MindArk Buys Back Calypso Land Deeds

something like this quite possible.
my question is, i have quite a bit of lyst from mining amethera in the last few days, i have so much it would be a pain to sell and might take me all year, where can i find the guy from MA so he buys all this lyst off me. :p

technician.JPG

(p.s. anyone know how to make a small click-able for someone else's uploaded images? =P)

Deed price will go down yay :yay:

MA definitely put the BO price at 1150, and in short term, deed price will go down. I think it will go up in the far future.

Whoever think that 5000 deeds are not many, please think again. It is 5.000.000 Peds, I can say that the whole community cannot afford to buy all of 5000 CLDs in a short time. Over weeks, it can be sold out. But in short time like 1-2 week, we (all players) cannot buy all of that 5000 deeds.

About the attack to MSM, I agree that it is bullshit for a group of players know the news before all of us. If I have known about news before the majority of community, I would have been as rich as many major players in this game. Who guarantees that you won't use this advantage for your own gain? It's totally disgusting to let a group of players have that advantage over us, unless they are working for MA so they are not allowed to gain any benefit in-game. Don't tell us that because you have good personality and you have been known for years. That is still not qualified enough to gain such advantage. If we can trust people nowaday, paper contract does not exist.

Deed price will go down yay :yay:

MA definitely put the BO price at 1150, and in short term, deed price will go down. I think it will go up in the far future.

Whoever think that 5000 deeds are not many, please think again. It is 5.000.000 Peds, I can say that the whole community cannot afford to buy all of 5000 CLDs in a short time. Over weeks, it can be sold out. But in short time like 1-2 week, we (all players) cannot buy all of that 5000 deeds.

About the attack to MSM, I agree that it is bullshit for a group of players know the news before all of us. If I have known about news before the majority of community, I would have been as rich as many major players in this game. Who guarantees that you won't use this advantage for your own gain? It's totally disgusting to let a group of players have that advantage over us, unless they are working for MA so they are not allowed to gain any benefit in-game. Don't tell us that because you have good personality and you have been known for years. That is still not qualified enough to gain such advantage. If we can trust people nowaday, paper contract does not exist.

5000 * 1150 is actualy = 5.750.000 peds

(p.s. anyone know how to make a small click-able for someone else's uploaded images? =P)

When you open the image in the forum's gallery - there is an "Image Code" form under it, copy the code from the "BB Image Code" field.

at 1000 ped per deed, it looked like a half-decent 3yr ROI thing.

the only reason deeds have been rising in value was the general idea that no more than the player owned deeds would ever to be introduced.

doubt is hard to wash away, im not sure the only way is up.

food for thought

The fact that MA publish irl data with auditing made by a respectable firm the day before anouncing the sudden "hey we found 5k deeds laying around, but were so nice you get to buy em!" makes me feel really uncomfortable.

at 1000 ped per deed, it looked like a half-decent 3yr ROI thing.

the only reason deeds have been rising in value was the general idea that no more than the player owned deeds would ever to be introduced.

doubt is hard to wash away, im not sure the only way is up.

food for thought

The fact that MA publish irl data with auditing made by a respectable firm the day before anouncing the sudden "hey we found 5k deeds laying around, but were so nice you get to buy em!" makes me feel really uncomfortable.

They didn't find 5k deeds laying around.

There are still exactly 60k deeds.

And the reason the price was rising because more people wanted to buy them than there were people wanting to sell them. When the buyers and sellers equalize, so will the price. When there are more sellers the price will go down. Basic free market at work.

This added sale doesn't make me feel uncomfortable at all. I will be able get a few more deeds at my next buy. And I buy every month. :cool:

They didn't find 5k deeds laying around.

There are still exactly 60k deeds.

This added sale doesn't make me feel uncomfortable at all. I will be able get a few more deeds at my next buy. And I buy every month. :cool:

Whenever i write irony i try to remind myself to put it so that sheldon from "the big bang theory would get it" this time it seems i failed.

i know there are 60.000 deeds, question is if there are 20k more waiting to become "wow we got the oportunity to buy more back for you players to buy arent we awesome!"

i could insert a picture of a fan , and another of a boy, but doubt the message would go through.

actually this whole thing is quite amusing to watch since i dont own, or plan to own any cld's.

the option is possibly open to other planets... not that any are at a level to be able to do it yet... but in the future, it could happen... if/when it does, cld prices will probably drop again since it's all about supply/demand. Supply twice as much, demand drops twice as much.

