MA released roadmap for missing systems!

ty, but why are they different than other mobs?

I am post VU10, so this is just what I have heard, but the thing different about Umbranoids was that:
  • Each one was generated from a template that was randomly altered, much like avatars
  • Umbranoids used weapons, different "maturities" had different ones, from various melee to ranged

This makes them different from other mobs, as these all use the same 3d model, which is then just scaled for maturities.

I am post VU10, so this is just what I have heard, but the thing different about Umbranoids was that:
  • Each one was generated from a template that was randomly altered, much like avatars
  • Umbranoids used weapons, different "maturities" had different ones, from various melee to ranged

This makes them different from other mobs, as these all use the same 3d model, which is then just scaled for maturities.

I really miss the umbras.. they was always on my hunting list.

BEACONS!!!!! :yay:

What are the mutants :scratch2:

They were human... once. Apparently some of the weapons used during the first robot attacks had mutagenic effects. Some of the survivors were twisted into these creatures. The ones pictured are Umbranoids, the mutant race with the most of their humanity left. As you can see in the picture, they still can use tools and language.

Don't bother trying to sweat them, it won't work. I guess there's somehting about native creature DNA that makes vibrant sweat do what it does when mixed with Force nexus.

I really miss the umbras.. they was always on my hunting list.

the only mob I've hof'd on. Used to team hunt them and watched them storm the revivals.

Man, they missing tons of stuff in that roadmap!

Where is making sweat gatherer a key skill?
Where is making vibrant sweat a useful product again? (okay, useful is pushing it, I would be happy if they would add a 3ped / K TT value for it, heck, even 2.5!)

;)

Derid, thinking from the newbie sides of stuff!

Man, they missing tons of stuff in that roadmap!

Where is making sweat gatherer a key skill?
Where is making vibrant sweat a useful product again? (okay, useful is pushing it, I would be happy if they would add a 3ped / K TT value for it, heck, even 2.5!)

;)

Derid, thinking from the newbie sides of stuff!
1K vibrant sweat = 1 pec in the TT. If you get more then that back in your sales on the stuff, be happy. ;)

Diluted sweat has a whole lot higher TT value then vibrant when you loot it, but it's markup is much, much, much lower then the markup folks are paying for vibrant sweat, even at 2 pec per k, so be careful what you wish for. :)

Giving sweat a TT value would be horrible, as then MA would have to use money from the loot pool to pay anyone who TTed this, meaning newbies would get free money from the game instead of from players :rolleyes:

I do agree with giving sweat more uses though, like for example as an ingredient in crafting MF chips (as I feel some chips should be crafted, way too many are way too rare)

Cool your jets kids, im well aware of the TT price of sweat, have quite a nice bunch in my storage.

Tried to be a bit funny, but I need to start adding a disclaimer I think to funny posts....

Maybe something like.

By reading this you agree to understand it is a comical attempt and should be regarded as such, even
tho you don't find it funny.

El Derido!

Ps. El Derido sounds a like lot a burrito.

swfamily.jpg

Mini Trooper: Are those the droids we looking for?
Storm Trooper: For the 10000th time, NO!

Picture by K.Alexanderson
Text by D.Erid

Awesome. If there is one thing I've learned over the years its that MA always sticks to their time lines.

Best Entropian News!
Remember the good old days when they said "this and that is coming summer and then one warm spring morning, totally unexpected, there it was! Sometimes even as quick as a winter or autumn. Blowing your mind away saying "I didn't see that coming this soon!

:eyecrazy::wtg::eyecrazy:

Taming back in 2012? So, probably December 2012? Another 14+ months? Given your track record, you will probably push it forward another year when 2012 ends. On the other hand, I really like what you did to the mentoring system and I agree that mentoring had priority over taming.

Tomorrow will mark the 800th day without taming. Still no reliable ETA. I don't know how to feel anymore. I guess I'll keep killing Fouls for the iron challenge. They remind me of Marco in some odd way.

:whip:

Rob, I hear ya buddy. Why you think Mentoring had any kind of priority over anything especially Taming I dont know, other than that you are spot on.

