More stealth options for PVP

PVP options (see post)

• Total voters
Interesting story Youngnott.

...... cut for brevity ....

Anyway may be an idea for you to file such a support case and see what their reply is. I'd be interested to know what they say.

GOOD IDEA :wtg:

um....

er....

... but WHAT if the answer is what I do NOT want to hear :scratch2:

(EVIL thoughts :D) Aussie DOG !!

Interesting story Youngnott.

I had been meaning to send a support case to MA asking them if it was ok to go into pvp areas like the oil rig with the umbra suit on.
......... cut for brevity......

No names - NO pack drill but an umbra suited Ava HAS had an official warning due to his visiting the oil rig.

BUT...

the farming of oil was also involved - hence an open and shut case of ToS violation.

In light of the above - just how safe are we in visiting but not profiting ped wise ?

I would HATE to see myself as a test case on that but I sure am exposed to it.

YET...

I DO believe (having been a programmer for over 40 years) that solving the "invisibility BUG of the Umbra suit - particularly as it appears to have been solved very shortly after V10 was released (by of course - an updating release) THAT it would be so very much WITHIN extreme simplicity to resolve it the moment it was reported by several Ava's which includes me...

THAT...

the delay in "fixing" is just as likely to be MA / FPC allowing "some" leeway as they themselves observe INVISIBILITY in live Ava activity. Several releases have occured...

INCLUDING...

a release that saw RADAR JAMMING specifically for the Oil Rig Yellow PvP zone.

Though I am extremely prone to reading what I WANT to believe, I do feel that the above, as a series of events in elapsed time - lends itself to be "reasonably" safe PROVIDED you are NOT dumb enough to go for (for example) the oil - which is so obviously peds oriented.

(a foolhardy ?) Aussie DOG !!

Well we got radar black out. i think a super stelth option would be nice also.

Tied to MF useage to be honest. And no health bar dragging. with no health shown unless you are activly targeting.

But PVP is one of those things that need to always be looked at and improved on. every little bit helps lol

Well we got radar black out. i think a super stelth option would be nice also.

Tied to MF useage to be honest. And no health bar dragging. with no health shown unless you are activly targeting.

But PVP is one of those things that need to always be looked at and improved on. every little bit helps lol

It may actually be fairly difficult to do it through MF - unless of course you are rendered INVISIBILE irrespective of what is worn.

I am very strongly opposed to having STEALTH (invisibility) AND ARMOURED protection at the same time.

Neither do I believe that ANY item that you equip should be allowed to be rendered invisibile.

My reasoning is of course based on "a fair go" for all.

Just imagine an Ava having to face an opponent wearing top end armour and an equiped top end weaponry - such an ava is difficult enough now when VISIBLE - let alone if INVISIBILITY was added to said Ava.

As for DISABLING HP drag out - YES - agreed. I do not even say this simply because it is my current major weakness (assuming that radar jamming is here to stay for PvP) - it is in OBSERVING the fighting at the oil rig - there is just NO skill in scanning the area, let alone attacking an Ava when the HP is so readily available both for DETECTION and for AUTO aiming.

From a purely personal point of view - all such points actually preclude me from ever being a successful P.K'er.

For me to be successful in P.K. - I need STEALTH (invisibility), PRONE equiping and firing of ranged weapons (who would use a sword when prone ? !!) AND even then - ONE SHOT - ONE KILL. I cannot see these things being in the "near future" of EU development.

NOTE - some reading the above may see an inconsistency in what I wrote - INVISIBILITY and WEAPON equiping (in prone position). I am fully aware of the apparent inconsistency but an INVISIBLE but naked Ava with an equiped weapon in the PRONE position is very much within the realms of TECHNIC - a simple example being LONG GRASS.

Aussie DOG !!

HP Drag Out & Auto Aiming

Hi All,

Been thinking about the above - maybe it is better to retain HP drag out WITH Auto Aim as this is the norm for hunting Mobs.

BUT...

As with a dead Mob, the dragged out HP is erased from the screen(s) of all Ava's who had it there when the Ava who's HP it is dies.

Now for the tricky part - it is not (IMHO) reasonable that an Ava who moves in and out of the range where he can be seen (said advisedly as the same rule should apply to Ava's in STEALTH mode) should either lose the live Ava HP's dragged out for his use

NOR...

should the Ava's who dragged out the above Ava's HP lose it till death of that (latter mentioned) Ava.

The above (IMHO) is not only reasonable but also encourages TACTICS and CUNNING in PvP zones.

I will not complicate the above beyond what has been said - except to point out that "death" by loggging out and then logging in is a potential loop hole that may need special rules. Such rules could seriously complicate the design / programming effort.

