New missions feedback

Personaly, I think every mob should have a mission chain, I prefer the old system.

If only a few more are added, why not Drone?, there are hugh spawns everywhere, also, I vote for Ambu, Furor, Fresc and Leviathan

Just my .02pec

1. considering the loot is evolving with the maturity the 1 kill =1 point is nice. specially if the graduation ( iron, bronze, silver, gold, platinum, valurite) raise the low maturity each time.

2. considering the nove reward suck totally, spreading the reward at each stage could be nice ( giving 5% instead nova. so 5%+5% then the final 90% at the end.

3. the number of kill is decent anyway , since we play we all kill tonns of tonns of mob so ... got a reward is a king of achievement ( and a trophe head something good too with the date of the reward and the name of avatar for iron, the at each new stage like bronze, etc a new write on it).

4. the reward should be show.

5. new iron with drone, pvp green dot( based on pv or kind of killing spree), horror cosmic or based on single sort minerals ( 500/2000/5000 etc ped of belk extract).

Would also like to suggest (again) for you guys to think about the possibility to allow for land owners to purchase 'Mission packs' to be implemented on their lands (cost depending on the mission award, for example)

Maybe to you it looks like a good idea but .....

Looking at the actual Estate opportunities we can imagine they will sell these missions for a tremendous amount of Peds and they will probably change the price and/or the condition of use in time like they already did with the current opportunities. I would also add that it would be very unfair to make me pay tens of thousands of Peds for something that some others have had for free and even had a upgrade to the bronze level for free.

Give all Calypso mobs their "mission packs".
Please and Thank you.

1. considering the loot is evolving with the maturity the 1 kill =1 point is nice.

So does the armor decay, armor investment, fap decay, possibly fap investment, weapon markup or weapon investment, not to mention the non-linear amount of time and peds spent to reach that level.

More points for higher maturities is fair.

Dont care. I only doing the missions to get some more attributes what the players before 2006 got so easy.

Like 1 old player said if you was a active player in hunting before 2006 it was no problem to get 100 in agility under that year, try it to do today without the missions.

But i want a osse mission.

Last edited:
Maybe to you it looks like a good idea but .....

Looking at the actual Estate opportunities we can imagine they will sell these missions for a tremendous amount of Peds and they will probably change the price and/or the condition of use in time like they already did with the current opportunities. I would also add that it would be very unfair to make me pay tens of thousands of Peds for something that some others have had for free and even had a upgrade to the bronze level for free.

Give all Calypso mobs their "mission packs".
Please and Thank you.
I understand and agree with what you're saying (I also co-own a land with a mob that has no Iron Mission).
I was not clear in my previous post. When I say 'Mission Packs' I do not refer to 'Iron Missions'. The idea is for owners to have the ability to purchase other Mission Packs, on top of the existing 'free' Iron Missions that should indeed be available for all mobs (I second that).

I understand and agree with what you're saying (I also co-own a land with a mob that has no Iron Mission).
I was not clear in my previous post. When I say 'Mission Packs' I do not refer to 'Iron Missions'. The idea is for owners to have the ability to purchase other Mission Packs, on top of the existing 'free' Iron Missions that should indeed be available for all mobs (I second that).

oh, ok. I'm sorry I misunderstood.
This thread talk about Iron missions so I thought that ...

Well, I myself did not really think about other kind of missions beside Iron, Bronze etc so, I'll have to guess it's not a bad idea.
But as I said, knowing MA they would sell for a price that will most probably take away the idea of buying.
I hope I'm wrong as I often, and I hope they can do something fun and affordable not only for the land owners but for the participants also.

Last edited:
Hey, i thought i would drop by and ask for some feedback regarding the Rextelum and Traeskeron missions now that they have been available for a while, and seem to be quite popular.

