New planet

Better than MJ.

Still sticking to my home planet though.

Lol @ 1 million users from 200 countrys :laugh:

Well, the mentioned 950,000 registered accounts in that other article. I guess that's accurate.

And it can be a million from 200 countries. Just that some of those countries have a grand total of zero accounts :)

How the hell am I supposed to find and kill the invisible man ?:confused:

I am waiting for studio 100 to come with planet plopsa, planet mega mindy and planet piet piraat!

The horror! You thought "Ik moest kloppen, want de bel deed het niet"* was a joke?
* I needed to knock, because the bell is broken.

Studio 100 BugsPlanet

It will go wrong, terrible wrong.

:eek::laugh::eek:

How the hell am I supposed to find and kill the invisible man ?:confused:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh wait! This has something to do with my Artificial Intelligence!!! post.

You Exit a Service Center and scream "Invisible man, I wanna find and kill you!".
He Runs up to you, takes off his Invisible Cape and scream back "OKAY!"

;),
Some

Last edited:
What a bunch a damned whiners .. why the hell would we want every planet to mirror Calypso?

More planet choices are better to bring in as many paying players as possible.

Bones

Well, the mentioned 950,000 registered accounts in that other article. I guess that's accurate.

And it can be a million from 200 countries. Just that some of those countries have a grand total of zero accounts :)

Registered accounts means nothing, most quit. If there's 50k players i would be surprised out of that. Realistic figure IMO is 10k regular players tops.

Doesn't an account get lock or whatever after a year of Inactivity. How many of those 1 mil accounts are active I wonder?

Oh wait, 1 mil after conversion would only be 100k right? Minus fee of course
;)

On the plus side the monster world might actually be fun to hunt on

Registered accounts means nothing, most quit. If there's 50k players i would be surprised out of that. Realistic figure IMO is 10k regular players tops.

Of course. Every gamer knows that.
But for some silly reason... investors don't...

and that is why it is smart to mention such numbers in press releases.

As much as I didnt like rocktropia when it arrived, been up there no and actually like it a lot... the more planets the more people, can only be a good thing. Of course it if everything stays like this, with globals and hofs from all planets showing and weird rocktropia axes down on calypso and prolly mj gloves and crap like that it will spoil the sci fi part of entropia.. I do hope ma will look into that... not that we will see those planets come live anytime soon anyway.

Its a license to use 80 years of Monster Work! from Universal Pictures, Movies, cartoons, comics, storylines, designs, memorabilia.
There are so many fans of this type of stuff. This is could be HUGE!

Just look at the facebook:

planet calypso: 1.4k Likes
planet michael: 5.3k Likes (and this planet does not even exist yet!)

seriously, think about it.

I just hope they fix before they release that all planets stay/are being updating in one big VU. They have to seperate!

Lets hope the quest and missions in these new planets are better then what we got in Calypso at the moment, and that the ones on Calypso get better over time! :)

I'm optimistic that FPC will move ahead. Look just at what they have done lately:
* FPC has a forum now through which we have (sort of) direct contact. I at least feel that the gap between us players and FPC is closing. (there is at least a gap as big as the universe between us players and MA)
* Marco is sharing his vision on the forum
* FPC started out with a basic mission setup, and there are almost 200 missions now (I'm sure mission challenge and complexity will evolve)
* Of those missions there is an important part that teach new players the concept and the working of thing (which I like very much. So I don't have to tell every damn thing to a new player all the time :laugh:)
* last and certainly not least: We have community manager Hanne. Although I have not spoken to here ingame directly, I have come across here a lot lately (definitely more since the new PA). I think she has a hell of a job, but doing great. (It will certainly be impossible to satisfy everyone).

if each planet takes up about 10 gigs on our hard drive, and there are say 10 planets coming, thats about 100 gigs on the hard drive. and maybe more planned and on the way... PLUS space, so we can travel to each planet.. which could be many more gigs taken up on our hard drives.. the question remains, how are they going to fit all that on the average joes pc hard drive?

my hard drive is almost already full of other applications and games, all of which, i play and use frequently. are we all going to have to eventually, have to buy separate computers, that is devoted to eu?

rofl dont answer, just trying to pic your brains a bit :D

Word around the campfire is that Next Island will go live in January. Cyrene will probably be released within the first half of 2011.

the official announcement of next island going live to the RL public will be in january :D but we are going to get a sneek peek a month early in december, like the 6th or something. ill have to dig up the thread i found that in...

