FYI: Minning Log - Road to ath? or Mindark Broken System?

And that's the reason I post 2 numbers for my mining trips ;)

But how you mine, where, and when, all plays a role and especially the sales price!!!
Have explained this a thousand times... TT even the fillers and you make a loss...

And if you still make a loss after selling, then you are doing something wrong and you need to reconsider how you play or adjust your prizes, it's that simple.
And again, skills DO NOT MATTER in mining.
"I have 100%+ tt returns if you don't you do something wrong"
you have 0 idea about amped/preamped mining becous you decided after maybe 100 drops "my tt is below 100% amping dosnt work" otherwise you would have learned that your hitrate on ressources unamped/amped is the same (dunkle/tride/rugar may be different but even that is something i dont belive).
but thos are not your personal experiences and you make it a point to say evrebody who says something else then you is lieing.
as for the whole skills thing i cant feel a difference aside from unlocking new finders aswell but MA was pretty clear to me about "skills and gear being the most important part of mining"

as i said before millions my ass, your cost is 3-4 months of active mining (that a top miner should hit easy)

Now let me give you my hunting experience. In 6 months im down -200k in TT and i dont complain like you do. My markup covers this bad cycle without problem.

Only one to blame here is the community, i remember few years ago they said the muli system is boring so MA increased again the volatility thats why you see a person getting multiple hofs in a short period.
with how focused you are on turnover over kills/claims let me just quot the The MA statment to that
The amount of turnover isn't very relevant to the average return or volatility in return for any individual player. To reach a stable average return it's really the amount of loot instances or creatures killed that matters. As an example, if a player kills 2 Sand Kings spending about 5000 PED to do so the expected loot returned on those 2 kills can vary greatly. If instead killing 200,000 Punies also about 5000 PED the expected loot return is going to be very close to the expected average of 96%+ seen in the 2017 group. A more realistic example of this is perhaps spending 300 PED hunting Proterons vs spending 300 PED hunting small Argonauts where the Argonaut hunt will usually yield similar results and the Proteron hunt results can be all over the place since the loot events are so few.
The reason turnover is chosen as the metric to present these statistics is because number of kills doesn't really say much about which level of players are in which category since anyone can kill a large number of mobs if they are small enough.

I'm mentioning hunting because in both profession same thing happening atm > big volatility.

Also you should start from +52k peds
He is starting a completly new log that means he should not start from anything but 0. the whole conzept of an avg is that no matter when you start to count you will always end up at that avg over time.
not to forget he already mentiont a lot of times that his avg was 90% and he only reached 94% with the hit.

Both Mining and Hunting are volatile activities and the sheer ammount of $ required is what keeps players from joining and playing the game. Those on top are the ones who try to say that everything is fine and there is no need for change but they are affraid of changes . The investment required in entropia also means that there are very few people that dare to progress thru the game and while following self restaint and doing things carefully to stay afloat. You can't simply start playing and hunt or mine grind to buy yourself better gear. People simply when they are ready to change their level of gameplay put cash in to buy the next level of gear. And untill that change the population of the game won't increase if nothing it has shrunk over the years. And while new graphics can icrease the number of people playing you need to change the economy so those players that join want to stay and play. At 100$ a month+ the game does not offfer enough enterntainment value and it also makes it one of the most expensive mmos. Everyone should be able to play top gear should cost considerable ammount of cash that people can either grind for 1+ year or take a shortcut and give you their cash. But besides staying afloat those people who currently play do not feel satisfied from progressing thru Entropia because each aditional step is made with credit card or they reach some level of personal developpment and they stay there trying to stay afloat.
What you ask for is a pay to win game not a RCE. all the gear i currently have is from me grinding for ped to reach higher lvls.

as for the whole skills thing i cant feel a difference aside from unlocking new finders aswell but MA was pretty clear to me about "skills and gear being the most important part of mining"

In game skills are just one aspect of the game and a way to measure progress and utilize better gear. I've always understood "skills" the way MA states it as in game and also those in real life understanding the game and then using that to be more successful.

Now that it's clear this is just a TT in TT out log and it was my mistake for not understanding that initially then the data seems a bit more clear. Anyone of of us can go from pretty dismal returns to the average with just one big loot. TT in and TT out model is always variable and doesn't mean the game is broken or some shenanigans are taking place.

Good luck to the original poster on your quest until MA changes the paradigm once again and we all have to adapt or die.

