New missions feedback

Charlie|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
MindArk Official
Hey, i thought i would drop by and ask for some feedback regarding the Rextelum and Traeskeron missions now that they have been available for a while, and seem to be quite popular.

What i am mainly wondering is, would you want future missions to:
1. Award points based on the maturity killed or the old way of 1 kill = 1 point?
2. Spreading the skill rewards between the different stages or having it all on the last stage?
3. Possible changes to the amount to kill for each stage and amount of stages. An example could be 100-1000-2000-3000-4000-5000 etc.
4. Should the mission state the reward before it's completed?

I am not asking for feedback regarding the rewards for the missions because they are, as we all know always going to be to low, and the skills are greener on the other ones :wise:.

Also which mobs would you want to be next to get Iron style missions:wtg:

1. don't care
2. spread them
3. doesn't really matter
4. no

Nice to see you on here asking us ! :)

1. Award points based on the maturity killed
2. Spreading the skill rewards between the different stages
3. Yes to kill 16000 or whatever it is, is stupid. In my opinion... Maybe not on the higher level mobs, but the small ones such as, Shin or foul... As a low stake player, i shall never see the end of these missions.
4. It should not !

I am waiting on a Bot iron mission as in Drone gen 1 (unless there is one, but i do not think there is)

Regarding 4. and applicable to ALL missions - is it too hard to code in the location of the mission giver ???

As it stands now, whenever you complete a mission you get told "go back to Blah for your reward".
So you have to tab out, goto Entropedia, look up the mission to find out where Mr Blah lives.
Would it be so hard to say "Go back to Blah at xxxx,yyyy or Fort XXXX for your reward" ?

Not a serious issue really, but it sure gets annoying.

Nice to see you on here asking us ! :)

3. Yes to kill 16000 or whatever it is, is stupid. In my opinion... Maybe not on the higher level mobs, but the small ones such as, Shin or foul... As a low stake player, i shall never see the end of these missions.
4. It should not !

I am waiting on a Bot iron mission as in Drone gen 1 (unless there is one, but i do not think there is)

There is a Droka mission. Drones would be nice to have, but Droka does exist, so there is a bot one.

Regarding 4. and applicable to ALL missions - is it too hard to code in the location of the mission giver ???

As it stands now, whenever you complete a mission you get told "go back to Blah for your reward".
So you have to tab out, goto Entropedia, look up the mission to find out where Mr Blah lives.
Would it be so hard to say "Go back to Blah at xxxx,yyyy or Fort XXXX for your reward" ?

Not a serious issue really, but it sure gets annoying.

Yes I forgot about this one, I believe the Traeskeron mission has this already but I am not 100% sure. But yea it is possible and I agree it's annoying not finding where to turn your mission in.:)

1. Award points based on the maturity killed or the old way of 1 kill = 1 point?
No preference

2. Spreading the skill rewards between the different stages or having it all on the last stage?
Spread the rewards

3. Possible changes to the amount to kill for each stage and amount of stages. An example could be 100-1000-2000-3000-4000-5000 etc.
More stages with less mobs but total for the challenge is the same so rewards can be obtained gradually.

Yes, only for the current stage.

Also which mobs would you want to be next to get Iron style missions
No exact preference however what about mixed mob Iron style missions - ie: Robot Iron mission: 100 Droka, 200 Warrior, 500 Trooper etc... or Creepy Crawly Iron mission: 100 Goku, 100 Diripi, etc... be creative pls.

1} based on maturity
2}spread them
3}dont care
4} yes

please make iron missions on chompers/frescs/ossecollums/proterons
and bronze on sumimas/scipulors
and gold on feffs/atrox/argo

Make more missions on mobs that have the slightest shred of markup left so what remains can really be pounded into the dirt.

1. Yes, shooting anything above youngs is counterproductive for the mission
2. Noone likes seeing 30 nova as a 1k reward
3. Definitely
4. People just check entropedia before starting the mission, so yes.

Caudatergus, Faucervix, Hiryuu, Mourner

1) no, why else make iron & bronze quests
2) at the end, nothing as mtivating as getting it all at once, makes you feel progress
3) doesn't matter as long as reward/kills is the same
4) yes

new quests..
Iron : SEG, fresq, prot
bronze : sumima, scip, LONGTOOTH, EOMON
GOLD : aurli's couse they owe me :D

1) no, why else make iron & bronze quests
2) at the end, nothing as mtivating as getting it all at once, makes you feel progress
3) doesn't matter as long as reward/kills is the same
4) yes

new quests..
Iron : SEG, fresq, prot
bronze : sumima, scip, LONGTOOTH, EOMON
GOLD : aurli's couse they owe me :D

A bronze mission can of course still be done, you would just get 0 points from Mat X to Mat Y, it could also be the other way around where killing stalkers is by far the most effective way to do it :cool:

Aren't you tired of Aurli yet :jawdrop:

Reactions: das
3. Dont know
4. Yes

Iron Trilomite please.

Based on maturity please.