I think more planets the better, will bring a lot of people into playing, now if you have some funny silly like Planet Michael ( " My own opinion !! " ), what does it matter there is millions of die hard fans out there that just love Michael and will always love him even though he is dead, are willing to put money into virtual glittering gloves, estates, jackets, fancy high glowy shoes and stuff which will work out better for the rest of EU in the end.

And more the better, Each Planet should be different adds a lot more fun into it he he. :)

One thing I will say they will have to really get rid of the Planet Globals, they should only show on the Planet Only, They could show ATH's though, later on as years pass they will have to get rid of that too, Only show Important News like maybe Promotional Events and stuff.

Maybe by 2020, EU may have at least 50 planets across the expansion of EU, having a whole new variety of colonies to explore and play on lol.

:laugh:

hehe.

'kguruax out'

if each planet takes up about 10 gigs on our hard drive, and there are say 10 planets coming, thats about 100 gigs on the hard drive. and maybe more planned and on the way... PLUS space, so we can travel to each planet.. which could be many more gigs taken up on our hard drives.. the question remains, how are they going to fit all that on the average joes pc hard drive?

my hard drive is almost already full of other applications and games, all of which, i play and use frequently. are we all going to have to eventually, have to buy separate computers, that is devoted to eu?

No, a new hard drive will do :)

When I first heard about new planets, way way back, I actualy thought it would be one and the same, ie a planet where the bots live, or where the orbs from vu9 and before lead to, or a new continent (but on another planet, much the same as Calypso, or tied into the Calypso storyline).
I was really exited about that.

Now, several years later, Wacko Planet comes along, then this, kinda deflates me somewhat.
Rocktropia, I did try, had a bit of fun, but soon returned back.

As others have pointed out, I hope they keep these planets seperate, in that we do not have to download crap that we (I) will never visit, unless we opt to, as some planets I will be visiting, like Cyrene and Next Island as an example.
And that we get a new tab on communications that lets us turn off globals like Avatar A defeated Bubbles for 1000 ped and has been recorded blah blah, from these silly planets.

But the more people sign up, the better, so that positive outweighs the negatives that only spoil our storyline on Calypso.
Exciting times ahead, who knows, but I hope so.

First Planet Calypso, in my eyes, THE Only Planet

My 2 peneth :)

Last edited:
Just as an FYI ... Entropians will be able to access a beta version of Next Island on Dec 7th or 8th, and we'll be able to interact in this beta version all the way through to Next Island going live, even when Next Island is introduced to the media at CES Jan 5th. David Post said that Next Island will most likely be going live around the 3rd week in Jan.

Exciting news indeed more planets more players :yay:

Will definitely look forward to those not sure about planet michael though :)

Diversity is the fruit of life :wtg:

Hawk.

But we already HAVE Parker Van Helsing. :scratch2:

Van Helsing Returns in New MMO - FEARnet.com

[SIZE=-2]MMOMFG[/SIZE]

Van Helsing Returns in New MMO

[SIZE=-1]FEARnet.com[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]According to the Hollywood Reporter, the new MMO will be part of a larger world called Entropia Universe, where it will share space with some…interesting ...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Sharpen those pointy sticks and prepare yourself for a Van Helsing MMO[SIZE=-1] MMOMFG[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Universal Monsters Coming To Entropia Universe[SIZE=-1] Virtual Worlds News[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Someone Is Making A Van Helsing MMO[SIZE=-1] Kotaku.com[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] Financial Post -Escapist Magazine - Zam News[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]all 51 news articles »[/SIZE]

More...