I think MindStar9 is an exemplary member of the community.

It is clear that her goal for many years has been to facilitate better communication and bring us the news.

I'm not aware of anyone else on earth better prepared to provide a news service about Entropia delivered with passion, knowledge, understanding, insight and integrity.

I don't know how anybody would be capable of providing a news service without knowing the news first, so if anyone wants it not to be happening, I think they're basically not wanting a proper news service.

MS9 and MA seem to me to have found a professional, sensible, reasonable middle ground where the news gets to MS9 only as late as it needs to in order to provide a quality news service.

I think this is a great thing for Entropia! Hell, even if I didn't know MS9 from a bar of soap, I would think it's a good idea for MA to find someone to provide a proper news service.

But I DO know MS9, and I trust her, value her and have a great deal of respect for her integrity and enthusiasm.

So on top of it already being a good idea, I for one think it's frigging amazing that we get THE MindStar9 as our news service provider!

It is clear that her goal for many years has been to facilitate better communication and bring us the news.

I'm not aware of anyone else on earth better prepared to provide a news service about Entropia delivered with passion, knowledge, understanding, insight and integrity.

I don't know how anybody would be capable of providing a news service without knowing the news first, so if anyone wants it not to be happening, I think they're basically not wanting a proper news service.

MS9 and MA seem to me to have found a professional, sensible, reasonable middle ground where the news gets to MS9 only as late as it needs to in order to provide a quality news service.

I think this is a great thing for Entropia! Hell, even if I didn't know MS9 from a bar of soap, I would think it's a good idea for MA to find someone to provide a proper news service.

But I DO know MS9, and I trust her, value her and have a great deal of respect for her integrity and enthusiasm.

So on top of it already being a good idea, I for one think it's frigging amazing that we get THE MindStar9 as our news service provider!

Do pardon me of speaking my mind here on this matter...firstly, with the way things are, I highly doubt knowing something 1 hour ahead of time can affect much in the world of EU. I agree, to some others, I may be wrong with this perception but nonetheless, I still think it is so.

Next, in terms of knowing the news ahead of time, I reckon most of the media in real life would also have that to some extent. They need to know the news ahead of time to publish the news. So not really a problem to me if they know it "1" hour ahead of time or so.

I think the only thing MS9 did wrong....was to publish the news "ahead" of the "official" sites. IMO, they should at least synchronize it to publish it all at the same time, or slightly later than official sites. This would probably have reduced the flak i think.

On MA's part, they did wrong to have given the news only to MS9. They should have been more impartial and released the information to "ALL" available news networks.

Last edited:
Sounds more to me like the anonymous "investor" is non-existent, and a more plausible scenario is that MA created 5,000 more CLD's to be sold. Not a bad way to make some more money, if you ask me.

mindark would not "create" more deeds. that would drop the annual revenue of every other deed. plus mindark specifically said that they would not do that.

as for the anonymous investor i believe he is real. if i had so many us dollars tied up in an online account i would definitely not want my character name out there for everyone to try and hack my account. now i am aware that the chance of someone getting away with such an act is pretty slim but i would be cautious just the same. he likely just needed some of his money back and desired to remain anonymous. its good that mindark was willing to do this for him.

i highly doubt mindark would sell these fresh deeds at a loss my guess is they got them for something slightly less than 115 each. i have never known mindark to do anything in game for a loss. which is probably why i cant make profit crafting even the simplest items.

The person behind the avatar MS9 do a very good job, as you all know, I am and will remain critical of MA because I know that MA has over the years been very generous to some players that extends beyond the rules of what we has to follow .

MS9 is a person that I never suspected to have received undue advantages in the game framework, she has certainly received some type of payment for their work, but it certainly has happened outside of the game's frames where she did not receive any benefits in the game against other players.

I respect her for the work she does and follow the good work.

Sir Valentin.

I don't think it was ever a question of MS9's professionalism, dedication, or integrity. I've known MS9 for years, and I can appreciate her dedication to providing news in the game. I don't doubt that she will conduct herself with the utmost professionalism. But that was never the issue.

