Question: Morality of the Vehicle Kill/Repair Cycle

Status
can you show me where in the info from the tool is saying that?

Congratulations, you are the first poster in 12 pages to even challenge this.

If you read the release notes:

Increase the SI of the vehicle by stepping out of the vehicle and using the Structural Integrity Toolkit on the vehicle.

It is implied that the repair tools exist to repair your own vehicles.

There is no suggestion anywhere that they are to be used against enemies. The most logical null hypothesis is that they are not.

If it wasn't obvious, the purpose of the post was to see the opinion of the other players.

Actually, the implicit purpose of this thread was, judging from your posts, to impose your own opinion on others only to get angry at them when they disagree :wise:

Someone who learnt their lesson would just not do it again

When something appears to be dysfunctional in a game, not talking about it is the worst thing you can do. How are the designers going to fix it in the case that it is wrong if they don't know about it? The whole "shut up and deal with it" culture is what keeps corrupt governments in power.

Actually, the implicit purpose of this thread was, judging from your posts, to impose your own opinion on others only to get angry at them when they disagree :wise:

You must be new to internet forums.

As I have pointed out earlier in this thread, expressing a particular opinion is the most effective way to get responses. People care less if you are neutral.

Increase the SI of the vehicle by stepping out of the vehicle and using the Structural Integrity Toolkit on the vehicle.

mmm i see no line saying that i should step out my own vehicle :cool:
i can step out all kind vehicle's that are not mine.

if there stands
Increase the SI of the vehicle by stepping out of YOURE vehicle and using the Structural Integrity Toolkit on the vehicle.

then you would be right ;)

You must be new to internet forums.

Said the guy with less than 100 posts to the guy with 10000 posts :rolleyes:

As I have pointed out earlier in this thread, expressing a particular opinion is the most effective way to get responses. People care less if you are neutral.

Actually, it only makes you seem narrowminded when you refuse to listen to what other say about it, seeming to get angry at people not agreeing with you and then saying that you created the thread to "get peoples opinion".

Buuuuut what do I know, I only study communications at university level so far :dunno:

Actually, it only makes you seem narrowminded when you refuse to listen to what other say about it

I have read every post. You must define "listen" as "conform to the all PVPers who must be right".

, seeming to get angry at people not agreeing with you and then saying that you created the thread to "get peoples opinion".

This is simply an iterative application of the above mentioned getting-people-to-respond principle.

Buuuuut what do I know, I only study communications at university level so far :dunno:

I will warn you that communications degrees may offer rather limited career options.

You had to be on the guest list to step in.

Following the implications of the release notes I quoted above suggests that the repair tool is intended for friendly vehicles.

i see no such thing as ONLY friendly vehicles saying, else i could not repair foe vehicle.

I have read every post. You must define "listen" as "conform to the all PVPers who must be right".

This is simply an iterative application of the above mentioned getting-people-to-respond principle.

I will warn you that communications degrees may offer rather limited career options.

1) No, but if this thread was created to judge peoples opinions, you should had said "OK sorry I was wrong" a long time ago. Actually, I'd say that less than half the people who posted here disagreeing with you are PKers.
2) Your getting-people-to-respond principle seems to mostly be good for getting people annoyed at you tho... Good job, you got a lot of ppl to write posts disagreeing with you.
3) I know fully well the career options and limits of my education and I have of course planned out my life accordingly.

Yes, but this may simply be because MindArk did not realise that this could be abused.

then tell them this ;)
and i don't see any abuse anyways.
i'm not a PVPer, but i feel the urge to get pvp gear . :sniper:

Yes, but this may simply be because MindArk did not realise that this could be abused.

Then send another support case, or contact an SDS or MA official and ask that specific question. Post the answer here later.

1) No, but if this thread was created to judge peoples opinions, you should had said "OK sorry I was wrong" a long time ago.

Excuse me? How am I wrong? MindArk has not provided information on this topic, nobody is right or wrong until the official word is available.

It is a common misconception that the majority must be right. Democracies are only based on the principle of a majority so that they can piss off a minority of people.

Actually, I'd say that less than half the people who posted here disagreeing with you are PKers.

Forgive my generalisation.

2) Your getting-people-to-respond principle seems to mostly be good for getting people annoyed at you tho... Good job, you got a lot of ppl to write posts disagreeing with you.

It is nice to know that my work is appreciated.

3) I know fully well the career options and limits of my education and I have of course planned out my life accordingly.

Excellent. You will find that most people fail to plan more than 20 minutes into the future.

this thread is as smart and undefined as undecided voters

not just this thread this forum is beeing controled by short words like Abuse,Exploit, and bugs

the trolls are lois and people i have come to call the greatest community of them all have been turned into wow players

"this is not how it was intended"
and guns were meant to kill animals!

for the love of lootius i can take the constant 40-75% return and never getting a profit hunts in weeks but when the community turns this dumb then i will go play on my iphone

have a nice life -.-

Excuse me? How am I wrong? MindArk has not provided information on this topic, nobody is right or wrong until the official word is available.

