Market Manipulation VS Exploit

Market manipulation is worst our not then a exploit???

• Yes

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 82.5%

• Total voters

Mary Jane

Stalker
Society
The Great Pretenders
Mary Mary Jane
After been while from one month BAN because i Im the UNIQUE on all Universe when loots people doing same i keep a look on auction all the time is easy to see a total market manipulation from some members ...
Easy to see on opals and other minerals...

On my hof using a exploit (like MA says) i was losing 10k peds to hof a 10k prize rolling dailly loots of peds and give a help to bigger loot pool...

On market manipulation some people dont even spend they just make this game dry making cheap items really no sense expensive...

And nothing happen to them in last 7/8 years...

Give me your opionion

They are both equally bad. Exploiting or manipulating each equate to thievery in their own way. If I were you I'd stop trying to make yourself look better. In my eyes you are making yourself look worse.

They are both equally bad. Exploiting or manipulating each equate to thievery in their own way. If I were you I'd stop trying to make yourself look better. In my eyes you are making yourself look worse.

Im just asking for advice not even me i know...
I would like to learn ou i cant?

What you're referring to is reselling. It's one of the oldest professions in the book.

Reselling/trading, offering services, fruitpicking etc and sweating are the only certain ways for most of us to earn some peds in a legal way (depositing not considered as "earning").

There is no relation to your story the way I see it and frankly I don't see why you keep comparing so many things to your situation.

Manipulation of markups is not the same as reselling though, which goes on with minerals.

Well exploits are always worse than market manipulation since the manipulation is done within the rules of the system.
Also note that often it's just ppl buying stuff they need desperately all out of a sudden that increases the price and then resellers jumping on the boat. That of course is no market manipulation at all.

Better be silent and be taken for a dumbass, than to open your mouth and dispel all doubts ;)

Better be silent and be taken for a dumbass, than to open your mouth and dispel all doubts ;)

Where is the man in this avatar from last years?
Grow up and stop say BS for so long

exploit is wors then market manipulation.
btw how do you do market manipulation.
I have some generic leather and some pixie armor I want to sell for 200%. Lets manipulate that price :laugh:

and btw what is this mean?

They are both equally bad driven by greed and self interest. I look to the cause and not the effect. Since if one chooses do one what will stop them from doing anything else to get ahead. Like the old saying goes. "It`s not the fact that you lied to me but the fact that I can never fully trust you again."

Depends who you are hurting. I can neither vote yes or no.

edit:
Also, please make an effort to make you posts understandable. Usually it's over with in the time it takes to read it through once and if you have a harder time with it, maybe due to the language, take the time you need and maybe try google translate or something similar.

There's really no reason to rush things.

After been while from one month BAN because i Im the UNIQUE on all Universe when loots people doing same

you were banned because you posted (in an _official_ forum :wtg:) the proof of your exploit. if, as you say, lots of people are doing the same, just go find them, make a video, and report it to MA if you wish; then, and only then, if they are not banned, you can fairly complain.

regarding market manipulation, it is 100% legal and allowed by MA. you may not like it, I may not like it, it may be "morally" wrong, but is allowed, and there is absolutely no ground for banning anyone for doing that.

Im right here in my chair in Sweden ! You should listen to the advice though.

Reselling != Market manipulation?
attachment.php

Well, one is against the rules the other not, guess what I voted.

All I see is prices going up and down on a lot of items.

Can you make an example of the market manipulation?

On another note, lately MA implemented a variable drop rate in various items. Such an example is martial harness. It used to drop very often in globals from feffoid. Most of the people, including myself, took the 105-110% markup on it for granted. Lately the drop rate was reduced a lot, thus the current markup of 180-190%.

Same was with the market for Blausariam. There were weeks in a row where price was as low as 115%. After that the markup increased even up to 130% because the supply was lower.