E.G. a rule of - HP dragged out for an Ava who has just logged out - will remain on the screen(s) until 10 minutes or more has elapsed with the Ava having NOT logged in within that period.

Ofc - the Ava who logged out loses all such info on the screen as per now.

NOTE - I am now starting to appreciate why MA / FPC are so cautious in making changes !!

Aussie DOG !!

Event-to capture Wastelander Reverend Lewis

Hi all,

Well - this is self declared "Phantom DOG of the Oil Rig" reporting on the above event (in a very biased and lowly "noobs" point of view !!).

Got there early and of course stayed well back from the rig but still close enough to drag out HP's of the defenders and attackers.

Ha Ha Ha (<< ironic laugh that is !!) - to me - as an invisible noob ... um .. DOG, it was just sooo confusing as to just who were defending and who were attacking - my attempts to place HP's into 2 groups (defenders & attackers) quickly turned into total chaos. I even had serious doubts that "wastelander" was even a name I would see.

Eventually I DID see "wastelander" and it was indeed the 1st name of (presumably !!) the defenders.

As for my confusion - I was rightly confused - attacking forces which were in large numbers, seemed to be more a bunch of INDIVIDUALS or at best SMALL groups forming "tribes" - but of course - they were all intent on killing each other - WOW !! How can Wastelander Reverend Lewis EVER be captured with such a disorganised, rebellious, and dangerous (to each other) rag tag "attacking" "army" (the " of course is here to denote sarcasm !!).

I nearly DIED when I was KILLED by someone called Marcus .... um... I'll re-phrase that - I nearly died in RL when I was killed in VL by Marcus - my 70yr old brain did not immediately differentiate between Marcus and Marco (Chief of the FPC) - my immediate thought was that I will NOW get my LOCKED account.

Not to worry - the brain eventually kicked in (it just takes time - a lot of time !!).

I went in again - saw Marcus but he did not enter into chat (maybe HE has tunnel vision too when under stress) - neither did he take notice of me - so - I guessed he had stumbled upon me and killed me without dragging out my HP.

He got killed a lot and he did pass me many times - as did so many others - very close too - but the intensity of the battle had them not notice my name nor my visible eye balls - PHEW !!

EVENTUALLY I DID see the name "Wastelander" appear and they really were very good at defending - yet I still feel that most of the Wastelanders work was done by their enemy against each other !!

I did NOt dare climb the rig simply because the event is "CAPTURE W.L. Rev.Lewis" - not KILL said Ava. Thus - I was forced to stay well away from him in case I accidently "captured him" won 1st prize and then was doomed to NEVER being able to benefit from it due to a permanently LOCKED account !!

As the event got more intense and serious - it became ever more spectacular (something akin to a fireworks display) - Ava's climbing the rig were large in numbers - many of whom were killed by "Wasterlander ... ... (whatever)" - I was beginning to think that "Reverend" did not exist but as the battle reached extreme intensity - I saw many msg's starting with "Wastelander Reverend Lewis killed ....(whoever BUT NEVER a name starting with WASTELANDER) - <<<< Hey guys - LEARN from THAT and get organised as a UNITED attacking force !!

Yet again I nearly died in RL when no other than "Wastelander Reverend Lewis" passed by me - so close that I could have attacked with my Dragons Breath (yes - I remain always as a swordsman !!) but did not of course dare risk ... yes - you guessed right - a locked account.

The Reverend was under intense attack and I not only had to move back (which due to his positioin relative to me - was a move CLOSER to the rig) in case he spotted me, but also to avoid being accidently caught up in the crossfire.

I did see a msg along the lines of "Nebu Killed W.L.Rev.Lewis ..." but I'm not convinced that was "capture as such".

Anyway - by now my body which had been hit with food poisoning within the previous 24 hrs was warning me to take things easy so my thoughts after this point are a tad hazy.

Pretty sure I saw the name W.L.Rev.Lewis again but can't swear to that.

I spent a lot of time deleting HP's from my screen and then headed off to the TP to eventually sign off and write this report.

On the way back - I heard - oh so late - the very familiar sound of an attacking Atrox - an Old Alpha - well - I was gobbled up for an early morning snack and thus got back to the TP much faster than expected (minus my HP points). BUT HEY - could I be taking REVENGE on THAT Atrox ? - I STILL feel a bit quezy in the tummy (a light breakfast may not have been the best thing I did this morning - Aussie time) but it would REALLY be worth it if that Atrox has a BAD DAY !!

Aussie DOG !! wooof !!

EVIL THOUGHT - My food poisoning lead to .7kg loss in weight in less than 24 hours - KEEP THAT UP for a few months and I will be the same in RL as in VL ..... INVISIBLE !!

Last edited:
Back