News feed provided by Google News.

I dont think stating there at 1 million players/accounts helps MA.
An investor will get MA's year statments and see they make X amount of money.

So 1 millon accounts = X amount of dollars. That doesn't look like MA makes very much per player.
But if you make X amount of dollars with only 10k players that is a good amount of money.
I as a new investor in a planet might think. They have 10k players already, my new planet will bring in another 10k or more I could make some good money.

Lies or False truths only work on the ignorant.
My 2 pecs.

SEE Virtual Worlds™ Secures Deal to Publish Themed Virtual World Based on the ... - Seeking Media (press release)

SEE Virtual Worlds™ Secures Deal to Publish Themed Virtual World Based on the ...
[SIZE=-1]Seeking Media (press release)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The new Universal Monsters virtual world will be the second themed planet published by SEE Virtual Worlds in the Entropia Universe, a vast dynamic 3D ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]http://news.google.com/news/more?pz=1&ned=us&ncl=dufeinpt6V_7XbM[/SIZE]

More...

News feed provided by Google News.

Came across this while looking for something completely different :laugh:

Planet Michael developer interview

It .. sort of .. answers some of the questions I've wondered about .. like what would players actually do there ?

Q: There's certainly potential for Plant Michael to be an online forum for fans, but in a lot of MMO's the world-building includes lore and back story which provides potential for questing. How will that aspect fit into Planet Michael?

Well, we're in very early stages of development so we haven't yet finalised how we're going to tie everything together. What I can say is that we're looking at the standard MMO activities. In terms of the lore, there's been a lot of discussions but I don't feel comfortable with any of it in terms of saying 'well, here's the back story of the player going into the world'. I can tell you that there will be one, there will be a thread that ties these different areas together and focuses the player in some consistent thematic way. It's all still open.

From an activities point of view, it's important at this stage to take a step back and say that Planet Michael is going to be implemented in what is called The Entropia Universe. That's a platform that was created by a Swedish company called MindArk and they are our partners in this endeavour. They have a product out now called Project Calypso which is a sci-fi-themed planet. Planet Michael is the first of many themed planets we intend to push into the Entropia Universe.

So the Entropia Universe provides the infrastructure for all the games we will do a the SEE Global Entertainment family. That infrastructure provides for all of the standard MMO activities from hunting, to crafting, to mining – all of the questing abilities and group abilities. It's very much like any other MMO, it's just that we will be theming them to Michael Jackson. So in a standard MMO you have a lot violence and killing. In a Michael Jackson world those sort of thing are out of step with how he looked at the world – we're looking a lot more towards music and dance. In a PVP (player vs player) situation, we might be having a dance-off. Those will be the skills we're looking towards; players level up by becoming proficient in certain types of dances, along the lines of the iconic moves that Michael Jackson did. We looking to blend those very heavily into the game.

Q: So, just looking at the community aspect and the non-violent content, would you say that Planet Michael would be a virtual world, closer in spirit and design to Second Life, rather than an MMO like World Of Warcraft?

Not really. There are some elements of Second Life in it, sure, but Second Life didn't have almost any game aspect to it at all. We're planning a very strong set of abilities, quests and tasks for players so we're not like that at all. You will be questing in our game. You will be fending off monsters. You will be interacting and meeting with other players. You will be earning, looting and collecting items in the game. For example, you may find yourself in an environment where there are tractors destroying the world. It will be your job to take them out and heal the world using the skill set you've built up – probably dancing and using some sort of magical behaviour – to earn points and credits by defeating the tractors. That's just one idea of how we would blend a Michal Jackson theme into an MMO experience.

For example, you may find yourself in an environment where there are tractors destroying the world. It will be your job to take them out and heal the world using the skill set you've built up – probably dancing and using some sort of magical behaviour – to earn points and credits by defeating the tractors.

Defeating tractors ?? By dancing ?? :laugh::laugh:

Back