the probability that any text provided for analysis actually came from some other chatgpt answer?
Can it at least determine to what level a text is consistent with its own likely output, even if it doesn't know the parameters originally set?

For me, the letter appears to be of human origin, although not very humanly human in terms of empathy. It looks more like attempting empathy, but without understanding what that actually is. I can thus see why people think it may have come from an LLM.
Points awarded = 2/10 for a text of high linguistic quality, but (almost?) completely devoid of "what matters"...
These are just standard text blocks for all similar occasions, seen them hundreds of times and it has been around long before ChatGPT. I mean, they had to feed the LLM with what's already there, all the machine does is putting stuff together well enough so that it looks proper. It could have been used for this letter or not, like you can google what to write on a wedding congratulation card when the need arises and you get to pick from a sufficiently limited selection to not overwhelm you. Add one or two specific items, like the remark about the restructuring which was already known, and it seems almost human. Empathy is totally out of place in the business world.

if you red the analyst report is it IMHO based on unrealistic assumptions.
Shares will not grow 85%, they might grow in value just in case of a devaluation of USD vs SEK because company has PED liabilities. i did not see FX Hedge (i might be wrong) in the annual report so a rise in EUR ag. USD benefits the company (US printed way more money than EU).
The analyst seems young enough to criticize himself in the next review of the company so price prohections blaming some strange thing will be reduced to 40% rise.....
again company can not be taken over so it is not a target. if it goes 60% floating on exchange i will gladly lead a player takeover... we have as a community cross-skills to run this company.. would be the first PBO (Player's buyout in history :) )

Highlighting dividend payments to shareholders as a positive outcome off the back of staff layoffs is not a good look ! Overall sentiment may be positive but it's laced with several potentially negative implications and consequences.

Last edited:
Well since everyone talking about chatGPT... I had it do a re-write with a little more.... ah... shall we say.... "flare" ,-)

Dear incredibly treasured shareholders,

Oh, how absolutely thrilled I am to grace you, our adored and beloved shareholders, with yet another riveting installment of the CEO letters! This esteemed platform provides me with the unparalleled opportunity to regale you with the most scintillating updates from the illustrious realm of MindArk and the ever-enticing Entropia Universe. I must simply assume that each and every one of you has basked in the most refreshing of summer vacations, undaunted by the minor inconvenience of those sporadic rain showers that were of course prevalent in various parts of dear old Sweden. Ah, the anticipation is simply overwhelming! I can only hope that you too are brimming with insurmountable enthusiasm for the remainder of this seemingly glorious year, just as I am.

Oh, to those astute individuals who have diligently kept one eye fixed on the ever-illustrious MindArk and our most enthralling series of press releases, you are no doubt already privy to the extraordinary transformation that is currently unfolding before your very eyes. Our strategic vision has led us down the path of executing an absolutely comprehensive reorganization, with a particular emphasis on tapping into the prodigious power of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and leveraging its might in the development of none other than Entropia Universe itself. By employing AI, our ingenious teams will surely conquer the treacherous realms of development with unparalleled efficiency and unfathomable expediency. Of course, this audacious leap forward has come with its fair share of challenges – including the agonizing yet vital decision to bid farewell to a fraction of our devoted workforce. But fear not, dear shareholders, for such measures are but mere stepping stones on the magnificent journey towards our ultimate destination of sustained innovation and unprecedented growth in the vast expanse of the digital landscape. This majestic reorganization reached its glorious culmination during the summer months, as we now enter the exhilarating realm of the final month of this sacred season. Rest assured, the remnants of our fiercely dedicated team shall continue to shower upon you, our revered users and shareholders, an abundance of indescribable value. We shall expand upon the visionary ambitions of Entropia Universe, crafting a versatile virtual realm that far surpasses anything we have ever conjured in the mere two decades that have passed us by. While one faction of our illustrious team remains adamantly focused on the development of Entropia Universe in the captivating Unreal Engine, indulge yourselves in the blissful knowledge that we unwaveringly remain committed to enriching the existing tapestry of our beloved live Entropia Universe. Yes, dear users, expect nothing less than a ceaseless stream of fresh content and a barrage of astonishingly immersive entertainment that shall keep you perpetually enthralled.

Now, let us direct our esteemed attention towards matters of utmost significance, that being the ever-important realms of visibility and engagement. Rest assured, our tireless efforts to enhance the exposure of MindArk's share have been nothing short of extraordinary. Oh, how exultant we are to announce the release of Kalqyl's initial report on MindArk during this delectable summer season (source: https://kalqyl.se/initial-take-mindark). We must confess, the profound influence of Pareto as a liquidity provider has proven to be an unequivocally positive and invaluable addition to our esteemed repertoire. As we hesitantly bid farewell to the sun-drenched days of summer and begrudgingly embrace the crisp allure of autumn, it is our audacious aspiration to unfathomably amplify the participation in meet-ups for both the gaming and investor communities. Oh, how we long to witness the exponential growth of these gatherings, where the fervent passions of both realms collide in glorious harmony.

Oh, the pure ecstasy that lies before us, dear shareholders! How our hearts palpitate with unrivaled exhilaration at the mere thought of the enthralling times that lie ahead. We fervently hope that each and every one of you will have the distinct pleasure of accompanying us on this extraordinary odyssey. With sincerest gratitude, we extend our heartfelt thanks for graciously bestowing your precious time upon the reading of this illustrious letter. Until we meet again on this hallowed platform, we extend our most fervent wishes for nothing short of the absolute best! Farewell, dear shareholders, until our paths intertwine once more!