What i am mainly wondering is, would you want future missions to:
1. Award points based on the maturity killed or the old way of 1 kill = 1 point?
2. Spreading the skill rewards between the different stages or having it all on the last stage?
3. Possible changes to the amount to kill for each stage and amount of stages. An example could be 100-1000-2000-3000-4000-5000 etc.
4. Should the mission state the reward before it's completed?

I am not asking for feedback regarding the rewards for the missions because they are, as we all know always going to be to low, and the skills are greener on the other ones :wise:.

Also which mobs would you want to be next to get Iron style missions:wtg:

1. iron based on maturity but dont increase cost to do it please.

2. spread

3. yes, but we need to know on start total amount of mobs or points in order to calculate amount of peds needed to do it - ie price of iron and skills given.

4. yes

5. Make at least an attempt to do few iron mission less boring and more social with possibility of team hunting and shared points.
Make possibility that healers, decoyers, buffers, tagers, tankers and other support professions get litle from point share...

Last edited:
3. yes, but we need to know on start total amount of mobs or points in order to calculate amount of peds needed to do it - ie price of iron and skills given.

cool... agreed... I think Rex mission needs to be rebalanced a bit... the amount of peds needed to finish it is rather large compared to other missions

1. Maturity based :D

2. Yes, there's nothing more demoralising then to get novas for 5k kills.

3. No preference there.

4. Yes, why not. And please add a waypoint or coords for broker in description :)

Would love a drone iron

Freddie

Getting Novas on a Bronze mission? :silly2:

There is no 5k bronze mission until now, all are 10k.
Hunt ara 100, 500, 1000 and then try 5k mission and see reward.

I don't understand the logic behind changing the iron missions from the current 1 to 1. The mission clearly states kill x amount of mobs, not x/2 mobs because you can kill bigger mobs. Granted the the alternative would benefit me; however the fairness of the current system would be lost. Many people complain about new players not staying but is anyone considering how this would be discriminatory toward them (or for that matter anyone that has less money/skills then you)? I expect many would say - but that would be equal for everyone; however that is not true because there may be many people that may not be able to take advantage of such a change (especially newer and less skilled players). I don't see much in the way of supporting statements as to why the the current 1 to 1 should be changed; maybe because it would benefit the individual and not the whole. Currently the 1 to 1 on the iron missions is one of the fairest events in the game as everyone has to meet the same goal (kill x amount of mobs).
Obviously this is just my opinion and I thoroughly expect to be neg-repped as this post doesn't agree with the majority of posters. I just thought I needed to post this to explain why changing this would be a bad idea.
Thx and sorry in advance if I have offended anyone by implying there are agendas for changing the way it is.

I don't understand the logic behind changing the iron missions from the current 1 to 1. The mission clearly states kill x amount of mobs, not x/2 mobs because you can kill bigger mobs. Granted the the alternative would benefit me; however the fairness of the current system would be lost. Many people complain about new players not staying but is anyone considering how this would be discriminatory toward them (or for that matter anyone that has less money/skills then you)? I expect many would say - but that would be equal for everyone; however that is not true because there may be many people that may not be able to take advantage of such a change (especially newer and less skilled players). I don't see much in the way of supporting statements as to why the the current 1 to 1 should be changed; maybe because it would benefit the individual and not the whole. Currently the 1 to 1 on the iron missions is one of the fairest events in the game as everyone has to meet the same goal (kill x amount of mobs).
Obviously this is just my opinion and I thoroughly expect to be neg-repped as this post doesn't agree with the majority of posters. I just thought I needed to post this to explain why changing this would be a bad idea.
Thx and sorry in advance if I have offended anyone by implying there are agendas for changing the way it is.

I don't believe that MindArk intends to update the old missions or change them in anyway that they are now. What I do believe is that they are trying to get feed back in order to make new missions such as the Rextelum and Traskeron missions that were recently implemented.