To cynics: Cry more please

On topic: Shits coming back! :yay:

Best regards
Zweshi

To cynics: Cry more please

On topic: Shits coming back! :yay:

Best regards
Zweshi

I think if you had any decent level in taming and had been told for over 5 years that stage 2 of taming was coming then lose taming all together for almost 2 years all the while being told its coming... it's coming... and to then be told it's now moved to 2012 not even the slightest hint of a which quarter of 2012 you might just be cynical also.

It isnt crying it's voicing your opinion and feelings on the matter, exactly what a forums for, just as you have the right to post a brownosers post.

It isnt crying it's voicing your opinion and feelings on the matter, exactly what a forums for, just as you have the right to post a brownosers post.

Im sorry, i should have voiced myself in a different manner, not refering to the good folk who lost there proff. for so long Simply refering to a few familier faces. Of course normal voicing of opinion isnt as i refered to as 'crying' and it was not aimed at that group of people.

Best of luck
Zweshi

Rob, I hear ya buddy. Why you think Mentoring had any kind of priority over anything especially Taming I dont know, other than that you are spot on.
I think mentoring will be/is good for new player retention, which in the long run will be good for all of us. Including, but not limited to animal tamers. :whip:

MA your credibility when it come to these timetable roadmaps is zero!

You would be better to just keep on going the way you always have.

Don't tell us anything.

This way we won't get our hopes up and bitch when you envitably fail to deliver as you have failed to deliver on every other date you have ever give us in the past.

Im sorry, i should have voiced myself in a different manner, not refering to the good folk who lost there proff. for so long Simply refering to a few familier faces. Of course normal voicing of opinion isnt as i refered to as 'crying' and it was not aimed at that group of people.

Best of luck
Zweshi

No worries mate, i get a bit riled up over it, i need to stop and say "serenity now... serenity now" then reply

goodluck mate and i appreciatte the reply.

Taming
This long awaited system is to be reintroduced in 2012, with many new features all have been waiting for; we expect the wait to be worth it!

I read some "Taming back!" posts at every VU, but I wonder how many people really want this back?

MindForce had to be reintroduced at it has interest for 90% of the population, same than Mentoring.

But taming, seriously, 10% of players want it back? Yes we all have fruits in storage waiting for a market but... :confused:

Personnally, I always considered Pets as annoying advertising objects or just exploits (blocking doors, PvP walls, etc).

But taming, seriously, 10% of players want it back? Yes we all have fruits in storage waiting for a market but... :confused:

Personnally, I always considered Pets as annoying advertising objects or just exploits (blocking doors, PvP walls, etc).

Well if they upgrade it so you can ride pets I damn well want one, much cooler than a vehicle :yay:

Well if they upgrade it so you can ride pets I damn well want one, much cooler than a vehicle :yay:

I want ride tezlapod. I mean... well, nevermind.

Tape one to each foot! :yay:

That's very dangerous.

1) They running like crabs - sidestepping.
2) Im not good in electricity, but somehow I afraid about potential short-circuit.

That's very dangerous.

1) They running like crabs - sidestepping.
2) Im not good in electricity, but somehow I afraid about potential short-circuit.

How about using a Trilomite as a skateboard? Oh, wait, that didn't work too good either...

But taming, seriously, 10% of players want it back?

10%? You actually have valid statistics? or do you just make shit up to serve your own purpose as i certainly wasnt part of your survey/census/poll?

I didnt want vehicles but others did and yet i managed to not feel the need to rain on their parade yet you and others like you feel the need to think whatever you think is more important than what tamers might want.

I didnt think mentoring was such a big deal seeing most people help others anyway yet i didnt feel the need to rain on that.

So thanks for your valuable statistics anyway, atleast i got a laugh.

I read some "Taming back!" posts at every VU, but I wonder how many people really want this back?

MindForce had to be reintroduced at it has interest for 90% of the population, same than Mentoring.

first of all the 10% number is clearly BS, as taming has the potential to interest not only the majority of current players, but also the newcomers.

Second the fact that you are not bright enough to realize the potential in no way diminishes the importance of the system. So STFU and let the adults work it out.

Back