Spread out, definitely :)

Not sure

Well I don't see why not :) doesn't have to be too exact though, could state "Some combat skill" or "Handgun training" without telling exactly how much? :dunno:

EDIT: As for mobs for Iron missions: Exarosaur, Kerberos, Combibo

EDIT2: Bristlehog! Def. bristlehog :)

Last edited:
Qouting Fluske =)

please make iron missions on chompers/frescs/ossecollums/proterons
and bronze on sumimas/scipulors
and gold on feffs/atrox/argo[/QUOTE]

1. Based on maturity.
2. Spreading the skill rewards between the different stages.
3. Dont know.
4. Yes

Trilomite give a dodge and was easy for all. That's the best mob for Iron i think.

I'd like to have my Silver Missions now, thank you.

Well, I'd like to see silver missions on merp please :D (guardian and up), as well as mulmun, muluk-hir and mulaak'f iron mission chains.

And for all newer iron chains, please make them give points based on maturity.

Don't care about the rest.

Last edited:
Hey, i thought i would drop by and ask for some feedback regarding the Rextelum and Traeskeron missions now that they have been available for a while, and seem to be quite popular.

I am not asking for feedback regarding the rewards for the missions because they are, as we all know always going to be to low, and the skills are greener on the other ones :wise:.

1- Based on maturity that way keep newbies and ubers happy.
2- Up to you guys both ways seems ok for me. (maybe spreading the skills keeping ppl more excited along all the mission)
3- Similar to the old iron challenges but with system points seems fair.
4- Don't care for it. Entropedia still works fine. hehe

Mobs that don't have yet a iron challenge and that have good spawns of all maturities. ;)

1. Award points based on the maturity killed or the old way of 1 kill = 1 point? I want it based on maturity killed please. If I shoot a stalker I should be able to fast track the mission only fair imo since it does cost more. Of course being relevant to what maturity category is required for the mission, if iron/bronze etc.

2. Spreading the skill rewards between the different stages or having it all on the last stage? Hm tough call, but I'd say at the end of the mission. Reason I say that is, it is easier to analyse the amount of TT gained when you reach the end, rather than checking the TT gained of the skill in stages. I think that would be rather more annoying than waiting.

3. Possible changes to the amount to kill for each stage and amount of stages. Happy as it is at the moment. Reason is, less trips to the mission giver. Would of thought people would of said to keep as is than to add more stages = more visits to broker... oh well nvm.

4. Should the mission state the reward before it's completed? Yes, for current stage or show the final reward before completing all stages. Showing the skill reward & a rough TT estimate.

Also which mobs would you want to be next to get Iron style missions. Surprised exarosaur has not been added yet. Berycled. Bristle. Drone. Kerberos. Ambumilax. Combibo. Equus.

To be more than honest, I don't see why you don't just add every mob on calypso as an iron mob & make sure that you put adequate spawns that are not necessarily taxed with goood spawns.

To be more than honest, I don't see why you don't just add every mob on calypso as an iron mob & make sure that you put adequate spawns that are not necessarily taxed with goood spawns.

Adding a mission to a mob raises activity on it. This makes sense if the mob is really doesn't have anything going for it, as it diversifies what the players hunt. This results in less whining, as iron becomes less likely to sell for only 103% markup.

If every mob gets a mission, the result is only a sorry excuse for a skinner box.

I can't get Traeskeron mission yet, Henry Johnson at Camp Poseidon don't even have "!". Is there pre-requisite mission for it?

1. I'm doing Scorpion mission and I like the kill points based on the maturity
2. Yes please
3. The ladder to 10k kill is gruesome and boring..breaking down into smaller ones for some reward will be fun camping
4. Idc

I hate going back and forth between mission broker when i'm done with one stage, specially when I'm 15mins into event and completes one stage.

Can I get better loot from scorpion now :D

1. maturity
2. spread
Iron: 100 - 200 - 400 - 800 - 1600 - 3200 - 6400 - 12800
Bronze: 25600
Gold: 50200
Uber: 100400

4. Yeah. (I mean, would you like to know what your paycheck at the end of the month will look like?)

But generally, nothing of this matters as long as there are worthwhile rewards.

Here's something on the subject:

Finally, they did succeed, so even if it is possible to do what is described - doesn't mean you should do it, cause the result stays pretty much the same!

I mean, I hope this inspires you guys to actually pick up a challenging task and address deeper flaws.

i think that the Rex mission prize might be a little low compared to Atrox and older missions :)

Actually, I have one more suggestion... could you perhaps include a list of which maturity gives how many points in the mission description? :)

As far as remembering where the mission broker was located for each progression , I would choose to have the next mission leg delivered to me as in the puny mission.

I wouldnt mind seeing some type of custom mission for the event system.

Possibly a string of mobs or mobs , mining and crafting that adds up to a set point value decided by the organiser of the event.

I could see a land owner offering a prize for missions on their LA's.

The event system is something with endless opportunity.

