No loot in PVP combat!?

mandu

Stalker
Society
Victory
Mandu Mojo Marconi
PVP no loot. My 4th GD in PVP4 since VU 10 and no loot. Anyone else having problems?

Only one PK so far in PVP4, yesterday, and it was my first ever.
No looter, is there usually loot on every PK?

you sure you were inside the zone? there isnt much of difference between general pvp and lootable atm.. just little telltale icon flash

Possibly this is on acount of MA's response to the bug dicussed in this thread

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-discussion/160999-very-very-careful-akmuul.html

MA's reply to a support case I posted said this:

Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have confirmed the issue of warnings not being delivered properly, and the issue has been forwarded to members of the design team for further investigation. Any irregularities found will be adjusted automatically. Please follow the Support News section of the website for further information and developments.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
Entropia Support

I have asked them to explain what is meant by "Any irregularities found will be adjusted automatically."

I very much hope it means that people who unwittingly wander into lootable PvP without an anti-toxic shot (as I did earlier today, just to see if that was still possible) cannot be looted.

If anybody thinks that victims of a software bug should be lootable, and that the solution to the problem is stay away from Akmuul if you don't want to get looted, then shame on them.

(yeah, I know damned well that's what some of you think, cos you said so. I was shocked . I thought most Pk-ers were "good sports" and had some kinda sense of honour lol)

jay

I was well within PVP4, I did more than 50% dmg. And no not all kills give loot, but 4 in a row is very irregular. Could be a bug, could just be bad luck. That is why I made this thread.

I was killed in PVP4 yesterday and didn't lose my toxic shot, assuming it was PVP4

I was well within PVP4, I did more than 50% dmg. And no not all kills give loot, but 4 in a row is very irregular. Could be a bug, could just be bad luck. That is why I made this thread.

If you want to, I pick up 2 Animal Hide, you sponsor me a Shot, we go into PvP and you kill me to resolve the riddle :laugh:

If anybody thinks that victims of a software bug should be lootable, and that the solution to the problem is stay away from Akmuul if you don't want to get looted, then shame on them.

(yeah, I know damned well that's what some of you think, cos you said so. I was shocked . I thought most Pk-ers were "good sports" and had some kinda sense of honour lol)
jay

It is not some deep CIA secret that Akmuul has lootable zone on it.. Use common sense,ask near tp where the lootable is (East) and keep well away from it if you hate it.
its "good sports" at rig (with some exceptions).. you can see some societys have activity description "hunting - humans".. its way of making living and having fun with higher risks for profits and losses.. I may die to Uniqu3, Laban or Rilort same way you may die to me..

btw, reason I shot you yesterday when you were standing barely outside zone was that I thought you were camping your chance for surprise attack from behind after I enter..figured I save some armordecay and shoot right away. Had no such suspicion towards Mandu or Mitnick

Last edited:
This is a bug common to VUs

jay

Who the hell said they should be lootable? Actualy we are very good sports, just because you didnt get a response from the guy who killed you doesnt make us all shit does it?

Stop crying over your god damn loot once and for all, your thread was very helpfull but aparently was done over a very selfish reason. I saw you spammed that message after being killed like 3 times in a row, in trade chat and general chat. And that was after i had already told you he had left...

All in all, youre calling him a bad sport just because he wasnt there to answer to you... that is just not a correct action on your behalf.

It is not some deep CIA secret that Akmuul has lootable zone on it.. Use common sense,ask near tp where the lootable is (East) and keep well away from it if you hate it.

That advice would work for me, because I already know that the zone is bugged.

What about those who think that they can add the lootable zones to their map in the time-honoured fashion of walking close enough to the boundary to get the warning? (and how else can they add them to their map?)

What about those who, very reasonably, think that it's impossible to enter the toxic zones w/o an anti-toxic shot?

What about those who have safely mined right up close to the borders of Pv4, in the past, and think that they still can do this?

What about noobs who don't even know about lootable PvP yet?

Not everybody reads every thread on the forum.

A LOT of people are in the process of re-adding places to their maps atm, and they have been caught out, like I was, at both lootable PvPs.

Either you can't see the implications for yourself, or you just don't give a damn about these people and think they're "fair game". I was assuming the latter, becuse I think those implications are obvious, but now I'm not so sure, so I've explained myself a bit more

btw, reason I shot you yesterday when you were standing barely outside zone was that I thought you were camping your chance for surprise attack from behind after I enter..figured I save some armordecay and shoot right away. Had no such suspicion towards Mandu or Mitnick

I have no problem with you shooting me yesterday. I think I actually am fair game, since I do know about the bugs. Anybody who saw any of my posts on this issue has every right to shoot me. Actually, you helped with my research! lol

But I wasn't, as both of us believed, outside the zone. After you shot me, I belatedly received both of the usual warning messages: the one that says you are approaching lootable PvP and the one that says that you have now enterered PvP

This confirms what I have read, but not experienced before: it is possible to enter the toxic zone w/o a shot. It also confirms that the the bugs have not been fixed :(

yeah but since it was to the west before, most ppl feel that it should still be to the west, and not moved to the other side of it :rolleyes:

Who the hell said they should be lootable? Actualy we are very good sports, just because you didnt get a response from the guy who killed you doesnt make us all shit does it?

All in all, youre calling him a bad sport just because he wasnt there to answer to you... that is just not a correct action on your behalf.