The issue is that, at the end of the day, MS9 is a player in the game just like everyone else. Whether she's trustworthy or not doesn't change the fact that she is, in fact, a player in the game.

Some other examples may put it into perspective...

When this forum was entropiaforum.com, owned by 711, it was a very popular forum, owned by a player. But it was not the official forum for EU. It was owned by a player. When the database was sold to SEE, and became planetcalypsoforum.com, it was then owned by Planet Calypso, and it became the official forum for EU. When it went back to 711, it was no longer owned by Planet Calypso and it once again was no longer the official forum for EU. This was handled correctly.

When David Dobson became a Planet Partner, his old avatar was mothballed (he was a player in EU before he became a planet partner), and he no longer plays the game. This was handled appropriately.

When MS9 became a writer for Cyrene, her avatar was mothballed. This was also handled correctly.

When Neverdie became a planet partner, he did not mothball his avatar, and he continued to have in-game dealings. Many players of the game (including MS9) protested this, and rightly so.

The main issues are: transparency, impartiality, and potential for abuse of conflict-of-interest. And while MS9's audio release goes a long way towards resolving any transparency issues, it does not resolve issues involving impartiality, nor potential for abuse of conflict-of-interest.

I have a lot of respect for MS9, and I can appreciate that she has done a lot to promote open communication between MA and the player base. I believe that her news service is a positive development for relations with EU. However, for her to receive any information at all, especially of a financially-sensitive nature, in advance of the player base in general is inappropriate.

Whether she receives the information five minutes ahead of time, an hour, multiple hours, or even days is irrelevant. The fact is that one player is being given preferential treatment, and is receiving information ahead of time, to the exclusion of other players.

Some could make the argument that it is necessary for her to receive the information ahead of time in order to properly report it. This may be true. If so, she should not have an avatar in-game. A planet partner would obviously have to know what his planet is developing. That's why a planet partner should not have a personal avatar. A forum owner should not be officially associated with MA.

It's a matter of impartiality.

Do I think that MS9 would abuse any information given her? Certainly not. But that is irrelevant.

I'm currently looking at the announcement as an opportunity to buy more of a good thing. Market price lowering in the short term doesn't phase me at all. As long as the weekly payouts hold and don't drop off drastically nothing has changed.

I only wish i had gotten a few more back during the original sale. The 25k sale announcement cut me short of the number i wanted to originally get.

I wouldnt buy them at 1300, but i might at 1150, still deciding. If they were listing more at 1000 id easily buy more.

Some could make the argument that it is necessary for her to receive the information ahead of time in order to properly report it. This may be true. If so, she should not have an avatar in-game. A planet partner would obviously have to know what his planet is developing. That's why a planet partner should not have a personal avatar. A forum owner should not be officially associated with MA.

Do I think that MS9 would abuse any information given her? Certainly not. But that is irrelevant.
Amen. Lootius be praised.

Whether she receives the information five minutes ahead of time, an hour, multiple hours, or even days is irrelevant. The fact is that one player is being given preferential treatment, and is receiving information ahead of time, to the exclusion of other players.

On the whole I tend to agree with you and MindArk and PP's should try harder for an equal playing field.

However, what's troubling is your unequal stance on this matter with relation Calypso/MindArk. Being an Arkadian advisor you receive information before other players fairly regularly and had no cause to complain then. For example you said:
I did talk to David earlier and he asked me to pass on that it is like 2 am in Singapore and that they will announce it tomorrow, their time. There is apparently some event coming that will help demand for the Arkoins, pending the brokers being turned on. Go A-team.
on this thread:
http://arkadiaforum.com/showthread.php?4864-Planet-Arkadia-Update-2012-5-1-Patch-Release-Notes-(4th-Sept-2012)/page6

You received some information from David Dobson to pass onto the community before other players.

Why is it that Arkadian Advisors are allowed information before other players yet any other planet is not allowed to do the same?

Why is it that Arkadian Advisors are allowed information before other players yet any other planet is not allowed to do the same?

I dont think this oversight was intentional.

I think there is an issue overall with how information is distributed from the developer to the community. It never has been very clear or very well managed.

You received some information from David Dobson to pass onto the community before other players.

