NDA sucks

And then there are millions of methods to anonymously make information available if you really want it to become common knowledge. "Oh no! My email got hacked!"

And if nobody chooses to go through such trivial lengths to make the information avaialble, it probably wasnt anyone elses business, nor should it have been important enough that the general public wasted their time thinking about it.

So, uhm, lets wait for the leak. If it doesnt happen we wont have wasted time worrying about it!

So, uhm, lets wait for the leak. If it doesnt happen we wont have wasted time worrying about it!
would be interesting if anything shows up on wikileaks, lol.

This has nothing to do with an NDA. MindArk has always been, and probably always will be, terrible at communication. No NDA is stopping them from saying something.. Incompetence is stopping them.

Ok now i understand what David posted, the PDF was in swedish so asked Nighthawk to explain to me what was in the financials.

It appears that SEE made first of 6 payments and defaulted so contractual protections kicked in that MA imposed upon SEE/SDS that they retake control of calypso. I still kinda confused that SEE say they retain IP rights to Calypso but will ask Nighthawk to come in ad translate more to alleviate any fears. My main concern has been put to rest now, but maybe he can expand upon others isuues from the report for those who don't speak swedish.

:)

Yes, what they said in the annual report (page 1) was basically that SEE made one of the six payments (of one million each) and then could not pay any more after that... "The first was made at the same time as the handing over. SEE has after this payment not been able to follow the agreed upon payment plan."

Further, they say that MindArk has protection against this due to the deal that was made earlier and the fact that they control the revenue stream from the planet as a security for non-paid payments.

Later in the annual report (page 7) they mention that the sale of the rights to Calypso was made in december 2010 for 6 million USD, of which 1 million had been deposited into a Swedish bank and that MindArk has recieved that payment as a part of the payment for the rights to Calypso.

On page 5, they say that at the start of the new year all 15 employees in AR Universe (earlier FPC) ended their employment with MA due to the sale of AR Universe (earlier FPC) involving the transfer of all employees (to become SDS from what I understand).

So to me, it sounds like MA made FPC into ARU, sold it to SEE who made it into SDS, SEE could not pay MA, MA took back Calypso but the ppl from FPC>ARU>SDS were not employed by MA then and probably had somewhere in their contract that they were not allowed to go back after being laid off.

This has nothing to do with an NDA. MindArk has always been, and probably always will be, terrible at communication. No NDA is stopping them from saying something.. Incompetence is stopping them.

Actually NDA's do stop Hanne, Pioneer and any other SDS employee from speaking up. I'd guess between NDA's, and lawyers on both sides....you want your severance pay you abide by the signed agreement. In other words, "You signed the paper so stfu." ;)
Now as to MA...ya just same old, same old.

Since both sides are so quiet i guess we'll only know more if/when it hits a court. Judging by the deafening silence from both sides it will explode eventually in court action...could be an intresting ride...hang on tight!

"SEE has after this payment not been able to follow the agreed upon payment plan."

In the next episode of "AS THE UNIVERSE TURNS", maybe the viewers will find out:

1. Was SEE "not able to" or "did they not want to" make the remaining payments?

2. Did SEE management have buyers remorse when they found out what they had gotten themselves into after getting into bed with MA and pull the rip cord before it cost them any more money?

3. Did SEE find MA and the staff they got so incompetent that their hands were tied from the beginning and decided to write off the $1m and move on to some other project.

4. Did SEE find out that after the awesome sales pitch that MA sold them a pig in a poke and that MA was nowhere to be found to help support the failboat they were sold and they couldn't get any of their support cases answered with anything but a cut and paste so they said if you don't help us you aren't getting any more of our money and you can see us in court and then never heard another thing from MA until MA pulled the plug?

5. Did Marco fall into a drunken stupor with all his Director pay he was showered with and then he forget where they office was for months on end eventually driving SEE into an untenable position causing them to default on their payments much to the chagrin of all the other awesomeness that got the boot after MA pulled the plug?

6. Was SEE a shill for another company that wanted to get on the inside to steal MA secrets so they could go off and make their own version of PE, is that why they say they have rights to the IP?

