Medusa revival lines added to Eudoria Survival map!

thanks for your great work :thumbup:

bump, Wonder if this update means the revivals have moved a bit.

If so, a update will follow today.

Great work!

Are you sure for the revival lines on the east part of the Atlantis Archipelago?
There are 2 "broken" lines, which I think are not consistent with the Revival "attraction" system.

Great work!

Are you sure for the revival lines on the east part of the Atlantis Archipelago?
There are 2 "broken" lines, which I think are not consistent with the Revival "attraction" system.

I havent checked that area as the places revivals were seemed to stay.

Ill have a quick look now

::Edit::

Ah that, well yes, its kind of out of the ordinary, but thats what it came up with.

::Edit2:: upload didnt send right map, give it a few mins

Ok, the final version for this update should be up now :)

For once more, thanks and +rep where +rep is due :D

Great work Stave.

Can we link our rescuemap from our site to yours? I dont see any need to have the same information twice !
And of course with information on who is holding the maps. We dont intend to have them locally on our site.

Here is a link http://v2.euforces.com/?page_id=24 so you can decide.

Regards Coach

Last edited:
Woot! Great work! +REP

Menace

Long-overdue +rep from me for the revival maps - they make getting around so much easier. tks!

Not meant as an offence, but you could have done this in 9 minutes instead of 9 hours. Where you revive is determined by the closest revival terminal with the exception of server lines. The borders can be found using Voronoi diagrams which have been in use on the Entropedia maps for a while. All you need to do is add the revival terminals to the map and voila, the borders are automatically drawn.

Not meant as an offence, but you could have done this in 9 minutes instead of 9 hours. Where you revive is determined by the closest revival terminal with the exception of server lines. The borders can be found using Voronoi diagrams which have been in use on the Entropedia maps for a while. All you need to do is add the revival terminals to the map and voila, the borders are automatically drawn.

If you feel you can do a better, more accurate job, be my guest.

I can tell you however, the entropedia revival maps are very inacurate and unreliable.

Im doing this out of need, to have great relaible accurate maps i know i can trust for my service. Providing the maps to others is just a secondary advantage.

As a result ETA's maps are the most accurate and up to date maps avalible to date.

For me accuracy is much more important than speed. I need to know i can trust them during our many tours so we dont end up wasting time ending up at the wrong revival areas.

Well done, really usefull :yay:

If you feel you can do a better, more accurate job, be my guest.

No need to get defensive, just trying to help. I thought you simply didn't know about the Voronoi method.

I can tell you however, the entropedia revival maps are very inacurate and unreliable.

I superimposed the wiki map over yours to check this. The major discrepancies in the wiki map exist because of missing revival terminals. There are some minor inaccuracies which are caused by small differences of revival terminal positions on the maps.

Here's the image: http://imgur.com/6G2Db.jpg (Medusa's Head is a separate map on Entropedia)

I believe that if the missing terminals were added to Entropedia, it would be as reliable as your map.

As ive said, i started out with the entropedia revivals quite a while back, and corrected any inaccuracys i bumped into, mainly focusing on the areas ETA use.

On experimenting with this further, it seems that the revive border is NOT linear. It appears to be calculated by the server using the X,Y,and Z coordinates, and not just the X and Y. That being the case, the revive would be linear on a 2d terrain, but when you include the mountains, it will change the outpost if the two nearest outposts are of different elevations. Therefore, it is impossible to draw a straight line to give the exact revival border. The geometry/algebraic formulas will give a close approximation of the border/corners, but can never give an exact reading without knowing the elevation of every point in the map.

That being said, theres only so much the system that was developed can do. The more accurate you want it, the more time it takes.

I was aware of that method, but during a short discussion with fishface about it, for somer reason i decided to just use trial and error, probably because most corrections at that time were minor ones and because i was comfortable with the trial and error method.

Following your post i have been in contact with fishface again and have aqqired the stuff needed to use that method. Im planning on experementing with it when i map next islands revivals next week.

Also a note of point, after my last reply to you, ive done further work on improving my revival maps, the biggest changes in the corinth, ithaca and twins areas. These will be released alongside our 2011 website update that is due 1st january.

Thanks for the great map

Hi +rep for all the hard work you did :) Is there a map similar to this one for amathera?

No need to get defensive, just trying to help. I thought you simply didn't know about the Voronoi method.

I superimposed the wiki map over yours to check this. The major discrepancies in the wiki map exist because of missing revival terminals. There are some minor inaccuracies which are caused by small differences of revival terminal positions on the maps.

Here's the image: http://imgur.com/6G2Db.jpg (Medusa's Head is a separate map on Entropedia)

I believe that if the missing terminals were added to Entropedia, it would be as reliable as your map.

nice thought. Would there be an easy way to implement this algorithm when you already have all the coördinates of all the revival terminals around? I mean I would know how to make this with a ruler and a pencil on paper, but not automatically by computer.

Looking for an easy way to make these borders in the touristic guide

Thanks, well done! :)

nice thought. Would there be an easy way to implement this algorithm when you already have all the coördinates of all the revival terminals around? I mean I would know how to make this with a ruler and a pencil on paper, but not automatically by computer.

Looking for an easy way to make these borders in the touristic guide

You'd be best off contacting Witte as he implemented it on Entropedia.

Edit: Entropedia is written in ASP.NET/C# and uses Google Maps, and your site doesn't seem to be using either so I'm not sure if contacting Witte will help. But I'm sure there are code examples and/or libraries out there for whatever language you're using on your site.

Edit2: Two links for Javascript implementations: one, two. Good luck.

Last edited:
Back