I would partially agree with you. I think the old missions that are already out should stay the same and any new missions should get some sort of new update such as the kill point ratio but this would have a reduced skill reward system as we see on the Rextelum and Traskeron missions now. I am not opposed to either the 1:1 or the 6/1 ratio killing but that I would like the skills to reflect in the rewards. Meaning the rewards should match up to the mob. Atrox have very few HP compared to Rextelum yet the evader prize is less on the Rextelum even though it has more HP. I guess this is to compensate for the point ratio system? Either way, I feel strongly that the skills rewarded should be more if they were to do a 1:1 ratio vs the 6/1 ratio.

~Danimal

I red nice suggestions along this long thread.

I would just say/repeat to do not change in any way the old iron challenge.
The new missions based on kill points are interesting and I would see more quest based on this system. Puny mobs iron challenge is nice and the automatic step to next challenge is quite useful but I wouldn't repeat it for new challenges... I like to come back to a far and desolated place than continue to hunt like a mad (I'm tourist, check my sig lol).

If you're going to add new missions iron style or kill points style I would divide them in two big categories:
- kill points for newbie/small mobs (berycled, sabakuma, combibo, bugs, etc)
- iron style for medium/uber mobs (osseocolum, mutants of pvp4, trooper, seg, etc)

The two iron challenge at FOMA starting with 5000 kills are a big fail imho, persons are demotivated to start a huge time/ped consuming hunt if it doesn't start step by step (100, 500, 1000 kills...)

Any new mission shouldn't be about any unique DNA land owned (I was a land owner) but I don't like to see a aurli or cornoanterion mission... it's just a gift to landowners, if FPC/MA is really fair and honest should add also trilomite, hogglo, fungoid, globster, formicacida, etc mission to satisfy every landowner at the same manner.

I'd like to see also more missions new island style that are about exploring, mining, little hunting. Reward in tokens or skills or attributes do not worry me much, I do them anyway... better 2 tokens or 0,01ped anatomy than nothing.
:)

I'd quite like to see the missions involving wave mobs, particularly the rextelum one, give out partial points based on damage inflicted.

Starting from Wave 1, on a completed Traeskeron set of waves I got 2500 mission points. In a similar amount of time and expenditure I got 300 points starting from Wave 1 on a completed Rextulum set of waves. Essentially there's no added mission incentive to turn up to the Rextulum waves unless you have some very uber weapons and equipment.

Just don't alter any existing mission.

Improve it and you'll annoy those who have already completed it, nerf it and you'll annoy those you have yet to complete it. So leave it be. ;)

My 2 Cents

1. The Maturity rather than number of kills works.

2. Definitely spreading the rewards, but you have got to improve them slightly, and include attributes, the 2 new mission rewards seem too low, as compared to original missions.

3. Yes, changes to the amount per stage would be great, making it more attainable to get something for your progress.

4. Yes, the Mission should state the reward when accepted.

Next Mobs, Ambulimax, Drones, Chomper, Equus, definitely Leviathan

Did they ever do that except on RT?

:scratch:

The Longtooth migration last year allowed kills of Exa Elite maturities to count toward the Iron mission total.

Before that, only Longtooth themselves counted towards that mission.

There was a certain amount of bitterness about that from those who completed the Longtooth mission the year before with significantly higher costs.

1. Based on maturity, provided that balance is preserved (not 10k stalkers vs 10 millions youngs for the last stage)
2. Spread them. Putting everything in the end scares away some people from even starting the chain, and also makes the stages meaningless.
3. Probably yes, it would give more sense of progress and incentive to continue.
4. Absolutely. It's fair and we'd learn about the rewards from the forum anyway :silly2:

1. based on maturity
2. spread the skills - allows to switch chains and still get some reward
3. depends on distance/ease of access to mission giver
4. prefer some idea, does not need to be exact
missions for faucervix, Drone, caudategus

I would like to see a lot more iron missions, maybe even one for each mob. With (2. spread the skills) you could switch between the missions as you feel and gain some benefits. I refuse to kill an iron chain exclusively (boring) and as a result I am doing about 6 chains simultaneously right now (started most chains already, even if I cannot kill them).

