Mining Pointers

R4tt3xx

I want to believe
Society
Freelancer
Alexis Sky Greenstar
I would just like to add a few pointers with regards to mining...

1) Expect to LOOSE all the peds you have deposited
2) Make a plan
3) Stick to the plan
4) Document the plan and it's results
5) Don't get frustrated when the plan does not work (see point 1)
6) Stay within budget

Lets focus a bit on mining planning...

Lets say that I need to know a little bit about the area that I wish to mine in, what I would do is place probes/bombs at preset locations in the selected area and mine those points at set timed intervals, documenting not only the hits / misses, times etc but also the method used while mining. Each time this is performed it must be the same as before. Once the area has been surveyed, move onto the next one following the same steps that you have documented.

Lets put this into practice, I want to check an area 1km squared with gaps of about 250 meters between them. So I would need 16 bombs and 16 probes, grand ped cost of 24 peds per run. If I do that for a week, I would need 168 ped. This value is JUST TO SURVEY the area in an attempt to see if there are any obvious patterns. Based on these results I would also be able to analyse my mining method (as it is already documented as well as my mining hit and return rates).The average hit rate for mining is around 25%, so anything higher than that per mining drop type is a bonus.

L8R

I would just like to add a few pointers with regards to mining...

1) Expect to LOOSE all the peds you have deposited
2) Make a plan
3) Stick to the plan
4) Document the plan and it's results
5) Don't get frustrated when the plan does not work (see point 1)
6) Stay within budget

*Run screaming in all the forum trowing away own hairs and screaming like mad* SNABLE , they all get snabled , they all get snabled....EU god save us....

*Run screaming in all the forum trowing away own hairs and screaming like mad* SNABLE , they all get snabled , they all get snabled....EU god save us....

I don't get it

Any way I just thought of something else.

You now have your mining method and it works very well, remember how you got there and keep EVERYTHING documented. EU is dynamic and will change, the method that you created, in order to gather your initial mining data is very valuable as it can be used to determine trends to the "system" (if you determine that there is indeed one).

I don't get it

Its special forum joke , only some forum whore will understand.

You now have your mining method and it works very well, remember how you got there and keep EVERYTHING documented. EU is dynamic and will change, the method that you created, in order to gather your initial mining data is very valuable as it can be used to determine trends to the "system" (if you determine that there is indeed one).

The methode is important only if you have some real tehory on how the deposit spawning work.
If you have no clue , then , not methode are better than other , drop bomb run and hope...

Sorry, Etopia, I don't get it either...

Regardless of whether you are looking for patterns or not, this does seem like good advice to help you see what is in a specific area on a consistent basis. As much as I am a skeptic of any pattern theory, I gotta hand it to you R4tt3xx, this post makes sense!

Ahhh "the snable" lol

Very funny, where is he anyway, he hasnt posted in a while?

well i got the joke, guess what that makes me :(

btw R4tt3xx, very comprehensive post, compared to your other theories :)

A theory is just that, a theory. It has to be proven over and over again in order to do any good. Make up your own mind.

What is needed is a framework to work from. A set pattern while you mine to see if patterns actually exist.

I can tell you one pattern that already has been proven, 25% hit rate ....

the patterns of chaos can only be seen from
a) an insight perspective and with
b) a state of mind that simply does not see chaos, but patterns in the against infinite :D complexity, that can only be interpreted as chaos by a more stupid mind.

roll on Rattexx, thx for your efforts +REP

AHH, THE SNABLE :yay::yay:

Regardless of whether you are looking for patterns or not, this does seem like good advice to help you see what is in a specific area on a consistent basis.

Orrrrrrrr..... you can get No Resources Found (NRF) https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...rce-found-mining-skilling-app.html#post537868, add 100 of your own claims, then upload them to http://www.entropiaminers.com/ and you'll have access to over 60k claims since Jan 2007, and that will tell you what is found where on a consistent basis. :)

I want to check an area 1km squared with gaps of about 250 meters between them. So I would need 16 bombs and 16 probes, grand ped cost of 24 peds per run. If I do that for a week, I would need 168 ped. This value is JUST TO SURVEY the area in an attempt to see if there are any obvious patterns.

So you only survey an area at "ONE" depth.. then move on? :scratch2:

Ever tried searching the same area again and again with different finders? :rolleyes:

Explore down as well as out... u may be pleasantly suprised :cool:

Regards
Jack Scudd Samuels

or... if you know the patterns of an area, you can do better than 25% hit rate (a lot better).