It is a common misconception that the majority must be right. Democracies are only based on the principle of a majority so that they can piss off a minority of people.

OK so... why the hell did you create a thread to judge ppls opinions if you do not even care about those opinions because they are not like your own?

Contact MA and get an official word instead then.

A majority may not always mean that the opinion the majority has is correct, but it is the closest we can get to correct in this case, until MindArk provides a full official answer.

You said yourself that support only answered that no exploit was involved, thus no exploit is involved until I see MA/SDS say otherwise.

OK so... why the hell did you create a thread to judge ppls opinions if you do not even care about those opinions because they are not like your own?

I created this thread to get a sample of others' opinions. I do care about them, they are just unlikely to change my own.

Contact MA and get an official word instead then.

I am currently waiting for a reply to a support case. I will continue this process until I get an official word.

A majority may not always mean that the opinion the majority has is correct, but it is the closest we can get to correct in this case, until MindArk provides a full official answer.

There is no reason to think that the majority is even close to correct, especially in cases where the sample consists of people who are biased in one way or another. PVPers have an obvious bias, and they may be numerous enough to affect the majority outcome. Those who have been told to "shut up and deal with it" tend to respond to others questioning things in the same way and can hence be considered biased.

You said yourself that support only answered that no exploit was involved, thus no exploit is involved until I see MA/SDS say otherwise.

No, I said that the support guy missed the point. He gave a blanket statement that did not address the specific concern.

This is an intereting thread. Although I doubt I would not recall a vehicle if I were pk'd, its good to know there is a large price to pay for failing to recall. I am also interested in MA's opinion on this as I could see it going either way. Ma is enjoying the benefit of the TT decay, but may be concerned the tramatic loss of ones vehicle may chase away customers. Its probably a fairly rare event, so the few customers affected may not be enough to spur MA into making a change. To me the most obvious fix which would be to auto-recall vehicles whenever the owner is pk'd(would eliminate the forgetfullness issue(and make it harder to defend land marker in LG), but still could happen if owner had lent vehicle out which might require some option to prevent other drivers from taking it into pvp areas).

Its funny how something seen usefull (other players being able to fix your vehicle), can be used against you.

I don't like to be shot by PK'ers, but if I go to the rig, i don't wear armor (imma die anyway) and I put my vehicle back in my pocket when i step out. If I get shot before I can do this, I immediately recall it.
This in my opinion is common sense.
Pk'ers are there to waste your ped and mine. It's not abuse, exploit or bug. It's what they do, it's who they are and if you leave your damn vehicle there, well..... your just asking for it.

There is no reason to think that the majority is even close to correct, especially in cases where the sample consists of people who are biased in one way or another. PVPers have an obvious bias, and they may be numerous enough to affect the majority outcome. Those who have been told to "shut up and deal with it" tend to respond to others questioning things in the same way and can hence be considered biased.

Well simply disregard the PKers and listen to the others that says that this is "probably not an exploit, but rather harassment" or something like it then, until you get new official word from MA.

Its funny how something seen usefull (other players being able to fix your vehicle), can be used against you.

Noob:can you please repair my car?
Repair Man:No sorry it's an exploit, i get a lock then :cool:

This in my opinion is common sense.

With prior knowledge of what can happen (thanks to this thread), this is obvious.

Pk'ers are there to waste your ped and mine. It's not abuse, exploit or bug.

Are you stating that anything a PKer can do to waste your ped and mine is not an abuse, exploit or bug?

You aren't directly addressing the issue here, you're making a blanket statement

It's what they do, it's who they are

This does not give them a license to abuse possible flaws in the game.

and if you leave your damn vehicle there, well..... your just asking for it.

This sounds like an application of real-life intuition to a game world. Be careful here, since games do not work like real life.

If a player isn't aware of what can happen, they are not "asking for it", they are "in the dark".

Well simply disregard the PKers and listen to the others that says that this is "probably not an exploit, but rather harassment" or something like it then, until you get new official word from MA.

It would be wiser to disregard everyone.

my whole post makes sense as a 'whole', please don't pick it apart to make your points. Re-read it.

my whole post makes sense as a 'whole', please don't pick it apart to make your points. Re-read it.

I read it as a whole before I replied. What makes you think I didn't? The fact that I did not agree with you?

It would be wiser to disregard everyone.

Oh riiiiight, I forgot, only your own opinion matters to you. Better censor out everyone else then, wouldn't do to admit that someone else might have made a good point, really.

Oh riiiiight, I forgot, only your own opinion matters to you. Better censor out everyone else then, wouldn't do to admit that someone else might have made a good point, really.

Everyone includes me.

However, I did not disregard anyone. I considered every point.

Status
Back