NDA sucks

Dr.D.C.

Elite
Society
Glory Hound Irregulars
Like investors and considering that we were recluted for years to test the EU platfom it would be nice to give us some info about what happen between SDS and FPC and maybe some more info about the future of EU and calypso in general. In brief this NDA just sucks. IMO

Last edited:
agree, MA should really release some sort of statement, like any normal company would. i dont think they will though, they have never really communicated much about their business, we've gained scraps from their annual report. they would rather the player base and future "investors" make their judgements based on assumptions, rumour and inuendo. information will leak out, some true some false, we have to decide which is which.

oh well, normal service is resumed.:laugh:

Like investors and considering that we were recluted for years to test the EU platfom it would be nice to give us some info about what happen between SDS and FPC and maybe some more info about the future of EU and calypso in general. In brief this NDA just sucks. IMO

Disagree. NDA will ultimately preserve whatever financial integrity is to remain of Planet Calypso after whatever legal issues are happening get ironed out.

You might think you want to know, but the truth is you probably dont.

I disagree too and I find it disturbing that some former employees are trolling here. Basicly saying nothing except a obvious "boohoo"

I disagree too and I find it disturbing that some former employees are trolling here. Basicly saying nothing except a obvious "boohoo"

I find nothing disturbing about what I saw here. - They are free to do and say what they want; if they respect existing NDAs, so much the better.

well i was thinking that having invested time and, more important, money i would like have some info about my investiments on calypso. There are people on calyspo that own aprtments, houses, castles, malls, hangars, islands etcetc . In any normal company there are the NDA, in any normal company the investors are aware about what is going on.

I think it was nice of them to say bye to use at least, and tell us they are laid off, so they stop the rumors and gives those who liked to have them here a chance to thank them for their time, what the fuck is TROLLING with that?

Last edited:
ahh "The NDA"...

No disrespect intended to the nice lady OP in another thread who wrote, "...those were some effin awesome people...You guys deserve the world and more. You're the best." I do wish her all the best.

Maybe they are "effin awesome people", but after 7 years of observation, I'm still waiting to see all the "effin awesome" results. Maybe "The NDA" is this years excuse du juor for more fail :tapfinger

Maybe this was MA's way of cleaning house, for whatever reason you know they aren't going to share. Wrap the effin awesomeness all up in an effin awesome package and sell them off to another company, then create a situation that requires them to take the asset back, all except for all that effin awesomeness... :whistle:

ahh "The NDA"...

No disrespect intended to the nice lady OP in another thread who wrote, "...those were some effin awesome people...You guys deserve the world and more. You're the best." I do wish her all the best.

Maybe they are "effin awesome people", but after 7 years of observation, I'm still waiting to see all the "effin awesome" results. Maybe "The NDA" is this years excuse du juor for more fail :tapfinger

Maybe this was MA's way of cleaning house, for whatever reason you know they aren't going to share. Wrap the effin awesomeness all up in an effin awesome package and sell them off to another company, then create a situation that requires them to take the asset back, all except for all that effin awesomeness... :whistle:

effin awesome post.......+rep

What next? The effin awesome economy? Maybe the effin awesome community? If we're lucky, maybe they'll deal with that effin awesome egg.

A company that does what you suggest is not to be trusted. And the fact that they are not good at communication is just effin awesome as well.

I had a job, where i was promoted to a better position.

4 months later, the owner decided to sell out. We all lost our jobs.

Sometimes, shit happens.

And it stinks.

Maybe this was MA's way of cleaning house,

why is it MA's house cleaning? the people bringing it up our SDS employees, presumably with no contractural obligations to MA. SDS/SEE must have made the NDA a requirement of improved redundancy payment. or maybe MA did pay off all the staff? i cant see any coercion could apply in either case under typical european employment law (certainly wouldnt be allowed in UK). so have those claiming NDAs chosen to take the company shilling instead of allow the details to be known??

see what i mean about rumours.

One thing I noticed from both Pioneers and Hanne's posts is that they said the problem wasn't them, and that it wasn't SDS. What they DIDN'T say was that it WASN'T MA. So I'm just going to read between the lines and assume that the problem WAS MA (since they didn't say otherwise :p)

Hooray, assumptions FTW!

why is it MA's house cleaning? the people bringing it up our SDS employees, presumably with no contractural obligations to MA. SDS/SEE must have made the NDA a requirement of improved redundancy payment. or maybe MA did pay off all the staff? i cant see any coercion could apply in either case under typical european employment law (certainly wouldnt be allowed in UK). so have those claiming NDAs chosen to take the company shilling instead of allow the details to be known??

see what i mean about rumours.

Since FPC is long gone and now SDS is too, these people were in fact mindark employees. It's dynamic, like the game LMAO.

One thing I noticed from both Pioneers and Hanne's posts is that they said the problem wasn't them, and that it wasn't SDS. What they DIDN'T say was that it WASN'T MA. So I'm just going to read between the lines and assume that the problem WAS MA (since they didn't say otherwise :p)

Hooray, assumptions FTW!

I guess the non-repayment of the first instalment of the loan is not an issue then? :confused:

Sure its unnerving to not know what is actually going on, but with deals that large between two companies they are wise to be reluctant to share informations.
For example if there really might be a legal case any published information bears the risk to being interpreted as an attempted slandering of the other party, which can have quite some impact in a court hearing.

Fpc / sds

Hi,

Just to clear things up a little:

SDS people were I think almost all former FPC (First Planet Company AB), they did a good job at FPC and continued at SDS until the SDS management commanded them to stop development on Calypso, and then dismissed them.

