Society
NEVERDIE
NEVERDIE
Compete or Watch Live on Twitch at www.twitch.tv/poptropiatv

May the Best Avatar Win!

for more details http://mmowc.com/

official Press release
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2016/03/prweb13257986.htm

The MMOWC (Massive Multiplayer Online World Championship) returns after 6 year hiatus and will be broadcast live on Twitch, hosted by former e-sports champion and leading candidate for President of Virtual Reality Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs

Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) March 11, 2016

The MMOWC will be broadcast live on Twitch, starting with Round #1 open entry events on Saturday, March 12, at noon PST. The popular World Championship hunting event is geared towards players of popular MMORPG's and attracts the biggest guns in MMO gaming, seeking the glory of the World Champion title.

Prizes for the 2016 MMOWC include an assortment of Virtual Reality gear including the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive, plus highly coveted King Kong Tommy Guns and Snub nose pistols with combined market value in excess of $10,000 USD

Twitch viewers will also have the chance to win Rockbucks, the primary POPtropia cryptocurrency, in addition to Steel Series and Razer gaming gear by predicting the plays of the competitors in the live Twitch chat.

Previous MMOWC Final Events were hosted in Miami and Las Vegas during CES in 2007 and 2008 and online in 2009. The event was put on hold in 2010 when NEVERDIE sold his Virtual Asteroid inside Entropia Universe, where the actual competitions took place for $635,000 USD, setting a world record in the process. A new Club NEVERDIE Champions Park was designed specifically to host the MMOWC on a secret tropical island connected to Planet ROCKtropia. The first season of POPtropia Champions league events resumed in September 2015 and the e-sport has now been tweaked for live broadcasting on Twitch.

"The MMOWC is the most avatar centric event in e-sports today, some competitors' avatars are over 10 years old with tens of thousands of dollars in skill and equipment value," said MMOWC founder and host Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs. "The MMOWC hit a wall in 2009 because it just wasn't viable for traditional TV broadcasting. A new Club NEVERDIE stadium, better suited for spectator engagement, was built and, now utilizing Twitch, it's possible to have a spectator-friendly e-sports league and world championship that viewers can engage with. The MMOWC is a high octane e-sports hunting event that draws on the skills of MMO gamers as opposed to console gamers .The 2016 MMOWC will cast a spotlight on the rapidly rising stars of the sport."

About MMOWC

MMOWC is the MMO World Championship e-sports hunting tournament hosted at Club NEVERDIE in Entropia Universe. The MMOWC is unique in e-sports because competitors must rely heavily on their personal avatar skills and equipment combined with a sharp hunting strategy to score bonus point combinations. Visit http://www.MMOWC.com for details

Good luck with the event! So glad to see this back and bigger than ever.

Great advertising for EU as well :wtg:

Thanks for taking the time to post stuff like this in the forum, it is nice to see what the planet partners are up too.

Last edited:
How do I earn rockbux for watching

So you've decided to tell us today about an event that starts today, but without telling us anything about the rules, or how it works, or how the prizes, which you've vaguely alluded to, will be allocated.

What an amazing marketeer you are. Now we understand why everyone wants you to be president.

you can do it my way.go there, tp randomly, shoot and hope
gg best event, not

Reactions: Mac
So you've decided to tell us today about an event that starts today, but without telling us anything about the rules, or how it works, or how the prizes, which you've vaguely alluded to, will be allocated.

What an amazing marketeer you are. Now we understand why everyone wants you to be president.

Gosh!

:acid:

Well, I got my info from this post, from where you were forwarded to the event web site. Had plenty of time to plan for a nice evening of watching on Twitch... :dunno:

Really awesome event! great to see that its being streamed as well.

Come on, MMOWC info has been around since atleast September last year and now has an entire website page dedicated to explaining the event and prices. When we toss mud around can we please toss premium mud instead of garbage? its exhausting.

Last edited:
Well, I got my info from this post, from where you were forwarded to the event web site. Had plenty of time to plan for a nice evening of watching on Twitch... :dunno:

Right, so you saw that information a whole one day in advance, and were able to view a website which still doesn't tell us what the rules of the event are, but does include the warning "WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO ADJUST THE RULES FROM WEEK TO WEEK TO KEEP THINGS FAIR OR TO ADD MORE EXCITEMENT."

Right, so you saw that information a whole one day in advance, and were able to view a website which still doesn't tell us what the rules of the event are, but does include the warning "WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO ADJUST THE RULES FROM WEEK TO WEEK TO KEEP THINGS FAIR OR TO ADD MORE EXCITEMENT."

All of the rules and scoring and prizes are listed on that website.

The hate is strong in this one...

I am glad to see at least a ongoing event with good Prices from #1-10.
But realy? I've missed some advertising for this for the whole community.
I've watched this event a lil bit on twitch til i got tired lol
ND's words...forget WoW forget all other games...this is the real MMOWC where competitors have ten thousands of Dollars in Items :confused::scratch2: i've seen only 2 ppl maybe 3 :wise:

Where are the real competitors?
This MMOWC aint even close to similar to the past MMOWC's, it's a bit boring

Where are the real competitors?

You have those that won the first 20 places in the last Champions League who have a bye until rounds 3 and 5 depending on where they fell. Still doesn't have all of the biggest names that you would expect but a few of them are in there.

As for overall awareness of the event, I agree it could have been put out there better than it was.