My advice, be methodical and map the area. Learn how the mines are aligned as knowledge is power. The tough part is mining after they respawn and before someone else does.

Orrrrrrrr..... you can get No Resources Found (NRF) https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...rce-found-mining-skilling-app.html#post537868, add 100 of your own claims, then upload them to http://www.entropiaminers.com/ and you'll have access to over 60k claims since Jan 2007, and that will tell you what is found where on a consistent basis. :)

This is a good place for reference, but I wouldn't go as far as to call it cannon. That whole "EU is dynamic" thing...

So you only survey an area at "ONE" depth.. then move on? :scratch2:

Ever tried searching the same area again and again with different finders? :rolleyes:

Explore down as well as out... u may be pleasantly suprised :cool:

Regards
Jack Scudd Samuels

This is a very good point. A very extensive survey would need to be conducted at a variety of depths and with a variety of finders, not to mention with/without amps. If you can find that info in that website and do some comprehensive mapping over some general areas, you might come out with something useful.

(ignoring the obvious contradiction in terms about doing something comprehensively over something general... )

My tip is,

Just drop bombs.

Choose a nice long run that has little mobs, tunr the ingame music way up and go for it.

This is world is about fun, however you choose to have fun is uo to you.

In the end, just go for it!

I am starting to work on my own system again. Pretty good so far, I have my own personal mining conditions mapped out as well as a well you could call it a pattern generator. It's quite accurate in mineral rich areas and is tool independent.

Prehaps it's time to learn php and make the pattern generation script...

I think this is the best mining theory so far and a true one too:

"not methode are better than other , drop bomb run and hope..."
Quote from ETOPIA.

A theory is just that, a theory. It has to be proven over and over again in order to do any good.
well, actualy, technicaly speaking, a theory derives from one or multiple assumption. 25% hit rate, yes, it's a theory, is it provable by methidic observation and calculations. but the fact that there is a spawn pattern is a hypothesis(according to wiki:A hypothesis (from Greek ὑπόθεσις) consists either of a suggested explanation for an observable phenomenon or of a reasoned proposal predicting a possible causal correlation among multiple phenomena) which, if proven, becomes a theory. but the pattern hypothesis cand be either true or false, because we lack the input factors which atm are unknown (as in we don't know 100% sure if there is a defined pattern as input parameter in a finding algorithm).
in conclusion, all we can do is try to find a possible effect for a possible causality, which , by definition (lack of known input parameters) can't always be true or false in one moment in time. otherwise, we'll end up like Einstein when he altered the Galilean transformation to accommodate the lack of addition of velocities with regard to the speed of light :D

My tactic:

1. Buy shitloads of bombs and probes
2. Throw your dice to point where to mine.
3. Drop all your bombs and probes
4. Profit: Dont tell anyone, use your profit to buy amp and shitloads of bombs, excecute phases 2&3 again, after this depending on result move to phase 4 or 5
5. Loss: Run around the big cities whining about MA being assholes and stealing ur peds, then come to EF to tell that mining is just gambling and everyone in MA sux.
6. Deposit more money and move to phase 1

most important part imo is documentation (appears also to hunting and craftig). noting down setup and results over long time can give hints to cause and action and lead to optimizing strategy. also, since EU is dynamic, changes can be seen better when comparing notes so adjusting accordingly might work better when having stats instead of just feelings.

With the theory that I am working on, I have a base site, a starting location if you will, it's always the same, same coordinates, same time, same method, the results ..... well now thats my dirty little secret. I have a interval of time that may or may not be a spawn timer of such. It's basically how long a site will take to respawn in the same location.

If you have a theory , go ahead and test it, if you post it, I doubt anyone will listen to you. The problem is that EU is very dynamic, a system / method or concept that does work now may or may not work a few hours / weeks / minutes from now. The best that you can do is an outline. For me I am going to look at minimums, ie whats the smallest mining area that is in the game, and start with something of that size

Darn it, work again

Last edited:
i think the biggest problem for a miner is when to mine and when you can mine the same location again.

my personal believe is that finds are like mobs... if you mine an area 24/7 you will keep find stuff if the area is big enough. and if you spend enough peds in 1 area you will finaly hit a global/hof.

Back