Loot pool explained-

It's been said by Marco himself that MA makes their money from decay only (well off the players). That would mean that auction fee's, items purchased from MA itself, deposit fee's - would all be transferred back into the games loot pool (I assume)

Yes but does it go to my personal loot pool, or to the general loot pool that gives ATH to people that deserve it less then me? :scratch2:

Yes but does it go to my personal loot pool, or to the general loot pool that gives ATH to people that deserve it less then me? :scratch2:

a lot % to your personal lootpool
a little % to general lootpool

disclaimer: I have nothing to base this on apart from my gut feeling

It's been said by Marco himself that MA makes their money from decay only (well off the players). That would mean that auction fee's, items purchased from MA itself, deposit fee's - would all be transferred back into the games loot pool (I assume)

the quotes you seek are years old, about both decay and fees going to loot pool. but he has also said their is no loot pool, which i believe is just down to semantics (redefine then say your new defintion doesnt exist.

however, at the risk of going over well trodden old ground, the very concept of "revenue comes from decay" is questionable, since mining has near 0 decay and crafting has 0. you consume bombs, probes, enmatters, ores, matrerials etc, in the same way you consume ammo. so someone pointed out, bearing in mind that theres a quote that not all decay goes to MA (melee has the opposite problem to crafting), that all this consumption is considered as 100% decay. presto, redefine and it all makes sence:

we spend lots, we get some back, others get some from us, we get some from others, MA skims some off from everyone. simples.

so as u are already saying here their is no personal loot pool..
because how could u explain here that "nub" could have an 15k pedder then?
Its hard to let me believe that that "nub" putted in 17,5k ped in mining in 2-3 days ( 35000 probes?!)
well I don't think that MA is really giong to give a lower payout because probably other players already have payed for this HOF because MA is simply not giong to risk that they are giving away 15000 ped (~$1500) dollars , because the guy could withdraw his money or he could quit etc.

It's more believeable that u don't have a personal loot pool because MA can't risk the fact that they loose money as mentioned above.

I don't think this is necessarily the best argument against personal loot pools. I think noob HOFs can certainly be accounted for within a personal loot pool system.

We all know that MA takes money out of the economy and it is next to impossible to profit in TT value. We do know that they take some for themselves and that the rest is cycled back into the economy. Of the money that gets cycled back, a certain percentage could be used to fund the huge uber loots. These uber loots could be entirely independent of the personal loot pool system. The huge uber loot system is completely based on luck. Hence the reason someone could hit say two ATHs in the same week. Just got lucky. Possibly some of the avatar plays a part, but I think it's mostly independent.

This way the fresh noob still has a chance at big loot. And since it's independent of their own loot system, the money wont be totally drained from them in subsequent play.

There, I made it fit... :D

I also wanted to touch on something I recall seeing regarding personal loot pools about how it wouldn't make sense to have all this money reserved for people if they happened to quit. That would mean a lot of money out there being held for inactive people. I look at it more as though we're all drawing from the same pool, but based on our activity, we have access to more or less. I think this would work fine, since there would be no need to hold any money in reserves for people and there would still be less money going out than what came in. I tend to like the term "avatar based loot" as it doesn't really imply that people have their own pool of money sitting there, waiting to be claimed. It's all semantics really though...

If there is a personal loot pool, the question remains why MA goes trough all the trouble to make it look exactly like a general loot pool, or random payout system, to the extend there is no noticeable difference in behavior. Only argument I have heard so far is to fool the gabling laws, but I'm not really convinced by that. In a previous thread I already argued how this trick could easily be used on slot machines too.

If there is a personal loot pool, the question remains why MA goes trough all the trouble to make it look exactly like a general loot pool, or random payout system, to the extend there is no noticeable difference in behavior. Only argument I have heard so far is to fool the gabling laws, but I'm not really convinced by that. In a previous thread I already argued how this trick could easily be used on slot machines too.

That is a good question. Avoiding gambling laws could certainly play a big part of it. Another part could be is that they've designed it so people have a chance to "figure out" the system if you will, or based on their play performance have better returns. People that have more efficient play styles will have better success, which I tend to believe is true.

I'm pretty sure I've seen from your previous posts that you would agree that hunting with efficient gear generally provides better returns than that of inefficient gear. So if efficient play provides better returns, what would be some examples of inefficient play? What would be the most inefficient way to play this game?

Using non-sib weapons with low skills we already agree upon. I also believe that armor or fap decay isn't returned in any form, so the more of this you incur, the more inefficient you will be. Hunting high regen mobs like I mentioned before would be inefficient if you can not kill it fast enough. Also hunting on taxed land will decrease your returns as well.

So heavily tanking (requiring lots of armor and fapping) on high regen mobs with un-eco weapons on taxed land should provide the worst possible returns. How many people do you think actually hunt like this? A LOT of people, I would say. So it's no surprise to me that people can see 60-70% returns from hunting if this is how they play. Become more efficient in any of these areas and I'm sure returns will improve.

A lot of it is risk vs. reward. If you are playing to hit that big ATH, it's going to cost you since you need to become more risky with your play style. You are in effect gambling on the game, and the game can certainly be played like that. You can also play the game more efficiently to get more steady returns. And that doesn't mean you have to be stuck hunting snables forever, either. I think having both options present in the game is the reason that we have this clash between those that think it's pure gambling, and those that believe it's possible to profit if you're willing to put some effort in. The game is really what you want to make of it.

So heavily tanking (requiring lots of armor and fapping) on high regen mobs with un-eco weapons on taxed land should provide the worst possible returns.

this is the #1 "nono".. and Im amazed over how many ppl dont know or care about this... they are the ones paying for EU imo.

this was probably one of the first things my mentor teached me.. and he was "brainwashing" me to use as eco gear as possible and hunt only mobs that I didnt have any problems with.. I do go for a "throw away your money" run sometimes but after I have done just that.. thrown away my money.. I go back to the mobs I know best..

So heavily tanking (requiring lots of armor and fapping) on high regen mobs with un-eco weapons on taxed land should provide the worst possible returns. How many people do you think actually hunt like this? A LOT of people, I would say. So it's no surprise to me that people can see 60-70% returns from hunting if this is how they play. Become more efficient in any of these areas and I'm sure returns will improve.

ive hunted large atrox on tax land with Angel and LM and seen little difference to hunting small atrox on untaxed with gremlin and Apis/cb19. also, frequently the very low % returns i've had are when i've tried to be efficient, almost feels like your punished for eco (but i dont belive that... probably just my feeling and i dont trck numbers that closely).

something i've just remembered was i found once, and this was repeatably tested, that i received different loot in team compared to solo + fapper. having been hunting the mob for half hour with good loot, i thought there was something wrong when as soon as i teamed the loot dropped about 40-50%... between us. i broke team and killed 10 mobs fapped, with 10ped+ a typical loot, rejoined team next 10 with loot 5-7ped. food for thought.

Ok, I can not find the post Marco made that statement in, I remember seeing someone else qouting that post several months back. Anyone have an idea of where it is?

yeah, i can believe that.

but where do FPC get their money from? :)

wrong thread lol

<=== But look at the Mankini, iiizzz niiice:)

Last edited:
Back