ROFLMAO just had it do a 2nd re-write. I'm dying laughing!!!

I better not post though.... MA might not see the funny side!

edit: Seriously... my jaw is on the floor... it's like it knows them!

Last edited:
nah just told it to be sarcastic or something - just looked him up though and I can see what you mean XD

Last edited:
Press release from Companies

Published: 2023-08-15 08:00:00

Mindark PE Aktiebolag: Letter from MindArk's CEO, Q3 2023​

Dear valued shareholders,

It is a great pleasure to continue with the CEO letters, a platform allowing me to share the latest developments at MindArk and Entropia Universe. I trust that each of you has returned (or will shortly return) refreshed from your summer vacation, hopefully, undeterred by the occasional downpour we have experienced in many parts of Sweden. I'm eager for the rest of the year, and I hope you are too!

For those who have been keeping an attentive eye on MindArk and our recent series of press releases, you are already aware of the transformation that is ongoing. Our strategic vision has led us to execute a comprehensive reorganization, with a pivotal focus on harnessing the power of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and utilizing it in the development of Entropia Universe. Using AI will help the teams tackle development in the most effective and time-efficient way possible. This resolute step forward has not been without its challenges, including the difficult but necessary decision to part ways with a part of our dedicated workforce. The restructuring has the added benefit of facilitating the MindArk Board's decision to resume payments of dividends to the shareholders in addition to steering MindArk towards sustained innovation and growth in the digital landscape. The reorganization was completed during the summer, and as we move into the last month of the summer, the remaining dedicated team will continue to provide value for our users and shareholders, expanding on the vision for Entropia Universe to create an even more versatile virtual universe than what we have continuously developed for the past 20 years. While one part of our team is focused on the development of Entropia Universe in Unreal Engine, we remain committed to enriching the ongoing experience of our current live Entropia Universe, ensuring our users are continually captivated with fresh content and immersive entertainment.

Turning our attention to matters of visibility and engagement, our work to improve the exposure of MindArk's share continues. The equity research firm Kalqyl released their initial report of MindArk during the summer (source: https://kalqyl.se/initial-take-mindark), and we feel that Pareto as a liquidity provider has been a positive added benefit. As we head toward autumn, our ambition is to increase the participation of meet-ups for both gaming and investor communities.

We have an exciting time ahead of us, and we hope you will all be a part of our journey. Thank you for taking the time to read this letter, and until next time, I wish you all the best!

Best regards,
Henrik Nel Jerkrot, CEO
hennel@mindark.com
Tel: 031 607 260
About MindArk
MindArk PE AB (publ) (“the Company” or “MindArk”) develops and operates Entropia Universe, the world's first MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role-playing Game) with a “Real-Cash-Economy”, and Entropia Platform. Entropia Universe is a virtual universe consisting of a number of planets with different themes and activities. The software is provided globally and free of charge with the possibility to spend money in the virtual universe for anyone with access to PC and the internet. Entropia Universe consists of a digital economy where resources, materials, land, and buildings are represented as digital assets with an underlying base value. Entropia Platform is the technology platform that powers Entropia Universe. The platform is shared with partners who develop their own unique game content for their planets in Entropia Universe.

copy pasted from here:
https://spotlightstockmarket.com/en/market-overview/news//news-article?id=97151

A translation for the kalqyl.se report on MA:

SECTOR:
Entertainment

Initial take: MindArk
Published 2023.07.24

We begin coverage of MindArk PE ("MindArk" or the "Company"), a Swedish entertainment company that has developed and operated the game Entropia Universe since 2003. The game is a so-called massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG) and has a unique economic model, where players can buy and sell virtual goods and earn real money in the game.

Long history

MindArk has a long history and, since its inception in 2003, has increased its turnover with a CAGR of just over 16.5%. Profitability has varied from year to year, but the company has shown positive results in the majority of years since its founding.

New game engine

MindArk is currently in the process of upgrading the game engine to Unreal Engine 5, which will provide players with a more realistic gaming experience with improved graphics, content and performance. In addition, the company will be able to launch Entropia Universe on more platforms, such as mobile and game console. The upgrade requires investments that cost money and take a lot of time from the company's developers.

Reorganization

In order to maintain profitability in connection with the large costs of upgrading the game engine, the company has announced a comprehensive reorganization, where up to 40% of employees may be notified, while the company increases its focus on integrating AI into the business. If the measure is successful, our assessment is that the company faces a strong improvement in profitability. Given the company's financial history, solid balance sheet and future growth opportunities, we believe that there may be upside in the stock going forward. In our main scenario where we have applied a margin of safety of 45%, we see a potential upside in the stock of just over 83% for 2025E.

will provide players with a more realistic gaming experience with improved graphics, content and performance.
Well... that remains to be SEEn...

the company will be able to launch Entropia Universe on more platforms, such as mobile and game console
Be able indeed... but this has been talked about for a decade already so... you know... mileage may vary...

In order to maintain profitability in connection with the large costs of upgrading the game engine, the company has announced a comprehensive reorganization, where up to 40% of employees may be notified, while the company increases its focus on integrating AI into the business.
Wondering what the engine costs now... at development stage... thinking surely the bulk of the cost of developing the game on Unreal would be the staffing costs... and in theory there is no way of getting away from those... so sure... save money by cutting staff... but that still leaves the problem of who will make untropia if 40% of staff have gone.... oh yes of course AI...
we believe that there may be upside in the stock going forward
maybe because it already los... but best not talk about that ,-)

Back