21/11/13
spend 5700
return 4911
19x lvl5 ...- 1900 drops

i can do more since still early but nah get bored.... with this V and VI claim amped

Last edited:
try making 80 drops in 10 min and we can talk again.
for cordinats how about you ask evrey miner who has had something like 20 drops no hit in a row reloged and appeared on a coordinat 1-2k meter away and no this is not a new thing but something that mostly happend in argus until recently and yes the place you spawn in that case at least at argus is pretty much the same for all tha experienced this
Holy shit, you are actually right. I read this a while back and just had straight 20% hit rate through 3 amps and figured i would see if there was any validity to this and sure enough, i stood still for 20 seconds and logged out on Lat 92880 and logged back on at 93305. Went back and went straight NRF again, so i tried to log out agian this time on 91330 and logged back on at 91711. And it did it again for a third time.

This is honestly quite conserning, because the past four-five months have been REALLY weird for me, tt-return wise. Like really really weird.

EDIT: Ok so it seems benign, ive been able to replicate the issue on diffrent places of Caly and what it seems to be is if you hit log out and let the timer run the 20 seconds, and not click exit/leave whatever, you will log back on where you logged out. If you hit the button and don't let the timer run out you'll spawn somewhere way back. Please do try it out and see if you can get a different result. I only tried 10-12 times so its not a big sample, but it was consistant.

Last edited:
i got small experience in mining but i noted that
1. amp MU is lost so using them costantly is like being in a 3..5% taxed land permanently
2. amping increase the swing magnitudo

i see your incredible stats of level 120+ and i cant believe your entire gaming experience is "i lost a small car costantly bleeding running in circles and dropping bombs" so there must be a part not written in the log that is actual TOTAL RETURN (Including extracted MU) or a severe case of self inflicted punishment.

That said i wish you to stabilize returns and i keep dropping unamped (and avoid treasure drop on arkadia)

[EDIT]
22/11/13
spend 4800
return 3579
16x lvl5...

[TOTAL SO FAR]
Spend 118050
Return 103405

310x lvl5 - 31 000 drops
30x D-class - 1200 drops
-14645 tt
tt 87.59%

Sometimes i wish know if P20 going fix this... at this stage i afraid no.....
So mindark i guess is time to some multi rigth??

Last edited:
23/11/13
Spend 4600
Return 4026

Pretty busy day to me here , tomorrow probably i can do way way more

I notice alot claims 5 and 6 , aka V and VI with Ore only - lvl5 amped and is should be crime... and probably this is reason i get rekt in long term

Last edited:
24/11/13
spend 5700
return 5070

classic

Amped mining is broken and no longer exciting or fun. Caps on claim sizes and resources with mu are glaringly apparent, and have been now for years. Honestly, it feels like a blatant rip off most days. What is really annoying is that people will tell you to do unamped mining instead and it's guaranteed profit. I call bullshit on that, or they are talking a nice, slow and steady 5 ped profit a day, akin to sweating. There is no fun in that. You will also hear the peanut gallery pipe up from time to time and say "but this is what the players asked for"! No, no the miners did not ask for this.

Amped mining is broken and no longer exciting or fun. Caps on claim sizes and resources with mu are glaringly apparent, and have been now for years. Honestly, it feels like a blatant rip off most days. What is really annoying is that people will tell you to do unamped mining instead and it's guaranteed profit. I call bullshit on that, or they are talking a nice, slow and steady 5 ped profit a day, akin to sweating. There is no fun in that. You will also hear the peanut gallery pipe up from time to time and say "but this is what the players asked for"! No, no the miners did not ask for this.
lvl 3 amps work wonders for me still

lvl 3 amps work wonders for me still
I will certainly give it a try. When the amped claims started presenting their consistently, capped sizes, I had a good time with smaller amp for about a year. Then, with the surprise introduction of mu resources becoming almost impossible to hit while amping, the fun stopped.

Yes and no. depend day
image.png

Lets me keep grind . one day mindark will payback

25/11/23
spend 5100
return 4566
17x lvl5....

