FYI: Message to Hanne :)

It would be cool having a cannon that u can spawn close to pvp and with a real firepower :D
U can name it BigBertha ;)
Regards BB ;)

The Omegaton Pitbull is awesome. Could FPC please design some more vehicles?

Don't you mean.... "Could FPSEE please design some more vehicles?"

All joking aside, with the number of VTOLs in game I'm surprised MA don't drop more VTOL gun BP's. I can understand wanting to make new vehicles semi rare as it seems there's a large load on the servers from people spawning their entire fleets of vehicles to show off.... but.... I figured the VTOL guns would be plentiful.

Whiskey

Calm down... :laugh:

Were still only january 10...

MA take vacancy from december 20 to january 20, no? :D

they are swe after all... they dont have the same notion of "work" as the rest of the world...

Thanks!

We will, when we get the time to :)

Why not ask the participants to help out with this? They will be the ones using them after all. And since you don't seem to have the time, it might be well to your advantage to seek the artistic ability of the one who will be paying for them. Perhaps hold a design event and winner gets vehicle named after them or something. Maybe I am thinking too much again.

The think the issue is the availability of flying vehicles. Not the variety of flying vehicles.

hanne there any new vehicles in the works? like exo frames? terain walkers? perhaps a vehicle meant to mine?

Any chance we see a Pitbull Mk II soon Hanne? Seems like all the other vehicles have at least Mk II and many have Mk III...

Maybe :) I'll have to look into it!

Calm down... :laugh:

Were still only january 10...

MA take vacancy from december 20 to january 20, no? :D

they are swe after all... they dont have the same notion of "work" as the rest of the world...

Harrdy harr harr, very funny. I'm at work since Jan 3rd like most people :)

Why not ask the participants to help out with this? They will be the ones using them after all. And since you don't seem to have the time, it might be well to your advantage to seek the artistic ability of the one who will be paying for them. Perhaps hold a design event and winner gets vehicle named after them or something. Maybe I am thinking too much again.

No, its a good idea :) I've already addressed it though:

We've thought about it. Its not impossible that we do create some design contest in the same manner that we did with the Proteron mob in the future (but Im not promising anything!)
But even if we do, it's still a lot of work to be done; Deciding on what concept to use, Designing it (or redesigning it for optimization), balancing it, getting the programmers to create the handling for the vehicle, testing and so on. While it saves a little on concepting, it isn't that much of a shortcut. So if we do make such a contest it would be because we'd want to create a cool contest and give the winner-vehicle the time it deserves, not as a way to save time. :)

hanne there any new vehicles in the works? like exo frames? terain walkers? perhaps a vehicle meant to mine?

Right now we don't have anything new in the works. But there's certainly a lot of good ideas that we could incorporate!

Right now we don't have anything new in the works. But there's certainly a lot of good ideas that we could incorporate!

Oh you broke my heart... but I keep hoping for the future. I really I fell in love with the pitbull for mining and would love to see more utility vehicles. The "combat" release was a cool idea but if more than half the population doesn't have access to it, (money wise) what was the point? Fix accessibility first then add something new and awesome like a fighter jet or ground artillery, but don't forget about non-combat vehicles too, and add in some new HUDs like the vtol while you're at it :)

I know this might be a bit much to ask, but in relation to flying - would it be possible to have all axis available for flight? At the moment we can only do: up/down/left/right+banking left and right. Could we also have the diagonals? As in, the nose pointing in the diagonal. I hope that makes sense.

Alternatively, would it be possible to lock movement to the mouse? Somewhat similar to looking around - only it controls the flight of the aircraft?

We need a little more fluid movement in order to have great dogfights!

Thanks!

We will, when we get the time to :)

Hanne, do you need some 3D Artists, to making more FPC vehicles? Im sure a lot well skilled Artists are in game and would make some.:)

Don't you mean.... "Could FPSEE please design some more vehicles?"

I usually do mean what I write, as you will find out over time. Until the deal has completed, the party doing the design will certainly be FPC. What will happen after the deal concludes is very much open - it might or might not end in FPC as an entity disappearing. That is something we don't really know.

All joking aside, with the number of VTOLs in game I'm surprised MA don't drop more VTOL gun BP's. I can understand wanting to make new vehicles semi rare as it seems there's a large load on the servers from people spawning their entire fleets of vehicles to show off.... but.... I figured the VTOL guns would be plentiful.

Whiskey

The thread started about vehicle BP-s not dropping. Many fewer of us care about vehicle weapons as opposed to vehicles. Given that vehicles are (L), I for one would not care for vehicular combat until UL vehicle BP-s dropped in some quantity.

Actually I think MA has a bugged BP loot system. Because i also dont see the new vehicles, mounted weapons, RT plates, RT weapons BP and I quit sure that no Sleipnir BP drops also.

Actually I think MA has a bugged BP loot system. Because i also dont see the new vehicles, mounted weapons, RT plates, RT weapons BP and I quit sure that no Sleipnir BP drops also.

Does anybody actually click the BPs that give RT plate BP-s and then go on to click the plate BPs? And surely the RT plate BPs only drop on RT?

Hanne...help...please :'(

Vehicles... guns for them... still very few.

Sam :cry:
(a very sad panda)

MA is the obsticle.

Unfortunatly i don't think Hanne, Marco or anyone else can do anything to speed things up.
That's because MA is the company everything has to go through.
MA is the company that needs a new set of thoughts and maybe a completly new leadership.
I do think "the guys on the floor" at MA do what they can. I suspect that the problem
is to be found higher up in the hirarchy.
MA need to be on their toes now with all new planets and possible new players.
I can only hope that the planet partners haven't signed away the possebility to put
preassure on MA to kick it into a higher gear and get things done.