I was calling some of the people I spoke to, at Akmuul yesterday, bad sports. No reference at all to the events of last week. I think Selene's post makes my reason clear.( " keep well away from it if you hate it" )

As a response to me pointing out the bugs, and asking the Pk-ers to try to avoid exploiting unwitting victims of the bugs (which clearly didn't include myself, at that point) that really sucked. I thought that most of you guys wouldn't want to loot people who'd entered by accident, w/o even carrying a shot, on account of a bug. But that response sounded to me like "Actually, I don't give a damn"

If MA have made it so such people can't be looted, good for them. High time. Otherwise, he consequences could ruin the whole game's rep (if it isn't
down the chute already)

I might be sorry that people like Selene are wasting their ammo, but now I'm tempted to apply the same logic he uses and say: don't fire a shot if you don't like wasting ammo. If you don't know that it's bugged, then tough.

Stop crying over your god damn loot once and for all, your thread was very helpfull but aparently was done over a very selfish reason. I saw you spammed that message after being killed like 3 times in a row, in trade chat and general chat. And that was after i had already told you he had left...

For the record: I have no problem over last week's "damned loot", nor with Don. Please don't invent one.

The message in question was to ask how much I'd lost (because I try to keep track of my profits/losses). I don't know whether he answered me or not (and would not have heard your answer ) because I lost my connection right after asking it, and had to re-log. That is why i repeated the question (as I think I explained at the time)

However, (on account of ANOTHER bug, i guess) the new message appeared in trade, not regular chat, which ppl would have switched off...or so I thought, but you evidently didn't), so I had to try yet again.

This is what you call spamming :rolleyes:' After much perseverence, I asked that question once, effectively. And you aswered (unsurprisingly after all that faffing about) "He's gone" and I left it at that.

As you know, I now know the answer to my question anyway (after resigning myself to not knowing) so I now have less than no problem re. my loot and less than no problem with the Pk-er in question. I've encounterered him since and was completely friendly. Please don't give him to believe that I'm harbouring a grudge.

The present issue concerns the ongoing bugs -which i find completely unacceptable- and other people's loot. I only lost 20 PED, and I know -from much reading of this forum-how to avoid a repetition, but others might lose all they've got. I'm amazed if that hasn't happened yet, given the narrow scrapes I've read about: e'g .people mining for hours in lootable PvP. without any idea that they are in there.

For the record: I have no problem over last week's "damned loot", nor with Don. Please don't invent one.

The message in question was to ask how much I'd lost (because I try to keep track of my profits/losses). I don't know whether he answered me or not (and would not have heard your answer ) because I lost my connection right after asking it, and had to re-log. That is why i repeated the question (as I think I explained at the time)

However, (on account of ANOTHER bug, i guess) the new message appeared in trade, not regular chat, which ppl would have switched off...or so I thought, but you evidently didn't), so I had to try yet again.

This is what you call spamming :rolleyes:' After much perseverence, I asked that question once, effectively. And you aswered (unsurprisingly after all that faffing about) "He's gone" and I left it at that.

As you know, I now know the answer to my question anyway (after resigning myself to not knowing) so I now have less than no problem re. my loot and less than no problem with the Pk-er in question. I've encounterered him since and was completely friendly. Please don't give him to believe that I'm harbouring a grudge.

The present issue concerns the ongoing bugs -which i find completely unacceptable- and other people's loot. I only lost 20 PED, and I know -from much reading of this forum-how to avoid a repetition, but others might lose all they've got. I'm amazed if that hasn't happened yet, given the narrow scrapes I've read about: e'g .people mining for hours in lootable PvP. without any idea that they are in there.

Pointless hijack, lets leave this petty discussion as is.

I have no problem with you shooting me yesterday. I think I actually am fair game, since I do know about the bugs. Anybody who saw any of my posts on this issue has every right to shoot me. Actually, you helped with my research! lol

But I wasn't, as both of us believed, outside the zone. After you shot me, I belatedly received both of the usual warning messages: the one that says you are approaching lootable PvP and the one that says that you have now enterered PvP

This confirms what I have read, but not experienced before: it is possible to enter the toxic zone w/o a shot. It also confirms that the the bugs have not been fixed :(
guess you are right, there is bug there.. some people I know were also unable to get zone appear on map without getting themselves killed first..
bugs seem to repeat themselves lol

I had to relog inside the zone on my first trip in order to get all the messages as well as the Zone on my map. Defo a bug somewhere.

What about those who think that they can add the lootable zones to their map in the time-honoured fashion of walking close enough to the boundary to get the warning?[/B] (and how else can they add them to their map?)

What about those who, very reasonably, think that it's impossible to enter the toxic zones w/o an anti-toxic shot?

Submit a support ticket to MA! They are the only ones who can fix this, and I doubt they'll dig down deep into subsections of "hunting" forums. This goes both for "veterans" who know this is a bug and getting to know the border in a safe way aswell as beginners who stumble into pvp4 by mistake and get shot in the back.

What about those who have safely mined right up close to the borders of Pv4
, in the past, and think that they still can do this?
Actuallyt the borders around pvp4 was pvp even before. Quite some pk:ing was done in the past between the service center and pvp4 border especially in the early days of pvp4, though it was non-lootable pvp. It wasn't like people hunted eachother though there. But yes people was killed outside pvp4, but no they didn't get looted.

What about noobs who don't even know about lootable PvP yet?
Yes, therefor you should write a support ticket. The more people who write support tickets the bigger chance there it it will get fixed.

I might be sorry that people like Selene are wasting their ammo, but now I'm tempted to apply the same logic he uses and say: don't fire a shot if you don't like wasting ammo. If you don't know that it's bugged, then tough.
sounds rational logic..few shots wasted are nothing anyway..

MA-made bugs in this "Universe" are like little natural disasters irl.
except IRL you have nobody to send "bugreports" to..

Back