No Bidding is BS

slither

Marauder
Society
Rangers
Snake Slither Hellfire
Ok, I can undertsand why the auction transport fee doesn't work anymore and I can understand the pvp space thing, but why the hell can't I bid on something auctioned on another planet???

There's been a number of people who have had slow sales or no sales or low sales because I couldn't bid on their item. How is this possibly helping any planets economy?

I accept that I'll have to fly there to pick the item up, this is fine, but I'm not flying on the hope that I win an auction or fly to another planet only to see someone has taken BO in last 10mins.

It's MA's half-assed way to get space trading up and running.
If they would have gone all the way and fully disconnected the auctions so you
couldn't bows other panets it would have been better.
This middle way they have choosen just frustrates people for obvious (not to MA) reasons.
I'm with you on this.
If you can't brows other planets it's in favor for traders that does their homework and keeps
track of supply and demand everywhere.
It's a tough job, but potentially very lucerative.

agree, it does seem a step too far to prevent bidding from a distance, and pointless to see whats available if you have to be there. keep it so you have to go to planet if you win and thats a good balance.

I like it, its how a Real Cash Economy should be. Gives planets the chance to become self sustainable.

And you was given plenty of warning to prepare for this change ;)

By prepare for the change do u mean create a second avatar so I can bid on calypso while i'm on arkadia? If not, then how should I have prepared for it?

They told us in advance this change was happening, so we could get whatever we needed from other planets before the tp's were disabled.

I'm not talking about any difficulties in getting items I bid on prior to the vu, i'm talking about bidding now on items. How do I prepare myself for that?

The answer is that I can't. There's no way I can get around it without creating a second avatar.

If you think it's a good idea then explain to me why, i'm willing to listen and change my PoV. But from how I see it atm, there's not a single reason to this.

I'm not talking about any difficulties in getting items I bid on prior to the vu, i'm talking about bidding now on items. How do I prepare myself for that?

The answer is that I can't. There's no way I can get around it without creating a second avatar.

If you think it's a good idea then explain to me why, i'm willing to listen and change my PoV. But from how I see it atm, there's not a single reason to this.

One benefit is that the players actually on the planet gets a better chance to buy the items, for example shops and other estates.

Since MA came up with this whole space pirate idea they had to figure out how
to make people start hauling stuf back and forth between the planets, or else
this whole concept fails.
So they figured, we need to cut the TP's to get people actually flying like
back in the old days and we have to separate the auctions to get things moving.
Now, depending who you are, 2 scenarios are prefered;
If you are a trader you want to cut the auctions free totally so they all are planet wide
only because that benefits your trading.
If you're a end user that buys the stuff you need or sell your loot you want it back
the old way where you could browse the entire auction on all planets and make bids.

So it realy comes down to who you are and what you use the auction for.
Personally i don't realy care cuz all i get in the loot from MA is tt fodder anyway.
I must have upset them in some ways me thinks. :scratch2:

Its good to be able to view all auctions as if I was in space and wanted to buy something I can browse the different planet auctions and go to the planet that has the cheapest item, but it would also be cool if you could bid as well from another planet.

This can only be bad for sellers also.

Not only do you have to be on a planet to bid, but unless you want to pay BO, you have to stay there until either the end of the auction, or you are overbid and don't want to bid higher. Result: fewer buyers, or traders have 4 avatars.

but then the MU history is still universe wide, the tt pistols from Ark are listed at 120% purely because of sales on Calypso.

Was that the idea behind the rce, selling tt weapons on other planets. It's no better than when people used to put the weapons from the npc traders at Zychion on auction.

but then the MU history is still universe wide, the tt pistols from Ark are listed at 120% purely because of sales on Calypso.

I think they need to change that. Make the markup history show only for the planet you are on, or in the history window, be able to scroll through the different planets. Being able to do that would give you an idea of how much an item is selling for on each planet.

Otherwise, if something sells for say 110% on Arkadia, it will likely sell for that same price on Calypso, even though the item is not available there, and the obvious transportation risk will not be factored into the price as it should.

Its good to be able to view all auctions as if I was in space and wanted to buy something I can browse the different planet auctions and go to the planet that has the cheapest item, but it would also be cool if you could bid as well from another planet.

Going to a different planet just to bid on something is simply not what we should have to do. Slither is entirely right here. MA made a mistake and they should fix it and enable us to bid on all items we can see on auction.

Ok, I can undertsand why the auction transport fee doesn't work anymore and I can understand the pvp space thing, but why the hell can't I bid on something auctioned on another planet???

There's been a number of people who have had slow sales or no sales or low sales because I couldn't bid on their item. How is this possibly helping any planets economy?

I accept that I'll have to fly there to pick the item up, this is fine, but I'm not flying on the hope that I win an auction or fly to another planet only to see someone has taken BO in last 10mins.

The only reason is that MA will force us to be in space.....

I agree with OP....... cross planetary bidding only should be allowed so long as retrieval still relies on actual space travel.

I belive is temp MA solution.
Its maybe made to prevent money transfer between trader and his second ava on planet 1, third ava on planet 2 .. and so on.
We all have seen money transfer with 1 decoy with wery big bidout and similar...

I don't see how we can have both though, if we get universal bidding then each planet having separate MUs is impossible to do because the bidding will show up on each planets MU listing as the same MU despite the planet it is on. It looks to me like we can have only one or the other.

1). Universal bidding opens again, MU same on all planets as a result and a loss of profits due to the shuttling fees each planet more or less on their own space travel looks bad.

