Modding

Status

gwit

Prowler
Katielicious mallow (Kat)
Consistency, interpretation and a total sense of humour failure - please discuss ;)

In before the lock.

Moderators only enforce given forum rules. You don't like the forum rules, find yourself another forum.
But do not bash the moderators.

And yes, I agree that PCF rules are very strict.

Pecka

As I see it, most PCF members never took the time to read the PCF forum rules. And once they break them they seem surprised. PCF is meant to be a creative and fun community platform. To be able to achieve that, it is very important that the goal (mission) and the guidelines are very clear. Which in my opinion PCF creators has been very successful in.

As I have only been a moderator for roughly 2 weeks I am still a newbie, so I am not sure how this thread in particular will be treated, but I am afraid someone will sooner or later cross the 2.14 section of the PCF rules.

2.14 - Administrator/Moderator Criticism
Criticism of these forum rules, or Forum Staff implementation of these forum rules is NOT permitted in any publicly viewable area of the forum. Such content will be deleted without notice. If you disagree with how the forum is being moderated or administered, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any forum page to contact the Forum Staff. If you are unclear about the purpose or interpretation of one of the forum rules, either contact an administrator via private message, or consult the PlanetCalypsoForum Rules Discussion thread.

They at times can be a bit over-zealous with deleting people's replys and locking threads, but over all they keep the forums clean and filter out all the useless banter and bashing of the game/people within the game. Most humorous post stay up unless it is specifically bashing an individual or breaking the forum rules.

I personally only get on here if I'm bored at work or need to find some information quicker then Entropedia can load it.

the Mods are just doing their jobs, and them having the power to do so, they can do whatever they want.

If you spend more time in game rather then on the forum, it really shouldn't effect you to much. :)

/mod note/ At least you could try to put the thread in the right section ... :laugh:
Moved to About PCF section.

I think they do a good job, albeit sometimes a little over zealous - but honestly you couldn't pay me to do it :D - so thank you

I think they do a good job, albeit sometimes a little over zealous - but honestly you couldn't pay me to do it :D - so thank you

And they don't pay us to do it either.

Think about that for a bit.

I thought this was about an Entropia mod, hence the content of the first post made no sense to me at all lol.

I don't understand why moderators or moderation should be an issue at all. I admit not reading the forum rules because common sense prevails - you can still argue or challenge or handle sensitive topics without making an ass or yourself or humiliating or offending others.

Then again, it takes all sorts and variety makes the world go round :)

Honestly? Well considering we all are adult here shouldn't be a need for a "babysitter" in here! But sadly it's necessary at times cuz ppl forget about something as simple as respect for each other and each different opinions :)
If ppl could manged that mods would be unneeded

The mods do a great job within the framework of the rules they are given, would like to see them have separate accounts when "working" tho, as a moderators personal opinion in a thread could possibly give it more weight with a new player or be fuel to a fire as ive seen recently

Well I think the mod's do a great job on this forum. If we are all adults in here there should not be a problem. But then again, some uses this forum as their playground, and never grow up....

Beware the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/greater-internet-fuckwad-theory
:rolleyes:

Praise Lootius, that we have moderators on this forum :yay:

I dont think its all adults here. I myself am 15 but I know about respect etc.(have been staff members on different talk/minecraft servers for 3000+ hours in time) I also got autism (specific: asperger) that makes me think different about stuff??? but yea the mods are doing a great job keep up the good work! (I think from myself that i am quite mature (can be different just say if you think so :D) but have heard from alot of people the same as I think :p)

(jus tlittle thing I have (no offence) sometimes i look at children of my age and think "wtf are you doing... :banghead:"

edit: also have a job now so even more respect needed towards other people at work and customers :D

Last edited:
Moderation wouldn't be necessary if we were having civil discussion.

Moderation wouldn't be necessary if people were mindful of the forum rules they agreed to when signing up.

Moderation wouldn't be necessary if people were respectful of others feelings before posting.

But alas, none of those are happening 100% of the time and honestly those folks should be thankful that they haven't been permanently banned for their continual disregard for those rules. Having built and maintained a small gaming community for over a decade, I know the difficult position the forum moderators are in and I wouldn't go back to doing that even if I was even being paid.

Please. Life is not all "kissy-bear, huggy-poo" and sometimes it gets down and dirty. Live with it and stop whining.

This is not a "democracy" here on this forum, nor can it be.

It is a totalitarian, elitist controlled communication system, at, for and by the Entropia Universe. Period.

Anything NOT involved within that scope is verboten.

Plus, sometimes the moderators get pissed off and just delete shit.

Reactions: ZPF
It's not as bad than it used to be.

In July, I "banned" myself for three months as I expected to be banned anyway. Now it seems no one cares about me anymore, and that's a good thing. :cool:

Thats nuts , I imagine the owner of this forum gets some sort of revenue though ?