Bones

1. Based on maturity please.

2. Spread out, definitely :)

3. Not sure

4. Well I don't see why not :) doesn't have to be too exact though, could state "Some combat skill" or "Handgun training" without telling exactly how much? :dunno:

I'm so lazy... but picked the best response :)

EDIT: well missing the original question! So read his post! :)

Actually, I have one more suggestion... could you perhaps include a list of which maturity gives how many points in the mission description? :)

No, it's better to leave it to the player to try and find out...

Last edited:
deleted :) :(

Here is a filler:

But generally, nothing of this matters as long as there are worthwhile rewards.

Here's something on the subject:

Finally, they did succeed, so even if it is possible to do what is described - doesn't mean you should do it, cause the result stays pretty much the same!

I mean, I hope this inspires you guys to actually pick up a challenging task and address deeper flaws.

(+) rep :)

Last edited:
I like the new points system in principle but I'm not convinced it's been well applied so far. For the Traeskeron it works well, for the Rextelum less so. Largely that's because the higher maturity Rextelum are out-of-bounds to 99%, or even more, of the EU population. For the Traesks it makes sense that we can 'fast-track' to the final reward by hunting higher maturities, and that's quite feasible for even low/mid hunters. But for Rextelum it's impossible for most, which means that the mission is pretty much indistinguishable from an Iron Challenge. Even for a relatively high-skilled avatar like myself (212 HP, 46 Evader, 85 Hit), killing a Devastator is a struggle using my normal gear.

So I would favour a combination of the new-style mission, and the old-style Iron Challenges, where the new version is more focused on the easier mobs where it makes more sense. Something like Exarosaur, for example, would be a good candidate for the new-style points missions, and would encourage and reward efforts from LA owners to cater for mission hunters (the old Exa Stalker LA used to be very popular but there seems to be no appetite for these now). If you were to introduce a mission for, say , Formicacida, it would be better to keep the old Iron rules.

I will also echo what others have said earlier, that you should expand the Iron/Bronze/more? system which the new maturity-based system would appear to replace, if you were to go with that exclusively. Please add more Bronze challenges and a 3rd stage on top of the most popular Bronze ones (Atrox and Argo I guess).

I know you said you didn't want to go into the rewards, but they are a fundamental part of all of this so they can't be divorced from any sensible discussion. Part of the problem with the Rextelum mission is that the rewards seem very small for the effort required (remembering that most of us can't kill the 15 point mobs or whatever they are), at least until the final stage. Giving 0.1 PED of skill (which iirc is the reward for the first Traeskeron stage) is pitiful, not even 1 point for a lot of people, and personally I'd rather have mission tokens than something so small.

If you really need me to fulfil your box-ticking exercise by addressing your individual points:

Both, with the maturity system being best suited to easier mobs, and the old iron/bronze/etc system best suited to harder mobs.

The 4 attributes followed by Stamina+skills reward for stage 5 is the best version you have.

Fine as it is, and I also like the variations for event mobs (Eomon, Longtooth etc), though this has been somewhat messed up by creating Eomon as a regular spawning mob. The 5k/10k version for the FOMA missions is rubbish and discourages people from attempting the missions at all.

Not much of an opinion really, I quite like the discovery aspect but I can understand why people would want to know in advance. If anything changes, it should be that the volume differences in final mission skill choices are explained - i.e. on old iron missions we were given a choice of Evade/Rifle/Melee Combat or whatever, but there was no indication that the volumes would differ from one to the other, and that is not ideal.

Bit of a double-edged sword here because having mission-hunters killing a good mob can quickly turn it into a bad mob. Mainly I would like to see something that gives a boost to LA-owners while not forcing people to hunt only on LAs, i.e. mobs like Formicacida, Bristlehog, Exarosaur which are available outside of LAs but with less desirable spawns than those that can be created with DNA.

Some other points to mention while I'm at it:

- I would love to see some kind of mission HoF system so that we can see when people complete the long missions - maybe not for every 100 mob mission or the exploring ones but at least for the 10k kills, and with special mentions for the first people to complete a mission.

- The Bronze Shinkiba system that gives -1 for Young/Mature is horrible, don't ever do that again.

- Don't ever change rewards for old missions! I know there is no indication in your post that this might happen but I think it's worth stating because of the unfairness it would create (especially bearing in mind that this has happened on other planets in the past).

I really hope you pay attention to that because I've put a lot of thought into it and it's taken me a long time to write - it's rare that I write such a long post. I spend 95%+ of my hunting time doing missions nowadays so it's something that's important to me and which I think is a key part of Calypso's (and EU's) development. I know there are many others in the same position and I hope I've captured some of the things they think about this too.

PS Please make some effort to differentiate comments by those who have done substantial amounts of mission-completing from those who log in for 3 hours a week to chat to their friends.

Last edited:
1. i think it should be based on maturity of mobs not 1 kill = 1 points.
(sometime ppl advantage of this.) i would recommand some kind stage request them to kill excatly what type of maturity so they will learn the experience of different individually of maturity mobs.
2. spread rewards on different stages. or u hold them all at end of final stages. sometime ppl will quit. so it depend on individually.

3. it dont matter, as what u hear from ppl suggest or whatever.

4. yea it should stat of what reward when completed each stages or ....

Back