7. Did Marco and crew mutiny over the embarrassment of the thought of having to use their effin awesome talents to work on a lame ass Planet Michael and cause SEE management to say fuck this and bail because there was nothing they could do without their effin awsomeness?

8. Did Marco find out that SEE management were just incompetent Hollywood fake boobs and he also realized that they had no idea what PE was all about and they had no realistic chance of having any success with a Planet Michael so he took some strategy tactics from his old dungeon and dragon days and sabotaged the whole deal so they would default and Marco would come back like the prodigal son to MA and buy Planet Calypso for a song from MA and re-hire back all the awesomesauce talent and have a new renaissance era on Calypso like he always envisioned?

9. Did MA use Marco and crew as a shill to sell off Planet Calypso to get a quick $1m cash infusion for executive bonuses knowing full well that SEE would not be able to make another payment, and so they would take it back so they could rinse and repeat with the next sucker?

Tune in next time to find out all these and many other important details on.....

AS THE UNIVERSE TURNS!!!!!!!!!!111111........

And now, a word from our sponsors.... the user community that spends all their hard earned money to keep the lights on in this so called universe.....

:laugh:

7. Did Marco and crew mutiny over the embarrassment of the thought of having to use their effin awesome talents to work on a lame ass Planet Michael and cause SEE management to say fuck this and bail because there was nothing they could do without their effin awsomeness?

It seems as Planet Michael is still under development. The realease is from June 22, but not sure if this is only the usal blabla.

It seems as Planet Michael is still under development. The realease is from June 22, but not sure if this is only the usal blabla.

It's not impossible that MA and SEE in the end makes a deal that MA keeps Calypso and SEE are allowed to be a planetpartner with Planet Michael and maybe some other monster planet. I can't see any good comeing from any legal fight between MA and SEE, much better if they can come to some kind of agreement.

In the next episode of "AS THE UNIVERSE TURNS", maybe the viewers will find out:

its clear which party you believe to be at fault. however, bear in mind that SEE has had a record of abandoning tour project due to lack of funding, and companies of this size dont tend to put down $1m with out due diligence and contracturally backed assurances, only to then walk away a few months later. the IP refered to at most extends to the models and content on Calypso, not "secret sause", and probably only means those models they created. MA are no angels, but we dont actually know anything really about SEE (where are their financial reports to be dissected?), and im struggling to think what they did under their tenancy other than improve communication (which a blind rabbit could have done).

however the waters are muddy...

It's not impossible that MA and SEE in the end makes a deal that MA keeps Calypso and SEE are allowed to be a planetpartner with Planet Michael and maybe some other monster planet.

at first it seems unlikly they would be pursuing a planet and its normal PR, but that does clearly say they will be developing the world within Entropia Universe. so, maybe the corporate action to regain Calypso is more amicable than we assume, and there is good business relations between the companies.
:dunno:

im struggling to think what they did under their tenancy other than improve communication (which a blind rabbit could have done).

Tbh, I feel that communications improved under FPC and then went worse again during SDS

Talk about a confusing article. The second paragraph says "launch late 2011", the next one says "slated for launch next year". The Biallas quote looks familiar, maybe this is just republishing something from the end of last year?

Well I hope something can be made of this.

I know Planet Michael gets a lot of bad press around here but that thing came with millions of fans around the world pre-loaded, especially in some Asian countries where his work was much more popular than in the US in recent years due to his scandals at home.

I had big hopes of that energy and enthusiasm bleeding out into the rest of the universe as many of those Planet Michael fans moved on from "rock dancing" mobs to death and set sail for more detailed hunting planets like Calypso.

I also really liked the look of some of those environments, and wanted to walk down the Billie Jean street with my avatar while the sidewalk panels lit up! LOL

To other posters' credit, I must agree that it's still hard to figure out where the problem came from, even though the apparent gist is that SEE/SDS missed it's second payment.

Indeed, MA could have been doing everything by the book, and SEE missed its payment due to its own negligence. On the other hand, MA could have been screwing up, and SEE might have decided to strategically default in order to keep from getting more entangled with the project until the problems were alleviated. From our vantage point, it seems impossible to tell which is which at the moment.