Do you remember the occasion? They had just moved office space, and they were on limited connectivity. The Arkoin brokers were to be turned on, and they weren't. One of the staff (I believe it was Cyrus) had announced that there would be an event announced later that day that would fill in temporarily for the Arkoin brokers not being turned on.

But then it got late. It had to be put off until the next day. David asked me to pass it on to the forum, because he was communicating by way of his cell phone connection.

Did he say "There will be an Arkoin auction on the forum where we will be auctioning things for Arkoins? No. He gave me no information not otherwise published as to the nature of the event/auctions. He simply asked me to announce that the announcement has been moved forward, due to time constraints.

Then when they did finally make the announcement, did he tell me what all was happening and have me make the auction flyers? No. I was as in-the-dark as any other player.

There's a big difference.

We have a chat room set up in skype for the Arkadia Advisers. Last week there was an all consuming discussion in private among the Advisers. Here is a direct quote from that discussion. This was said by me:

[10/25/2012 6:58:56 PM] Fishface: ...I also don't think that we, as advisers, should have undue influence on the development of the game. Yes, there is a section on the forum in the advisers area for feedback, and I believe that is the appropriate channel for anything that isn't private to be conveyed. I think that overall, however, our job is to be someone who a noob can look at as a trusted person to verify things, to ask for advise, or to otherwise make their beginning more enjoyable.
As well, there is an "ask an adviser" section in the forum that we can use. As can we set up Adviser events for new players.
But as far as game development, I think that all players, whether new, old, advisers, or players from other planets who come to arkadia to try it before heading back, should all have the same chances to give feedback to the A-team, without one source carrying more weight than the others...

So if you are saying that Advisers should not have undue information, I agree. If you are saying that Advisers should not have undue influence, I agree. If you are saying that being asked to announce that the event announcement is postponed until tomorrow, without being told what the announcement is is the equivalent of being given the announcement hours ahead of time to make on their behalf, you are mistaken. At no point was I told anything about the nature of the event. I knew from the forum that it involved Arkoins, as the whole point was that the brokers were not turned on.

I dont think this oversight was intentional.

I think there is an issue overall with how information is distributed from the developer to the community. It never has been very clear or very well managed.

Ohhh but they do in fact, you didn't notice, they have some topnotch PR firm from the US handling all that. Mindstar this is NOT against you! And only visited your site after this thread... Didn't even know it existed.

Why the heck isn't client loader a very very (and easy way) important "mainstream news site", bulk buy back and redistribution still not there.... Btw, which are the mainstream news site? PRnewswire.com is something all EU players update every 5 minutes.... nor any of the sites getting their info from PRnewswire, just google "mindark land deed" sure you get a lot of hits, but congoo.com, thestreet.com, wcax.com are they really the sources your average EU player reads? And another thing, there is no Mindstar advertisement/banner on the client loader, so is this really the best way to reach directly to the player base?

Message from MindArk's PR agency

Hi all,

Some of you know me as I've commented on various forums over the last three years, but for those that don't I'm the President of the agency that MindArk and Planet Calypso use for public relations. My staff and I run through the planets as "TractionPR" showing media around and getting news out. Any news Mindstar gets is from us, if it's early. I want to jump in here to explain a few things and hopefully calm some folks down. We began working with Mindstar a few months back when I was introduced to her through David at Arkadia. She is known as a fair and thorough reporter of events on all planets and has far deeper player contacts than I ever will. She is our best way to reach directly into the player base and get information to those of you not reading the other mainstream news sites we hit. As such we all thought it best to give players a leg up on the non-players. In other words she gets the news to you an hour early while the rest of the world waits. This was my decision and was done to show that we value players time and attention. Mindstar is not getting any type of unfair player advantage here and is not given news that isn't approve for release. She is journalist that we help, because she helps all of you for free.

and case of best defense is offense? Actually this was something I did read about on PCF and was welcomed by the PCF community, seems like one good way to reach directly to the player base....

