MA released roadmap for missing systems!

Ludvig|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
Since I could not find this on the forum:
Entropia Universe Returning Systems Roadmap!

Makeup
Create unique looks for you and your friends! The Makeup system will be updated with many improvements in early November 2011.

Beacon/Dungeon
Fight your way through an off world robot base or an underground dungeon to defeat bosses and plunder their treasures. This improved and exciting system is set for release in the middle of December 2011.

Taming
This long awaited system is to be reintroduced in 2012, with many new features all have been waiting for; we expect the wait to be worth it!

Mutants
Mutants will be back from their vacations in early 2012.

- Arachne -
When I don't harass my co-workers with yoga, I'm at the heart of things at MindArk: writing, collecting info for Release Notes, working on the web and doing other important tasks that come in my way.

Source: http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz

Nice :) Very welcome they at least publish the roadmap, and waiting for beacons for Winter Equinox celebrations :yay:

Sounds like I'll be practicing my RL art skills, in hopes I can apply them with the returning (And hopefully improved) makeup system. :D

Beacons for crimmus! YES!

(I'm not holding my breath though.)

Yeah, just saw it on their site, some good updates in nov/december. Tameing in "2012"....:rolleyes:

Everything else coming soon with specific months. Taming...in 2012...m1ybe if they feel like it...with featured they feel are improved...and without any word of compensating the people they fucked over for 3 years...awesome. At least they halfheartedly committed to a year, better than nothing.

aaahhhh...the roadmap. :rolleyes:

By the end of the year, and early next year. Where have I heard that before.

Uh huh...believe it when I see it. :zzz:

Everything else coming soon with specific months. Taming...in 2012...m1ybe if they feel like it...with featured they feel are improved...and without any word of compensating the people they fucked over for 3 years...awesome. At least they halfheartedly committed to a year, better than nothing.

I hope they keep to their timeline on taming this time.

Very nice to see this :)

if my poor memory still works ..
each time they give roadmap
1/2 of things never come
and what was implemented comes whit deeeeeelaaaaaay and bugs

most optimistic version makeup for xmass
rest before end of next year

ahh if it isnt allmost 4,5 year since MA start working on Crengine .....

comming SOooOOoOoooOOooOoOOOoON

Good to see! Some decent stuff to finish the year with!

Mutants...? Can't remember those.

Other than that... I am slightly sceptical.

Awesome. If there is one thing I've learned over the years its that MA always sticks to their time lines.

Awesome. If there is one thing I've learned over the years its that MA always sticks to their time lines.

I, too, am fluent in sarcasm!

Tippin'

I feel they have improved in a lot of ways lately, so I for one have hope :)

aaahhhh...the roadmap. :rolleyes:

By the end of the year, and early next year. Where have I heard that before.

Uh huh...believe it when I see it. :zzz:

Hehe, just add 1-2 years on all those dates they mentioned before the systems are fully integrated.
Its nice to know when the beta will be released neh? :)

Call me a cynic... But with MA's now 'legendary' inability to meet any promised deadline/launch date and actually get the update integrated without any bugs, I for one (of many thousands) am NOT holding my breath on this one.

Ahhhh The Egg! :wise:

forgive my noobie-ness, but what was the point in taming before CE2? ive only been told that the mobs were pretty much only billboards that danced and spammed random shit or whatever.. so why do ppl want that back so bad?

i guess the only real point is so the tamers make nice piles of peds and everybody else buys pointless mobs that really did nothing and collect dust in storage or apartment, but what do i know only been playing 2 years :p taming was b4 my time :)

forgive my noobie-ness, but what was the point in taming before CE2? ive only been told that the mobs were pretty much only billboards that danced and spammed random shit or whatever.. so why do ppl want that back so bad?

i guess the only real point is so the tamers make nice piles of peds and everybody else buys pointless mobs that really did nothing and collect dust in storage or apartment, but what do i know only been playing 2 years :p taming was b4 my time :)

Not only cheap adverts (although that was main usage).
PETs could also be used as shields in various PvP battles (landgrab).
Beside that some people just like to skill even if its something totally useless (Scan humans?)

Another reason is the impact on the ingame economy.
Nutrio bars need sweatstuff and fruits, both have lost its use. No PETs no need for nutrio.
And taming increases the demand for whips, don´t think there are many people that use whip as hunting weapon :)

back to topic:

Hope that MA hits the roadmap this time. Compared to last roadmap I have read they are already 4 years (or more) late.

