• Other Side of Calypso

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

KlowN

Stalker
Krevorn KlowN Tzavask
So, with Cyrene and Toulan coming soon, I was thinking, how will MA make the space layout for these planets? I was wondering what you all think too! Do you think they would keep space the size it is and place them next to say Arkadia & Rocktopia, since it seems on the map they have an extra square pushed out where they are located. Or could they possibly be slick with it and make Calypso the "center of attention" still and create a whole new part of the universe on the left side of Calypso and place them there, keep Calypso in the center? Who knows? Whatcya think? :)

I think in the long run each planet will have it's own solar system, and probably solar systems would be seperated by "deep space" that can only be crossed by warp vehicles.

I think as they develop space and add planets etc they will conpletely redesign the layout, probably eventually ending up with each planet having its own solar system and eventually giving pp's creative Controll over their solar systems

I think as they develop space and add planets etc they will conpletely redesign the layout, probably eventually ending up with each planet having its own solar system and eventually giving pp's creative Controll over their solar systems

Ageed, it will probably have different systems with some warp gates (and MS/privateer warp) working for travel between them.

At the very least, I'd like to see PPs be able to redesign the space station related to their planet so you can see what the planet is like without landing.

Each station could have an exhibition related to the planet or its theme (colonial calypso, archeological arkadia, etc) and maybe even playerowned estates

Very interesting thoughts guys. Never even came to mind for each to have their own "solar system" type server area. Very very neat idea. Nice :)

Ageed, it will probably have different systems with some warp gates (and MS/privateer warp) working for travel between them.

I think space will always be seamless, so even a quad etc can travel between all of space, as thats how eu is designed, but for sure, warp is the sensible way to go.

I am pretty sure Cyrene will be placed left of calypso, making calypso the center of the universe

Put them right in the middle!

This^! This would also create some space (pardon the pun) for space mining!

:yay:

I think they will probably either squeeze the new planets into the corners or put them on the other side of calypso. What I'd like to see is a three dimensional universe (up/down). You could put a lot more planets in that way, but that would take some effort creating a 2d map to go with it.

I think what we really need is some input from MA, the roadmap that Bjorn referred to would come really handy. A 3D space map would make things much easier in the where to place things department while keeping travel times in check too.

Since NI is the least visited planet, maybe they will expand space beyond NI and put Cyrene on the other side of NI to make NI a stopping place on the trip back and forth. MA has an interest in making all the PP successfull, so it would make sense to me that new planet placement would encourage more travel to the lesser visited planets.

I voted for other, because I have a sneaky spy inside MA's headquarters. Now I can't release much information about the future development of space or the layout they've chosen.

The new distribution of planets will satisfy both uber-traders and pirates in a very cool and awesome way, I think it's better to show you the first preview of the new layout, but be aware this is a work-in-progress prototype.

This one is the first of two developed layouts, MA has invested millions of moneys and time into this:

space-pacman.jpg

Can't release much information about the second prototype layout, but it has something to do with Tetris, bananas and a giant golden poop.

Enjoy this unique privileged glance into the future of Entropia Universe™ © ® etc..

PS: Drugs...

A 3D space map would make things much easier in the where to place things department while keeping travel times in check too.

Here is my wishlist:

3D Map
solar systems with every inhabitable planet in its own system
minable asteroid belts
mining ships or mining "weapons" for existing ships
lots of different space mobs
expansion of the toxic shot system to space
warp/jump gates
the equivalent of Calypso Land Deeds for space (Space Volume Deeds)

Here is my wishlist:

3D Map
solar systems with every inhabitable planet in its own system
minable asteroid belts
mining ships or mining "weapons" for existing ships
lots of different space mobs
expansion of the toxic shot system to space
warp/jump gates
the equivalent of Calypso Land Deeds for space (Space Volume Deeds)

Yep I like this!! :yay:

Since NI is the least visited planet, maybe they will expand space beyond NI and put Cyrene on the other side of NI to make NI a stopping place on the trip back and forth. MA has an interest in making all the PP successfull, so it would make sense to me that new planet placement would encourage more travel to the lesser visited planets.

Since PPs have to bring in more people, maybe they will set it up so that the planets with smallest populations are further out, and they get rearranged yearly or something... They screwed up all of Caly with vu 10, so why not do similar to the whole blasted virtual universe sometimes... We already have time displaced places like Greece so all of time and space can definitely be changed in the storyline.

You want to pay peds for nothing? Isn't that what space is?

Depends on what particular space your defining... say like between some people's ears.. yeah.. nothing!! :yup:

It looks to me like MA have made space(sic) for at least 1 of the new planets at the lower left of the space map having now dragged FOMA and CP closer to Caly:wise:

I think space will always be seamless, so even a quad etc can travel between all of space, as thats how eu is designed, but for sure, warp is the sensible way to go.

Well I meant that they could add warp gates for non-warp ships between the systems, allowing the ships with warp (mothership, privateer) to jump straight from one planet to another while for example a Quad-Wing would have to go Planet > Warp Gate 1 > Warp Gate 2 > Planet 2 :)

The only way to make all planets be on the same distance from eachother (if this is something they want) would be to put them on different servers with different space and gates between :) that could be boring though

Anyways, actual planet systems would be nice :)

Caly will probably end up as the central planet.

The space mapping system ideally should be viewable and navigated as a simple 3D 'map'. This way planets may be positioned more appropriately.

Not hard to implement and relieves the many spacial restrictions imposed by sticking to a 2D bitmap representation.

Possibly with a 3D map the positioning of the planets could be 'dynamic' over a set period of time.

:twocents:

You want to pay peds for nothing? Isn't that what space is?

Hehe, not when a share of space revenue is attached. Also real space (vacuum) is FAR from being nothing. It's a bubbly sea of virtual particles.

:silly:

Back