Anyway, after spending 3 years in this place I just want to see it succeed. I hope everything can be worked out amongst them and that eventually some of the brighter stars from the FPC/SDS groups can be brought back to assist that effort again.

Maybe the development of Planet Calypso didn't really fit with SEE future development plans, like Planet Michael for example? I mean both planets are completely different products, despite the unified platform - from the initial concept, to the consumer. The good old "hardcore vs casual" if you will. Planet Calypso is as hardcore, as MMORPGS can get, and Planet Michael is seemingly setting up to be a "virtual theme park", so to say. If it gets made.

If this is the case, its just a shame about PC getting the short end of the stick, and losing a few good people along the way.

for sure this silence not make investors confortable..................

Maybe they aint saying anything cuz they aint got anything to say that we haven't heard already?

Or they simply feel that this is something beyond the control of the players anyway and therefore not anything they need to rush to tell us about? :coffee:

although many are still quite happy to spend $1000's on space ships :scratch2:

Maybe they aint saying anything cuz they aint got anything to say that we haven't heard already?

Or they simply feel that this is something beyond the control of the players anyway and therefore not anything they need to rush to tell us about? :coffee:

B.bb.b..b.b...bbbb...bbb.... BUT We're PLAYERS! We DESERVE to know EVERYTHING!!! Ccc.c.c.c.cc... COMEON MA! We promise we wont like... uhm... flip out.... or do anything WIERD.... or post this stuff on our CRAZY CONSPIRACY WEBSITES.... or... you know... like.... misinterpret it deliberately to make a headline.

We will be good. We promise.

Last edited:
I think with all the Michael Jackson lawsuits It will be a long time before anyone sees a Planet Micheal.

all Im waiting for is that mod faps will cost around 500 peds.. I will happily buy one at that price knowing that I'll never getting the peds back.. just to own one and use it before they finally set all the server hamsters free..

yes.. Im one of the few ppl that will stay until MA pull the plug.. so I like the panic.. because items tend to be alot cheaper when alot of ppl are trying to sell them.

but I dont think that will happen anytime soon tho..

Talk about a confusing article. The second paragraph says "launch late 2011", the next one says "slated for launch next year". The Biallas quote looks familiar, maybe this is just republishing something from the end of last year?

indeed, it looks like a copy of the first announcement. The only thing that is strange is why it’s called update and that it was posted on June 14, two days before MA posted the split.

yes.. Im one of the few ppl that will stay until MA pull the plug.. so I like the panic.. because items tend to be alot cheaper when alot of ppl are trying to sell them.

You think they'll pull the plug first and make the announcement two weeks later?

its clear which party you believe to be at fault.

If by that, you mean both parties, then you would be correct. At this point I'm just speculating for the fun of it like everyone else, its cheap entertainment, cheaper than plinking at shinkis :laugh: It takes two to tango, both parties seem to be a good source of many lulz, MA for selling it to SEE, SEE for buying it from MA, and the Charlie Foxtrot that is the result of the deal is just bonus corporate comedy, I can't wait to see what they come up with next! Overused lame pun intended :laugh:

Isn't that even more of a reason to make a clear statement to dispel BS theories and hate posts?

Like i've said before for myself is no big deal, but when MA hold just about enough to pay tt value in game confidence in the economy imo is kinda important at this point.

No flame intended btw, just way i see things.

:)

Under ideal circumstances, yes. But these are not ideal circumstances. MA and the players have both created this nest. To come out now and try to fix it would be counter productive as the players would just interpret it as a panic move and the naysayers would see skeletons in the closet no matter how open it was. This phenomenon has been well documented in psychology as a normal reaction pattern of a mob.

It would be an incredibly destructive act to start communicating on this subject, now. Best to establish relationships with players as they are doing over on EF, slowly acclimate the crowd to their level of responsiveness, and slowly improve it.

...Best to establish relationships with players as they are doing over on EF, slowly acclimate the crowd to their level of responsiveness, and slowly improve it.

No offense intended to you, but I guess you haven't been around too long? "establish relationships with players" ? "level of responsiveness" ? "improve? I don't think we're talking about the same MA... :scratch2: that'll be the day :laugh:

Back