Also if every/most mobs had a chain then it might help rebalance the market mu a bit because it would spread out some of the "over hunting" across a very large range of critters possibly reducing the oversupply of a number of drops.

suggestion,
how about a set of dailies, easy, medium, hard, (and insane?) which select a random critter for destruction every day (or week?) - no time limit to complete, but only one daily of each difficulty at any time - and then make completion of these dailies part of a new "iron daily chain",
eg. easy iron daily - complete 1, 10, 50, 100 easy daily missions

I should probably clarify my Polishing a Turd post...

I think the reason I feel this ways is that, there's really no reason to skill and do missions to gain more skills, cause there's no reason to have so much skill, since skills don't make your game more interesting when you only have skills to chaise.

There needs to be an additional reason, or better yet reasons. Lest start with one.

Or I feel like a hamster in a wheel. The faster I move, the faster it spins, the faster I gotta move. I'm dizzy, lets do something different.

1. I'm not really decided. But leaning strongly towards 1 kill = 1 point. But any extensions of existing missions (say new Bronze and Silver) should keep the style the chain is in.

2. At the end

3. I think 1K-2K-... is too flat for my preference. OTOH, many people seem to be discouraged from undertaking the 5K and 10K stages as too long.

4. yes, for the stage at hand.

New missions :

* Some electric mob, Bristelhogs or Trilomites or both.

* Some reasonable but weakish mobs - Faucervix, Snarksnot, etc

* Some more bigger robots - Legionaires or Troopers, maybe Droka / Warrior Bronze too ? Big Bulk as a migrational mission?

* Some tougher mobs - Formidon, Formicacida, Oculus, Kingfisher, Chomper, Falxangius, Proteron.

* Longu and Atrax Bronze

* Argonaut / Atrox / Feffoid / Molisk Silver

Overall I think adding new missions, existing popular chain should be lengthened, and new chains added so that the three segments of newbie, low level and mid/high level would all get new content. Punies + Traeskeron + Rextelum was actually a good combo that way.

- I would love to see some kind of mission HoF system so that we can see when people complete the long missions - maybe not for every 100 mob mission or the exploring ones but at least for the 10k kills, and with special mentions for the first people to complete a mission.

This would be awesome really, a per planet hof table for completing iron missions and a ath table for whoever completes a mission first.

1. Award points based on the maturity killed or the old way of 1 kill = 1 point? (Based On Maturity)
2. Spreading the skill rewards between the different stages or having it all on the last stage? (Maybe)
3. Possible changes to the amount to kill for each stage and amount of stages. An example could be 100-1000-2000-3000-4000-5000 etc. (Yes)
4. Should the mission state the reward before it's completed? (Yes)

Many posters answered Charile question about possible new mobs for new iron missions but...
How many of you finished all iron missions and now bored need new mobs and new iron missions?
Do we have some sort of stagnation on doing iron missions and MA is looking for new incentives to stimulate players?
Sure shity reward on lately added traeskeron and rextelum missions do not help situation.
Yes we want more "green" or at least not less that it used to be.
And we need new blood - new players to do all existing irons we already did so bring in new players.

Or,

How about an ability to loot mission tokens, which give people access to other missions.

Tokens for tools/weapons system is an absolutely horrible idea, btw, or anything of that sort.
It ruins the point of professions and specialization, mis-allocates incentives and
makes it seem like a centrally controlled economy. I mean, it does create competition, but a sort of competition where professional efficiencies make no difference...
Somehow, energies spent one way get to equal energy spent in a another way. There's no difference of incentive or choice of result. It polarizes the market.

EU 2006 - Free Market Economy
EU 2009 - Witchcraft, Alchemy and Communism

I'd write more, but it's not worth the effort, guess why.

Back