Serica, aren't you the News Editor in the revived PCF Newsroom? It seems like something you should disclose and not hide to be accurate. You have a stake in getting news early, which means of course you are against someone else doing it. Unfortunately you chose to attack the person who could give that news to you and hide your stake in the matter. That hardly seems like a great move. I wish you the best of luck in your new position though and please do keep an eye on PR Newswire for the latest news.

and only a rough guess but I'm sure any blue chip company (or any other company for that fact) would wince at the notion that a "trusted news source" should get ANY information prematurely (especially ones that have economic implications), buy hey that's just me. TractionPR, doesn't the US have one of the most stringent insider laws around??? Companies even ask the stock exchange to suspend their stocks from being traded when something of importance is gonna be announced.

I do want to understand why you are so angry, along with Theron. From my point of view what I have seen is someone who does not understand what I do, or even how basic journalism is performed in the world, comment on my ethics while hiding her own agenda. While I am willing to let people comment on other issues they don't understand (such as why the PR guy isn't answering questions about MindArk's economic strategy) I must draw the line somewhere. I would think a forum of "high-octane" people would understand this. Giving stories out early to trustsed news sources is something agencies have done since the 1800's and is not a breach in any form. Should MS9 use this information for her own economic gain in the game world the relationship would be stopped instantly. However she has not done that and has proven herself a hard worker with a penchant for real news. Serica can work as hard as she likes, I appreciate a person who does, but that does not give her to right to throw out accusations without being answered. Now can you please explain why I am not allowed to defend myself, why this is shocking or a poor post. Especially considering the posts that have been sent to me today....

I find the tone of these posts not up to standard for someone working with public relations, again that's just me and I might be making an ass out of myself posting this.

End rant.

Unbelievable that People think CLD's available at a FAIR price is bad

Has anyone heard of Dollar Cost Averaging?

If you are a current holder of CLD's this is your opportunity to actually buy more, and bring your average cost down (assuming you bought at 1300 ped). DCA is for the long term investor and is a good practice. If you are in CLD's for a pump and dump, then if you bought at 1300, you might temporarily lose value and have to hold them. Why is that the problem of anyone else? Any price difference between what you paid, and what they sell for now is a paper gain, and like with any investment, unless you sell, and monetize that gain, it's subject to fluctuation and potential loss of value. It's just common financial sense. MA nor anyone else has taken anything from you, or ripped you off. It is completely up to an investor when to sell and monetize gains. If you are in for the long term income, then why do you give a toss about this sale. It won't matter.

If you missed out, like I did, then it's a great opportunity to get in at a decent, non-reseller inflated price.

One thing is for sure, the same old vulture resellers will be sitting on the auction 24/7 buying them up and then re-listing immediately at higher prices, just like during the first round. I could rattle off the list of usual suspects, but that's against the rules.

One can only hope that the average players gets an opportunity to pick some up, and those that are complaining that MA has screwed them over will realize this is a normal functioning economy of sorts, and the mechanics of paper gains and losses applies to CLD's just like it would a share of stock.

Never ever did MA say, if the price of a CLD goes to X, that we guarantee that value for you perpetually, that's just head in a bucket thinking.

I hope the people that are responding angrily to this thread, will read the above, and take it for what it is. An opportunity, one way or the other is the outcome. It's up to each of you what you make of it.

Regards,

Dakin

Has anyone heard of Dollar Cost Averaging?

If you are a current holder of CLD's this is your opportunity to actually buy more, and bring your average cost down (assuming you bought at 1300 ped). DCA is for the long term investor and is a good practice. If you are in CLD's for a pump and dump, then if you bought at 1300, you might temporarily lose value and have to hold them. Why is that the problem of anyone else? Any price difference between what you paid, and what they sell for now is a paper gain, and like with any investment, unless you sell, and monetize that gain, it's subject to fluctuation and potential loss of value. It's just common financial sense. MA nor anyone else has taken anything from you, or ripped you off. It is completely up to an investor when to sell and monetize gains. If you are in for the long term income, then why do you give a toss about this sale. It won't matter.

If you missed out, like I did, then it's a great opportunity to get in at a decent, non-reseller inflated price.

One thing is for sure, the same old vulture resellers will be sitting on the auction 24/7 buying them up and then re-listing immediately at higher prices, just like during the first round. I could rattle off the list of usual suspects, but that's against the rules.

One can only hope that the average players gets an opportunity to pick some up, and those that are complaining that MA has screwed them over will realize this is a normal functioning economy of sorts, and the mechanics of paper gains and losses applies to CLD's just like it would a share of stock.

