Multiple planets, multiple avatars?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sky west

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Queen Sky Genesis
Think about it, it's not a really bad idea imo. For every planet you get a complete new avatar.

Everybody starts out as a noob again. No ubers, we all have to skill up from zero again. You can have new professions and other gameplay elements.

Planet creators have more freedom when it comes to how the planet 'works'.

There would be no traveling fee, but every planet has its own avatars.

Ofc there are some drawbacks. But I think if you could play with your avatars at the same time it could work for us all.

Good idea, but i doubt anyone would go to new planets that way

In an integrated RCE 'universe' i want the same avatar accross the 'universe'.

Even if they were separate games id still like to keep the higher skill level. In the RCE genre where having a higher skill level matters...why would you want to repeat the newb period over where you are handicapped?

Outside of RCEs id rather have a separate avatar for every game. Then the game is pure story and levels really dont matter except to advance the story. In those cases i want to start over to see it all, not skip parts of the game.

i would never want to start over again and have to skill more than 1 avatar that would be a waste of money

Outside of RCEs id rather have a separate avatar for every game. Then the game is pure story and levels really dont matter except to advance the story. In those cases i want to start over to see it all, not skip parts of the game.

Ok, but if you remove the rce element eu loses its sparkle, and would have to fall back on the gameplay. And none of us want that to happen, right? :laugh:

Even if they were separate games id still like to keep the higher skill level. In the RCE genre where having a higher skill level matters...why would you want to repeat the newb period over where you are handicapped?

What he said.

One avatar one reality. Multiple avatars just don't make sense apart from the abuse people would get upto it would make it difficult to play the game.

By having one avatar you have to make choices. Those choices affect you and planet partners and generate a viable economy.

i would never want to start over again and have to skill more than 1 avatar that would be a waste of money

Yeah, the money thing does kind of suck. But still, you don't have to go there and start over again. In the same way you don't have to pay the travel fee to go to another planet. As long as you're happy on one planet.

Last edited:

What he said.

One avatar one reality. Multiple avatars just don't make sense apart from the abuse people would get upto it would make it difficult to play the game.

By having one avatar you have to make choices. Those choices affect you and planet partners and generate a viable economy.

What they said. :cool:

If you can't manage to be good at something with one avatar when that avatar can learn or do anything within Entropia, what makes you think you'd manage with more avatars when you are diluting your time and in world skills?

I like having 1 avatar. But I`m sure some people have already created a second to inhabit Rocktropia. After all they do it for things like running banks, hangars, shops, takling care of biz on CND and scamming of course. Anything to avoid a teleport or transport fee. If there is a way to make or save a PED by creating one then some people will always be doing it.

I`d rather have several avatar IRL,then 1 could be always playing EU ,1 working for deposit EU,1 for my girlfriend,1 for friends and myself..lol sorry i`m drunk :D

I cant keep one avatar solvent enough to play and do what I want why would I wanna start a new one and pay for two other then the obvious I have a better shot at big claims as a nub.. Once that wears off I have two gimp avatars they use to pay for events for hunters.

Think about it, it's not a really bad idea imo. For every planet you get a complete new avatar.

Everybody starts out as a noob again. No ubers, we all have to skill up from zero again. You can have new professions and other gameplay elements.

Planet creators have more freedom when it comes to how the planet 'works'.

There would be no traveling fee, but every planet has its own avatars.

Ofc there are some drawbacks. But I think if you could play with your avatars at the same time it could work for us all.

Great idea to start from zero once we have skilled for milions of peds (yes, milions...)

Doubt ANY of the new planets would be used by the higher players.

Xaph keeps Xaph Xaph keeps Xaph Xaph keeps Xaph Xaph keeps Xaph Xaph keeps Xaph Xaph keeps Xaph Xaph keeps Xaph Xaph keeps Xaph Xaph keeps Xaph Xaph keeps Xaph ;)

That would probably not be a good way to go about it, because many have already spent so much to get their avatars up on planet calypso, and doing it OVER again would need so much inscentive its probably not happening.

And the whole idea of a virtual universe is to be just that, a virtual universe, not just a planet.

Hence, one universe, one avatar, is the only way...

Allthough... i wouldnt mind there being a first golden age on every planet, so people could go there in hopes to loot them shadow, supr, eon, mod faps etc ;)

The general concensus seems to be that its to costly to have multiple avatars. I totally understand that.

But I was just wondering how you see other planets ever being populated to the point that they can sustain themselves?

I honestly believe that no matter how much they invest in marketing no planet is ever going to reach the amount of players calypso currently has.

I really would like to hear some arguments as to how planets are going to attract new players, any thoughts?

I honestly believe that no matter how much they invest in marketing no planet is ever going to reach the amount of players calypso currently has.

I really would like to hear some arguments as to how planets are going to attract new players, any thoughts?

As more planets are added not only do you get more exposure through launch news and simple marketing, you are also adding more and varied means of game play or leisure activities which will appeal to a wider range of people.

Take RT for example. There will be people who have taken no notice of Calypso but who will take notice and interest in dragons, zombies and vamp hookers even though it's the same thing just dressed differently.

Well maybe only on some planets, everbody's a noob a so called golden age clothes in loot, uber items in loot, maybe actually PED in loot...
That wouldn't work IMHO but it would be nice.

As more planets are added not only do you get more exposure through launch news and simple marketing, you are also adding more and varied means of game play or leisure activities which will appeal to a wider range of people.

Take RT for example. There will be people who have taken no notice of Calypso but who will take notice and interest in dragons, zombies and vamp hookers even though it's the same thing just dressed differently.

Yes, let's take a look at RT

http://www.entropiatracker.com/planets.asp

RT only managed to top 100k peds in hunting globals and hofs once since it was opened. Yesterday RT had the whopping amount of 16 globals/hofs with a value of just under 3k peds.

WTG

Last edited:
Yes, let's take a look at RT

http://www.entropiatracker.com/planets.asp

RT only managed to top 100k peds in hunting globals and hofs once since it was opened. Yesterday RT had the whopping amount of 16 globals/hofs with a value of just under 3k peds.

WTG

Because no one wants to pay 1 and a half globals just to go there for a day. If the fee wasn't there, RT would have turned out completely differently.

But diversity, even if its only themed diversity will draw more players.

However, again i think the transport system as it stands now is going to be the death of the 'universe' idea.

Why would I spend twice the money playing with 2 avatars when I could spend it on 1 avatar and a few traveling fees?

Back