BTW, what happpend to the aahhhhh the Egg :)

Oh man, I forgot about ahh the egg that was supposed to take our breath away...perhaps that was just a nice way of Ma saying hope you die and leave us alone instead of bugging us about the damn egg:)

I dont belive in this before i can see it because i dont give much when MA does a time limit.:wise:

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Planet_Calypso_Roadmap_2010
Planet Calypso Roadmap for 2010
The year 2010 is a turning point for both First Planet Company (the developer of the MMORPG Planet Calypso) and for MindArk (the developer of the Entropia Platform). Beginning with the next version update the releases will further show the separation between the two companies; MindArk will release the familiar VU 10.8 containing systems updates for the platform and FPC will release its first exclusive content release, called 2010|01. The name derives from the current year and which release in order for that year that’s being released.
I want to address three different areas of development in this statement. First I want to take a peek on some new stuff never before seen on Calypso, followed by a status report on old pre-VU10 systems not yet available, and finally share my thought and ideas on what FPC’s grand goal and ambitions are.
First Planet Company has some very exciting stuff going on for 2010. In mid February the next addition comes to the Planet Calypso colonists – the preview of the Quest/Mission system! This preview will contain a limited number of missions both for us to show what can be done but also allowing FPC to gather feedback in a controlled environment. A few weeks later we intend to release a large number of additional missions and will continue doing so for future releases to come. Missions will come in various forms, some ranging from assignments or jobs (typical MMO “grind” quests) while others focus on the experience, background and storyline of Planet Calypso. The mission system is a very advanced tool that MindArk has developed allowing for some quite interesting and unique-feeling experiences. Expect the complexity and depth of the missions supplied to increase with each new mission expansion release.
Another new system MindArk has shown FPC is one of the most anticipated systems ever (I think it was first mentioned back in 2005!) – The Vehicles system. We have had the opportunity to race through the Calypso underbrush at 60 km/h, jumping off cliffs and skidding into lakes. I personally believe the vehicle system is a great addition on many levels, from the actual experience of driving around, using it as tool for day to day activities but also from a business standpoint; who will become the Henry Ford of Calypso? Vehicles are expected to arrive during the spring.
Going back to the missing systems from VU 9.4, there are currently a few left that have not yet been re-implemented into the VU10 generation. The first of the missing systems to make a comeback is the Beauty system which will come in the Entropia Platform VU10.8 coming in February. Soon the avatars can get their hair done and make those nip/tucks needed after the Christmas festivities. The system next in line after that is the Mindforce system, which will come with additional powers and a new revised vision on what it is supposed to be; which part it will play in the bigger scope of things from player activity to the economy as a whole. The old system has been analyzed quite a bit and you can expect a better balance and more purpose in the new one. The MA devs also promise us that the basic system allows for adding additional powers quite easily, which I personally think is ideal as it brings FPC the ability to expand this area as time goes by.
When it comes to Taming, Mentoring, Makeup, and Beacons, MindArk has promised all of these will be back before the end of the year. Once FPC gets progress reports we will share them with you.
On a larger scale of things FPC is working on a Quality Enhancement Programme. We believe that quality is the key to achieving great entertainment and a fulfilling experience. We will not cut any corners when it comes to polish and the finishing touches on FPC content. The term quality is a difficult one to describe. The way we see it is to add beautiful vistas, great looking visuals as a whole, add to the Colonist Experience in terms of sense of purpose and belonging, adding much more lore, mythos, and background into the mix. To take Calypso to the next level and to make it feel energetic; as an entity that lives and breathes. The work of increasing the quality has already begun (you will see an updated server area in the 2010|01 release – we look forward to your feedback) and will continue during 2010 and beyond.
A very interesting reflection was when the Real Estate Development programme was launched late last year. It opened up options for estate owners to customize their lands and real estate. The programme has been a huge success. This has in turn allowed us to put more effort in quickly adding to it and advance it. As it looks right now we will probably add a new section and hire staff that will work full time with only the Real Estate Development requests and expand on it to allow more customization – I would like to see the option for an apartment owner to completely redecorate an apartment if desired and a land owner to be able to add villages and towns to their land.
I wish to close this statement by thanking each and every one of you who partake in Planet Calypso. Without you we wouldn’t be here. The last couple of months have been a bit rough and we really appreciate your patience and perseverance during this time. Together we can take Planet Calypso to the next level in every aspect of the word.