Never ever did MA say, if the price of a CLD goes to X, that we guarantee that value for you perpetually, that's just head in a bucket thinking.

I hope the people that are responding angrily to this thread, will read the above, and take it for what it is. An opportunity, one way or the other is the outcome. It's up to each of you what you make of it.

Regards,

Dakin

Don't think the majority of posters have a problem with the price. As I see it the problem is the way it was conducted, the PR firm's response didn't help either IMHO. We still don't know if the 1150 price is SB/BO or just SB (most probably SB/BO), in what time frame will they be released (10x1, wait 10x1 wait... or how), will there be more released above the 5k at a later date. Questions, questions, questions... Mind you all are valid questions, knowing MA....

Everything in EU is about adaption, same goes for CLDs.

Don't think the majority of posters have a problem with the price. As I see it the problem is the way it was conducted, the PR firm's response didn't help either IMHO. We still don't know if the 1150 price is SB/BO or just SB (most probably SB/BO), in what time frame will they be released (10x1, wait 10x1 wait... or how), will there be more released above the 5k at a later date. Questions, questions, questions... Mind you all are valid questions, knowing MA....

Everything in EU is about adaption, same goes for CLDs.

Yes they are valid questions, but MA are under no obligation to give the details.

And someone wrote earlier this is clear that MA don't treat all avatars fairly. If someone could explain how the CLD owner was treated differnetly i would love to know how?

As far as i can guess, MA bought them back under market price and are selling them back to the community. If anything the CLD owner is losing peds out of it. I am sure anyone could approach MA and ask if they would buy their CLD's back. Just expect to sell them at a reduced rate

Rgds

Ace

Yes they are valid questions, but MA are under no obligation to give the details.

And someone wrote earlier this is clear that MA don't treat all avatars fairly. If someone could explain how the CLD owner was treated differnetly i would love to know how?

As far as i can guess, MA bought them back under market price and are selling them back to the community. If anything the CLD owner is losing peds out of it. I am sure anyone could approach MA and ask if they would buy their CLD's back. Just expect to sell them at a reduced rate

Rgds

Ace

Do you really think MA would buy back all deeds from ppl who bought them at 1K for more (even if it's less then the 1150 stated, say 1050 or 1100 ped)?

Do you really think MA would buy back all deeds from ppl who bought them at 1K for more (even if it's less then the 1150 stated, say 1050 or 1100 ped)?

Well if they wouldn't then the argument that "they do not treat all avatars equally" is fair. But untill i hear to the contrary then i will stick to my point.

Rgds

Ace

if i had more then 1 cld i would try, just to see what happends.
Any good soul wonna try?

I listened with interest to MS9's 'Mindstar9's Message to the Community' podcast on her website (which I came across only via a link posted on EF, and surprisingly not here on PCF which is where the discussion has been ongoing).

Some points I would make:
1. Whether or not MS9 personally holds any CLDs, or indeed has an ingame assets whatever, is not the issue. Nor are her professional or personal integrity being questioned.
The issue of concern is that of any 'player' having advance knowledge of information contained in press releases, and still being able to keep their ordinary avatar within the game. An issue that MS9 herself described in 2010 in a similar context as the "perception of potential impropriety".

2. I am somewhat flabbergasted that MS9 states that her signing a non-disclosure agreement is presently only 'in discussion' between herself and MindArk's PR agency. This should surely have been one of the most basic of precautions taken by them at the beginning of any arrangement and before any work was undertaken.
I note also that it seems that MSM staff are similarly not yet bound by any non-disclosure agreement.

3. MS9 says she has 'no clue whatsoever what I could have done in that short period of time'. This seems somewhat naive. 'Skype > copy/paste a paragraph > broadcast to a select group of EU friends with substantial investments' springs to my mind immediately, and that's without giving it more than a few seconds thought. Again, it's the "perception of potential impropriety" issue. Noone has suggested actual impropriety.