2). Each planet has different MU and different auctions, prices on many items begin to be different depending on the planet the player is on resulting in a reason to pay shuttle fees and risk lootable space. FOMA becomes a trading hub for planetary traders, yes it too has its own auction and by now we all know that no matter what planet you are on shuttle rides are half the price of planet to planet rides because of the amount of uses on the thrusters.

Space is the best thing that MA has done if you ask me, and I vote for number 2, this opens up jobs of many different types. A space pirate for some, a space pirate killer for others, passenger shuttling, trade good transport to name a few.

Last edited:
Space is the best thing that MA has done if you ask me, and I vote for number 2, this opens up jobs of many different types. A space pirate for some, a space pirate killer for others, passenger shuttling, trade good transport to name a few.

but then it becomes do you want EU to be your second job? Does a pilot really want to spend all their time shuttling people or actually playing

But back to the MV, without independent market history no one will know what's needed where. A commondity rare on Ark could massively affect the price it's being listed on auction on Calypso, pushing the price up when actually it's readily available and could almost be tt fodder or vice verse crashing a price on Calypso as it's tt fodder on Ark.

If MA plan on stablising the prices between to the two to avoid such a situation then why try to start it. Right now the first item using resources from multiple planets is with us but it's not selling. There are plenty of listings for welding wire not attracting a single bid. Surely it should have been something like parts for ships - weapons, shields and such or new craft like the fighter.

The change is made so each planet can be self suntainable and not live off other planets, or have other planets steal their resources. Simple.

Last edited:
Most of the complaining seems to be resellers crying about not being able to easily arbitrage. Wah. I have no sympathy for people who do pretty much nothing for the game (via reselling at least).

Most of the complaining seems to be resellers crying about not being able to easily arbitrage. Wah. I have no sympathy for people who do pretty much nothing for the game (via reselling at least).

for the last few years we've had people saying to build up stacks and then sell. Wouldn't you like to know which planet those stacks would get the best price on?

I would have thought pk'ers especially would want people transfering stacks between planets. But according to the market history its the same MU everywhere so why should anyone move their stacks to another planet.

for the last few years we've had people saying to build up stacks and then sell. Wouldn't you like to know which planet those stacks would get the best price on?

I would have thought pk'ers especially would want people transfering stacks between planets. But according to the market history its the same MU everywhere so why should anyone move their stacks to another planet.

I have no problem with displaying market values for each planet seperately.

However as of right now, you can look at prices for stuff on other planets just by checking the auction (if there is any for sale there; if there isn't, not much point in market history).

You want to arbitrage? Do some research, go to the planets, buy the stuff, travel back.

I know some people just want to sit on Calypso, buy stuff cheap on other planets, then when they have enough, just make their rounds to collect the stuff and profit. Well too bad it's not that easy, nor should it be.

I see a bunch of traders crying that MA broke the game, when really they are just upset that it's not as easy as it used to be. This made the game better for me, someone that actually plays the game and does not enjoy seeing traders and the irresponsible actions of planet partners and even MA wreck markups on Calypso.

I see a bunch of traders crying that MA broke the game, when really they are just upset that it's not as easy as it used to be. This made the game better for me, someone that actually plays the game and does not enjoy seeing traders and the irresponsible actions of planet partners and even MA wreck markups on Calypso.

It's not the first time Mindark have dramatically altered the game for traders, as you will no doubt recall, back in 2006 every item cost 1 ped to list. Changing this to 0.5 - 100 ped per listing did have an impact, but was soon factored in to the cost of items - but did add more risk. As the listing cost was added to the loot pool, it was noticeable that HOF sizes started to get a lot larger around this time.... :)

sorry I have only had time to skim the posts in this thread (the boss is mobile atm and he could pop up at any minute :) )

I agree with you that you should be able to bid on other planet auctions. I get that they are trying to build economies on the seperate planets and promote travel through lootable pvp space ( which I am all for I think it's a great move ).

But in my opinion being able to bid on foriegn auctions would promote travel. You could bid on it and win it, but you would have to travel there to collect it. Which means you either need to fly yourself there or jump a flight with someone else. Which would create opportunities for people to run more passenger services.

Thing is i see the move is rather to incourage people who live on those planets to buy stuff from the local market rather than from other places, to incourage the local economy to flow better and survive on its own.

And i see their decision to make it lootable, to reinforce that and make people think twice before going to other places for stuff rather than buying from their felow colonists on their planet they live on. So the Planet partners users keep to that planet...

So that each planet acts as a country, and then importer and exporters then send stuff in and out of the country as per whats wanted whare that cant be supplied by local markets, much like the economy irl.

OK .. enough of this .. lets just ask Mindark.

Dear Hanne .. no guess not Hanne .. umm .. Dear Pioneer .. mmmm .. no Pioneer .. what about Kim .. nope .. ummm .. Simon ? Emma ? Marco ?

OK .. proceed with the discussion.

Bones

In Europe we try our best to integrate our economy and political systems (EU), for the benefit of all Europeans. We have abolished tolls and many countries have the same currency. We can move around freely. Most of the obstacles that inhibit economical growth and freedom of movement has been abolished.

In EU, we heading into some kind of medieval future, where MA put up as many boundaries and regulations about interplanetary trade, and on top on that, fear of getting robbed by trying to trade safely, that only the fearless and those who like to trade with high risk, will enjoy trading. I’m sure it will stifle, what could have been, a dynamic economy between planets.

Focus has to be between owners of the planets, not between consumers (as we all are) in EU. Owners of planets have to focus to make their planet more lucrative then another planet, so we consumers can have a chose to make business where we think we will profit the most. All focus today is to “tighten” the opportunities we players can have by developing a dynamic interplanetary trading universe.

Back