The owner of this forum is Mindark. The moderators are volunteers working for free because they want to contribute to the community. I expect nothing in return, I applied for the moderator role because I like the community, the game and I believe I can contribute in a good way.

The owner of this forum is Mindark. The moderators are volunteers working for free because they want to contribute to the community. I expect nothing in return, I applied for the moderator role because I like the community, the game and I believe I can contribute in a good way.

i think its good thing you did as well as you have a lot experience, a respected old timer, but you also take a lot of pressure of Serica. Like when it was just JC he got lot heat from users and it not good thing when you only trying to keep the piece. Just dealing with Taco can be full time job at times. Just recently in Vamp thread Serica had to deal with crap aimed at her, but she kept cool and handled the best way she could. I would not do your job lets face it talking over a computer is a lot different talking face to face.

i think its good thing you did as well as you have a lot experience, a respected old timer, but you also take a lot of pressure of Serica. Like when it was just JC he got lot heat from users and it not good thing when you only trying to keep the piece. Just dealing with Taco can be full time job at times. Just recently in Vamp thread Serica had to deal with crap aimed at her, but she kept cool and handled the best way she could. I would not do your job lets face it talking over a computer is a lot different talking face to face.

Taco does secretly love Serica though.

In all honesty I have the utmost respect for the mods and thank them for all the hard work they put into moderating these forums. Despite the accusations and derogatory comments made against mods like Serica I have actually meet her in RL at a meet back when I was in her Soc she is a great person and certainly does not deserve the treatment received by some in these forums. Those that have been giving the mods grief for their posts being snipped (and they were snipped with good reason) just make their work that much harder and clog the forums with 1 word posts where everything surrounding has been removed.

Keep up the good work mods.

Taco does secretly love Serica though.
I believe ur right. U have toadmit, her subtle humour is priceless, and ability to remain calm under pressure is really amazing. There's a limit thou, every human being has this point where things get serious and there's no more time for jokes.

There was a time when I got temp bans every month. It was years ago. I couldn't avoid it even if I tried.
Then there was a time when I really really loved to walk on the edge of the blade. Sometimes I got burned, most of the time I managed to slip away just a few inches from the ban-abyss.
Now I don't find those games amusing any more and I'm really sorry for being such a dumb selfish troublemaker.

I'm suspecting we all fit into some of those cathegories? Growing up takes time...

I do hope thou that sometimes our silly tricks bring a smile to the mods face. Just for a sec, before hitting the Delete button.
Actually, I'm pretty sure there has been those moments... ;)

There was a time when I was certain the rules are too strict.
Now I think whiners should be cut down much more harshly. Luckily I'm not a mod :p

I really like this thread - OK I created it. No whining, no bitching and actually showing appreciation where it is due :yay:

Lol at some of this :)

Sure, they piss me off a lot, and I completely disagree sometimes, but were all human and I don't hate any mod.

So do real life people, but I can still like some of them.

I am done with posting though. The assholes in game have won.

All the team names that say "F.U.C.K TACO" and the harassment I am getting by WSS on RT atm where they are clearly breaking ND's rules, and them running around with pets like Linzeys that says "SMDT" (suck my dick taco).
All the threats to my life for exposing bots and cheaters...all the threats from the pirates...it's just getting old. There is some way worse stuff that I won't even get into.

I can't even post all the bad shit people know and say and do and cheat with because of the damn forum rules.
Half the people here lie their asses off to you all, but we can get banned if I show the fucking PM that proves they are lying.

Everything is such a disgusting pile of hot shit that I finally don't care anymore.

Yes I brought some of it on, but it has gone too far. I am just going to disappear into the shadows after this post here and in game.

Haters win.

See ya all around game maybe.

And to the good people in here, just stop reading...it's all a lie and the big-shots can get away with murder. I will miss you though.

Please remember that every member has agreed to abide by the forum rules when creating their account. The moderators simply enforce the forum rules that have been in place for many years.

As surprising as it may seem, the forum rules are not arbitrary. Each and every rule was created to address a particular type of disruptive behavior that had become chronic.

This thread has run its course, and leaving it open only risks unwarranted criticism of the forum staff, and violation of the following forum rule:

Forum Rules said:
2.14 - Administrator/Moderator Criticism
Criticism of these forum rules, or Forum Staff implementation of these forum rules is NOT permitted in any publicly viewable area of the forum. Such content will be deleted without notice. If you disagree with how the forum is being moderated or administered, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any forum page to contact the Forum Staff. If you are unclear about the purpose or interpretation of one of the forum rules, either contact an administrator via private message, or consult the PlanetCalypsoForum Rules Discussion thread.

If anyone has an issue with the moderation of PCF, please contact one of the moderators or myself via private messasge, or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any forum page to submit feedback.

:locked:

Status
Back