Massive games, masses of money, massive questions… - Nouse

cool news article and web site. Thanks for the link.

Last edited:
I wouldn't take a university newspaper very seriously.

Indeed, what's next? A review from Organ and Keyboard Cavalcade? Or perhaps Pitchcare Turf Magazine?

interesting read.

Normally you would be correct. But when this is the only type of PR MA relies on, it's a very damaging thing.
No new customers coming from that university, or their friends ect, ect.

Normally you would be correct. But when this is the only type of PR MA relies on, it's a very damaging thing.
No new customers coming from that university, or their friends ect, ect.

To the contrary, he fails to make any real argument - as many of the comments on the article point out. And really those kind of numbers are exactly what drew me into the game; I was just really curious as to what would make a virtual item worth so much.

Fucking hell MA, get a grip, this isn't even a credible source of news.

Do some proper advertising you lazy fucks.

Thinking this is disgusting is completely misunderstanding the world we live in today. A LOT of what we do is virtual. You go to the movies and drop $20, you got nothing physical in return just a memory. You go to a theme park, again nothing in return. You even go out to dinner, and drop $100, again nothing in return other then a full belly you coulda had for $5.
What you’ve done is call entertainment disgusting. And that id completely disagree with. Because when all is said and done, all anyone has is their memories, their experiences. And thats what entertainment is for. It doesnt matter if someone is going out to the movies or buying a pair of shoes in a game, if its fun to the person doing it. Who are we to say they shouldnt be doing it.
It doesn’t matter if someone is willing to spend 100 hours in a game leveling up their character or 100 hours sitting in front of a piano, or 100 hours sitting in front of the tv, or 100 hours spent walking through a forest. If its fun to the person doing it, thats their choice.
What is disgutsting is what we as humans do to eachother in the real world. Not how much time/money we spend on games.

4 in the morn cant sleep.

This is a trivial thread but the last post in the op article I read, states some valid points I think :coffee:

Ah well, was fun to see some guy correcting the author's grammer at the end :silly2:

The TED Talk referenced in the article is somewhat interesting, even if the article itself is lame.

Back