4. MS9 is surprised about the increased traffic to her personal website. I'm not.
I'm not privy to whatever arrangement exists between 711 and MS9 as to the use of a sponsored sub-forum here and on EF, but - as MS9 only posts the first paragraph of the article here with a link to her website - perforce members here (and on the other forums where she posts) are required to go to her site to read the full article.
So, articles that are described as being 'to make sure the Entropia community gets the news first, even if it's only an hour prior to it hitting the news wires' can ONLY be read on MindStarMedia - MS9's personal website. I can see the benefit to her, especially given that she says that they are in the process of developing advertising on the site - advertising needs traffic to be viable.
I'm not entirely sure that I yet see any advantage to the EU community in general, at least insofar as the media releases that MindArk publish on the entropiauniverse site, or the planet partners publish on their own sites, and which up until now have been available to be picked up by ALL websites/forums (including society ones, foreign language ones etc) at exactly the same time.

5. There are also practical considerations that became obvious as soon as BerthaBot here picked up the RSS feed from entropiauniverse.com an hour or so after MS9 posted her thread. Suddenly there were TWO threads containing member discussion of identical news, which were not amenable to being merged - one in MS9's sponsored sub-forum and one in the EU News forum. One way around that might be for 711 (and all other forum owners with similar newsfeeds) to change the BerthaBot so it no longer picks up RSS feeds from planetcalypso.com or entropiauniverse.com - henceforth all news would come only via MSM and be discussed here in her sponsored sub-forum. But do members really want that ? And what happens with VU release notes, announcement of VU server down times, etc?
(Note: The other articles MS9 develops herself, such as the ones on WoF results are not of issue here. Those types of articles, I agree, add to the diversity of news coverage within EU :) )

6. MS9 says she has 'no issue with my MS9 avatar being restricted from withdrawing funds, so long as I am able to continue to deposit and interact with the community to give out prizes at MindStarRadio events and activities, and compensate the MSM staff for their work.'
It is not clear what the contractual arrangements (if any) are between MS9/MSM and the various entities involved (MindArk, MindArk's PR agency, various planet partners), but I would suggest the relationship is in practical terms at least as close at that of a sub-contractor/employee, even if financial considerations have not yet been arranged.
And therefore I would suggest that her personal avatar should be held by MindArk to the same stringent monitoring as that of any MindArk or planet partner employee.
As SpikeBlack once put it:
...all we need to know is that all active players employed by your [business] are totally banned from withdrawing cash / gaining financially by playing, from transferring assets to non employees other than as a reward in an event, that any loot they may get is put back into the system, no insider information is passed to non employees i.e. they're under an nda so that prior knowledge before an official announcement that allows them to gain financially that isn't passed to all players of [Entropia] at the same time ... and that their avatars are monitored in the same way that the [planet partner] ones are.
Or perhaps to use MS9's own words (in relation to FPC staff):
... official avatars are definitely restricted, and I think this should be the standard for all ... development staff, no matter what position you hold in the company...

Should the onus be on the player involved here, or on MindArk/PR Agency/Planet Partner to think these things through before the start of this or any similar arrangement? Personally I'd say MindArk etc.
Yet given MS9's long history in the game, and her championing of standards to be enforced on others, she should have been aware that there could be a "perception of potential impropriety" in her own case, and acted accordingly.

Why is this news item not in the Client Loader?

The news item about the Audited CLD Revenue is there under Planet Calypso.

Under Entropia Universe there are the Release Notes and the Server Notes, but none of the articles which appear in this sub-Forum as News.

So,

Why is this article here under Entropia Universe, when it pertains to Calypso?
Why do no News Items from Entropia Universe appear in the Client Loader?

I find it astonishing that an announcement such as this has to be read on any of the News Media outlets at all, and is not visible to all players.

Did MA in fact deliberately publish this news where they knew it wouldn't be visible to all players?

If MA sorted out their own mechanism, perhaps we would not have arguments about who knows what when.

Last edited:
Or perhaps to use MS9's own words (in relation to FPC staff):
I was wondering when someone would finally link to that thread... The issues mentioned in that thread still never got resolved, and they just sort of sat and festered all this time under the surface, which lead to this latest incident happening because no one at Mindark really ever did anything about the issue(s) back then... or if they did, they didn't make it clear to the community exactly what they did do about it back then since at least one official planet partner that is coming to the game soon still had (may still have?) employees with personal avatars in 2011 , another keeps on using their own avatar (which might be non-personal but no one has ever said that outright yet or proven it), and when the community asked Mindark about it, the response was that a response would be forthcoming back in July, 2011 - so far we are still waiting for that response..

Back