Finally, folks that are interested can still get into the overall event though buying in tomorrow or during rounds 3-5. Cost goes up as a round is finishes, but still possible. Today was free stages and 10 ped stages. Round two (tomorrow is 100 ped tickets), Round three is 500 ped tickets, and so on. This lets those that missed earlier rounds get into the event or those you were knocked out of earlier rounds get back in. Round five is the final event folks will be able to get in.

Still time for you to join in!

I tuned in a bit last night as a spectator on twitch and there´s a tad bit of work to be done here I think, basically some fine tuning, for instance setting up a few moderators for the chat, getting some bots doin what they do with announcements/giveaways/raffles/song requests/taking care of trolls etc etc for your subscribers/followers/viewers pleasure ND...as you should do what you do best i.e. commentating on the event...overall I believe this has some GREAT potential, bringing in new players etc into EU part from that...well good job so far ND and everyone competiting in the event!

Cheers! :beerchug:

Lots of work to be done to get this event to a great level . Today was crazy . Broadcasting over 8hrs - 4hrs of live commentary.. These are just the free roll opening rounds .. Typically this stage of an event doesn't get a lot of air time. But it's an important part of the MMOWC to get the vibe going and to interest people to compete ..

Round 2 is tomorrow , tickets are available. Four opportunities to fight your way into round 3

Some of the top guns in EU are prequalified for round 3 and 5 so it's already looking to be a showdown of top dogs . It would be great however to see some more challengers.

Star is working his way up from the free rolls . He was twice the runner up in 2008 and 2009 .
Lightstar won the champions league this season and is a force of nature . Taco, lunchbox and blondie are all hungry to prove their mettle and are ready to join the fray in round 5..

We have a number of passionate hopefuls who also prequalified including strongsoul, Narfi Theprofit and Skeezer who all have it in them to cause an upset

Linzey and Joda will return in Round 3 and mean business .. So I'm not surprised if a lot of people want to sit on the sidelines this year. Coz it will be a gnarly final..

From a marketing perspective I hope we can have a tight show for the semi finals and final which will be a showcase for the future potential of the event and help to secure sponsorship for next year..

This year it's a fairly low key return with a new format to be tested.. I believe in this event and the avatars competing . I think it's very high level and with some tweaking can be highly entertaining as a spectator sport..

Tune in tomorrow to get a feel , rounds are lightning fast knockouts.. Star will try to dominate to get good position for round #3, let's see if we get any new faces show up

Excellent broadcast and commentary and Great Event!
All the big Entropia's gunslingers are here, participating and having fun.

We glad to see such competition on RT and also so many friends around on planet

Big Times :yay:

PS. /to those who throw mud!!! This event is planned months ago! If someone is following RT news, could be well informed for everything! Why such hate?

I'm a but confused, have Rocktropia changed name to Poptropia? :scratch2:

I'm a but confused, have Rocktropia changed name to Poptropia? :scratch2:

Poptropia is a umbrella term to cover rocktropia, hell, hunt the thing and secreat island.

Sounds like a nice event for me, but still couldn't find the way to win the free rockbuks just for watching as advertised; can anyone please shed some light?

All of the rules and scoring and prizes are listed on that website.

The hate is strong in this one...

OK, then please tell me where on that page it explains what one has to do in round 1 to qualify for round 2, and how to work out which of the 4 possible events that qualification is for.

Sounds like a nice event for me, but still couldn't find the way to win the free rockbuks just for watching as advertised; can anyone please shed some light?

During each event stage, durign every thirty minute period, the last five minutes is called the "Skeezer Window" (named after one the players that always seems to score well during this period). During this window, the hunters get double or triple points (based on the level of the mob) for each global they get. As a spectator, prior to this window you pick one of the spectators who you think will be the first to score a global during this period. If your pick gets the first global, you get 100 rockbucks,. if he gets the second you get 50. If he gets the third you get 25.

Reactions: DoA
During each event stage, durign every thirty minute period, the last five minutes is called the "Skeezer Window" (named after one the players that always seems to score well during this period). During this window, the hunters get double or triple points (based on the level of the mob) for each global they get. As a spectator, prior to this window you pick one of the spectators who you think will be the first to score a global during this period. If your pick gets the first global, you get 100 rockbucks,. if he gets the second you get 50. If he gets the third you get 25.

And again, where on the webpage are these rules stated?

Ive read the rules many times and watched some streams yesterday but still didnt fully ubderstand the "skeezer window" still I dont since its double OR triple?? Allso its unclear what place in a event you need to qualify for next stage?? 1-3 qualifies?? Since they were allowed to attend several events in same round then can one player block others from qualifications or does it fall to spot under??

PS: still cant find that skeezer window under scoring on event homepage.

I love events and the stream and broadcast is supercool and a great addition, just Im superscared to misinterpret/miss out on some rule like above mentioned!

//ALZ

Ive read the rules many times and watched some streams yesterday but still didnt fully ubderstand the "skeezer window" still I dont since its double OR triple?? Allso its unclear what place in a event you need to qualify for next stage?? 1-3 qualifies?? Since they were allowed to attend several events in same round then can one player block others from qualifications or does it fall to spot under??

PS: still cant find that skeezer window under scoring on event homepage.

I love events and the stream and broadcast is supercool and a great addition, just Im superscared to misinterpret/miss out on some rule like above mentioned!

//ALZ

I am not in the event, but yes I do find some rules not explained or missing. I have not been tuning into the stream might of missed info there. After last time I can understand your concern about the event.

ND you need to be more clear with rules and scores for your events. They are great and fun, but people are put of when rules and scores are not clearly explained for all to see.

Back