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Project_Entropia_Roadmap_2004-2005
Project Entropia Roadmap as posted be First Planet Company CEO Marco Behrmann on playmmo.com as of September 08,2004:

"Project Entropia Roadmap
What’s in the pipeline at the MindArk development studio? Here are some of the not so secret parts of the roadmap for the future. We hope this will inspire and keep your imagination on the edge. Remember this is not in any way to be considered a complete list of coming attractions. Also, various minor updates are also not noted.
Project Entropia is a free virtual universe that is downloadable from the Internet and is updated about ten times per year, in so called Version Updates, or VU’s. VU’s are by default targeted for release on Tuesdays. The upcoming VU, 6.1, is scheduled for a release late September.
VU 6.1 Content
The new continent is presented. About three times as large as current main Eudoria continent on the planet Calypso, the new continent of Amethera is presented for the first time. The continent is also the base for the land grab event, which will allow Project Entropia participants to actively fight for ownership of land. The new continent will have mineral rich areas, new flora and fauna, and is also utilizing functions of the newly implemented GameBryo graphics engine.
A Teacher system is coming, giving the ability for teacher avatars to supply skills to students. This will probably become a new profession within Project Entropia.
Tailors and colorers will be pleased with the addition of a bleaching function; meaning that most colored items may be removed bleached and recoloured over and over again until a satisfying result is obtained. Updates to the Color tool interface will also allow for some speedier activity when coloring items.
Shop owners will appreciate the ability to dress their shopkeepers with clothes, armor or items. Special mannequins are also available for dressing and putting into your estates so you can display your valuable creations or findings.

A selection of content coming during 2004-2005 In no particular order of priority.
Add new functions to auction – adding functions like purchase orders of bulk items.
Add new functions to societies – society functions will be deepened and much more control will be issued.
Add new levels and professions for crafting.
Add stats to tools – tools will get the same amount of info as weapon and armor counter-parts, making it easier to assay them.
Advertising/Department stores – set up shop in a department store, advertise your stuff and become a successful retailer.
Bars – Bars will be places of relaxation and entertainment, everything a weary avatar needs.
Beauty/Body shops – Shops where you can alter the looks of your avatar, with completely new appearances and styles, including piercing and tattoos.
Bounty hunting system – are you annoyed that you getting killed by some bully? Set a contract on him and make him pay the consequences.
Carpentry – new crafting profession, making furniture and other similar items.
Crafters will be able to repair items – meaning you don’t have to run back to the imperial communal repair terminals.
Enhanced chat/messaging system – allowing for more advanced functions, like grouping, blocks and offline messaging.
Event tools – make tools available for Project Entropia participants to organize their own events, with ticket sales, area rentals and rules.
Food/Drinks – a new crafting profession, food and drinks will enhance the avatar abilities.
Huge Mindforce update – both the way Mindforce the interface works as well as numerous new powers.
Land management system – you want to enhance your lands with new creatures, or perhaps add new minerals to it? Go ahead.
New planets – what lies beyond Calypso?
Notary/Reputation system – are you good or evil? Can you be trusted or not? This system will help determine what kind of person the avatar is.
Space exploration/combat – discover new areas in space, mine asteroids, fight pirates, enhance your space ship with additional equipment, weapons and shields.
Taming system – ever wanted to own your pet Atrox and ride it off towards the sunset? This system makes it happen.
Update “Pre-Gold” items to “Ancient” status – some items are truly rare and respected.
Vehicles – be a bus driver or maybe a heavy machinery operator. Or make a living hauling large quantities of ore."

For the sceptics, please bear in mind that mentoring returned this month, and its better than it was before.

There were a lot of things missing from VU 10.0, even things such as teleporting, sweating, apartments, piloting and so on.

They've all been returned and improved upon. Good to see this roadmap, I hope it doesn't slip too much. :)

I've seen pets, and a couple of obsessed pet owners.

But they were not interesting to me.

LOL, even posting about pet making me feel sleepy :(

Taming
This long awaited system is to be reintroduced in 2012, with many new features all have been waiting for; we expect the wait to be worth it!

You say that every year, no offence and dont take this the wrong way but your a pack of bullshit artists.

Taming back in 2012? So, probably December 2012? Another 14+ months? Given your track record, you will probably push it forward another year when 2012 ends. On the other hand, I really like what you did to the mentoring system and I agree that mentoring had priority over taming.

Tomorrow will mark the 800th day without taming. Still no reliable ETA. I don't know how to feel anymore. I guess I'll keep killing Fouls for the iron challenge. They remind me of Marco in some odd way.

:whip:

I dont belive in this before i can see it because i dont give much when MA does a time limit.:wise:

YES, too many false promises on that.
But.. wow, if it true, i see my prof. soon back :)

Back