Next Island open beta in 2-3weeks?

But is for this year?

Our we need wait more one? :confused:

Smart move Mr Post. > http://www.gamesindustry.biz/jobs/n...orld/north-america/marketing-manager--id41414

You may wish to let your marketing manager know straight off the bat that it would take one and a half years to save up for a level 41 laser handgun which is "barely" a mid level SIBs weapon mind you and at least another half a year for the ammo to drive the gun if they are going to pitch a 50 USD a year sales pitch ;)

That is 2 years of $ 50/year deposits just for 1 gun and ammo @ lvl 41.

LINK > http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1187

ie. Setting expectations if your going to cover the scope of costs involved to play Entropia are important.

Maybe leave out figures & use a more general approach to promoting Next Island.

I concur with the above.
If you lead your customers with false-half-truths, you will fail.
If you're banking on millions of players, you will fail.
Lying to yourselves - and furthermore, to your customers - is a sure fire way to fail in business.

Just be honest.

I concur with the above.
Lying to yourselves - and furthermore, to your customers - is a sure fire way to fail in business.

Just be honest.

Nice post....

I concur with the above.

Just be honest.

Well said, although MA has been lying to us for years :wise:

Finally watched the video.. well for a business show it isn't bad. Hope gamers weren't watching it, although business people in general have more to invest as many have in EU. Unfortunately he missed just how people can make money in that it's up to them to balance what they do and the difference between a time investment vs. a monetary one.

Hmmm....

Ahhh... The next Island... :D

These guys fail PR 101 :laugh:

Neverdied start lose some reputation when have some people from his team talking top much...
At moment everybody wanna join new planets but i think next island just start really bad

Neverdied start lose some reputation when have some people from his team talking top much...
At moment everybody wanna join new planets but i think next island just start really bad

Tried for a couple of weeks on neverdie.com forum to get an answer about the new planets. But sadly i have to say their communication with us Payers is at least as bad as Mindarks. Dont they all realize theres at least ONE similar game out there with a VERY active PR division who competes over the players ? :rolleyes:

I long since stopped "holding my breath" when I hear that "something" is coming , crygen 2 was at least 2 years late to mention one thing . new planets when they arrive I will beleive it untill then its just make believe .

Sure would be nice to hear word from SOMEONE when planets are actually going to start showing up.

Sure would be nice to hear word from SOMEONE when planets are actually going to start showing up.

My guess would be when all the basic elements that will appear on every planet have been implemented. Thats why we're getting all the new features now and not the stuff we want and paid for in the past i.e. taming, beacons, mind force.

At the moment the development cycle seems to be tilted in MA's favour and not ours even though we've bank rolled most of it. Personally I'd rather have all our missing features back before any other planet launches.

Summarized:

• Next Island PR is a FAIL.
  • A lot of hype and general excitement quickly creates around the interview.
  • NOTHING happens, which is another FAIL.
  • Next Island .Unable to respect the "official launch dates". FAIL.
  • As usual clients or "users" are disillusioned. FAIL.

Awesome :laugh:

I would be intressting to know why the planets are late. Is it MA that must work out some issues with the software, or is the planet partners that is not ready for the launch?

ahhh, the cash cards...

oops. wrong thread.

ahhh, the planet partners...

Wont happen. Seems as the whole gang is former KGB officers. :rolleyes:

They're probably waiting for MA to finish the designs for the "long awaited" 8th armor piece...

They're probably waiting for MA to finish the designs for the "long awaited" 8th armor piece...

ah yes wristguards. ;)

ahhh, the cash cards...

oops. wrong thread.

ahhh, the planet partners...

I think somewhere July/August is the word.

Beta testing is supposed to be running from March - June.

This would also be the start of a new fiscal year for the partners to launch on :)

I would guess August from the job description -
Being MA involved, make that September :D

Marketing Manager for 3D virtual world going into beta in March 2010. Next Island is the first new virtual world with a real cash economy. It is on the Entropia Universe platform. Looking for someone who can do the work and also think outside of the box. Our near term goal is to stir signups (free) and create buzz about our world. We will test various marketing strategies during the beta period (March-July). Start as a freelancer and if there is a good fit and synergy we will examine a full time gig. That could include equity/stock options as well. Report directly to Chairman so there are lots of opportunities to grow. How would you direct a campaign to make us a virtual world that millions will hear about and will want to try?
Think about publicity, promotion, contests, stunts, in-world and real world connections, ambassadors, advertising, and most of all fresh new ideas to help us become successful. The virtual world and its unique features will do the rest!

Last edited:

LOL I think this is what MA does all to often.

Game has short comings, so add fluff.

Untrue. If this were the case we would have FUCKING BEACONS!

Untrue. If this were the case we would have FUCKING BEACONS!

You misunderstood.

As in his statement of adding fluff, it was not something of substance, just like MA.

Instead of adding substance, like the beacons, mind force chips, taming, etc..., THEY ADD FLUFF LIKE TIER SYSTEM.

And yes, I do share your boiling over frustration. I found today that my ad signs that were constantly intermittent for people to see the message, they now say need to be repaired although nearly full TT. And they had the balls to close the ticket I had taken out on them months ago. I guess the ticket didn't cover the new screw up so just close it.

THEY NEED SOME QA!

Back