[TOTAL SO FAR]
spend 133450
return 117087

360x lvl5
30x D-class
-16363 tt
tt 87.38%

Last edited:
can you disclose mu imput?

sometimes in order to change your outcome, you have to change your process

food for thought

I not going disclosure anything beyond that

But yo i can do no amp... and changes areas many you like , i did over 4yr , dont change any bit or result itself
(in this time i also try hunt and craft both worse btw)
Only thing not try yet is p20....

respectfully....
can you post total cost versus total return?
i dont care at all of the exact numbers, but just if there is once accounted
you are at least 1 ped positive or if you are costantly loosing ped and you continue to TOP UP Ped card for 120 levels...

respectfully....
can you post total cost versus total return?
i dont care at all of the exact numbers, but just if there is once accounted
you are at least 1 ped positive or if you are costantly loosing ped and you continue to TOP UP Ped card for 120 levels...
you mean my 15yr of minning? or just for this?

I did when messi argue about ath , i post numbers , and this log you can scroll up and you see total so far
yes i need update main psot eventual

i went back to the OP

TT 94.33% after ATH

Let's suppose that ATH closes one cycle... 94.3% is TT
so you miss let's say 8% to cover TT losses and some MU injected (AMPS).
if you are mining for some MU items i suppose that you are in profit since inception and you have also accumulated probably 50k TT of skill.s

i am sorry but TT is a bad parameter, we always should calculate total input and total return... to see a profit and loss company style.

I know read is hard boys..
But point this log not say if profit or not.

But Bullshit using tm8 rank 60 finder... 1000 average depth...
Using small amps , Doing more loot event that any dude and get tt 88-90% regular

I notice i forget post yasterday... sooooooo
26/11/23

Spend 5700
Return 4930
86.41% / 19x lvl5 - aka 1900 drop ore

Today maybe i do , maybe no depend my workload

is this not the definition of insanity?

27/11/23 - 28/11/23

Yes i busy....
Spend : 6400
Return : 5778

In couples hours i going start next day or not.... have fun boys

If this is the case then there is a mechanic in the loot algorithm that tracks your individual returns.
everything is tracked, from the distance your avatar walks to the number of miles you drive or fly to the amount of ped cycled and what not

just go to RT for the first time and dozens of "achievements" appear on the screen

however, we can only speculate as to how exactly that information is used behind the scenes

Holy shit, you are actually right. I read this a while back and just had straight 20% hit rate through 3 amps and figured i would see if there was any validity to this and sure enough, i stood still for 20 seconds and logged out on Lat 92880 and logged back on at 93305. Went back and went straight NRF again, so i tried to log out agian this time on 91330 and logged back on at 91711. And it did it again for a third time.

This is honestly quite conserning, because the past four-five months have been REALLY weird for me, tt-return wise. Like really really weird.

EDIT: Ok so it seems benign, ive been able to replicate the issue on diffrent places of Caly and what it seems to be is if you hit log out and let the timer run the 20 seconds, and not click exit/leave whatever, you will log back on where you logged out. If you hit the button and don't let the timer run out you'll spawn somewhere way back. Please do try it out and see if you can get a different result. I only tried 10-12 times so its not a big sample, but it was consistant.
I can second this. I have on multiple instances had 30-40 nrfs in a row. I later checked in with Frilas and found out this shit exists. ever since i have tried logging in and out when i have close to 15 nrfs in a row and see the loc hasnt changed. Ive lost around 500 ped due to this bug in the past. Even sent a ticket the moment i saw so many nefs back to back ( no response what a surprise).

Reactions: SSN
I can second this. I have on multiple instances had 30-40 nrfs in a row. I later checked in with Frilas and found out this shit exists. ever since i have tried logging in and out when i have close to 15 nrfs in a row and see the loc hasnt changed. Ive lost around 500 ped due to this bug in the past. Even sent a ticket the moment i saw so many nefs back to back ( no response what a surprise).
This is correct, happened to many miners, still rare to happen

29/11/23
Spend 4800
Return 3674

[Today is mark 1 month]
So...........
[Total 29-10-23 <-> 29-11-23]
Spend 150 350
Return 131 469

415x Lvl5.....(in case you forget is 41 500 drops)
30x D-class(+1200 drops)
-18 881 TT
TT 87.44%

Highest Loot so far 905 Iron....
5x Sooto

So yea game is fine..... /s
Note i not going close cycle util i hit tt 94-95%.... so drama keep going
Also huge notice better loot is now time wave ,,, and many happen in mindark office hours between 6MA GMT/In game time and 15MA/GMT/Ingame time , its not like old system that based in ammount loot/drops event... so if you are out this timezone or cant play yea you probably going get rekt or low quality loot

Last edited:
Back