How sad would it be if it was MA and their own incompetence that brought this whole universe down?

preassure on MA to kick it into a higher gear and get things done.

How sad would it be if it was MA and their own incompetence that brought this whole universe down?

Imo, I think this is exactly what they are doing right now...

EDIT:misread the date on a previous post, rendering this entire post pointless.

Last edited:
In my opinion i dont want to envision calypso as a world where every inhabitant flies around, there should only be a certain percentage of air vehicles in reagards to ground vehicles and ground vehicles should be the ones affordable to the majority.
Any vehicle that is designed to carry a group of players should reflect that with its market price and rarity.
I would hate to see entropia becomming something like second life in regards to flying.

This doesnt mean that rarity needs to be created over blueprint drops however - why not have two kinds of blueprints one non L bp where you can manufacture as many vehicles as you would like to but at a really high cost and one L blueprint that allows to produce them eco. That way those who really want an air vehicle can still have one, the markup has a certain build in max that wont be surpassed but also some kind of minimum which will owners of such vehicles secure their investment.

Update:
One more thing to this topic - i mean what would be the point to skill up over years to be the king in pvp and then everyone can attack you with a gungnir for pocketmoney ?

Last edited:
This doesnt mean that rarity needs to be created over blueprint drops however - why not have two kinds of blueprints one non L bp where you can manufacture as many vehicles as you would like to but at a really high cost and one L blueprint that allows to produce them eco. That way those who really want an air vehicle can still have one, the markup has a certain build in max that wont be surpassed but also some kind of minimum which will owners of such vehicles secure their investment.

Yes, yes, lets make VTOLs take Ruga and Dunkel and 5K gears to make. And the VTOL guns to take Dunkel, Xeremite and Hansidian to make, in addition to 1M Springs and 12V batterries . And oh, lets make these all level XI ... XIV blueprints requiring level 60 in engineering to make. After all, there clearly aren't enough absurd blueprints in EU.

There was a promise to make vehicles widespread and cheap ... that must clearly be stamped out and forgotten. Some stupid plebs might otherwise commit the horrible sin of actually enjoying the game.

SEE is already in charge of Calypso. FPC is gone. Well bought anyway. They are called SEE Digital Studios(SDS) now. So whatever loyalty you had to FPC is gone. Calypso is now owned by the makers of planet "Molest a child". If I where you I wouldn't expect much from them. They will use Calypso as a cash cow to fund their own twisted world. Don't expect any content updates for Calypso. SEE bought out the only real competitor they had to insure their perverted planet would work. When the Rock, NI, Arkadia, or another planet ends up being the main destionation of players I hope the owners refuse to sell to SEE.

Umm... do look at when I posted it? Back then, FPC was stil FPC. "So whatever loyalty you had to FPC is gone" - what do you know about my loyalties and if and where these lie? What I expect from SDS / SEE at a minimum is to keep their cash cow fed and I don't see a real reason to think this won't happen, though sure, Pioneer making missions for 3 planets will mean that less might happen for Calypso. Yes, theers a lot of pessimism around but i think at least some of it is rather unwarrantied.

I get it that you don't like Michael Jackson very much, and guess what, I don't like him for pretty much the same reasons as you. But I don't see the existence of Planet Michael Jackson somehow contaminate Calypso.

I see the promise of widespread vehicles filled with valkirie mk1 and other cars.
I dont think its fun if every participant of the game is moving around in a gungnir - and no i dont have one yet.

Yes, yes, lets make VTOLs take Ruga and Dunkel and 5K gears to make. And the VTOL guns to take Dunkel, Xeremite and Hansidian to make, in addition to 1M Springs and 12V batterries . And oh, lets make these all level XI ... XIV blueprints requiring level 60 in engineering to make. After all, there clearly aren't enough absurd blueprints in EU.

There was a promise to make vehicles widespread and cheap ... that must clearly be stamped out and forgotten. Some stupid plebs might otherwise commit the horrible sin of actually enjoying the game.

thats why only pitbull fits design wise to this SF world....all boats helicopters and jeeps looks like from late XIX century :(

1800-1899 is what is known as the XIX century :wise: sry

more vehicles plz! and also a lot more vtol guns, both of them! :yup:

I see the promise of widespread vehicles filled with valkirie mk1 and other cars.
I dont think its fun if every participant of the game is moving around in a gungnir - and no i dont have one yet.

I don't think everybody will ever own a Gungnir or bother to use it. Why would you want that if you could alternatively have a perfectly good VTOL? Consider Valkyrie vs Pitbull.

Umm... do look at when I posted it? Back then, FPC was stil FPC. "So whatever loyalty you had to FPC is gone" - what do you know about my loyalties and if and where these lie? What I expect from SDS / SEE at a minimum is to keep their cash cow fed and I don't see a real reason to think this won't happen, though sure, Pioneer making missions for 3 planets will mean that less might happen for Calypso. Yes, theers a lot of pessimism around but i think at least some of it is rather unwarrantied.

I get it that you don't like Michael Jackson very much, and guess what, I don't like him for pretty much the same reasons as you. But I don't see the existence of Planet Michael Jackson somehow contaminate Calypso.

Sorry mate, I did check it but must have misread the date, I thought you had posted that today not last month. My bad, going back to delete that post.

Thank you, Hanne ;)

Back