FYI. SDS is not a "group or team of people", SDS (SEE Digital Studios AB) is a Swedish limited company solely owned by the American group of companies known collectively as SEE.

Mindarks information on the subject can be found here:

http://www.mindark.com/investor-rel.../documents/arsredovisning2010_inkl_vdbrev.pdf
(Swedish)

and

http://www.mindark.com/partners/

David

Hi David,

From what we were told some of the ex FPC staff members were also working on Planet Micheal. Was this part of staff also let go or are they still employed?

Hi,

SDS people were I think almost all former FPC (First Planet Company AB), they did a good job at FPC and continued at SDS until the SDS management commanded them to stop development on Calypso, and then dismissed them.

FYI. SDS is not a "group or team of people", SDS (SEE Digital Studios AB) is a Swedish limited company solely owned by the American group of companies known collectively as SEE.

Mindarks information on the subject can be found here:

http://www.mindark.com/investor-rel.../documents/arsredovisning2010_inkl_vdbrev.pdf
(Swedish)

and

http://www.mindark.com/partners/

David

Ok great, whatever, what I want to know is this, if these people did such a good job then why do Hanne and others not have a job with MindArk.

I understand that some shit went down that you don't want to talk about but I'm here to tell you right now you guys are screwing up not giving these FPC people a job.

They are the backbone of this community, they were the ones that have spent time talking and reinforcing the concept of Entropia to the community. It has been since I started playing this game people like Hanne and Pioneer that has seen us through all the bullshit over the last 2 years and believe me brother from the community viewpoint there has been a lot.

I see that MindArk has tried to step in and fill some of these community roles through Kim and Bjorn over at EF and they are great people and do their best to help and answer our questions. BUT Can you give us all a break for once? Please? This was the last thing we as a community needed. We didn't need our Official Community Figures replaced, We needed more of them. I have always lived by the rule "If its not broke then don't fix it" Why do you not step in and do whats right by the community for once? Why don't you step in and keep the Company figures that this community has come to know and love?

At least I FULLY understand now why this https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...rn-out-at-Jennifer-Island-because-of-harasser was allowed to happen. Hanne would have shut this bullshit down in a heartbeat.

I have nothing against you David but the reality of the fact that this community has taken a HUGE kick in the balls over this seems to weigh little on MindArks mind.

To be honest, i think its best we all just leave it whare it is, and all move on, onwards and upwards :)

Bigger and better things are always around the corner....

Hi,

Sry David, but we did already know that. What we’re asking for are some details about what the actual situation is and why there is a lack of information.

You know better than me, that amount of PED’s ingame is more or less the same as total assets of MA. Hence an irritated playerbase is what MA doesn’t need at all.

What we don’t need to know atm is:
1) Why SDS stopped development of Planet Calypso.
2) Why SEE didn’t pay.
3) Why SDS dismissed part of its stuff.

What we would like to know is:
1) What implication has the loss of the outstanding SEE payments? (I don’t expect any details here but at least a short comment might help)
2) Is development of the platform and Planet Calypso still guaranteed, as part of SDS stuff is not taken over by MA?
3) Are there any plans to find a new owner for Planet Calypso?
4) What will you do against a possible bad reputation the collapsed deal might induce?

if these people did such a good job then why do Hanne and others not have a job with MindArk
Nowadays employment contracts often contain serfdom clauses, forbidding employees to do work in a similar business for n years. I'd expect such clauses to have been in effect here.

Hooray, assumptions FTW!

Well, the also didn't say that the problem wasn't SEE, the owner of SDS. I think it pretty simple, SEE didn't have the cash to follow the agreed payment plan to MA, and after a couple of month MA could not take it anymore and terminated the agreement.

Well, the also didn't say that the problem wasn't SEE, the owner of SDS. I think it pretty simple, SEE didn't have the cash to follow the agreed payment plan to MA, and after a couple of month MA could not take it anymore and terminated the agreement.

It could also be that SEE realized that EU is the wrong platform for Planet Michael or the other Planets and that income generated by Planet Calypso does not cover purchase price.

legally we dont have a right to any answers, however history shows if consumers lose faith in a certain product they quit purchasing that product. i think those are our only basic options. play on in uncertainty, or not to play.........i been playing since this was "project entropia" and enjoy the game to much to quit ( some call it addicted...lol ).....so i will limit my exposure ( high mu gear ) and play on....hopefully the gamble gets me on teh hof page here....hahahaha
:yay:

Ok great, whatever, what I want to know is this, if these people did such a good job then why do Hanne and others not have a job with MindArk.

I understand that some shit went down that you don't want to talk about but I'm here to tell you right now you guys are screwing up not giving these FPC people a job.

What do you not understand about that? - It's just business as usual.

If you work in that sector, you know that you might lose your job easily because of all those "strategic moves" devised and executed by your management.

They organise, re-organise, re-invent and change their businesses every few months and you end up in new departments or teams or groups or in a brand new company.

You survive a few of those moves and then you are out.

It has nothing to do with your skills or performance. And nobody feels obliged to offer you another job if you happened to be in the group/team/department/company that just got eradicated.

The NDA are between SDS and it's current and former employees. Any NDA is hardly worth the paper it is printed on until it has been challenged in court and proven to be valid and enforceable, and doing so costs time and money (which SDS doesn't seem to have if they defaulted on payments to Mindark).
And then there are millions of methods to anonymously make information available if you really want it to become common knowledge. "Oh no! My email got hacked!"

Back