Regarding the market of opals, in the beginning, everyone wanted to tier their weapons and the market was not ready for such a HUGE demand of opals. This was the reason why price was extremely high. People soon adapted and a hole industry was developed around looting opals. I know of several hunters who heavily crafted to loot them. This means the supply slowly increased, because the players tweaked their crafting behavior towards activities with a higher chance to loot opals. Now the demand for opals has been reduced also, probably because most of the items that required a lot of opals to tier are already tiered, thus the price is dropping slowly but constantly.

I know you want to make hype with these kind of threads, but try at least to formulate a concrete idea in them with some examples, rather then throwing some words around, words which most likely come from some of your inner frustrations.

Please, use google translate or something. My head hurts reading your jiberish...

Im just asking for advice not even me i know...
I would like to learn ou i cant?

It looks exactly like you are trying to say "There is someone worse than me".

It looks exactly like you are trying to say "There is someone worse than me".

It's more like a question, hence the poll. But since the OP is a convicted exploiter and as far as I know nobody has ever been convicted for "market manipulation" (read: buying and selling items) the answer is clear.

:proof:

Market manipulation is not a ressler is have 5 post on auction with opals 250% clean all and put 400% ...

I dont know if is fair but like i see it is on pool...
Gonna start do he same :p

I think you all should lighten up and give this guy a break. Aside from the post asking a fair question, everyone seems to enjoy grabbing their pitchforks looking for a witch hunt. Let it go, please. This is a valid question the OP asks, and it pertains to his own behavior that he's already taking the punishment for. Why kick a man when he's already down?

Back to OP's question, IMO, there's no comparison. Market manipulation is part of the game, and it's a risk resellers take to try and make a buck in the game. It's frowned upon, but not as devious as an exploit. If someone is buying all the opals and jacking the price up, don't buy from them. Put a resonable BO price in auction and just wait, a fair person will sell their opals for what their worth.

It takes two morons to make it work...the one to jack up the price, one to buy it.

Mary, beeing from your own country, and wishing our image as a whole doesnt get too damaged (even more), I ask you to please restrain from comments like this... Thank you.

And yes, you are only making things even worse, sorry to say... :( Even if some post clearly show that some "personal disputes" exist against you (fair or not, I have no idea - i don't care either), you are damaging yourself, and I feel you are damaging me too as a countryman...

EDIT: Let the dust settle, clear your mind, and make a great come back, that's what I honestly hope. But dont make things worst with hot-headed posts...

Mary, beeing from your own country, and wishing our image as a whole doesnt get too damaged (even more), I ask you to please restrain from comments like this... Thank you.

And yes, you are only making things even worse, sorry to say... :( Even if some post clearly show that some "personal disputes" exist against you (fair or not, I have no idea - i don't care either), you are damaging yourself, and I feel you are damaging me too as a countryman...

EDIT: Let the dust settle, clear your mind, and make a great come back, that's what I honestly hope. But dont make things worst with hot-headed posts...

Before post like this for a country mate remember what u are in game a small green dot...

Before post like this for a country mate remember what u are in game a small green dot...

Go on and start attacking me too. It was not ment as a pesonal attack, it was ment as a friendly advice (that you seem to persist not to accept from anyone)... But hey m8, best of luck in the future, maybe some day we have the chance to discuss this further in person, over some "minis". As for discussing further here, i'm out...

Go on and start attacking me too. It was not ment as a pesonal attack, it was ment as a friendly advice (that you seem to persist not to accept from anyone)... But hey m8, best of luck in the future, maybe some day we have the chance to discuss this further in person, over some "minis". As for discussing further here, i'm out...

I ont formgett the mines :p

if ppl are using second accounts to do it then yes it is!

but if its being done with help of friends it is not:wise:
And the manipulation is happening on both sides, its being pushed down artificaily on certain resources also, its just harder to catch. But theres no rule that says market manipulation is against the rules, and as others have said its been going on for many years.

If MA didn't want it to happen they wouldnt record buyouts and price spikes:wise:

Back